Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Solar Red Coach leaving? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar Red Coach leaving?

+12
dreambig
Futbol Bum
bootit
soccerbag
hecklnjeckl
4kidsinsoccer
ckclimited3
soccerrus2
mkl662
OnTheSurface
scrmum
Armadillo
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Solar Red Coach leaving? Empty Solar Red Coach leaving?

Post by Armadillo 6/7/2010, 8:03 am

Scuttlebut this weekend is SR coach is going to Andromeda...anyone confirm it?
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Solar Red Coach leaving? Empty Re: Solar Red Coach leaving?

Post by scrmum 6/7/2010, 8:07 am

That is true. Maric is at Andromeda.

scrmum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/7/2010, 8:08 am

Is this development recent, like within the last day or three? As far as I know he was at SR practices last week!
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrmum 6/7/2010, 8:17 am

Rumors were floating last week when the 95 red team merged with Chivas at Solar. Confirmed this weekend.

scrmum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/7/2010, 9:08 am

Are there enough of LM's boys to go with him for Andro to take the bye or will Smudger find another coach for that team?

Back to top Go down

Post by mkl662 6/7/2010, 1:29 pm

This is true, Maric has gone to Andro and it appears that The Chivas coach will most likely get the 95 spot and take over the team

mkl662
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/7/2010, 2:33 pm

Thanks mk1662. We are on the 96 Boys thread. What about that team?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 6/7/2010, 3:00 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:Are there enough of LM's boys to go with him for Andro to take the bye or will Smudger find another coach for that team?

this team was going to split if Leo remained anyway. There will be no 95 boys going to Andro and why do you presume Leo will even take a 95 team at Andro?

Also Kevin doesn't make the coaching decisions for SR..Solca does.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ckclimited3 6/7/2010, 4:26 pm

any idea who will be coaching the 97 Solar Red team that Leo had just taken over?

ckclimited3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4kidsinsoccer 6/7/2010, 7:37 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:Thanks mk1662. We are on the 96 Boys thread. What about that team?
The bye will stay with Solar Red and AS will find a new coach. No way LM gets 12 to go to Andro.

4kidsinsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hecklnjeckl 6/7/2010, 11:31 pm

The 96 coach has already been named. It's Max Martinez who will also coach the 95 team. Heard this from AS myself. None of the boys are going to Andro with LM as he is not coaching a 96 team there, he'll oversee the u16 & u18 academy teams. MM is looking to add a few more players to the ones already committed to Solar, I'm sure there will be plenty of interest and they'll end up with a quality D1 squad.
hecklnjeckl
hecklnjeckl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/8/2010, 3:50 pm

So, is LM coaching USSF Academy at Andro or at Solar?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbag 6/8/2010, 9:20 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:So, is LM coaching USSF Academy at Andro or at Solar?
It looks that way...my kid is trying out for the Andro Academy...don't know anything about LM. (some other post said there were "grumbling parents" from his Solar team) I thought it was going to be Oscar. Any insight?

soccerbag
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by hecklnjeckl 6/8/2010, 10:46 pm

They way I understand it is that LM will oversee the USSF Academy teams at Andro. Not sure if he will actually be coaching them himself or not, but he is definitely gone from Solar.
hecklnjeckl
hecklnjeckl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/8/2010, 11:57 pm

soccerbag wrote:
It looks that way...my kid is trying out for the Andro Academy...don't know anything about LM. (some other post said there were "grumbling parents" from his Solar team) I thought it was going to be Oscar. Any insight?
There should be "grumbling parents" IMO. It's pretty far out for a coach to up and leave right in the middle of open tryout month. Especially when he was a coach of a team who thought everything was all in place for next year, leaving those kids now wondering that their future will be.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 6/9/2010, 12:50 am

OnTheSurface wrote:
soccerbag wrote:
There should be "grumbling parents" IMO. It's pretty far out for a coach to up and leave right in the middle of open tryout month. Especially when he was a coach of a team who thought everything was all in place for next year, leaving those kids now wondering that their future will be.
Looks like all the s--- hits the fan in the month of June. I sure hope things smooth out a bit in July or we are all in for a long soccer year.
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol Bum 6/9/2010, 5:16 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:
soccerbag wrote:

No it is not. Not any different than the players leaving and jumping to other clubs.
Futbol Bum
Futbol Bum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbag 6/9/2010, 6:51 pm

I am sure there were hurt feelings all around. However, I am now wondering why there were "grumbles" prior to his leaving? I thought my son was trying out for a team coached by Oscar and now I'm not sure...I guess that is for my kid to decide if he likes Leo. Practice was cancelled tonight so I'll wonder about it another day Smile

soccerbag
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 6/11/2010, 12:42 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:There should be "grumbling parents" IMO. It's pretty far out for a coach to up and leave right in the middle of open tryout month. Especially when he was a coach of a team who thought everything was all in place for next year, leaving those kids now wondering that their future will be.
Remember that for these coaches, it is their livelihood...the way that they put food on the table for their families. No matter how inconvenient it is for the teams, they are entitled to make career decisions that help them earn a living with the security of knowing their paycheck will not bounce each month. Also, June is the end of the soccer year, so if a coach is going to make a change, it makes the most sense that the change would happen at the end of that year and not in the middle of a season.
I think it is a little dramatic to say that these kids were left, "now wondering that their future will be." This coach was named for your team at the end of the season. He hadn't even been around enough to develop a strong bond with this team. The club will now give them another coach. They will play on. Their futures are fully in tact and not dependent on a coach going to another club.
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/11/2010, 1:33 pm

I don't completely subscribe to the notion that coaches are simply assets that can be plugged in and out of teams whenever a mood strikes. The boys form a bond with the coach, or at least we would hope. For the coach to suddenly depart is damaging to the team. Especially when it was a well established team where the coach had been in place for awhile. And especially in this month where we already have enough drama and unease to go around .. without the coach leaving too.

There are teams where he was new to them, and teams where he was not. And yes, it is their livelihood .... but I guess in my mind, the timing is a little unfortunate.

Finally - I have no dog in this hunt, just offering observations.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 6/11/2010, 1:48 pm

dreambig wrote:
OnTheSurface wrote:There should be "grumbling parents" IMO. It's pretty far out for a coach to up and leave right in the middle of open tryout month. Especially when he was a coach of a team who thought everything was all in place for next year, leaving those kids now wondering that their future will be.
Remember that for these coaches, it is their livelihood...the way that they put food on the table for their families. No matter how inconvenient it is for the teams, they are entitled to make career decisions that help them earn a living with the security of knowing their paycheck will not bounce each month. Also, June is the end of the soccer year, so if a coach is going to make a change, it makes the most sense that the change would happen at the end of that year and not in the middle of a season.
I think it is a little dramatic to say that these kids were left, "now wondering that their future will be." This coach was named for your team at the end of the season. He hadn't even been around enough to develop a strong bond with this team. The club will now give them another coach. They will play on. Their futures are fully in tact and not dependent on a coach going to another club.

I also have no dog in this hunt...just an observation that nothing good comes in the long term from mixing money and children's sports. It is where we are and i get it...but "this is their livelihood" is weird to me.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 6/11/2010, 2:17 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:I don't completely subscribe to the notion that coaches are simply assets that can be plugged in and out of teams whenever a mood strikes. The boys form a bond with the coach, or at least we would hope. For the coach to suddenly depart is damaging to the team. Especially when it was a well established team where the coach had been in place for awhile. And especially in this month where we already have enough drama and unease to go around .. without the coach leaving too.

There are teams where he was new to them, and teams where he was not. And yes, it is their livelihood .... but I guess in my mind, the timing is a little unfortunate.

Finally - I have no dog in this hunt, just offering observations.
Nobody but you said that "coaches are simply assets that can be plugged in and out of teams whenever a mood strikes." Also, to say that a career move was prompted by a "mood strike" is simply ignorant. Unless you are his wife, I suspect you have no idea regarding the situation.
I disagree with your hyperbole that these kids futures are in doubt because the coach they have had for one month is leaving at the end of his contract. The timing would have been more unfortunate if he left after player contracts were signed.
This is kids' soccer. Change happens. These boys are old enough to start learning how to deal with changes in their life without feeling like their future is jeopardized. Nobody got hurt, divorced, died, etc. It's a perfect opportunity for them to learn that they don't have to be victims of change, but have the power within themselves to make the most of it.
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 6/11/2010, 2:20 pm

Rightback wrote:I also have no dog in this hunt...just an observation that nothing good comes in the long term from mixing money and children's sports. It is where we are and i get it...but "this is their livelihood" is weird to me.
I agree with you. But, as you say, "this is where we are". Just makes me grateful that my livelihood does not depend on kids playing a game and their parents that pay for it.
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just2smile 6/11/2010, 2:39 pm

Dreambig you keep referring to this as if there was only one team involved. Yes one team had only had this coach a short amount of time, but there were other teams involved that had this coach for many years. To say "I think it is a little dramatic to say that these kids were left, "now wondering that their future will be." This coach was named for your team at the end of the season. He hadn't even been around enough to develop a strong bond with this team." is a bit unfair. Several of the boys on the older teams had been with him quite some time and had developed a bond. With that being said, I do agree that the boys have to learn to deal with changes and they will infact go on to continue playing soccer and form new bonds with new teammates and coaches. But we need to understand that they have a right to be upset for a moment and then move on from this. I also agree that coaches are well within their rights to make these types of decisions. As much as we may not like it or want to admit it, select soccer is a business. We as parents have to recognize that and help our kids deal with changes such as these.

just2smile
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hecklnjeckl 6/12/2010, 6:33 pm

Dreambig - Just2Smile is right. Leo had coached the 96 team since their Pal days. I'd say this was quite unexpected for them. I also know that Leo had already brought in a few boys to add to the squad just days before he left. That kinda threw a wrench in the works for them since they had already decided to make the switch from their old teams. It's not the end of the world of course, but doesn't make for a very smooth transition when the coach you switch teams for is suddenly gone.
hecklnjeckl
hecklnjeckl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next