Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Solar Red Coach leaving? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar Red Coach leaving?

+12
dreambig
Futbol Bum
bootit
soccerbag
hecklnjeckl
4kidsinsoccer
ckclimited3
soccerrus2
mkl662
OnTheSurface
scrmum
Armadillo
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solar Red Coach leaving? - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar Red Coach leaving?

Post by hecklnjeckl 6/12/2010, 6:33 pm

Dreambig - Just2Smile is right. Leo had coached the 96 team since their Pal days. I'd say this was quite unexpected for them. I also know that Leo had already brought in a few boys to add to the squad just days before he left. That kinda threw a wrench in the works for them since they had already decided to make the switch from their old teams. It's not the end of the world of course, but doesn't make for a very smooth transition when the coach you switch teams for is suddenly gone.

hecklnjeckl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/12/2010, 6:42 pm

dreambig wrote:Nobody but you said that "coaches are simply assets that can be plugged in and out of teams whenever a mood strikes." Also, to say that a career move was prompted by a "mood strike" is simply ignorant. Unless you are his wife, I suspect you have no idea regarding the situation.
You seem to think it's no big deal for a coach to leave a team that he's been with for several years. And you are able to justify this sudden and unexpected move by saying, it's just a job, he needs to makes money, that's life in the big city, the boys need to man up, etc. etc. etc.

I'm saying that I don't think it's quite that easy. These are 13 and 14 year old children and they do have feelings. Is it the end of the world and the boys are crying their eyes out because their coach left? Of course not. But for you to talk like this is nothing to them, is also rather ignorant.

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/12/2010, 7:11 pm

Why are parents complaining about this man taking his talent somewhere else. The parents are the ones who started this mess long ago. A coach would teach young kids to play and as soon as the parent felt their BB was better than the team they jump ship without so much as a thank you. Most of the time this meant paying more money to a club percieved by the parent to be superior. Clubs and coaches recognised this trend and the pricing went up as well as coaches jumping ship and dumping players for the next great bb. Now parents complain that is a joke. If Classic league play is so high and mighty then why dont we see more of our youngsters playing at the national level or PRO. I believe it is because the elite teams are built around antiquated of soccer play. Big fast athletes in certain spots that win the game and after u-19 all the bbs are left with so much to learn about the game they cant compete at the next level. Case in point Onyewu( whens the last time you saw a center back that becomes so fixated on the ball that he would allow a striker to run in space behind him while chasing a back pass to midfield.) ala Hesky today. Big fast strong no soccer brain! Reminds me of alot what you see here. But then again winning and showing off is what youth soccer seems to be about here in DFW. Before you complain as a parent maybe you should go find your bbs original coach who taught because he loved to pass on the game and say thank you. Parents are thee only ones who can change the course we are on today by holding coaches responsible for development and really watching your bb and judge their quality/skill on things other than wins and losses. If you really want to know what it takes to get to the next level look me up and we can talk. we can see if your bb really has the desire to do what is neccesary or if soccer is a status symbol. CHANGE STARTS WITH THE PARENTS NOT BUYING WHAT THE BIG CLUBS ARE SELLING ON FACE VALUE ALONE!!!!! ever heard of Billy Mayes
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 6/12/2010, 9:38 pm

studsup wrote:Why are parents complaining about this man taking his talent somewhere else. The parents are the ones who started this mess long ago. A coach would teach young kids to play and as soon as the parent felt their BB was better than the team they jump ship without so much as a thank you. Most of the time this meant paying more money to a club percieved by the parent to be superior. Clubs and coaches recognised this trend and the pricing went up as well as coaches jumping ship and dumping players for the next great bb. Now parents complain that is a joke. If Classic league play is so high and mighty then why dont we see more of our youngsters playing at the national level or PRO. I believe it is because the elite teams are built around antiquated of soccer play. Big fast athletes in certain spots that win the game and after u-19 all the bbs are left with so much to learn about the game they cant compete at the next level. Case in point Onyewu( whens the last time you saw a center back that becomes so fixated on the ball that he would allow a striker to run in space behind him while chasing a back pass to midfield.) ala Hesky today. Big fast strong no soccer brain! Reminds me of alot what you see here. But then again winning and showing off is what youth soccer seems to be about here in DFW. Before you complain as a parent maybe you should go find your bbs original coach who taught because he loved to pass on the game and say thank you. Parents are thee only ones who can change the course we are on today by holding coaches responsible for development and really watching your bb and judge their quality/skill on things other than wins and losses. If you really want to know what it takes to get to the next level look me up and we can talk. we can see if your bb really has the desire to do what is neccesary or if soccer is a status symbol. CHANGE STARTS WITH THE PARENTS NOT BUYING WHAT THE BIG CLUBS ARE SELLING ON FACE VALUE ALONE!!!!! ever heard of Billy Mayes
Leo,
You have some very valid points. I would like to note you were with a big club and have moved to another big club. Albeit you are now with a big club that has fields and can make payroll.
My kids never played on your teams, but I always thought you did a good job.
Best of luck
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by studsup 6/12/2010, 10:58 pm

Im not Leo. I just call it as I see it in youth soccer today. One day I do believe people will wake up and see that for the greatest sport in the world to grow strong in America we have to get back to grassroots and develop the youth not only with a passion but with the skill and knowledge of the game to enjoy it on every level. I started in this game in 75 at the age of 3 in Irving TX and have loved it like no other and hate seeing it become an elitist sport where money is more important than development and as long as you talk a good game with a bit of an accent parents pay out the wazu for the right to say I belong. Don't believe me How many kids sign with the Texans on low level teams with subpar coaches for nothing more than to be seen at the signing party in Texans outfit. For now ill just keep working with kids for gas money trying to make a difference the best i can. See you all at the fields.
studsup
studsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbag 6/13/2010, 5:52 pm

I also know that Leo had already brought in a few boys to add to the squad just days before he left. That kinda threw a wrench in the works for them since they had already decided to make the switch from their old teams.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I wonder how many of his old Solar team he will bring with him?? They have not been at his practices because they are still playing regionals.

soccerbag
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by hecklnjeckl 6/13/2010, 8:41 pm

The 95s may be playing regionals, but the 96s are not and none of them are following him to Andromeda.
hecklnjeckl
hecklnjeckl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2