Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

D1 CL 03B - Page 9 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D1 CL 03B

+29
CCM
soccer_soccerlove
frequent flyer
Axxman
dadof3
kickingitlong
mpcls55
ntxsoccerdad65
davito
Fanofson
Onetouchpass
Sprint
txguitguy
allentexan
CincoB
Maradona
beerme
Number13
robben
PremierLeagueFan
hanallalone
ballwork
ocfc
jataca
allen04
zero
backflip
GotNoGame
mnimon
33 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

D1 CL 03B - Page 9 Empty Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by Number13 11/12/2015, 11:47 am

GrimReaperD wrote: FCD kept a small roster so they would have less lash back from parents.  Unfortunately the system is set up to win and these ego maniacs can't help themselves.  Relegation, Dallas Cup qualification, etc. etc. etc.

FCD has 17 kids on their CL roster, same as Castro.  They just have more roster overlap than anybody else (DT none, Solar maybe 1 now).    Cause, well, they can afford it.   It pays more to have 18 PA kids and 17 different CL kids.    

Does FCD ever player pass anybody?    Other than the GK they seem to only bring everybody healthy (and not in trouble) on the CL roster to every CL game.    It just so happens that some of those play PA also.    Maybe that is tomato, tomahto to some folks.   The top age group eligible FCD kids just play PA and no CL as far as I can tell.    If those kids start showing up...last night for example?....that would be interesting.   I assumed FCD feels like CL has nothing to offer those kids.  

Good for the D3 kids showing they can make a difference.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allentexan 11/12/2015, 12:45 pm

Interesting results. Seems like if Odyssey wins out then then they win the league, else it will be Solar Castro, right? Assuming both Solar and FCD win their games and there is no big changes in GD. Saturday will be interesting Smile

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/12/2015, 1:00 pm

If top of table midway and a guaranteed DC birth is "winning" then, yeah, that is how it appears. Odyssey would need to beat a Stricker team that has their number. Otherwise likely comes down to how badly FCD wants to pants Barnes.

I'm not sure if a DC birth is a prize, or a curse. But don't really know any better.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 11/12/2015, 2:43 pm

DC is an awesome prize and whoever gets it from CL gets to breathe a sigh of relief, because both Castro teams are in the Hunt at the other qualifying tournaments so that is going to be a party.

It looks like Woodberry is the last chance for FCDP to make up the GD with Castro.

The PA players on FCDP practice every week with FCDP so they are "actually on the team" and it's not like they show up as outsiders for pass play. We lost to Odyssey with our PA players and FCDP tied Cruz Azul with the PA players so like number 13 says, sometimes you have mixed performance in a game and that goes with the territory at this age.

As far as the Odyssey game went, FCDP got thumped and both teams know it.

Cruz Azul got FCDP playing kickball and FCDP paid the price because Cruz Azul is big and knows how to attack in open space and created their own opportunities. They never gave up against FCDP and their GK made a bunch of great saves and denied FCDP a chance to recover, lesson learned.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 11/15/2015, 11:58 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:DC is an awesome prize and whoever gets it from CL gets to breathe a sigh of relief, because both Castro teams are in the Hunt at the other qualifying tournaments so that is going to be a party.

It looks like Woodberry is the last chance for FCDP to make up the GD with Castro.

The PA players on FCDP practice every week with FCDP so they are "actually on the team" and it's not like they show up as outsiders for pass play. We lost to Odyssey with our PA players and FCDP tied Cruz Azul with the PA players so like number 13 says, sometimes you have mixed performance in a game and that goes with the territory at this age.

As far as the Odyssey game went, FCDP got thumped and both teams know it.

Cruz Azul got FCDP playing kickball and FCDP paid the price because Cruz Azul is big and knows how to attack in open space and created their own opportunities. They never gave up against FCDP and their GK made a bunch of great saves and denied FCDP a chance to recover, lesson learned.

I'm sorry, but if that Cruz kid who played up top v, FCD was age appropriate, I will buy him his next razor. FCD laid an egg, so it doesn't matter.

Anyone want odds on FCD getting into Dallas Cup anyways?

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 11/29/2015, 1:40 pm

Not looking good for the makeup games...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 11/29/2015, 3:08 pm

hanallalone wrote:Not looking good for the makeup games...  

Regardless, CCSAI can't deny Odyssey their DC invite when you consider the team they are scheduled to play hasn't won a game all season and isn't likely to just knock off the top CL team.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 11/29/2015, 7:22 pm

Toyota Center turf fields to the rescue???
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 11/30/2015, 8:03 am

Sounds good to me, CCSAI has an obligation to make sure that Odyssey is given the opportunity to qualify for the DC by playing their last game of the first half of the season.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 11/30/2015, 10:53 am

We certainly appreciate the support; it is a bit unclear at this point... Weather has been rough on all of us lately, and wiped out Copa Rayados for us over the Thanksgiving holiday... NTX represented well, but they cancelled it mid-tourney...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickingitlong 11/30/2015, 1:03 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
hanallalone wrote:Not looking good for the makeup games...  

Regardless, CCSAI can't deny Odyssey their DC invite when you consider the team they are scheduled to play hasn't won a game all season and isn't likely to just knock off the top CL team.

CCSAI can and will do whatever they want to do. They can and will deny anything they want to anyone they want.  It's in their constitution.  Very Happy

kickingitlong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/30/2015, 1:25 pm

kickingitlong wrote:

CCSAI can and will do whatever they want to do. They can and will deny anything they want to anyone they want.  It's in their constitution.  Very Happy

Much like Winston in 1984, I have won the victory over myself.  I love Classic League.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 12/1/2015, 10:32 pm

Number13 wrote:Much like Winston in 1984, I have won the victory over myself.  I love Classic League.

Doubleplusgood literary allusion there comrade. I too love Big Brother.

dadof3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 1/6/2016, 8:24 pm

Heavy rain and 45 deg...no problem.....Castro still practicing his PA and CL teams, the man is dedicated that's for sure!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer 1/7/2016, 1:44 pm

Axxman wrote:Heavy rain and 45 deg...no problem.....Castro still practicing his PA and CL teams, the man is dedicated that's for sure!

FC Premier was out there as well. Dedication all around.
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 2/4/2016, 5:36 pm

Any guess on this weekends reschedule games?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 2/7/2016, 5:40 pm

LFCA Hunt won 2-0 against DT South (Wilco's Forward (aka Man Child) was unstoppable for 2 goals with a 20 yard "high 90" against a strong Adames defense that was a stunner.) Adames will recover from this loss, but this result should put them on notice that the second half of the season is going to be a long hard slog for this Dallas Cup contender.

The #9 Texans (Craft) beat the #10 Texans Woodberry 1-0. Not much to say I expected these two teams to start to differentiate themselves, but it looks more and more like these Dallas Texans have a lock on the bottom at 9 and 10 unless something major happens to bring them up.

Wednesday should be more exciting or at least more meaningful because a win by Odyssey means a Dallas Cup Invitation.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 2/7/2016, 6:34 pm

LFC Hunt dominated the game with possession and controlled the game  They had too much speed and DTS defense could not keep up. Hunts defense contained DTS. LFC Hunt's guest keeper was on fire and made some amazing saves that kept LFC Hunt leading the whole game

DTS is going to need those guest players that got them them the dallas cup bid (or forfeit) in order to compete in Dallas Cup.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 2/8/2016, 2:32 pm

Soccer27 wrote:LFC Hunt dominated the game with possession and controlled the game  They had too much speed and DTS defense could not keep up. Hunts defense contained DTS. LFC Hunt's guest keeper was on fire and made some amazing saves that kept LFC Hunt leading the whole game

DTS is going to need those guest players that got them them the dallas cup bid (or forfeit) in order to compete in Dallas Cup.

Hunt's guest keeper is very reliable which is why Hunt borrowed him from LFCA Owen, but I think that even though DT South struggled against him to level the Hunt game they will still figure out a way to be competitive for the Dallas Cup and I never count them out for the big games because they have a lot of heart and always seem to show up when it matters most.

As for the two Ody guest players they had, that was probably a one time deal and I am sure that Paddy will be doing back flips if they ever ask to do that again.

I got a chuckle out of that tournament because someone thought they were being stealthy with those two players.

Yeah, nobody even noticed that the best attacking midfielder in classic league and his teammate put on Texan's jerseys and started dishing it out at the Fall Festival. Rolling Eyes
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/8/2016, 3:09 pm

I did not attend Fall Festival but probably doing Sal's team a disservice to suggest that two extra kids won them a spot.   As far as stealth goes, all little white boys look more/less alike to me so who is to say?   I don't think Paddy minds them playing more soccer if nothing else is going on.   Right now there is a lot going on though.   Including Odyssey kind of hoping to be in the Dallas Cup on their own.  If that is still on the table.  After reading the homestay requirements I'm not sure hoping is the right word.  But we will see.   I would guess both teams would need to step it up a bit at DC if that is how it turns out.   Just cause both teams are tiny and this is not a great time to be tiny.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 2/8/2016, 3:55 pm

Sal's team played well and I am a fan, but every little bit helps and those two Odyssey players were a dominant force on the pitch so from my perspective, there is nothing wrong with accepting or acknowledging the fact that they "Definitely" helped DT South win the Fall Festival.

As for the size issue, anyone who falls for the "Tiny" argument deserves what they get since some of the best players in our league are teeny tiny and even though size has become an obvious advantage this season, many of our smaller players have continued to find a way to dominate on the pitch.

As for the Dallas Cup, Odyssey deserves the invitation and they darn sure better get an invite come hell or high water because they are a great team and will earn what was promised to them come this Wednesday.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer_soccerlove 2/10/2016, 10:16 am

Let's get it right. Hunt played great as a team. 2 different forwards scored and both were on fire.

soccer_soccerlove
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 2/10/2016, 11:42 am

Tonight is the DC table invite for Odyssey if they win, so good luck against the Texans.

This should be a good chance for Stricker to put some distance between the 4th and 5th position in the table and get back in the groove for the second half of the season.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 2/10/2016, 1:25 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Tonight is the DC table invite for Odyssey if they win, so good luck against the Texans.

This should be a good chance for Stricker to put some distance between the 4th and 5th position in the table and get back in the groove for the second half of the season.

Back in the groove would mean that he was in the groove in the first place. He has been a disaster and a complete and utter failure. How long did it take to ruin Bates' team? Half a season. I'm waiting to see if he can turn this sinking ship around.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 2/11/2016, 8:20 am

Congrats to Odyssey for winning their last game of the first half of the season which puts them in the top spot and qualifies them for a DC invite.

Congrats to Stricker for solidifying their #4 table position in points.

The scores were horrendous for both games,  but in all fairness to the two top 5 teams I know for a fact that each team made an honest and obvious effort (at times too obvious) to challenge themselves before making a scoring attempt and that is about as much as can be expected in a Division 1 game.

As for the Texans team at the bottom (Woodberry) keep working and maximize the rest of your season by challenging yourself to improve with each game. Don't use the score as your indicator and ask Woody to take more risks and work on a tactical plan that improves your team play. The pressure to win is off so move towards a pressure to develop your team tactics and communications. I admire the tenacity of your players so don't think for one moment that the challenges you are facing this year are going unnoticed. It takes a strong character and a will to succeed to keep playing when things are tough so keep moving and keep developing, because your team spirit and player commitment is what makes your players worthy of praise.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 2/11/2016, 5:09 pm

You tell em PLF....a combined 7 goals for, mostly scored vs themselves or Liverpool...and 100 goals against. Go Texans.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum