Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain

+11
TayJ6
itsamoneygrab
posterbored
The German
Number13
Riquelme Rises
OP05
soccer4fun
davito
DragonStryker
soccerdadrandy
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain Empty USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain

Post by earbucket 8/3/2016, 1:17 pm

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Sure looked like they had a pretty good roster with several FCD players.   
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/07/18/21/31/160718-u19mnt-friedel-names-22-player-roster-for-2016-cotif-tournament

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/usa-u19s-humiliated-at-tourney-in-spain_aid39542

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2016/08/watch-a-benches-clearing-brawl-at-the-end-of-a-u-s-u19-mnt-match/

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain Empty Re: USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain

Post by soccerdadrandy 8/18/2016, 9:30 am

earbucket wrote:Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Sure looked like they had a pretty good roster with several FCD players.   
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/07/18/21/31/160718-u19mnt-friedel-names-22-player-roster-for-2016-cotif-tournament

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/usa-u19s-humiliated-at-tourney-in-spain_aid39542

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2016/08/watch-a-benches-clearing-brawl-at-the-end-of-a-u-s-u19-mnt-match/

"a good roster with several FCD players"? The problem with talent identification in the US continues. When you take several players from a top team (sometimes as many as 8 as in the younger group of California Academy players last year) you are rewarding good teams with spots on the US national team, not, neccesarily the the best players. I'm not saying anything about the players selected but you probably have a STUD on a bad team that doesn't show well because he is on a bad team. True identification happens when a scout can see through the team result and imagine what that elite boy on the inferior team can do when surrounded by talent. Again, I say, the USA should have 8=10 regional teams and play each other 15 times a year. Then take the best 22 from that pool of players.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain Empty Re: USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain

Post by DragonStryker 8/18/2016, 9:48 am

The other issue is that the "best" player is largely dependent on system. The Stud on a long ball team might not be so studly on a more possession oriented team. Similarly, the kid pouring in goals on a possession oriented team might not fare so well on a team that plays more over the top. Always exceptions but style of play matters just as much in identification as its a key part in identifying the "best" players.

Until the US develops a consistent style of play, identifying the "best" players for the various National Teams is a comical endeavor bound to failure.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 8/18/2016, 9:52 am

So much for all those FCD DA koolaid drinkers.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 8/18/2016, 10:03 am

I would expect that national team scouts/coaches would take playing style into account during their decisions...but maybe I am too optimistic....

I have to agree with SDR that for a country this large (population and geography) it makes sense to regionalize the identification of players.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/18/2016, 6:33 pm

Wasn't ODP supposed to do that?

I think it's interesting nobody mentions the win against Spain.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 8/18/2016, 9:13 pm

ODP has been left behind
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 8/19/2016, 9:53 am

a closed and locked system will always result in limited or poor development and eventually the demise of whatever product you hope to produce. Our system is exactly like that verse the world. Particularly here in dfw, this club or that club has DA or this club is in this league and this one is not... it should be a open market , may the best player/team/club win and then watch what would happen, then you will see the best rise to the top. For years I have felt fcd needs to scrap its current youth model; have one or two teams in the oldest ages, build bridges with everyone and watch the top players flow to the top. We have it in other markets and hopefully we will see it sometime here in dfw.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 8/19/2016, 11:03 am

The German wrote:Wasn't ODP supposed to do that?

Spain did go on and win the tournament with a 3-1 victory over Argentina in extra time.  In the Spain-US game 3 of the 4 FCD players did not play.  McKennie as the captain was the only one to play.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 8/19/2016, 11:56 am

earbucket wrote:
The German wrote:Wasn't ODP supposed to do that?

Spain did go on and win the tournament with a 3-1 victory over Argentina in extra time.  In the Spain-US game 3 of the 4 FCD players did not play.  McKennie as the captain was the only one to play.
I thought he signed a pro contract in Germany and was gone already good for him though cheers

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 8/19/2016, 12:28 pm

In other "US Soccer and FC Dallas DA are crap" news, the U18 USMNT just won it's group, advancing to the final of the Vaclav Jezek Tournament Final v Czech Rep. after beating Russia 5-3 today.

Paxton Pomykal from the FCD DA scored in the match.

But let's not credit that or the win over Spain cited above. Much easier to lob stones from the peanut gallery.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 8/19/2016, 1:19 pm

Those other 3 FCD players would have made the difference!!! Mmmm hmmm.

For OD05.....Here we go USA!!! Next up the World Cup trophy!!!!! LOL!!!!!

The USA will colonize Mars and mine water from Europa and still will never win a World Cup or Copa America....get real man.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 8/19/2016, 1:25 pm

OP05 wrote:In other "US Soccer and FC Dallas DA are crap" news, the U18 USMNT just won it's group, advancing to the final of the Vaclav Jezek Tournament Final v Czech Rep. after beating Russia 5-3 today.

But let's not credit that or the win over Spain cited above.  Much easier to lob stones from the peanut gallery.

PP from FCD? the one who's dad has all the right connections? Cannot wait to see all these FCD players at man u, Inter, Real Madrid and Barcelona!!!!

Don't mean to suggest these are not good players but you guys act like they could compare to European and South American players of the same age. Reality check guys come on.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 8/19/2016, 1:57 pm

OP05 wrote:In other "US Soccer and FC Dallas DA are crap" news, the U18 USMNT just won it's group, advancing to the final of the Vaclav Jezek Tournament Final v Czech Rep. after beating Russia 5-3 today.

But let's not credit that or the win over Spain cited above.  Much easier to lob stones from the peanut gallery.

That's great. Did Servania play? Both of those players are really good.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 8/19/2016, 2:55 pm

Yes, both FCD players were in the starting 11. Congrats to them both.

For the peanut gallery, not sure where I said FCD has 18 world class players in the stable that will usher US Soccer to an era of global domination.

But it's the closest thing we have around here to a traditional, fully funded, club model like you would find overseas. And it's widely acknowledged to be among the best of the MLS academies. Is it Barcelona, obviously not. But it's progress. We just need 2000 more clubs like it to be relevant on the global stage. :-)

earbucket wrote:

That's great.  Did Servania play?  Both of those players are really good.  

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/19/2016, 3:14 pm

Riquelme Rises wrote:

The USA will colonize Mars and mine water from Europa and still will never win a World Cup or Copa America....get real man.

never is a long time
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 8/19/2016, 4:11 pm

I think we are getting better. Our kids are competitive with overseas. Results are mixed. Some good, some not.

We have population and economic advantages but we are not taking advantage of them yet. The sport still needs to grow and evolve in the USA. Only 20 MLS clubs and a pay to play system are holding us back. But fully funded academies like FCD are a step in the right direction.

I am not sure we will ever get to the large numbers of professional leagues and teams of European countries. So I do wonder if US Soccer shouldn't take advantage of the great American tradition of school sports. School sports has great reach and it is tax payer funded.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 8/20/2016, 9:39 am

I think what seperates Mckennie from the other FCD is the fact that he has been doing international training since he was 10 or even younger I'm told so basically the way they explained it to me was he was trained overseas but used his training here on US competiton to sharpen his skills for this time in his life and I guess it payed off for him Cool he is clearly the top FCD talent way ahead of his FCD peers

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 8/21/2016, 9:43 am

itsamoneygrab wrote:

I think what seperates Mckennie from the other FCD is the fact that he has been doing international training since he was 10 or even younger I'm told so basically the way they explained it to me was he was trained overseas but used his training here on US competiton to sharpen his skills for this time in his life and I guess it payed off for him Cool    he is clearly the top FCD talent way ahead of his FCD peers

Hasn't PP spent a lot of time in Europe doing training as well?

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/21/2016, 10:17 am

They both keep the ball on their feet constantly and are both Committed students of the game. Reminds me of other athletes in other sports who constantly challenge themselves to get more skill and gain more knowledge.

Pretty simple formula very Difficult to stay on Track.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 8/21/2016, 12:07 pm

earbucket wrote:
itsamoneygrab wrote:

I think what seperates Mckennie from the other FCD is the fact that he has been doing international training since he was 10 or even younger I'm told so basically the way they explained it to me was he was trained overseas but used his training here on US competiton to sharpen his skills for this time in his life and I guess it payed off for him Cool    he is clearly the top FCD talent way ahead of his FCD peers

Hasn't PP spent a lot of time in Europe doing training as well?
not even close but that little guy has spent about the same amount of time in Europe as the kids from the stars and stripes teams and some of the other Texans teams so not to sure but what I was told by a top FCD academy coach was that McKinney is the top FCD player hands down he didn't even mention pp other than something to do with his dad I really didn't pay to much attention at that point.

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/21/2016, 12:26 pm

With the difference that he went for meaningful training and not a Kumbaya session with his friends at a meaningless tournament. Besides he spent over the years considerable more time over there than SNS players.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/21/2016, 12:30 pm

Yep big PP has spent an enourmous amount of personal resources to make sure junior PP is in the right place at the right time and surrounded by the right players.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 8/22/2016, 7:53 am

Just to close out the team USA and FCD stink loop:

With a 4-2 victory in the final against host Czech Republic, the U-18 USMNT won the Václav Ježek Tournament.  

The aforementioned Paxton P, from FCD, scored again.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 8/22/2016, 10:30 am

The German wrote:With the difference that he went for meaningful training and not a Kumbaya session with his friends at a meaningless tournament. Besides he spent over the years considerable more time over there than SNS players.

I take it the "he" is McKennie, but Kumbaya doesn't refer to PP, right? And what are SNS players? Serious, Not-so-serious players.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next