Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain

+11
TayJ6
itsamoneygrab
posterbored
The German
Number13
Riquelme Rises
OP05
soccer4fun
davito
DragonStryker
soccerdadrandy
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain - Page 2 Empty Re: USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain

Post by earbucket 8/22/2016, 10:30 am

The German wrote:With the difference that he went for meaningful training and not a Kumbaya session with his friends at a meaningless tournament. Besides he spent over the years considerable more time over there than SNS players.

I take it the "he" is McKennie, but Kumbaya doesn't refer to PP, right? And what are SNS players? Serious, Not-so-serious players.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain - Page 2 Empty Re: USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain

Post by The German 8/22/2016, 1:25 pm

The 'he' is PP. Kumbaya refers to all the teams going to play tournaments in Europe over the summer. Not to take anything away from them and their successes they have but I believe it's more for experience than anything else. Finally SNS is short for Stars'n'Stripes. Let me know if you have any other question.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 8/22/2016, 4:28 pm

PP scored a nice goal in Czech tournament.

Video of goal

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/22/2016, 4:47 pm

I had to smile watching the video. I have seen PP scoring the same goal over a 100 times in his career. You could almost call it his signature goal.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

USA U19s humiliated at tourney in Spain - Page 2 Empty open system

Post by posterbored 8/22/2016, 6:14 pm

soccer4fun wrote:a closed and locked system will always result in limited or poor development and eventually the demise of whatever product you hope to produce. Our system is exactly like that verse the world. Particularly here in dfw, this club or that club has DA or this club is in this league and this one is not... it should be a open market , may the best player/team/club win and then watch what would happen, then you will see the best rise to the top. For years I have felt fcd needs to scrap its current youth model; have one or two teams in the oldest ages, build bridges with everyone and watch the top players flow to the top. We have it in other markets and hopefully we will see it sometime here in dfw.

I see what you are saying and agree......partially. I would counter to say that DFW area had been operating under an open youth system for, what, 20 years with the classic league. FCD Academy started producing better teams immediately, mainly due to it being free. Players came from everywhere and quickly overtook Texans as the top youth club.

Also, please don't forget that FCD Youth teams at $3,000 per player is actually what funds the DA teams. So, they can't/won't scrap the youth model, because it makes more $$$ than the pro team.

To really effect change, the system needs to be opened at the top. The NPSL teams in our area need to be able to win their way into USL2, then USL, then NASL, then MLS. Part of that would also be to require pro clubs to have youth teams just like MLS teams are required to do. Additionally, you would think the pro clubs would have some type of reserve team for the U19 - U23 players that aren't quite ready for 1st team minutes. The DA should also be opened up at the U18 level at least, probably U16 level as well.

The fact that FCD had such strong teams right off the bat shows that DFW had good players compared to the rest of the US. The problem was getting them on one team. IMO, travel is the biggest issue. Again, it takes a massive FCD Youth program to fully fund the DA teams. I'd be willing to bet the most expensive line item for DA budgets is the travel.

Texas has over 25 million people. We (yeah, I'm a Texan) should be able to run our own programs and produce world class talent. Yet, the US as a whole has never produced even 1 truly world class talent.

posterbored
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by posterbored 8/22/2016, 6:15 pm

itsamoneygrab wrote:
I thought he signed a pro contract in Germany and was gone already  good for him though cheers

Not officially signed until next week I think when he turns 18.

posterbored
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by posterbored 8/22/2016, 6:27 pm

DragonStryker wrote:The other issue is that the "best" player is largely dependent on system.  The Stud on a long ball team might not be so studly on a more possession oriented team.  Similarly, the kid pouring in goals on a possession oriented team might not fare so well on a team that plays more over the top.  Always exceptions but style of play matters just as much in identification as its a key part in identifying the "best" players.

Until the US develops a consistent style of play, identifying the "best" players for the various National Teams is a comical endeavor bound to failure.

I agree and Servania is a relevant example. Immediate starter on 99 FCD academy (that had just won a national championship) after moving from Alabama shows he was a very good player prior to arrival. How many national team call ups did he have before coming to FCD? Answer: 0

posterbored
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 8/22/2016, 7:36 pm

finish1 wrote:Yep big PP has spent an enourmous amount of personal resources to make sure junior PP is in the right place at the right time and surrounded by the right players.
well sir you sound like you have either spoke with the same people I have? you seem to have the scoop can you confirm your info though you must know some "behind the scene" knowledge Wink

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/22/2016, 8:13 pm

Same poop different pile, bro.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 8/22/2016, 9:36 pm

SNS, Stars n' Stripes

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/23/2016, 8:41 am

itsamoneygrab wrote:
finish1 wrote:Yep big PP has spent an enourmous amount of personal resources to make sure junior PP is in the right place at the right time and surrounded by the right players.
well sir you sound like you have either spoke with the same people I have? you seem to have the scoop can you confirm your info though you must know some "behind the scene" knowledge Wink

It's not that far behind the scenes because his Dad has been training his BB since he was a youth and he was the poster boy for the Dallas Texans and the residency program and was a huge draw for the club since he was always traveling to Europe and practicing with pro teams.

He always has a ball at his feet and is entirely self motivated so it was easy to see that he represents what is possible if you commit to the sport at an early age. Odyssey and Solar Castro and a few other unmentioned teams have players who are just as committed so it will be interesting to see what his impact will be in DFW since he is definitely a great example of what a truly committed player looks like and has encouraged other like minded players with his local success.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/23/2016, 9:44 am

I would say the last two really exceptional players to come out of NTX based on player commitment, and without the direct involvement of parental connections, is Clint Dempsey and Omar Gonzalez. Those are the types of players that can really inspire others to excel.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 8/23/2016, 10:20 am

Ok, give me an all-time starting 11 from the area.

Here is this guy's 2015 Texas team with active players (albeit Holden not really active at that time).

Texas team

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/23/2016, 10:44 am

finish1 wrote:I would say the last two really exceptional players to come out of NTX based on player commitment, and without the direct involvement of parental connections, is Clint Dempsey and Omar Gonzalez. Those are the types of players that can really inspire others to excel.

They are surely two great examples of hard work, determination and support from the DallasTexans trust fund. Nobody gets there for free and I have much respect for the DT parents who have funded many worthy players over the years.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 8/23/2016, 12:00 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
itsamoneygrab wrote:

It's not that far behind the scenes because his Dad has been training his BB since he was a youth and he was the poster boy for the Dallas Texans and the residency program and was a huge draw for the club since he was always traveling to Europe and practicing with pro teams.

He always has a ball at his feet and is entirely self motivated so it was easy to see that he represents what is possible if you commit to the sport at an early age. Odyssey and Solar Castro and a few other unmentioned teams have players who are just as committed so it will be interesting to see what his impact will be in DFW since he is definitely a great example of what a truly committed player looks like and has encouraged other like minded players with his local success.
so are you saying he is the first player to be committed?

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 8/23/2016, 12:02 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
finish1 wrote:I would say the last two really exceptional players to come out of NTX based on player commitment, and without the direct involvement of parental connections, is Clint Dempsey and Omar Gonzalez. Those are the types of players that can really inspire others to excel.

They are surely two great examples of hard work, determination and support from the DallasTexans trust fund. Nobody gets there for free and I have much respect for the DT parents who have funded many worthy players over the years.
ok but honestly how much of that was invested in Dempsey who apparently only played like a few months for the Texans and I'm sure Hassan has made back his investment 10X Cool

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/23/2016, 12:57 pm

EB, there are some really strong names on the list, including Kellyn Acosta, Lee Nguyen, and Drew Moor. Thanks for the link. I still think my two picks are the strongest.  

I have never been a fan of Brek Shea. I always thought he was overrated as a player. He is tall and fast with a bomber of a left foot, but can't play soccer.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/23/2016, 1:54 pm

itsamoneygrab wrote:

Nope, just saying that since Nipper started his residency program at the Texans (who gave up on it and lost a bunch of those players to FCD and Solar) that this particular player was the example for others who wanted more opportunities to develop and train beyond the traditional model that was available.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 8/23/2016, 2:15 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
itsamoneygrab wrote:

Nope, just saying that since Nipper started his residency program at the Texans (who gave up on it and lost a bunch of those players to FCD and Solar) that this particular player was the example for others who wanted more opportunities to develop and train beyond the traditional model that was available.

And of course his daddy's big bucks had nothing to do with it. Alot of players can train in Europe if they had deep pocket daddies to make it happen. Love all these band wagon nut huggers...

by the way the (nut hugger) phrase is courtesy of our banned forum friend Omega Striker.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/23/2016, 2:39 pm

Riquelme Rises wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
itsamoneygrab wrote:

And of course his daddy's big bucks had nothing to do with it. Alot of players can train in Europe if they had deep pocket daddies to make it happen. Love all these band wagon nut huggers...

by the way the (nut hugger) phrase is courtesy of our banned forum friend Omega Striker.

I didn't know Omega Striker was banned.

As for the rest of your comment I think that there are many people who laughed and made fun of the parents who chose the additional training in the USA 4-5 days a week like the boys I am referring to who are now in the Academy and have developed to a higher level and will continue to develop over the next few years of Academy training.

I am not a fanboy of any particular rich parent/player combo, but I do remember that it was Coach Pomykal who convinced the Texans to start a residency program with Nipper and the rest is history.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 8/23/2016, 2:49 pm

Yes...Omega was banished....
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/23/2016, 3:17 pm

PLF, yep Nipper was the real deal. His Sunday School sessions were the most fun bb ever had at training sessions. I always thought HN let one get away there...
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehlodog 8/23/2016, 3:25 pm

Interesting stuff I agree PLF. Though this started me thinking that If someone posted on the forum that their 7-9 year old is talented and motivated to develop but the cash isn't there, what would this forum recommend as the path given the current state of things?

Ehlodog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 8/23/2016, 3:40 pm

You hear a lot on here about getting a ball and a wall. And with YouTube there is a ton of free stuff out there (like Beast Mode). The best investment we made in terms of return per dollar was a rebounder in the front yard.

Some of the skills trainers will work with very talented kids at a reduced rate. Group skills are a good way to keep the cost down too.

I also know a few good independent coaches who only charge their costs (a fraction of the average 3k per team) for select. They are hard to find, but they are out there.

Scholarships do happen at Fcd (even if it's the coach taking the hit). And parents can work at events at Toyota stadium, including FCD games, to substantially reduce the cost of select soccer.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/23/2016, 3:46 pm

I'd be willing to wager there are parents on plenty of teams out there that would help out a child whose parents truly couldn't afford the costs associated with academy/select soccer. I know I would try to help to the best of my ability.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/23/2016, 3:51 pm

Ehlodog wrote:Interesting stuff I agree PLF. Though this started me thinking that If someone posted on the forum that their 7-9 year old is talented and motivated to develop but the cash isn't there, what would this forum recommend as the path given the current state of things?

USIFA is going to be offering summer training next year but that will be a long drive for some parents to make.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next