Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

36 players called into U16 BNT camp Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

36 players called into U16 BNT camp

+7
PremierLeagueFan
plantit
go99
itsamoneygrab
soccerdadrandy
Majortom
tpitty
11 posters

Go down

36 players called into U16 BNT camp Empty 36 players called into U16 BNT camp

Post by tpitty 9/8/2016, 2:14 pm

So of the 36 players called into camp, 9 were from Texas, and 6 of those from FCD. Good to see that our local boys are being recognized more regularly.

Top Drawer Article

tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

36 players called into U16 BNT camp Empty Re: 36 players called into U16 BNT camp

Post by Majortom 9/8/2016, 5:12 pm

tpitty wrote:So of the 36 players called into camp, 9 were from Texas, and 6 of those from FCD. Good to see that our local boys are being recognized more regularly.

Top Drawer Article

Congratulations to these young men. FWIW FCD is getting a lot of press lately: PP signed a HG contract today, the U16 and U18 DA teams are ranked very high in pre season and the pro team is not doing bad either.

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

36 players called into U16 BNT camp Empty Re: 36 players called into U16 BNT camp

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/8/2016, 11:20 pm

Majortom wrote:
tpitty wrote:So of the 36 players called into camp, 9 were from Texas, and 6 of those from FCD. Good to see that our local boys are being recognized more regularly.

Top Drawer Article

Congratulations to these young men. FWIW FCD is getting a lot of press lately: PP signed a HG contract today, the U16 and U18 DA teams are ranked very high in pre season and the pro team is not doing bad either.

yes FCD is doing a good job developing as well as recruiting top talent. finally identification is being done by people other than the jokers representing US Soccer. PP (pretty sure we can use his name now lol) got a few nibbles from US National scouts when he was younger but FCD identified him and RAMMED him down US Soccer's throat. and i mean that in the kindest way towards PP. i knew the first time i saw him he was special. great job young man.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 9/9/2016, 8:37 am

I didn't affiliate all of the players clubs that were called into camps, but why do you think that only MLS clubs (FCD, and Dynamo) were the ones from Texas to send players? Do the Texans, Solar, Lonestars, Rush, Houston Texans, etc not have a player worthy of that selection? Does a kid have to play for FCD in the dfw to be noticed by USNT scouts?
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 9/9/2016, 11:08 am

Majortom wrote:

Top Drawer Article

FCD is even getting press time from Apple.

http://www.fcdallas.com/post/2016/09/07/social-fc-dallas-gets-shoutout-appleevent

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/9/2016, 11:56 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:
Majortom wrote:

Top Drawer Article

yes FCD is doing a good job developing as well as recruiting top talent. finally identification is being done by people other than the jokers representing US Soccer. PP (pretty sure we can use his name now lol) got a few nibbles from US National scouts when he was younger but FCD identified him and RAMMED him down US Soccer's throat. and i mean that in the kindest way towards PP. i knew the first time i saw him he was special. great job young man.
so does your son play for FCD

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 9/9/2016, 12:39 pm

Everyone plays for FCD, it's just whether we make the club or not. Laughing
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 9/9/2016, 1:09 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
Majortom wrote:

Top Drawer Article

This will be an everlasting attribute of the FCD system; curious...what is the age cutoff where FCD should genuinely claim credit for developing a player versus recruiting (and developing) top talent?

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/9/2016, 2:48 pm

tpitty wrote:I didn't affiliate all of the players clubs that were called into camps, but why do you think that only MLS clubs (FCD, and Dynamo) were the ones from Texas to send players? Do the Texans, Solar, Lonestars, Rush, Houston Texans, etc not have a player worthy of that selection? Does a kid have to play for FCD in the dfw to be noticed by USNT scouts?

With FCD coaches working with the USSF it certainly helps. But I wouldn't worry much about being noticed by NT scouts. Just play because the list of former youth national team players who went on to accomplish squat is extensive and the accomplishments of overlooked players is often more impressive.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/9/2016, 9:56 pm

go99 wrote:
tpitty wrote:I didn't affiliate all of the players clubs that were called into camps, but why do you think that only MLS clubs (FCD, and Dynamo) were the ones from Texas to send players? Do the Texans, Solar, Lonestars, Rush, Houston Texans, etc not have a player worthy of that selection? Does a kid have to play for FCD in the dfw to be noticed by USNT scouts?

With FCD coaches working with the USSF it certainly helps.  But I wouldn't worry much about being noticed by NT scouts.  Just play because the list of former youth national team players who went on to accomplish squat is extensive and the accomplishments of overlooked players is often more impressive.

Agreed .. Fcd thinks if they didn't discover you, or train you, then you just can't play, leaving MANY stones unturned. Many of the attributes skilled players have that are valued around the world just don't impress the US brass due to style of play and we see where that gets them TIME,,,,,,,after time,,,,,,after time ,,,,,,,,,,, after time again!!!!!!!!

Good to see your still alive GO.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/9/2016, 10:52 pm

Majortom wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
Majortom wrote:

Top Drawer Article

This will be an everlasting attribute of the FCD system; curious...what is the age cutoff where FCD should genuinely claim credit for developing a player versus recruiting (and developing) top talent?

If they get your BB by the age of 13 or 14 then it's reasonable to say that they developed your BB.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/10/2016, 9:24 am

that's interesting because every pro or elite level coach has always said by the ages 13-14 they can tell if the player is of quality so the crucial years of development are in the years previous after 13 its tweaking and gut checking time

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/10/2016, 11:28 pm

plantit wrote:
go99 wrote:

With FCD coaches working with the USSF it certainly helps.  But I wouldn't worry much about being noticed by NT scouts.  Just play because the list of former youth national team players who went on to accomplish squat is extensive and the accomplishments of overlooked players is often more impressive.

Agreed ..  Fcd thinks if they didn't discover you, or train you, then you just can't play, leaving MANY stones unturned. Many of the attributes skilled players have that are valued around the world just don't impress the US brass due to style of play and we see where that gets them TIME,,,,,,,after time,,,,,,after time ,,,,,,,,,,, after time again!!!!!!!!

try and find a former youth US national team player that rose to any level of professional soccer. you can point to 5 or 10 other "unidentified" players that are in the pro's that didn't get recognized by our illustriust US national scouts. to Go's point, its much easier to find a group pg players from a top team and assume you have something special. its much more time consuming and expensive to actually scout all of that academy games (which allegedly they do. to scout doesn't mean to show up and make an appearence) furthermore they don't seem to realize that the best players on a great team make everyone look better but everyone on that great team are not better than some exceptional talents playing on a poor team.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/10/2016, 11:40 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
plantit wrote:
go99 wrote:

Agreed ..  Fcd thinks if they didn't discover you, or train you, then you just can't play, leaving MANY stones unturned. Many of the attributes skilled players have that are valued around the world just don't impress the US brass due to style of play and we see where that gets them TIME,,,,,,,after time,,,,,,after time ,,,,,,,,,,, after time again!!!!!!!!

try and find a former youth US national team player that rose to any level of professional soccer. you can point to 5 or 10 other "unidentified" players that are in the pro's that didn't get recognized by our illustriust US national scouts. to Go's point, its much easier to find a group pg players from a top team and assume you have something special. its much more time consuming and expensive to actually scout all of that academy games (which allegedly they do. to scout doesn't mean to show up and make an appearence) furthermore they don't seem to realize that the best players on a great team make everyone look better but everyone on that great team are not better than some exceptional talents playing on a poor team.
this is very true

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 9/12/2016, 9:46 am

itsamoneygrab wrote:that's interesting because every pro or elite level coach has always said by the ages 13-14 they can tell if the player is of quality so the crucial years of development are in the years previous after 13 its tweaking and gut checking time

Arsene Wenger said it best:

"You build a player like you build a house. First is the basement, the base of the player is the technique. You get that between 7 and 14 years of age. If you have no technical skill at 14, you can forget it you will never be a football player.

Then, the second part is the physical aspect, the first floor is the physical talent of the player. That is decided between 14 and 17 where you see if they will be quick enough, strong enough.

Then the second floor is the tactical aspect. Do I understand the game? How can I relate to you if I have the ball, do I understand where to go?

And then the final part, decided at 18 and 19 years of age, is how much do I want to be successful? Am I ready to not go to a disco on Friday night, because on Saturday I want to have a good game? That's the final floor, and what I call the roof. If you have no roof, it rains in, and when it rains in, the house collapses.
Arsenal1984
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go1 9/12/2016, 12:56 pm

Arsenal1984 wrote:
itsamoneygrab wrote:that's interesting because every pro or elite level coach has always said by the ages 13-14 they can tell if the player is of quality so the crucial years of development are in the years previous after 13 its tweaking and gut checking time

Arsene Wenger said it best:

"You build a player like you build a house. First is the basement, the base of the player is the technique. You get that between 7 and 14 years of age. If you have no technical skill at 14, you can forget it you will never be a football player.

Then, the second part is the physical aspect, the first floor is the physical talent of the player. That is decided between 14 and 17 where you see if they will be quick enough, strong enough.

Then the second floor is the tactical aspect. Do I understand the game? How can I relate to you if I have the ball, do I understand where to go?

And then the final part, decided at 18 and 19 years of age, is how much do I want to be successful? Am I ready to not go to a disco on Friday night, because on Saturday I want to have a good game? That's the final floor, and what I call the roof. If you have no roof, it rains in, and when it rains in, the house collapses.

Gotta have the video (Go to 3 min 10 secs in for actual quote above):

go1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 9/12/2016, 1:58 pm

Hopefully these pro or elite level coaches/scouts are not the same ones who are unable to identify US talent. Curiosity piqued..anyone know if any of these 6 players spent their youth (pre 13-14 yo) in the FC Dallas system?

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 9/12/2016, 2:17 pm

The information is in their bios on the FCD website. Looks like the six players selected for the national team this time have been with FCD for 10, 4, 3, 3, 2 and 1 years. So a range of 1 to 10 years with FC Dallas.

Ochocinco wrote:

Hopefully these pro or elite level coaches/scouts are not the same ones who are unable to identify US talent. Curiosity piqued..anyone know if any of these 6 players spent their youth (pre 13-14 yo) in the FC Dallas system?

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 9/14/2016, 7:11 am

Majortom wrote:
Majortom wrote:

Top Drawer Article

FCD is even getting press time from Apple.

http://www.fcdallas.com/post/2016/09/07/social-fc-dallas-gets-shoutout-appleevent

More press for FCD. Congrats to them for winning the Lamar Hunt Open Cup last night. FWIW, it's a trophy they hadn't won in a while and let's be honest, it's a small victory for local fans since we haven't had much to celebrate lately with any of our local professional teams.

Past US Open Cup winners:

http://www.ussoccer.com/lamar-hunt-us-open-cup/open-cup-champions

For those of us not so familiar with the Lamar Hunt legacy:

http://www.fcdallas.com/club/legacy

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down