Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DA transfers Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DA transfers

+10
soapboxdad
Number13
hanallalone
Maradona
earbucket
PremierLeagueFan
tpitty
soccerdadrandy
Soccerlife89
dfwsoccerdad
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DA transfers Empty DA transfers

Post by dfwsoccerdad 10/1/2016, 4:03 pm

Does anyone know the rules about transferring out of DA within a club and/or to a new club?

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

DA transfers Empty Re: DA transfers

Post by Soccerlife89 10/1/2016, 10:38 pm

Just leave and join a North Texas team that is ussf north texas is usysa. Im sure the da club will say you cannot but you can. A few teams looking for players this time of year.

Soccerlife89
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/2/2016, 8:52 am

dfwsoccerdad wrote:Does anyone know the rules about transferring out of DA within a club and/or to a new club?

you can leave DA team at any time. just can't join another DA team during current playing year
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/2/2016, 11:51 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:
dfwsoccerdad wrote:Does anyone know the rules about transferring out of DA within a club and/or to a new club?

you can leave DA team at any time. just can't join another DA team during current playing year

That is a fact I know from experience. I wish we could loan players to other clubs to make DA more competitive.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 10/3/2016, 9:30 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
That is a fact I know from experience. I wish we could loan players to other clubs to make DA more competitive.

Was DA not competitive enough for you?
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/3/2016, 10:09 am

tpitty wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:

When teams are getting blown out 3-0 and 6-1 in DA, I think that we should consider loaning out players just like the professional teams do.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 10/3/2016, 10:12 am

well the 3-0 wasn't a blow out, you watched the game right?

Loan players from whom? expound if you will.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/3/2016, 10:27 am

Oh Please,  it was never in doubt and the GK saved a bunch or it would have been 6-0. You will absolutely never be competitive against the top team and the next game will most certainly be worse than the last.

If you really are drinking the Kool-Aid then ask the dark lord to Scrimmage Odyssey, Stricker, and FCDP.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 10/3/2016, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not nice, not right, not doing again)
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 10/3/2016, 10:34 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Oh Please,  it was never in doubt and the GK saved a bunch or it would have been 6-0. You will absolutely never be competitive against the top team and the next game will most certainly be worse than the last.

If you really are drinking the Kool-Aid then man up and ask the dark lord to Scrimmage Odyssey, Stricker, and FCDP.

I am not being argumentative, just asked if you saw the match, and apparently you didn't. Would of been hard since your classic game was near the same time.
FCD is a great team and made some solid improvements. An own goal by the Texans and a missed pk changed quite a bit there in regards to the scoring. Stuff happens.
Ask your buddies to watch the replay on HUDL. The term blowout isn't accurate, but its cool. Like I said, they are a great team with a great program behind them.

I like how you redirect to playing classic teams. I think they are a good bunch, hopefully they do well in their league. Im cheering for them since I know plenty of kids on both sides.

So the loaner program...details on your idea?

"If you really are drinking the Kool-Aid" -- nah bro, just taking my kid to train and play. He is only working on his game to get himself better, no kool aid needed for that.

Last edited by tpitty on 10/3/2016, 10:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Kool Aid-- cause I do think it tastes good. Wonder what happened to the fat kool aid guy.)
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/3/2016, 11:22 am

The Classic League teams I mentioned would beat the Texans DA team. Don't be condescending about Classic League when you are not a top competitor in DA.

As for loaning players who did you think I meant?  There are players in Classic League who would be a tremendous benefit to the Texans if they would get loaned as DP's.

**** The fat kool aid guy remark was pretty good!
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/3/2016, 11:27 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:The Classic League teams I mentioned would beat the Texans DA team. Don't be condescending about Classic League when you are not a top competitor in DA.

As for loaning players who did you think I meant? There are players in Classic League who would be a tremendous benefit to the Texans if they would get loaned as DP's.

Yes there are very good players in Classic that could help teams. My BB U16 DA (2000 boys) did play FCD 99 premier team to a 3-3 draw recently. PLF, I believe you will see a tremendous difference in how DA teams perform against their peers now that age pure age leveled the playing field. The depth of talent is almost always better on A DA squad. I agree 100 percent that there is still top, U identified talent in Classic, PPL and Arlington.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 10/3/2016, 12:21 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:The Classic League teams I mentioned would beat the Texans DA team. Don't be condescending about Classic League when you are not a top competitor in DA.

As for loaning players who did you think I meant?  There are players in Classic League who would be a tremendous benefit to the Texans if they would get loaned as DP's.

**** The fat kool aid guy remark was pretty good!

I am far from condescending about classic league. As mentioned prior, I cheer for many of those kids to do great. I think the big disconnect is that you are comparing different leagues. If we don't finish 1 or 2 against Dynamo and FCD, that is seen as not being a top competitor. For my kid, he gets to play top teams in the nation regularly. (Dynamo x2, FCDx 2, 2-Indy DA showcases, Disney DA Showcase) That is winning in my opinion. We are not in competition with Classic league, we have our hands full in our own division.
Classic league is great, and we may be back there again one day, but it isn't the same product. Can those 3 teams mentioned beat a DA team?-- anyone can beat anyone on any given day. First though, you might want to work on being tops in your own league, or at least beating Andro.

The loan program: I find it interesting, and didn't know what you meant, which is why I asked you to clarify. Not sure it is a worthwhile endeavor for coaches, and most definitely don't think that adding those players to Solar or the Texans would make them more competitive against FCD or Dynamo. Its fun to speculate though.

Thanks for that chat, and good luck this season.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 10/3/2016, 12:47 pm

If you are a local DA team at 16s and 18s, then you play local teams thrice while everyone else twice. That means that DT and Solar have ground to make up since their competitors are only playing FCD twice.

FCD U14s added during the season a DP from an independent club a few years ago. That did not become a loan, because I think the kid just stayed with FCD afterwards.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 10/3/2016, 1:05 pm

tpitty wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:

cheers

Most families/players who leave DA on their own, may do so because of lack of playing time (cost not being a factor anymore?). In other cases (perhaps the majority), it is because family/player was asked to step aside due to better player(s) joining. Truth be told, that's the case at any competition level (i.e. PA, classic, ppl, etc.) so one would have to infer then that the sacrifices and perks associated with being part of a DA program would far outweigh the desire to leave DA and thus most folks indeed leave because they are "politely" asked to...especially at FC Dallas where the waiting line is long.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/3/2016, 1:05 pm

earbucket wrote:If you are a local DA team at 16s and 18s, then you play local teams thrice while everyone else twice.  That means that DT and Solar have ground to make up since their competitors are only playing FCD twice.

FCD U14s added during the season a DP from an independent club a few years ago.  That did not become a loan, because I think the kid just stayed with FCD afterwards.
There is the problem with "loaning" players. The good ones will stay in DA and loaning club gets nothing in return. FCD marketing won't even acknowledge a BB previous playing career.

Last edited by soccerdadrandy on 10/3/2016, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/3/2016, 1:41 pm

Interesting topic... Haven't seen all of the DA teams play, but FCD is stocked up on talent from what I have seen... That being said, there are players in CL that could make that squad (so I assume they could make the others as well since FCD is the top team)... Some people out there just don't want to train every day, some like school sports, and some don't even know about the DA... Talent is everywhere in NTX... I have seen talent leave the API and start on the top team in D1 CL the next year... DA certainly has a bunch of talent, but I do agree with PLF that there are a few teams in CL who could beat some of the DA squads... I think that is why PLF is fond of referring to the NPL and SRPL as "ACADEMY"; if you win your region of the NPL, you get the chance to play the winners of the TEPAL in Aurora Colorado... Not sure how teams of different levels could meet up in the same tournament unless they are at least close to the same talent level??? We played DA teams in Aurora and we are not a DA... We just won the NPL South Central division and qualified for Nationals that way... Anyhow, carry on...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/3/2016, 1:43 pm

There is no chance of any CL team loaning kids to the DA team (outside of a club). Some DA team may come and grab their kids, but nobody is loaning anybody anywhere. It's just not in human nature to shoot yourself in the head for the greater good.

I assumed PLF meant FCD loaning out their extra kids to the other DA teams to make a more competitive local DA experience for the remaining FCD kids (or maybe for all). Theory being that there are better "surplus to needs" kids at FCD than there are starting kids on the other DA teams. Which seems believable...long waiting list and all. Also seems to fit the scenario. But there is no chance of that either. It'll happen naturally as part of the great filtering process (kids getting left out at FCD will go to other DA teams, while best kids outside of FCD will go to FCD) but that is about it.

The bottom line on the local DA scene is that the best kids are at FCD at U14 and older. And thus there isn't much anybody can do to make the other teams competitive with FCD. More competitive? Yeah probably. But not competitive. So whatever. 500# gorillas be gorilla-ing.

I don't think PLF has a son who is included on a CL game day roster.

I suspect most 02 CL teams would have a tough time beating the 03DA teams. So let's not lose our shite. But unlike U14DA, the U13DA local teams are all pretty comparable. Give it a few years.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/3/2016, 3:30 pm

I am definitely saying that it would be possible to backfill DP's from the top Classic League teams. I know that there are many players who can contribute that are in CL and since DP's have different rules applied they have more team flexibility than FT's and even if they don't become FT's they will still be able help their CL or HS team.

I didn't include FCD because they have a system that is producing a high level of competition that could be challenged by the Local USSF clubs (Solar and Texans) if they had more player options and disruptive internal competition.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soapboxdad 10/4/2016, 4:12 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:I am definitely saying that it would be possible to backfill DP's from the top Classic League teams. I know that there are many players who can contribute that are in CL and since DP's have different rules applied they have more team flexibility than FT's and even if they don't become FT's they will still be able help their CL or HS team.

I didn't include FCD because they have a system that is producing a high level of competition that could be challenged by the Local USSF clubs (Solar and Texans) if they had more player options and disruptive internal competition.

Although it may be possible, it does not fit the model. DA is for players with both the talent AND willingness to commit. They sign onerous contracts and the club dedicates more time, resources, and opportunities as consideration. This, arguably, will bring out the best in those players. Maybe FCD DA is better and maybe some classic players could make some DA teams, but both of those points are as irrelevant as individual match scores to the model and the goals of DA.
soapboxdad
soapboxdad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/4/2016, 4:39 pm

soapboxdad wrote:

Although it may be possible, it does not fit the model. DA is for players with both the talent AND willingness to commit. They sign onerous contracts and the club dedicates more time, resources, and opportunities as consideration. This, arguably, will bring out the best in those players. Maybe FCD DA is better and maybe some classic players could make some DA teams, but both of those points are as irrelevant as individual match scores to the model and the goals of DA.

DA is for players with both the talent and willingness to commit to DA. Not commit. Commit to DA at one of the limited local destinations. At U14...you get one that is kind of so-so, one which makes you attend their schools, and one which you are just there to help out the coach's kid. Wooohooo. DA!

DA is there to try to be a chokepoint that funnels all aspiring talented kids to a few destinations where USSF has some oversight and consistency. Which is fine and all and makes some sense. Personally I think its fairly relevant IF there are significant numbers of similarly skilled kids who choose not to do DA. Assuming that is really the case. As that would indicate that not everybody good views DA as the goal, which is the goal of DA. But I would guess more and more folks are viewing DA as the goal.

Here of course I am speaking of DA from the USSF perspective. And like you say, they don't care if FCD is great at DA. But the local DA club perspectives are different, and I am quite sure that they all care about the individual match scores and the talent level of their teams. If your DA teams get killed, you become Andro....

But whatever, the goal of DA is to make the good kids come to DA. So changing the rules where kids can half-ass come to DA and play in the games is never going to happen. As you say, does not fit the model. I'm just making all that shite up based on my personal viewpoint of their model, which may be off base. But whatever, internet forum and all.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by OutofTowner 10/6/2016, 9:26 am

I think one of the things hurting the non MLS DA programs is the inability to hang the homegrown carrot in front of the players.  FCD averages around 1 homegrown signing a year so realistically, players moving to that academy program should have a realistic idea of how hard that homegrown contract will be.

I think that opens up the door for the other programs... Its time for a Texans/Solar sponsored USL team.  A USL team doesn't offer the same type of draw obviously as signing with an MLS team, but if they can offer a path to professional soccer and have a legitimate relationship with player sharing agreements with a Euro club, it becomes significantly easier to attract and retain young talent.

I read somewhere that FCD is planning on starting an FCD2 team that will play in the USL that could be up and running by 2018.  That will just create that much more of a vacuum as FCD is able to provide meaningful pro playing time to more players.

The other clubs need to think further into the future to become competitive with FCD and not just resign themselves to scraps.  I don't think youth players on loan is the answer to improve parity.  The same problem remains with the top talent being drawn to the FCD academy.  There are definitely skilled and gifted players not in the academy but not enough to overcome FCD's advantage and draw.

OutofTowner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 10/6/2016, 10:18 am

An association between DT or Solar with a USL team will not attract players as young players will naturally gravitate to FCD which is part of MAJOR League Soccer while USL's are second division.

An association would benefit those two teams if the promising DA players get to practice with the professional team just as FCD DA Academy players do.

The reality is that DT and Solar will never match the quality of depth that FCD has and will continue to get. The non-MLS clubs may have some outstanding players, but not depth through the roster.

I think the best bet for non-MLS clubs is to provide outstanding coaching and put together competitive teams. As an example, look at Real Colorado U16s last year. They finished 3rd in nation and losing to FC Dallas twice in dominant fashion. This summer their coach and three most impactful players went to the MLS Colorado Rapids team.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OutofTowner 10/6/2016, 11:32 am

I think its too soon to say that the Texans and Solar won't be able to match FCD's quality of depth. FCD certainly looks to have turned the corner with the multiple national titles and younger teams in the pipe that look like they'll be even better but the right people might rise to the challenge.

You bring up Real... having experience with the DA clubs in the Denver area. I can say that despite losing some players to the Rapids they generally have better depth than the Rapids. Without looking up the actual numbers (so don't quote me) it seems like Real usually has more YNT call ups or at least did in the past. A player or two would leave Real for the rapids in the U17/U18 age to be positioned for a homegrown contract but Real's reputation for developing players is or at least was in the recent past very strong. Denver University ranked 7th in the country right now gets quite a few top Real players. I believe they have 3-4 Real 2018 grads committed already.

It might be the way the structure is set up that helps even out the playing field for the competitive draw in Colorado Youth Soccer. They don't do a placement tournament. Tournaments at younger ages and the U10 league plays a part in placement, but placement in U11 is generally based on past club success. So Real, Rapids, Rush, Pride, Arsenal, etc. usually get their top team in the top league with their next best team in the next division and so on. Having ran the competitive side of a small club, I can say it makes it tough for small clubs to break into the most competitive divisions and might take a few years of advancement to get a team into the upper levels but it seems to help create parity among the top programs. It also seems to result in more kids staying on local teams.

All that to say... DT and Solar shouldn't throw in the towel just yet. It might continue to move in the direction of FCD academy teams being the best in the country and the D1 leagues made up of 4-5 FCD teams but who knows. There are a lot of good coaches and good business minds in the DFW area that I'm sure could find a way to even the field a bit.

OutofTowner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/6/2016, 11:33 am

You have it right about sponsoring a USL team between the youth clubs to compete for players who want a pro career. Most MLS salaries are tiny compared to international soccer clubs and the USL could easily become a step off league to promote up and coming youth players who have aspirations beyond MLS.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ifyousayso 10/6/2016, 11:55 am

something to think about.  IF a kid signs a USL contract, does that make it harder for him to go to Europe.  Let's say club A spends $1 million a year on USL team.  Easy to do with salaries and travel.  

Then 1 kid a year is good enough to sell, and club A wants $1,000,000 transfer fee.  Does that fee make it harder for this kid to go Europe.  I  know Europe has tons of money, but the kid can't go until he's 18.  So if you sign him at 16 you don't have much leverage unless you sign him to a deal until he's 20.  No top kid at 16 would do that, especially give up guaranteed college which is worth more than most USL salaries.  Why wouldn't the top kid just trial in Europe on his own until he's 18.  Many kids in US have done it and Europe clubs pay their way for these training stints.  

I think many kids want to play pro but the highest rated kids/national team kids won't want that deal unless they are very young.  Problem then is they can wait out contract and transfer for free.

I agree there are many kids that go undiscovered, don't want college, and want to fight their way into the pros.  This is where USL is great, but  if your not an MLS team, you better be willing to invest a lot of money with limited return from player transfer fees.  So now you have to fill a high school stadium to make your money back.  Without massive community support or a very rich person who doesn't care about money this will be tough in the Dallas market.
There is much more to this than most think

ifyousayso
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum