Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts

3 posters

Go down

FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts Empty FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts

Post by momof2boys 7/30/2010, 3:58 pm

FC Dallas signs three Development academy players to mls contracts
Ruben Luna, Victor Ulloa and Moises Hernandez join FC Dallas’ First Team

FRISCO, Texas (July 30, 2010) – Former FC Dallas’ Juniors players Ruben Luna, Victor Ulloa and Moises Hernandez have all been signed to professional contracts under Major League Soccer’s homegrown player initiative, FC Dallas’ Technical Director Barry Gorman announced Friday.

“Graduating players from our development academy on to the professional team is our ultimate goal within the program,” Gorman said. “That we've been able to do exactly that with four players already is a testament to both the quality of the players in our program and the hard work of our academy coaches.”

The three players will travel to Colorado with the first team this weekend to take part in a reserve game after FC Dallas’ match with the Colorado Rapids Saturday evening.

“Today marks a momentous achievement for our organization,” Vice President of Hunt Sports Group Dan Hunt said. “One of our principle initiatives at FC Dallas is to identify and develop home grown players and to graduate those players from our academy onto our professional roster. To now have four players come through our youth development system symbolizes more than the culmination of their individual hard work and determination. It is a testament to the fulfillment of the goals of this organization, and the success of the development system we are building.”

All three players were recently honored by the U.S. Soccer Development Academy during U-17/18 Finals Week at The Home Depot Center in Carson , Calif. Luna and Hernandez earned Development Academy Starting XI honors for the U-17/U18 USSDA. Ulloa landed a spot on the USSDA Central Conference Starting XI.

Playing alongside Hernandez and Ulloa, Luna scored a team high 26 goals in 29 appearances for the U18 FC Dallas Juniors this season. The team won the Central Conference with a record of 11-2-3.

“For our program, the most important thing we can do is provide our players with the opportunities to realize their full potential,” FC Dallas’ Director of Player Development Oscar Pareja said. “Our goal is to give them the support and the tools they need to play the game at the highest level with personality and with passion. To watch these players achieve their goals and take this next step is exactly what we want for them. We are very proud.”

A defender, Hernandez started a team high 30 matches for the Juniors. Coming forward from his defensive position, he also scored two goals. Ulloa started 29 of 31 games in the midfield. He scored two goals during the regular season.

The FCD Juniors captain, Ulloa also scored during the group stage of USSDA Finals Week. His goal came in the team’s second match of the season-ending tournament against the Derby County Wolves – the team that won the U-15/16 Championship in 2009. The match finished 1-1.

Heading into their third game, FCD Juniors were poised to finish first in their group before falling, 3-2 to CASL Chelsea FC Academy on a stoppage-time goal. The loss pushed the team to third place in their group. Luna converted a penalty kick goal in 61st minute of that match.

Luna is eligible to play with the first team during the 2010 season, while Ulloa and Hernandez will be eligible for the 2011 season.
--FCDALLAS.COM—

momof2boys
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts Empty Re: FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts

Post by True10 7/30/2010, 4:21 pm

It good to see these kids get a chance at the pro level. But other than bragging rights how does this directly help FCD. The MLS works as a single entity so FCD cannot make money off the players. I would like it if the MLS team that has homegrown players get to keep money if they can sell the players to other teams. FCD has had a handful of players play pro outside the MLS and they gotten nothing from it. FCD is investing in these young players they should get something if other teams sign them as pros whether it is in the MLS or abroad. Once again congradulations to these players their hard work has paid off.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts Empty Re: FC Dallas signs 3 Juniors to MLS contracts

Post by go99 7/30/2010, 4:43 pm

actually I believe under the new rules FCD can sell the players and they get a significant portion of any transfer fee. I believe there is a limit to the number of players per year under the initiative and another problem is can't sign contracts here until 18 so the players outside the MLS were able to leave on their own accord so not a MLS issue. I do believe the MLS has to do something with FIFA regarding US players and contracts abroad. Otherwise what may happen is MLS will lose all of it's brightest players before the age of 18 to foriegn leagues before they can sign them. I don't expect to see these players at FCD for very long. FCD is a step and the next step is europe.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down