Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Looking for a Classic League team? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Looking for a Classic League team?

+9
Bears
DblDown
Uncleof05AP
allen04
DragonStryker
Number13
FCD07 Mom
LLHowie
Soccer_mom81
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looking for a Classic League team? Empty Looking for a Classic League team?

Post by Soccer_mom81 8/6/2017, 6:02 pm

Garland Tigres Academy 07 Gold will be playing in Classic League D1 this year. We have a couple spots open for strong players who can keep up with D1 competition. This team practices at 4500 O'Banion Rd, Garland, TX 75043 on Tues & Thurs 6:15pm - 8pm. Call Ismael Alvarez for more info at 972-598-2397.

If you live out in the Fort Worth area, our Ft Worth Tigres (still part of Garland Tigres Academy) just made Classic D2 today, winning all 3 of their games. If you would like more info on the Ft Worth team, call Luis Munoz at 817-791-9953.

Please excuse all the nonsense replies that some disgruntled parents from other teams have made. I can affirm that our club plays 100% legit, and we are on the up and up. Bottom line, if you have an 07 player who has not signed yet (believe it or not, there are many who cannot afford to pay the high club prices, who would like to play), call our coach or send me a private message for more info. We charge less than a thousand a year, and we have a D1 spot. Yes, we went into a big roster change in the Spring, but we are getting back on track. Give us a call if interested. If you are not interested, please do not leave replies that have no interest in our club. Thanks!

Last edited by Soccer_mom81 on 8/8/2017, 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correction)

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Classic League team? Empty Re: Looking for a Classic League team?

Post by LLHowie 8/7/2017, 1:45 pm

How do you rearrange your roster after the rosters were locked for Classic league?

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_mom81 8/7/2017, 1:51 pm

Rosters were locked for classic league qualifier tournament. They do not lock rosters for league until April 15th. We can add/release/transfer players at any time up til then.

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/7/2017, 1:56 pm

April 15th???

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/7/2017, 2:07 pm

Unless things have changed dramatically....Rosters don't "lock" for CL. You can transfer or add or drop or whatever you want through the year. Go nuts.

Your roster gets frozen 2-3 days before the game each week, that is it.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_mom81 8/7/2017, 2:09 pm

@Socceroo

April 15, is a Classic League Rule:
1. This is the roster freeze date that the Classic League uses for Teams
invoking the 75% exception rule and requesting the Bye invitation be given to team’s new club (including a 1 team club)

2. This is the Roster Freeze Date for all teams playing in the Boys Classic League Challenge Tournament. 

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/7/2017, 2:10 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong but this sounds a little shady. "now that we have our spot secured, we are rearranging our roster". Sounds to me like you either used non Tigres players to qualify, which is misleading and an injustice to someone who may be willing to join thinking it is of D1 quality , or you "thanked" some Tigres players for helping you qualify by kicking them off. Again, not trying to be disrespectful or mean, but this is what I think when I read your post. Most clubs have contracts in place and rosters are pretty solid. They may leave a roster spot open for an unsigned player or two but I've never heard of them "rearrange"ing. That would be a little unsettling to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/7/2017, 2:17 pm

That (April 15) is the roster that you have to keep 75% of if you want to take last year's bye with you in the event that you leave your existing club.  

That is also the roster date for the Challenge tourney, which is conducted in the Spring with last year's roster for teams hoping to qualify for D3 in their 2nd or later year of Select.

07s just played in the QT.  Different tourney. 07s don't have byes from last year. April 15th has nothing to do with 07s.  

But, bottom line is you are correct on original post,  as far as I know.  You can change your roster between teams in the same club pretty much however you like.  Just transfer kids between teams.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_mom81 8/7/2017, 2:28 pm

Yes. That's what we are doing.

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/7/2017, 2:35 pm

Fuzz wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but this sounds a little shady.  "now that we have our spot secured, we are rearranging our roster".   Sounds to me like you either used non Tigres players to qualify, which is misleading and an injustice to someone who may be willing to join thinking it is of D1  quality , or you "thanked" some Tigres players for helping you qualify by kicking them off.  Again, not trying to be disrespectful or mean, but this is what I think when I read your post.  Most clubs have contracts in place and rosters are pretty solid.  They may leave a roster spot open for an unsigned player or two but I've never heard of them "rearrange"ing.   That would be a little unsettling to me.  

Here is perhaps how things happen.

You have 22 kids.   Maybe the top quarter of them are quite good, maybe the bottom quarter are a bit behind.  You are going to put two teams into the CL QT for U11.    You figure if you put the best 11 on one team and the next 11 on another...the 2nd group may not have much shot at qualifying.   BUT if you put 7 good ones on one team and 4 on the other.....you probably didn't hurt the first team too much and now you can qualify two teams.  And afterwards you can shuffle the kids around (once, for the most part).  And maybe even sell a few more CL roster spots now that you know you have them.

That doesn't seem shady to me, it seems smart.   Assuming all the participants (in your club) knew what the deal was.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/7/2017, 2:42 pm

Thank you for helping us qualify. We will now start recruiting players to replace you on the team you helped qualify.

Pure class!
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 8/7/2017, 2:52 pm

We will now start recruiting players to replace you on the team you helped qualify.

Well...it is called Competitive Soccer.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 8/7/2017, 2:52 pm

Assuming their team picture is correct, it looks like they only have twelve players on their roster.   If that is correct, I am not sure adding a player or two is "sketchy" - especially if the parents and players are on board with it.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_mom81 8/7/2017, 2:55 pm

To throw something else out there. Something I learned over the last year, is that a player can be registered with 2 different teams. One through North Texas Soccer and the other through US Club Soccer. Now, explain that. But, hey, thanks for making our post for new players turn into a long drawn out explanation.

Last edited by Soccer_mom81 on 8/7/2017, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a spelling error)

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/7/2017, 3:06 pm

Soccer_mom81 wrote:To throw something else out there. Something I learned over the last year, is that a player can be registered with 2 different teams. One through North Texas Soccer and the other through US Club Soccer. Now, explain that. But, hey, thanks for making our post for new players turn into a long drawn out explanation.

NTX is USYS.  US Club Soccer is not USYS.   That's my non long drawn out explanation.

You can play in CL for one team and in Primetime for a totally different team.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/7/2017, 3:38 pm

Uncleof05AP wrote:Assuming their team picture is correct, it looks like they only have twelve players on their roster.   If that is correct, I am not sure adding a player or two is "sketchy" - especially if the parents and players are on board with it.

Absolutely not sketchy.  I would call that normal.  Most teams probably keep a spot open for various reasons.  I guess the word "rearrange" is what caught my attention.  If I was looking to "fill" a roster spot or two I wouldn't use the word "rearrange".  To me, "rearrange" sounds like someone was shown the door unwillingly, which is what would be considered sketchy to me.  If they had open spots or kids voluntarily left, absolutely not sketchy, but again I would say something like ".....we are looking to fill a  roster spot or two....". Also, the fact they are looking outside the club for players seems to raise an eyebrow. "rearrange" and looking for outside players usually don't go hand in hand.

Must be a slow news day for us keyboard warriors Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Fuzz on 8/7/2017, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/7/2017, 4:08 pm

Soccer_mom81 wrote:Yes. That's what we are doing.

So just to be clear, you guys are moving the best kids from the D2 squad to the D1 squad and the bottom players of the D1 squad to the D2 squad?

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 8/7/2017, 4:15 pm

I still thought your rosters were set. You could player pass a kid up to play on a different team (3 was I thought the limit each week) within your own club or fill a spot that was vacant but could not change your roster up every week.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/7/2017, 4:22 pm

LLHowie wrote:I still thought your rosters were set. You could player pass a kid up to play on a different team (3 was I thought the limit each week) within your own club or fill a spot that was vacant but could not change your roster up every week.  

How I understand it is that every kid gets one free no questions asked transfer within the club. So you can make a grand sweeping roster modification...once. You can't shuffle the kids around every week to always make sure that little Bobby Badass is always playing in the crucial game. Well you could, but that would mean that you would need to put little Bobby in PPL and player pass him every week into CL to whoever needs him. If one was so inclined.

Throughout the year you can continue to change your roster from week to week. Player pass, adds, transfers, etc. But its not realistic to always be making wholesale changes.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 8/7/2017, 4:28 pm

One of the "Big Three (or Four if you are so inclined)" needs to hire No. 13 to be the club's GM.   In all seriousness, they would have teams winning all type of cups under his reign.   I mean the foregoing in a positive way.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 8/7/2017, 4:37 pm

Uncleof05AP wrote:One of the "Big Three (or Four if you are so inclined)" needs to hire No. 13 to be the club's GM.   In all seriousness, they would have teams winning all type of cups under his reign.   I mean the foregoing in a positive way.

All that would get you is the clubhouse toilet stopped up, all the beer gone from the refrigerator, and most of the club funds used to buy a Lagoon 420 sailing to Papeete loaded with bales of weed and soccer moms.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/7/2017, 4:48 pm

I was under impression that Player Passes were for players playing up, not in the same age group....Coming from one of the big 3, I think the whole concept is ridiculous and easily abused by the Big 3.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 8/7/2017, 4:49 pm

In other words, it would be business as usual for a lot of clubs.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 8/7/2017, 5:22 pm

Some clubs do this with regularity. You will swear you see the same kids every time you play a team from that club. The only restriction is that they can only play 1 USYS game per day. Now, they can also US Club roster and keep playing in PrimeTime.
As long as you roster down the good players, they can play up a division in the same age group or play up an age group to any division, if needed.

The rule was supposed to allow for the development promotion of improving players and to allow clubs to cover for injuries while keeping the roster size down so kids aren't just riding the bench in the higher division. Not a bad idea, but someone will always abuse the system.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_mom81 8/7/2017, 6:12 pm

Sorry. Got busy actually working. Lol. Not that I need to let everyone know our private club details, I will elaborate just to clear up the air on the bs rumors that other clubs talked the past years. What happened was that we had two full teams up until June. Gold and Silver. Half of our Gold team was made up of 08s. We took the 08s off the 07 roster (since they can't play U11 til they are U11), and left them solely on the 08 team. Then, a few of our 07s left to other clubs. Our Silver team parents freaked out when they saw our price ($750 for the year), and went to rec or wherever else they went. If they thought $750 was a lot, I'd hate to see their faces when or if they went to FCD, Texans or Solar. My son played with Solar and they charged around $3400 including uniforms. Keep in mind, on our Gold team, we usually only keep 12-13 players on our roster. So, when contract time came around, we didn't have enough to fill the roster to minimum. So, we took a couple of our Silver team (who plays US Club) and put them in our Gold team to get the minimum of 12 players. Parents were aware and agreed. So, it's an easy, legal transfer. For some reason, people have always claimed that we use older players, which is total opposite of our practices. Many of our teams use younger players, with the exception of the 07 teams this year. For example, our 02 team is a combination of about three 04s, five 03s, and the rest are 02s. If anyone wants to know more, feel free to ask, as we have complete transparency in our club. Thanks to those who have helped explain this issue.

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next