Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Mass shooting at Classic League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Mass shooting at Classic League

+7
bueler13
07 boys soccer
Solar 07B
thebirdstheword
Henry14
Dallassoccerdad
rgr07dad
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mass shooting at Classic League Empty Mass shooting at Classic League

Post by rgr07dad 11/4/2017, 10:15 am

I witnessed the most classless, distasteful display I ever seen at a youth soccer game today.  After getting an early goal to make it 1-0, the entire team (except the goalie) ran to the offensive corner flag and presumably the goal scorer mimicked a machine gun shooting all of his teammates as they fell over dead.  To the apparent delight of the parents on the sideline.  Absolute lack of class.  Shouldn't be allowed in any shape or fashion in our league.

Last edited by rgr07dad on 11/4/2017, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed reference to actual team)

rgr07dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Mass shooting at Classic League Empty Re: Mass shooting at Classic League

Post by Dallassoccerdad 11/4/2017, 1:45 pm

At first I thought this was going to be a joke about the top 2 FC Dallas teams getting slaughtered today, but this is much more serious.

What team did this?

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rgr07dad 11/4/2017, 2:31 pm

It was Allegiance...lost a lot of respect for them today.

rgr07dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry14 11/4/2017, 3:12 pm

rgr07dad wrote:I witnessed the most classless, distasteful display I ever seen at a youth soccer game today.  After getting an early goal to make it 1-0, the entire team (except the goalie) ran to the offensive corner flag and presumably the goal scorer mimicked a machine gun shooting all of his teammates as they fell over dead.  To the apparent delight of the parents on the sideline.  Absolute lack of class.  Shouldn't be allowed in any shape or fashion in our league.

Sports is supposed to be fun...Give me a break. About time there is a real celebration after a goal. I am tired of this wonder bread soccer we play in the US. Let the boys have fun..

Henry14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 11/4/2017, 4:30 pm

You mention a brand that filed for bankruptcy and had to be recovered by a private equity fund to survive. Kindaof ironic.

Celebrations are awesome. Charge the field. Secret hands shakes. Choreographed dance. All awesome.

Simulating a machine gun and mowing down 10 year olds is not accepted in today’s environment. If you agree with that type of behavior, you might want to consider divorcing your sister.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry14 11/4/2017, 4:48 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:You mention a brand that filed for bankruptcy and had to be recovered by a private equity fund to survive.  Kindaof ironic.

Celebrations are awesome. Charge the field.  Secret hands shakes.  Choreographed dance.   All awesome.

Simulating a machine gun and mowing down 10 year olds is not accepted in today’s environment.  If you agree with that type of behavior,  you might want to consider divorcing your sister.

Really??? We are a country that sells a gun culture to kids every day....From Nerf, Water, BB...etc... Kids simulate shooting each other all the time. Don't be a hypocrite!

Secret hand shakes??? How old are you??

You proved my point....Let the kids have fun...Old man or woman, whoever you are.

Henry14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 11/4/2017, 4:52 pm

I watched some of that game.

Sorry you were offended. Most likely your @ss is chapped from your kids team getting dominated - rather than offended by a pre-rehearsed celebration.

Seems like their bonding tactics worked.  

Let 10 yr olds be 10 yr olds and have fun.  Don't let reality and the mainstream media make you forget what it is like to be a kid.

Last edited by Solar 07B on 11/4/2017, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 11/4/2017, 4:55 pm

Imagine this.

Your BB’s actions are recorded.

Your BB’s actions are posted.

Your BB’s actions go viral.

Probably a good time to talk about actions and potentisl consequences in today’s world.

By the way, please give your sister a kiss for me.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry14 11/4/2017, 5:03 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:Imagine this.

Your BB’s actions are recorded.

Your BB’s actions are posted.

Your BB’s actions go viral.  

Probably a good time to talk about actions and potentisl consequences in today’s world.

By the way,  please give your sister a kiss for me.

Old man....It will be ok.

Other teams have done the same celebration.

Take a pill....And the sister thing is making you seem really creepy.

Henry14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 11/4/2017, 5:16 pm

No one. I repeat, no one does this at 10 years old. Just backwards, dumb$hit, parents like yourself teaching this.

I wish you and your son the best. Good luck.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 11/4/2017, 6:02 pm

In baseball that would get the scorer a Nolan Ryan fastball to the head. A hard foul would take care of that.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 11/4/2017, 8:11 pm

So here is the issue was this in bad taste? Probably, but everything is in bad taste to someone. Maybe the post headline was in poor taste. No matter what someone always gets offended by something nowadays and no one likes to have fun unless there bb does something then someone else is offended. It happens every soccer game. Maybe we should let things go sometimes and let karma take care of it.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rgr07dad 11/4/2017, 8:28 pm

Solar 07B wrote:I watched some of that game.

Sorry you were offended. Most likely your @ss is chapped from your kids team getting dominated - rather than offended by a pre-rehearsed celebration.

Seems like their bonding tactics worked.  

Let 10 yr olds be 10 yr olds and have fun.  Don't let reality and the mainstream media make you forget what it is like to be a kid.

The fact that you used to be a coach is quite the indictment on NTX Soccer. The fact that you will NEVER coach my son is what allows me to sleep at night.

rgr07dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TikiTaka10 11/4/2017, 8:32 pm

rgr07dad wrote:I witnessed the most classless, distasteful display I ever seen at a youth soccer game today.  After getting an early goal to make it 1-0, the entire team (except the goalie) ran to the offensive corner flag and presumably the goal scorer mimicked a machine gun shooting all of his teammates as they fell over dead.  To the apparent delight of the parents on the sideline.  Absolute lack of class.  Shouldn't be allowed in any shape or fashion in our league.

Watch the video, and then point out which part of it was so mean and hurtful.

Couldn’t you tell that the KIDS were simply having fun, bonding and celebrating the fruits of their hard work?

Do you really think they intended to disrespect or embarrass anyone?

Would it have hurt you less if it was a different group celebration? Or is the final outcome what’s really generating the anger?

Celebrations are a great tool to build team chemistry and generate excitement for the kids. Rather than being upset, perhaps you should try encouraging your son to celebrate as well. Although you might not like it, you might just be okay with it after seeing how happy your son gets because of it. Doesn’t have to be “The Machine Gun” celebration, although it’s an extremely popular celebration in soccer. Whatever gets the boys going, for as long as it doesn’t actually hurt anyone.

Regardless of how you celebrate, you’ll quickly realize that someone will always be upset if the end result doesn’t favor them. My advice to you is quite simple; don’t take it personal, the kids are simply trying to have fun. Celebrating is one of the most exciting part of sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh1njfsPTKM&feature=youtu.be

TikiTaka10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rgr07dad 11/4/2017, 8:43 pm

bueler13 wrote:So here is the issue was this in bad taste? Probably, but everything is in bad taste to someone. Maybe the post headline was in poor taste. No matter what someone always gets offended by something nowadays and no one likes to have fun unless there bb does something then someone else is offended. It happens every soccer game. Maybe we should let things go sometimes and let karma take care of it.

To be clear...I don't agree with choreographed celebrations regardless of the content (at this age/level of play). I'm about the hardest person to offend you will ever meet. But for goodness sake act like you've been there before! Celebrations are great, but it can and should be done in a respectful way. Never once has my kid complained to me that after scoring a goal he felt unfulfilled in his euphoria because he was limited to high fives or bro hugs with his teammates!!!

rgr07dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rgr07dad 11/4/2017, 8:48 pm

TikiTaka10 wrote:

Couldn’t you tell that the KIDS were simply having fun, bonding and celebrating the fruits of their hard work?

Would it have hurt you less if it was a different group celebration? Or is the final outcome what’s really generating the anger?

Celebrations are a great tool to build team chemistry and generate excitement for the kids. Rather than being upset, perhaps you should try encouraging your son to celebrate as well. Although you might not like it, you might just be okay with it after seeing how happy your son gets because of it. Doesn’t have to be “The Machine Gun” celebration, although it’s an extremely popular celebration in soccer. Whatever gets the boys going, for as long as it doesn’t actually hurt anyone.

Regardless of how you celebrate, you’ll quickly realize that someone will always be upset if the end result doesn’t favor them. My advice to you is quite simple; don’t take it personal, the kids are simply trying to have fun. Celebrating is one of the most exciting part of sports.

If I was upset about the result...I would have complained about the reffing which blew 2 PK calls and a "hand of God" goal. Pretty sure the video will show that as well. Fact is Allegiance was the better team today and deserved to win.

This is a right/wrong issue. Either you get it or you don't. No sense trying to convince you. I would however argue that competing is the most exciting part of sports. If you're reliant on watching a celebration as a parent or participating in them as an athlete to have fun, I feel sorry for you.

rgr07dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TikiTaka10 11/4/2017, 9:03 pm

rgr07dad wrote:
TikiTaka10 wrote:

If I was upset about the result...I would have complained about the reffing which blew 2 PK calls and a "hand of God" goal.  Pretty sure the video will show that as well.  Fact is Allegiance was the better team today and deserved to win.

This is a right/wrong issue.  Either you get it or you don't.  No sense trying to convince you.  I would however argue that competing is the most exciting part of sports.  If you're reliant on watching a celebration as a parent or participating in them as an athlete to have fun, I feel sorry for you.

The referee missed several calls. There could have been 3 Pk's in favor of Allegiance. Have you ever met a perfect referee? Celebrating is ONE OF, not THE most exciting part of sports!!!!!

TikiTaka10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 11/4/2017, 9:50 pm

Rgr07dad states “To be clear...I don't agree with choreographed celebrations regardless of the content (at this age/level of play).” so really any choreographed celebration is wrong in your eyes so it doesn’t matter what they would of done it would of been wrong. Looking at the video it was a celebration and maybe he was using a nerf gun

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 11/5/2017, 5:34 pm

I witnessed the most classless, distasteful display I ever seen in an NFL game today.  After scoring the go ahead touchdown to make it 17-14 - against our beloved Cowboys, the Kansas City Chiefs (except the QB) ran to the offensive corner flag and presumably the goal scorer mimicked a feed sack race -  all of his teammates acted as if they fell over dead.  To the apparent delight of the fans on the sideline.  Absolute lack of class.  Shouldn't be allowed in any shape or fashion in this league.

I grew up on a ranch and know the atrocities that happen with feed sacks...

On a side note, I can sleep better at night knowing that the KC Chiefs are no longer affiliated with Dallas or have been called the Dallas Texans since 1962 - and those FEED SACK LOVERS will NEVER coach my son...

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 11/5/2017, 8:01 pm

Absolute ignorance.

Did someone feedsack 27 people in a Texas church today. The fact you compare, contrast professional NFL player behavior to that of 10 year olds in any regard pertaining to behavior is as insane as your post. The issues with that organization, the players, and even the commissioner are ...........fill in the blank.

Hopefully your post is just meant to get more people to comment.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 11/5/2017, 9:29 pm

Just saying it was bad taste. I would not be happy if my kid participated in this celebration. Then again, my kid would not be involved in any celebration. Score your goal and move on. But if that is what you encourage your kids to do, enjoy!!! These celebrations will come to an end as they get older. On a side note, nice goal!!!

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 11/5/2017, 11:11 pm

Yep they really do end as they get older. Or do they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_e_xgO7SJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Ahk8Vvlvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBKMn1tSMPs

Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 11/6/2017, 6:12 am

Although we will never all agree on celebrations, I think we can agree that the timing of these actions, the title of this post and conversation surrounding were not the best - given the church attacks yesterday.

These senseless attacks on innocent people are horrible whether carried out with a gun, a truck, an airplane - or a feed sack...

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 11/6/2017, 11:40 am

Henry14 wrote:

Sports is supposed to be fun...Give me a break. About time there is a real celebration after a goal.  I am tired of this wonder bread soccer we play in the US. Let the boys have fun..

Original poster is yet another example of the pussifcation of men in this country. There are real problems in the country but this is not one of them. Original poster classless because he is judging kids. Grow a pair man!!
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 11/6/2017, 12:33 pm

Oh Rachel,

Don’t you have a scheduled bout with Roo rabbit in a parking lot somewhere soon? Believe I saw you wanting to fight someone in another post.

This week’s argument predictions:

Regaleme - Fence Post 0-1

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next