Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Bobby Rhine Tournament - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Bobby Rhine Tournament

+20
davito
Bandit
earbucket
CLASS ON GRASS
Soccer_Dad_NTX
Sprint
JRam
Good1stTouch
Ant_Knee
Soccerlife89
ocfc
hanallalone
Futbol#VIDA
Mundosoccer
Number13
bigD17
SoccerFanatic27
Soccer27
booe817
Dragon Nation
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bobby Rhine Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Rhine Tournament

Post by ntxthebest 11/29/2017, 11:53 am

If referees were better do you believe that Striker would have lost to Castro?? Sawyer would have lost to FCD DA??

ntxthebest
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxthebest 11/29/2017, 11:59 am

Coming into this classic league season, Castro was expected to dominate as they were seen as a "higher quality team" due to them being DA the year before. Clearly this is not the case as they are third in the league and were most recently dominated by Striker this past weekend, if this was a DA showcase setting, with "higher quality" refs, would the season turn out differently? Would the more aggressive, athletic teams of the league (Striker, Sawyer) fall, and would the more technical teams (Ayses, Castro) rise to the top of the standings??

ntxthebest
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/29/2017, 12:22 pm

ntxthebest wrote:If referees were better do you believe that Striker would have lost to Castro?? Sawyer would have lost to FCD DA??

Coming into this classic league season, Castro was expected to dominate as they were seen as a "higher quality team" due to them being DA the year before. Clearly this is not the case as they are third in the league and were most recently dominated by Striker this past weekend, if this was a DA showcase setting, with "higher quality" refs, would the season turn out differently? Would the more aggressive, athletic teams of the league (Striker, Sawyer) fall, and would the more technical teams (Ayses, Castro) rise to the top of the standings??

I saw the whole Stricker/Castro game.  I don't think the referees affected that result.    From the half of FCD/Sawyer that I saw, a ref interested in handing out yellows for time wasting and shenanigans would have been very busy.

The team Castro marched out vs Stricker this weekend, and to a lesser extent has marched out this whole season, is a different team than the one he marched out in DA last year.  I doubt the refereeing is the biggest difference in their results vs some folks expectations.   Limited observations, but they do seem IMO to play better against teams that play closer to the perceived "DA" way.   FCDP, Ayses, etc.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 11/29/2017, 12:26 pm

Sprint wrote:
earbucket wrote:Martino on DA.

“One area I don’t like about it is that it’s a meritocracy based on results and not performance, Martino told SB Nation. “So you can fail out of the academy if you’re not winning enough.”

“You can’t disincentivize these coaches from developing players the right way,” Martino says. “Playing out of the back. Taking risks. Trying to be composed. Trying to possess the ball. Trying to get away from that sort of anachronistic do-anything-it-takes-to-win approach that made us a great country for a long time because we have great athletes that fight. But if we have aspirations to be more than that, we have to not lose that quality of our culture, and grow this idea of being risk takers.”

“We convince coaches that they must win, and that’s the way to develop players,” Martino continues. “And it’s not. You watch some of these games, and it’s the big guy up front, lumping it up to him, because if they don’t win, they’re out of the league, and if they’re out of the league they lose their players. I’m not saying it is duplicitous, or in any pejorative way. These coaches are just trying to survive and make sure they keep their academies going.”

Martino recommendations

It's surprising Martino doesn't know how the DA is run.  There is no relegation in the DA and there is NO risk for a DA team or club to be kicked out of DA if their teams are not winning.  Many of the DA teams are near the bottom of their leagues each season and no risk or being removed by US Soccer.  The only team I have ever heard of getting kicked out of DA was Andromeda and I believe that was more to do with money and funding and not wins and losses, but I am sure someone else knows more about that.  Martino's position doesn't make a lot of sense for DA.  An  Academy could lose every game for the next two years and be in no peril of losing DA status.  Not sure where his quotes are coming from.

His comments ring true for leagues like CL in North Texas. If you don't win, stay in D1, get talked about on this forum, then kids migrate away from your team.  Go from D1 to D3 because you lose games and your team may crumble and the coach is out of a paycheck.

Maybe Martino remembers the time when Andromeda, San Antonio Scorpions and a handful of other teams were kicked out of DA.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 11/29/2017, 12:31 pm

earbucket wrote:
Sprint wrote:

“One area I don’t like about it is that it’s a meritocracy based on results and not performance, Martino told SB Nation. “So you can fail out of the academy if you’re not winning enough.”

“You can’t disincentivize these coaches from developing players the right way,” Martino says. “Playing out of the back. Taking risks. Trying to be composed. Trying to possess the ball. Trying to get away from that sort of anachronistic do-anything-it-takes-to-win approach that made us a great country for a long time because we have great athletes that fight. But if we have aspirations to be more than that, we have to not lose that quality of our culture, and grow this idea of being risk takers.”

“We convince coaches that they must win, and that’s the way to develop players,” Martino continues. “And it’s not. You watch some of these games, and it’s the big guy up front, lumping it up to him, because if they don’t win, they’re out of the league, and if they’re out of the league they lose their players. I’m not saying it is duplicitous, or in any pejorative way. These coaches are just trying to survive and make sure they keep their academies going.”

Martino recommendations

It's surprising Martino doesn't know how the DA is run.  There is no relegation in the DA and there is NO risk for a DA team or club to be kicked out of DA if their teams are not winning.  Many of the DA teams are near the bottom of their leagues each season and no risk or being removed by US Soccer.  The only team I have ever heard of getting kicked out of DA was Andromeda and I believe that was more to do with money and funding and not wins and losses, but I am sure someone else knows more about that.  Martino's position doesn't make a lot of sense for DA.  An  Academy could lose every game for the next two years and be in no peril of losing DA status.  Not sure where his quotes are coming from.

His comments ring true for leagues like CL in North Texas. If you don't win, stay in D1, get talked about on this forum, then kids migrate away from your team.  Go from D1 to D3 because you lose games and your team may crumble and the coach is out of a paycheck.

Maybe Martino remembers the time when Andromeda, San Antonio Scorpions and a handful of other teams were kicked out of DA.

Maybe, but were those having anything to do with wins and losses or organizational issues? For that matter, there are lot of teams that would be on the chopping block every year if teams really kicked out of DA due to results. Don't see it happening.

There is plenty of incentive to play the right way in DA and largely it helps the style of play. they still want to win but its not the battle royale you see in other leagues.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 11/29/2017, 2:17 pm

Wow....this is a ton of really goofy arguing.....one team beat another......thats it.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/29/2017, 2:19 pm

Forthegame4 wrote:Wow....this is a ton of really goofy arguing.....  

New to the internet by chance?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 11/29/2017, 3:06 pm

Sprint wrote:
earbucket wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Martino recommendations

Maybe, but were those having anything to do with wins and losses or organizational issues?  For that matter, there are lot of teams that would be on the chopping block every year if teams really kicked out of DA due to results.  Don't see it happening.  

There is plenty of incentive to play the right way in DA and largely it helps the style of play.  they still want to win but its not the battle royale you see in other leagues.  

I agree there is a lot of incentive in DA to play the right way, but there is pressure on the struggling teams to improve in the win column. It may be simply to attract better talent to the teams or veiled remarks made by the DA.

I think Lonestars is a good example of making improvements to their DA team. For years they were a bottom dweller with mostly suburban kids. They then hired an accomplished technical director from Arizona. He hired the top classic club team coach from Georgetown who brought his talented players to the team and they made the playoffs last year in U18. There teams this year looks to be based on merit and represent the broader Austin/San Antonio demographics rather than just a narrow suburban patch. Both older age teams are in fifth place of a competitive frontier division.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 11/30/2017, 2:56 am

Clear this thread is dead, we have moved from talking about the BR tournament and the success of Sawyer and Stricker vs DA teams, to talking about Lonestar DA and goofy complaining of styles of play....same song second verse.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball 12/4/2017, 10:44 am

Classic League Division 1 Dallas is one of the most if not THE most competitive divisions in the country. Any one of these teams could rise up and beat one another on any given day. While these local tournaments have been fun - FCDP went to Vegas and WON that tourney. DTS went to Kansas showcase and was the best team there. SRPL is going to end with (3) in the top five out of ten teams (Stricker and FCDP one and two) - Sawyer or Castro not in it!

Regional Ranking has (3) teams in top 4 and (6) teams in top 13 all from the same premier league!

We should be proud of ALL the boys in this area!

Wait for the Spring - we will see some upsets if teams don't bring it week in and week out!

NTssball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3