Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us?

5 posters

Go down

Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us? Empty Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us?

Post by screenwriter74 3/26/2018, 10:10 am

We're traveling for a tournament out of state. Player's family can't go. He's spent time with us locally, but should we offer to take him with us? Any advice?

screenwriter74
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us? Empty Re: Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us?

Post by davito 3/26/2018, 4:59 pm

Personally I believe in pulling together and splitting costs when possible. A lot depends on how well you know the family, how much you and they are on a budget, etc. Taking an additional player is added responsibility and you will likely incur some small costs but the family will appreciate it. If you are worried about the costs yourself it probably in't a good idea. And you also need to be sure you won't get screwed on big expenses as that is not only costly but breeds bad feeling in the team. I have taken other players with me and it has been all good.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us? Empty Re: Player's family can't travel--should we take him with us?

Post by screenwriter74 3/26/2018, 5:52 pm

Not too worried about cost. Liability is the primary concern.

screenwriter74
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 3/27/2018, 9:42 am

This is a great question and one we dealt with as a family. Soccer "friends" are wonderful but know they are friends of the moment, based around soccer. Some can and will continue if there is more then soccer, if there is only soccer then know it will end when soccer ends. We did it and was fine, however you will end up paying most of the expenses as if you had two sons. If you go on an excursion or to the movies, you will pay, and as long as you are ok with it, it is fine. Looking back on it, no regrets, liability wise, if you have good insurance and know a competent attorney , in the event the unthinkable happens, then you should be fine. If liability is truly a concern then have mom sign a wavier but I would do it and not worry.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by screenwriter74 3/27/2018, 9:51 am

Thanks, soccer4fun!

screenwriter74
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 3/27/2018, 11:04 am

I didn't mean to focus so much on costs they just have potential to become an issue....

With regard to liability I think you need to be clear to the parents that you are doing them a favor. You will not be able to have your eye on their kid at all times. You will do your best to supervise and will treat them as you treat your own son and keep them informed of how things are going good or bad.

In my opinion it is pretty normal for players to travel with another family to out of town tournaments. Happens on many teams and is good for team bonding. As soccer4fun said these relationships are often fleeting due to the merry go round of competitive rosters.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by screenwriter74 3/27/2018, 11:23 am

Thanks, davito!

screenwriter74
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 3/27/2018, 10:28 pm

Soccer relationships are just like any other, it works when everyone's needs are being met. I say host the teammate and enjoy the experience.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/29/2018, 8:34 am

We have taken teammates with us and let our kids travel with teammates, even out of the country, on more than 1 occasion.
As far as expenses, what has worked very well is a prepaid card, like a Visa with $200, then the adult in charge just kept up with it & paid for the child's expenses using that. So much easier than keeping up with cash...and the parent at home can see what is being charged online and even add more if needed. As the kids got older, they kept up with their own card & used it for their food, entertainment, souvinours, etc.
There are some forms and paperwork we have used for out of the country and/or longer trips, covers liability and gives permission for medical treatment, but for a weekend relatively close by I wouldn't worry about that.

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by screenwriter74 3/29/2018, 8:37 am

Thanks everyone!

screenwriter74
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down