Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DA for next year- coaches and style Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DA for next year- coaches and style

+4
blues fan
DR07B
DblDown
07 boys soccer
8 posters

Go down

DA for next year- coaches and style Empty DA for next year- coaches and style

Post by 07 boys soccer 3/26/2018, 8:41 pm

So what is the opinions of everyone out there.

Texans: Marcio and Hassan, say what you want, they have the best coaching pedigree, very direct style and less creativity?

Solar: Older DA teams play possession, Wells is rumored as the coach and no one seems to have much info on him?

FC Dallas:Gall has the best talent and FC Dallas the best exposure, any ideas on how he and FC Dallas likes to play?

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

DA for next year- coaches and style Empty Re: DA for next year- coaches and style

Post by MurderWasTheCase 3/26/2018, 9:07 pm

Only worthwhile coach at fc dallas is Peter Lucin

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

DA for next year- coaches and style Empty Re: DA for next year- coaches and style

Post by DblDown 3/27/2018, 8:19 am

I don’t know what Texans plan is moving forward with the 07s and coaching, but your correct that Marcio and Hassan have the most Pedigree as far as winning.
I like how Stavrou has been working the team, I think they’ve come a long way. I think Going to Marcio or Hassan at this point is a change in style that’s been building over the past year.
(I’m leaving Salazar out of the conversation, but wouldn’t be surprised if they worked the system to keep him in place in DA as an apprentice or something...Indont think he has a B license.

Wells is a good coach. You can watch his older boys (2000) and get a good glimpse of his style. They are a possibility oriented team that plays very physical soccer but really attacks in the final third. But even if Wells does take the 07 boys, I think it will be a one and done year transitioning them to whoever will carry the age through the rest of DA.

It’s hard to judge Gall as he arguably has the best talent in he area and may be considered to have underperformed against top competition even though they absolutely dominate lesser teams like no one else in the 07s.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DR07B 3/27/2018, 8:55 am

MurderWasTheCase, what is your experience with the FCD program? Just curious as they are considered one of the Top 3 and you are adamnet they have one good coach?

DR07B
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 3/27/2018, 10:16 pm

Experience is observing the individual coaches and being able to distinguish who is developing and who was lucky enough to get top talent w/o much effort. Even a lower ranked coach can win with the talent Gall has. Lucin is the only one with an understanding of the game and a passion and ability to teach his athletes.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blues fan 3/28/2018, 1:10 pm

I agree with you 100% about Luccin, he is a very good coach, but to say he is the only coach at FCD is ridiculous.
blues fan
blues fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allentexan 3/28/2018, 1:21 pm

Is Luccin coaching his current U13s next year? Or will it be someone else who takes them over when they become U14

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 3/28/2018, 6:12 pm

Things tend to change without notice at FCD, but the current word is that Peter will have the 05s again next year. It’s an excellent group, and I’m sure they (and any additions) will only get better with another year under Peter.

allentexan wrote:Is Luccin coaching his current U13s next year? Or will it be someone else who takes them over when they become U14

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 3/28/2018, 9:25 pm

blues fan wrote:I agree with you 100% about Luccin, he is a very good coach, but to say he is the only coach at FCD is ridiculous.

Yea I agree that a club as big as FCD has only one qualified coach. Ridiculous!

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 3/29/2018, 2:37 pm

Funny how this thread brings up style of play....there is no style of play in North Texas except longball baby!!!!! You see how those FC Dallas teams are doing against teams from Europe, South America and Mexico? Getting their asses handed to them. lol
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 3/29/2018, 7:49 pm

Riquelme Rises wrote:Funny how this thread brings up style of play....there is no style of play in North Texas except longball baby!!!!! You see how those FC Dallas teams are doing against teams from Europe, South America and Mexico? Getting their asses handed to them. lol

Eye opener for those who think they know, but they don't know anything. Similar to those shouting on the sidelines to send it.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 3/31/2018, 9:09 pm

Lucin wins Dallas Cup with the 05's! Tell me again what other coaches at FCD are worthy of even walking behind this man.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 4/1/2018, 12:22 am

I'm not sure what Peter and the 05 DA winning says about the other FCD coaches, good or bad, but the 05's played a possession style, put together some very nice scoring combinations,  and dominated throughout the tournament.  In the quarterfinal against the Texans, FCD had the ball almost the entire game.  And in the final, they passed the bigger and stronger Rayados team into submission, leaving them to chase most of the game.

In addition to leading the DA league, the 05 DA also did very well against several good teams during a recent trip to Mexico.  

Kudos to Peter and the 05 DA boys.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 4/1/2018, 6:20 am

It says a lot, that team was with several other so called "coaches" and none we're able to accomplish what COACH Lucin has.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 4/1/2018, 9:06 am

MurderWasTheCase wrote:It says a lot, that team was with several other so called "coaches" and none we're able to accomplish what COACH Lucin has.  

Coach Luccin is an exceptionally good coach. I’m sure not every former pro would make that transition as well as he has.

To be fair, that group accomplished a lot before he had them too. They won D1 going away in their only classic season, and won State Cup and the Super Copa (multiple times). With the age cutoff change, they picked up even more talent, with some very
talented players coming from the 04/05s and a couple from other clubs. And then Peter and the other coaches helped them become what they are today.

No doubt he’s a great coach. Like every club, FCD has some good coaches and some not so good coaches. Some get by on talent acquisition,but that’s true of most clubs as well.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down