Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Coach or club, do you stay or go?  Looking at you Andromeda Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Coach or club, do you stay or go? Looking at you Andromeda

+34
R1
THE NEEDLE
Freeatlast
Yak Attack
off_the_woodwork
socmom3
Little Blue
scrdad
mothra
Pinknupe
SoccerNutz07
debit
SailorMoon
soccer4fun
M Patient
Speedy Gonzales
futbolnutt
go1
Marmaduke
DZaltron
my2cents
Aswan
bunited
The German
drsoccer
finish1
anselansel
soccerrus2
bootit
Axxman
TNT
jstply
clueless
go99
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coach or club, do you stay or go?  Looking at you Andromeda Empty Coach or club, do you stay or go? Looking at you Andromeda

Post by go99 3/7/2011, 11:50 am

With all of the problems or rumors of problems over at Andromeda, what would you do if you coach left? Would you stay with the club or leave with your coach? Does it matter if he goes to another club or stays independent?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Coach or club, do you stay or go?  Looking at you Andromeda Empty Re: Coach or club, do you stay or go? Looking at you Andromeda

Post by clueless 3/7/2011, 12:18 pm

What's going on at Andro?
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coach or club, do you stay or go?  Looking at you Andromeda Empty Re: Coach or club, do you stay or go? Looking at you Andromeda

Post by jstply 3/7/2011, 12:36 pm

It would be completely up to my boy...mines would want to leave with the coach. IMO, the decision should always be up to the kid. He is the one playing futbol, not the parents. Too often, we make decisions for our kids against their wishes.
I would prefer that the coach not go independent. It is hard for a good independent teams to keep players. Players are constantly being recruited by the large clubs.
According to some of the Andro parents, Andro has received the fundings. Not sure how true this is. I have heard this multiple times in the last few months....
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/7/2011, 1:51 pm

I heard that also but wouldn't be the first time. Give them some time, they will blow it.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 3/8/2011, 11:27 am

If the team goes with the coach and your son enjoys playing with the team and coach then I would go. If he is older I would not consider independent, but if younger, it may be okay. Based on what is being said loyality to Andro should cease, apparently they charged parents and failed to pay their coaches, etc. If true, their conduct is unacceptable and rather a shocker. With the points made, it says a lot that any coach would stay as long as he/she has while not being paid.
TNT
TNT
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 3/8/2011, 12:25 pm

go99 wrote:With all of the problems or rumors of problems over at Andromeda, what would you do if you coach left? Would you stay with the club or leave with your coach? Does it matter if he goes to another club or stays independent?

Your question is not as simple as it seems as there are a few factors that come into play. For starters, the monies have not come in to Andro yet, so that's a big if right now. If the coach leaves, lets assume the club keeps the spot. Then if you follow your coach, you would be starting over again, unless coach takes 75% with. For us as an example who have a roster of 15, that would mean taking 12. If that's the case and you want to follow the coach, the decision would be a lot simpler.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/8/2011, 12:39 pm

yes let's assume the coach is able to take the bye with him. and would it matter if he stayed independent or another club?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 3/8/2011, 4:11 pm

TNT wrote:If the team goes with the coach and your son enjoys playing with the team and coach then I would go. If he is older I would not consider independent, but if younger, it may be okay. Based on what is being said loyality to Andro should cease, apparently they charged parents and failed to pay their coaches, etc. If true, their conduct is unacceptable and rather a shocker. With the points made, it says a lot that any coach would stay as long as he/she has while not being paid.

I hear more than one coach is planning on bailing. These clubs make it much harder than it has to be but in the end for the coach its usually about the money and for the parents its about their kid and getting them developed. So if a coach is forced to leave because they aren't getting paid then that says enough about the club to cause me to say adios to the club and go with my coach or move on to plan B. It seems in the coming years these clubs will consolidate to much fewer than what we are currently seeing and some will not surprisingly fold. Sad state for N. Texas soccer if you ask me. Monopoly anyone?
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/9/2011, 7:30 am

bootit wrote:
TNT wrote:If the team goes with the coach and your son enjoys playing with the team and coach then I would go. If he is older I would not consider independent, but if younger, it may be okay. Based on what is being said loyality to Andro should cease, apparently they charged parents and failed to pay their coaches, etc. If true, their conduct is unacceptable and rather a shocker. With the points made, it says a lot that any coach would stay as long as he/she has while not being paid.

I hear more than one coach is planning on bailing. These clubs make it much harder than it has to be but in the end for the coach its usually about the money and for the parents its about their kid and getting them developed. So if a coach is forced to leave because they aren't getting paid then that says enough about the club to cause me to say adios to the club and go with my coach or move on to plan B. It seems in the coming years these clubs will consolidate to much fewer than what we are currently seeing and some will not surprisingly fold. Sad state for N. Texas soccer if you ask me. Monopoly anyone?

I've been with five clubs (between my two kids) - just following the coach. It's truly a no-brainer, the club doesn't matter (unless the location is of primary importance, or...that sticker on the car - it is for some).
As far as the money goes, I'll believe it when I see it - but, it will be very interesting how it affects, if it does at all, the coaching retention. Am also curious as to the organizational plans for the club if/when the money does come in - as that would affect everything from coaching, mergers, facilities...

The way of the current world, it looks like 10 years from now on the boys side, there will only be FCD, Texans, Liverpool, TFC - assuming all the Solar merger talk comes to fruition (probably more than a few suitors or shotgun fiancées). If the MLS minor league takes off - the Developmental Academy will have a much tougher time staying around as well. With $5 gallon fuel on the horizon, looking forward to my short stint as a soccer parent to be over soon.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/9/2011, 7:42 am

clueless wrote:- assuming all the Solar merger talk comes to fruition (probably more than a few suitors or shotgun fiancées).
Merger ? Talk ? What do you mean ? With who ?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/9/2011, 7:52 am

clueless wrote:
The way of the current world, it looks like 10 years from now on the boys side, there will only be FCD, Texans, Liverpool, TFC - assuming all the Solar merger talk comes to fruition (probably more than a few suitors or shotgun fiancées). If the MLS minor league takes off - the Developmental Academy will have a much tougher time staying around as well. With $5 gallon fuel on the horizon, looking forward to my short stint as a soccer parent to be over soon.

What indication have you seen in your crystal ball that two non USSFD academy clubs in Liverpool and TFC will be around in ten years?These clubs maybe around but they will always be sub par to the big three.

What talk about Solar? Any more than any other club?

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/9/2011, 8:30 am

Right now, based 0on the number of teams, Liverpool is the third largest club in The area. They could also put on an academy team like the others but should do it with more caution. Tell us more about this solar merger.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 3/9/2011, 8:31 am

What indication have you seen in your crystal ball that two non USSFD academy clubs in Liverpool and TFC will be around in ten years?These clubs maybe around but they will always be sub par to the big three.

Lol, subpar? Liverpool is growing by leaps and bounds
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/9/2011, 8:43 am

I like your forward thinking, Clue. An MLS minor league system as a replacement to the Developmental Academy is an interesting concept. At some point, the MLS must take command of youth player development in the US.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by drsoccer 3/9/2011, 8:51 am

I am a little surprised that parents whose kids are not in DA are still willing to pay so much for what is basically a rec league after U13. You would think that indi teams would spring up since it's just for fun.

drsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/9/2011, 9:53 am

anselansel wrote:What indication have you seen in your crystal ball that two non USSFD academy clubs in Liverpool and TFC will be around in ten years?These clubs maybe around but they will always be sub par to the big three.

Lol, subpar? Liverpool is growing by leaps and bounds

Numbers with little 7,8,9 and 10 years olds mean nothing. Liverpool has 2 D-2 teams in ALL divisions of the Classic league from U-12 to U19. Also, no Academy team. Sub par club. Get back to me when you grow a pair.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/9/2011, 10:09 am

finish1 wrote:I like your forward thinking, Clue. An MLS minor league system as a replacement to the Developmental Academy is an interesting concept. At some point, the MLS must take command of youth player development in the US.
MLS can help but the developmental part and responsibility has to come from the federation and pushed down to the regions and sub regions IMO.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 3/9/2011, 10:11 am

Maybe I missed something along the way, but several have mentioned in reference to Andro, "when the money comes in", what money, as I would assume most have paid for the year in full by now, but the coaches are still not being paid.
TNT
TNT
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 3/9/2011, 10:41 am

Numbers with little 7,8,9 and 10 years olds mean nothing. Liverpool has 2 D-2 teams in ALL divisions of the Classic league from U-12 to U19. Also, no Academy team. Sub par club. Get back to me when you grow a pair.

some people are so obtuse, you think all those players just disappear? as the mass of teams and players grow, they will fill those spots. think the texans sprang forth magically? my pair is doing just fine thank you, enjoy your bumper sticker......
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 3/9/2011, 10:58 am

anselansel wrote: enjoy your bumper sticker......

lol!
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 3/9/2011, 11:44 am

MLS teams are automatically given DA franchises. Their DA teams, presumably, are the first rung of their pro-club system. In general, however, the number of MLS teams is far too meager to create a complete developmental system for a country our size; the US does not have a pro team on every other corner, as in other parts of the world. Hence, it remains up to the NPO youth cluds to pony up the other developemental teams.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/9/2011, 12:08 pm

anselansel wrote:Numbers with little 7,8,9 and 10 years olds mean nothing. Liverpool has 2 D-2 teams in ALL divisions of the Classic league from U-12 to U19. Also, no Academy team. Sub par club. Get back to me when you grow a pair.

some people are so obtuse, you think all those players just disappear? as the mass of teams and players grow, they will fill those spots. think the texans sprang forth magically? my pair is doing just fine thank you, enjoy your bumper sticker......

SR2, obtuse? Can you believe someone with so much bias is also a referee?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/9/2011, 2:35 pm

anselansel wrote:Numbers with little 7,8,9 and 10 years olds mean nothing. Liverpool has 2 D-2 teams in ALL divisions of the Classic league from U-12 to U19. Also, no Academy team. Sub par club. Get back to me when you grow a pair.

Liverpool has NO teams in CL in the 96 age group

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/9/2011, 3:15 pm

anselansel wrote:

Don't compare Liverpool to the Texans who started in the Coca Cola Classic league with 5 teams and the '82 teams wins the championship within one year. Liverpool has been around for 5 years and how many teams do you have in the league?

Liverpool=Everton...rock me.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 3/9/2011, 3:19 pm

time will tell, time will tell
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next