Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16

+10
Pompey Lad
Armadillo
centermiddad
Kaivermor
THE THREAD
eredivisie
camjr
swindler
Libbydee
Cranky
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16 Empty D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16

Post by Guest 8/16/2009, 8:18 pm

It looks like half of the D1 teams played in tournaments this weekend. Based on the results, it could be an interesting year. Here are the two events that I could find:
http://www.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=7083&Sex=Boys&Age=14
http://www.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=4737&Sex=Boys&Age=14
Thoughts???

Back to top Go down

D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16 Empty Re: D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16

Post by Cranky 8/16/2009, 10:10 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:It looks like half of the D1 teams played in tournaments this weekend. Based on the results, it could be an interesting year. Here are the two events that I could find:
http://www.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=7083&Sex=Boys&Age=14
http://www.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=4737&Sex=Boys&Age=14
Thoughts???

Texas Summer Classic Final
FC Dallas 96 Boys 4
Solar 1

Cranky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16 Empty Re: D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16

Post by Guest 8/16/2009, 11:38 pm

Thanks Cranky. I thought there was another tournament out there, but couldn't find it. So now we know how 8 out of the 10 D1 teams kicked off.

Lot's of craziness this weekend. In the Ayses tournament, FCD beats Solar after FCD had to beat DTRS in PKs. Tejanos wins the Dr. Pepper over Andro Red after they lost to the Andro D2 team (which looks to have had a great outing) in bracket play. Finally, DTRW breezed through the Texans Austin tournament and beat DTW in the final.

Hmmm, after all that, anyone want to take a stab at predicting D1 for this year? It looks like there is more parity than everyone thought, especially given the strong showing from the newly promoted teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cranky 8/17/2009, 7:14 am

soccerdad96b wrote:Thanks Cranky. I thought there was another tournament out there, but couldn't find it. So now we know how 8 out of the 10 D1 teams kicked off.

Lot's of craziness this weekend. In the Ayses tournament, FCD beats Solar after FCD had to beat DTRS in PKs. Tejanos wins the Dr. Pepper over Andro Red after they lost to the Andro D2 team (which looks to have had a great outing) in bracket play. Finally, DTRW breezed through the Texans Austin tournament and beat DTW in the final.

Hmmm, after all that, anyone want to take a stab at predicting D1 for this year? It looks like there is more parity than everyone thought, especially given the strong showing from the newly promoted teams.

Same top 5 with DTR ,still on top. A dog fight between FCD and Solar for 2 and 3.
P.S. Do not take DTRS south lightly.

Cranky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbydee 8/17/2009, 9:48 am

D-1 action I saw this weekend.....

Andromeda Red 96 played up in the 95's at DP. Lost 2-0 to FCD 95 (7th in 95 D-1 last season) and lost the Semi-final 4-0 to Solar Red 95 (2nd in 95 D-1 last season). This game was 0-0 at half but Red wilted at the end of the second half.....40 minute halves definitely took it's toll on them.

Tejano's won the 96 Gold Division beating Andomeda 96B (recently demoted to DII) 3-0 in the final after losing to them in Bracket play 2-0. The final was well played and a close match despite the score but bottom line is after the thier first bracket game, Tejanos improved steadily through the tournament and scored 14 and allowed 1 over the final four game they played and looked daymmmmm good by the end of the weekend. (Andro 96 did have a good tournament playing very well against their former DI mates Tejanos but not so crisp in their other games)

Solar Red beat Andromeda Red 97 (DI playing up in the 96 bracket) 2-1, beat Ayses Black 2-0 and Stampede 5-0 and then lost the grudge match with their hated rival's the Tejano's (who won the 96 group) in the Semi-Final 1-0. Saw very little of that Semi but what I did see was Tejano's looked better...as the score would indicate.

Yes......DI is shaping up to be quite the goat rope amongst ALL it's members.....not just the top five.....or presumed top five.

Cheers
Libbydee
Libbydee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 8/17/2009, 11:20 am

Libbydee wrote:Solar Red...beat Ayses Black 2-0...
FYI- That was "Aces" Black, the D3 team - not Ayses.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbydee 8/17/2009, 11:56 am

swindler wrote:

My bad. I knew it was the DIII team just sometimes my fingers don't type what my brain is thinking......must be the Grey Goose Bloody marys I had for breakfast this morning. drunken
Libbydee
Libbydee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by camjr 8/17/2009, 12:26 pm

Libbydee wrote:
swindler wrote:

My bad. I knew it was the DIII team just sometimes my fingers don't type what my brain is thinking......must be the Grey Goose Bloody marys I had for breakfast this morning. drunken

You're excused. Could be heat stroke after 3 games on Saturday...
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/17/2009, 1:35 pm

Libbydee wrote:D-1 action I saw this weekend.....

Andromeda Red 96 played up in the 95's at DP. Lost 2-0 to FCD 95 (7th in 95 D-1 last season) and lost the Semi-final 4-0 to Solar Red 95 (2nd in 95 D-1 last season). This game was 0-0 at half but Red wilted at the end of the second half.....40 minute halves definitely took it's toll on them.

Cheers
I saw this game as well. Andro Red played valiantly against a much larger, more athletic team. There defense was under constant pressure and really played well. It was unfortunate once the first goal went in about halfway into the second half, they seemed to lose some energy and the goals came quickly.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE THREAD 8/18/2009, 2:19 am

nary a mention of the ayses texas summer classic. this confuses THE THREAD.

the final results - fcdallas over solar 4-1. THE THREAD is intrigued.

THE THREAD wishes for the witnesses of this event to post.
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 8/18/2009, 8:17 am

I didn't see any of these games, but found their results intriguing:
Solar beats DTRS 5-0
Then, DTRS takes FCD to penalties, but does lose 4-3.
So, without further insight, I am expecting Solar to take FCD.
Not so. On the contrary, FCD wins convincingly.
Expanations? Anyone? Bueller?
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbydee 8/18/2009, 8:50 am

THE THREAD wrote:nary a mention of the ayses texas summer classic. this confuses THE THREAD.

the final results - fcdallas over solar 4-1. THE THREAD is intrigued.

THE THREAD wishes for the witnesses of this event to post.

+1 on what THE THREAD said......

Quoting Dr. Evil....
"Right, people you have to tell me these things, okay? I've been frozen for thirty years, okay? Throw me a frickin' bone here! I'm the boss! Need the info."
Libbydee
Libbydee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 8/18/2009, 9:24 pm

Kaivermor wrote:I didn't see any of these games, but found their results intriguing:
Solar beats DTRS 5-0
Then, DTRS takes FCD to penalties, but does lose 4-3.
So, without further insight, I am expecting Solar to take FCD.
Not so. On the contrary, FCD wins convincingly.
Expanations? Anyone? Bueller?
Not sure I have an answer, but I do have something to add. The Tornados-FCD game early Sunday had a 0-0 score at half. The FCD depth gave them a 3-0 win at final. Maybe they needed more time to recover? Maybe they are that inconsistent?
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 8/19/2009, 1:12 pm

There was quite a bit of player movement this year in D1 and that may be showing in the first few games as coaches figure out where to play the players and the returning players gel with the new players. That could lead to inconsistency for sure right now. The Tejanos have 8 new players including the keeper and WM moved several around during the tournament looking for the best fit.
Without seeing the new Txns Red, I don't see how you can pick them to wear the crown again this year. If all the D1 teams play in the Labor Day Tournament we will get a feel of things to come this season.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pompey Lad 8/19/2009, 2:58 pm

Armadillo wrote:Without seeing the new Txns Red, I don't see how you can pick them to wear the crown again this year. If all the D1 teams play in the Labor Day Tournament we will get a feel of things to come this season.

You won't catch the top 4 teams playing locally for Labor Day as they will be representing the Classic League and NTX down in Houston. They'll be in OKC the week before (8-29 & 8-30).

http://www.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=6982&Sex=Boys&Age=14
Pompey Lad
Pompey Lad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 8/19/2009, 6:04 pm

That's good news.... Laughing
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE THREAD 8/20/2009, 4:56 am

Pompey Lad wrote:
Armadillo wrote:Without seeing the new Txns Red, I don't see how you can pick them to wear the crown again this year. If all the D1 teams play in the Labor Day Tournament we will get a feel of things to come this season.

You won't catch the top 4 teams playing locally for Labor Day as they will be representing the Classic League and NTX down in Houston. They'll be in OKC the week before (8-29 & 8-30).

THE THREAD is anguished to see how the top four line up.

there has been little news concerning texans red. thus THE THREAD is most interested to see how they fair in okc.
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 8/20/2009, 12:14 pm

THE THREAD wrote:
Pompey Lad wrote:

there has been little news concerning texans red. thus THE THREAD is most interested to see how they fair in okc.
Hi THREAD! How you been? You look a bit blue today.
DTR still da favorite, but they lose some games this year.
They lost a few of their difference makers, but they still have plenty. Solar, FCD and Andro will challenge them.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE THREAD 8/20/2009, 12:46 pm

THE NEEDLE wrote:
THE THREAD wrote:
Pompey Lad wrote:

Hi THREAD! How you been? You look a bit blue today.
DTR still da favorite, but they lose some games this year.
They lost a few of their difference makers, but they still have plenty. Solar, FCD and Andro will challenge them.

aaaaaaah... this information feeds THE THREAD. pleases THE THREAD. but the THREAD hungers for more.

THE THREAD expects nothing less than texans red to field a team of talented boys, nay, talented young men.

postscript - THE THREAD is compelled to mention that THE THREAD is not blue.

THE THREAD is azure.
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 8/20/2009, 2:51 pm

THE THREAD wrote:
aaaaaaah... this information feeds THE THREAD. pleases THE THREAD. but the THREAD hungers for more.

THE THREAD expects nothing less than texans red to field a team of talented boys, nay, talented young men.

postscript - THE THREAD is compelled to mention that THE THREAD is not blue.

THE THREAD is azure.
Well "THE THREAD" azure it is. "Steer" clear of the "big blue ball" in your avatar.

Let me get right to the point. I have done some pokin around and it looks like all the teams have a few holes to fill. Here are my prediction for how well the teams will stitch things together this year:

1. DTR - They still have several difference makers, but they may need to play more of the traditional Texan kick and run game this year. Not as much pinpoint passing, but they should have enough to sew it up. Predict they finish 1st or 2nd.

2. Solar - Well on paper they probably had best recruiting class. I expect the loss to FCD this weekend has Kevin on pins and needles. They will challenge DTR.

3. FCD - New coach that has gotten good results since he took over. They have always moved the ball well but been inconsistent at times. A bunch of new players. They could challenge DTR, but they'll have to pass through the eye of a needle with the sun in their eyes to do so.

4. Andromeda Red - They got an injection of testosterone. That should help separate them from the rest of the pack. They may even challenge Solar and FCD. I don't think they have the depth to challenge for 1st place.

the next level is a free-for-all and will be very competitive

5. DT Red West - The compass needle is pointing west. A few young men went west. Good coach with additional talent added lets them rise up very high from D2. Don't see anyone bursting their bubble.

6. DT Red South - Ditto. Good coach with additional talent added has these guys pointed in the right direction. A good chance they can stick it to west for the 5 spot.

7. Solar Red - They will have less turmoil this year and fewer......umm whats the right word for this family friendly forum? I'll go with thorns.

8. Tejanos - Lost some serious talent and unoffical asst. coach. Laughing . However, Willie will get under their skin and squeeze enough out of them to stay in D1.

Relegation picks.

9. Titans - Lost keeper and a couple others. Their D1 bye was hanging by a thread with the move to Titans from FC Dallas.. This year the thread breaks.

10 DTW - Lost a bunch on a team that lacked depth to begin with. They will need to find a needle in a haystack to stay up.

Well there you have it. Howsa 'bout an exchange with the needle?
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Haystack 8/20/2009, 9:46 pm

Well, I see the thread found the needle...
Haystack differs with the needle-
1. FCD - Look for the inconsistencies to vanish as the season gets going. Recruited some good kids.
2. Solar - Still able to attract talent, with the addition of a few good players will stay top 3.
3. Txns Red - Lost the big difference makers and with 15 on the roster and 2 keepers, they want have the depth for the big games.
4 Andromeda Red - Tough call here, I could easily see them pull in third, but I will wait for a few Premeir games to see.
5. Tejanos - I here the consensus is the remaining team is happy the so called assistant coach is gone. The new team will play "team ball" instead of 1 or 2 play makers trying to force it.
6. Solar Red - Lost several long term key players and with smaller kids up front may struggle to score.
7. Txns South - Can't underestimate this team, if you don't show up ready to play...
8. Txns Red West - Strong D2 team, but 8th is where they stay.
9. Txns White - Long season for white.
10. Titans - Where are they? Long season here too.
But really, predicting this season is like looking for a needle in a .........
Haystack
Haystack
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 8/20/2009, 10:36 pm

Haystack,
Sniffle, sniffle. All the sudden me eyes are watering and me nose is running. Dadgum hayfever kicked in.
Your avatar reminds me of a girl I dated in college.....blond and stacked. I was not allergic to her...although, nevermind.
I can't argue too much with your rankings as I think it is going to be a very interesting year.
By the way, I was walking down a yellow brick road tonight and there was a scarecrow looking for some spare straw and a brain. No Tinman anywhere in sight.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 8/20/2009, 10:38 pm

What the heck is going on here? Thread, Needle and a Haystack. What are you guys smokin?
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer geek 8/21/2009, 9:03 am

Armadillo wrote:What the heck is going on here? Thread, Needle and a Haystack. What are you guys smokin?

Don't smoke around Haystack - it might burn him up. What a Face
soccer geek
soccer geek
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbydee 8/21/2009, 9:03 am

Oh man this is some good S...! Funny, clever, very insightful and accurate U14B soccer comments.....Libbydee likee! Giving me lots of material.

Haystack...hummmm...Hay....having grown up in rural East Tejas well...."Rolls in the Hay" were common during Libbydee's teenage years....

D1 Tourney Results for weekend of Aug 15-16 Rollinthehay

However Dillo's comment of "What are you guys smokin?" brings back bad memories of Libbydee's daddy asking this same question after catching Libbydee and Elly May Clampett relaxing after one such roll in the hay.

Sorry....keep the soccer talk coming....
Libbydee
Libbydee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next