Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost

+6
Soccerinsanity
Ibra
Bagman00
yellow-card
DragonStryker
Durty-Tackle
10 posters

Go down

Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost Empty Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost

Post by Durty-Tackle 6/29/2011, 12:02 pm

If you kid play for a team that plays Plano is that usually cheaper than dishing out 2K+ for team that plays in Classic?

Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost Empty Re: Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost

Post by DragonStryker 6/29/2011, 12:15 pm

I'm not sure the price difference is Plano vs Classic vs Arlington so much as individual team comparisons and big team vs small team.

Depends on the team, not where they play in my experience.

Last edited by DragonStryker on 6/29/2011, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost Empty Re: Plano League cost vs Classic League Cost

Post by yellow-card 6/29/2011, 12:21 pm

I cannot speak for all clubs, but I have yet to come across a club that charges less for playing in Plano vs. Classic. Typically if Club "A" has teams in both leagues, the dues are the same regardless.
yellow-card
yellow-card
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagman00 6/29/2011, 1:38 pm

I did a little research in the cost of playing in each league. This is league play only, not team registration for North Texas.

This is for U13-U14 age groups for both the Fall and Spring seasons. The number of games an ref fees do very some but these are pretty good averages.

Plano $2400
Arlington $2500
Classic $2800

Last edited by Bagman00 on 6/29/2011, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bagman00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durty-Tackle 6/29/2011, 1:49 pm

Thanks guys!
Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 6/29/2011, 10:20 pm

Bagman00 wrote:I did a little research in the cost of playing in each league. This is league play only, not team registration for North Texas.

This is for U13-U14 age groups for both the Fall and Spring seasons. The number of games an ref fees do very some but these are pretty good averages.

Plano $2400
Arlington $2500
Classic $2800
$400/16= How much per year?, but are the BIG club fees for teams in APL or PPL less than those teams that are in Classic? Do the club fees for teams in APL or PPL fund scholarships in Classic/DI while the non CL teams "develop?".
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/29/2011, 10:26 pm

My understanding is that most clubs charge the same for teams regardless of what league they play in, although some teams may add tournament fees directly to costs and others collect it separately.

The scholarship question is a really great question...good luck getting honest answers from clubs about it.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 6/29/2011, 10:32 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:My understanding is that most clubs charge the same for teams regardless of what league they play in, although some teams may add tournament fees directly to costs and others collect it separately.

The scholarship question is a really great question...good luck getting honest answers from clubs about it.
Honesty from BIG clubs? Really?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/29/2011, 10:34 pm

The big clubs all have the same base fees (coaching fees, club fees) as far as I know. I would guess there may be some minor variation in the total due based on the difference between CL fees vs PL fees (if there are any).

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that each team on FCD is given one scholarship that's covered by the club. Other scholarshipped players, of course, are covered by sponsorships or by the other parents. I'd guess that all of the big 4 have a similar policy.

Last edited by OnTheSurface on 6/29/2011, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/29/2011, 10:34 pm

Oops, double post.

Last edited by OnTheSurface on 6/29/2011, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/29/2011, 10:35 pm

Triple post, sorry for the clutter! affraid
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 6/29/2011, 10:39 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:The big clubs all have the same base fees (coaching fees, club fees) as far as I know. I would guess there may be some minor variation in the total due based on the difference between CL fees vs PL fees (if there are any).

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that each team on FCD is given one scholarship that's covered by the club. Other scholarship players, of course, are covered by sponsorships or by the other parents. I'd guess that ass many of the big 4 have a similar policy.
Considering many of these clubs carry non-for profit/501 c(3)status, open books should be the norm to see what each team is comprised of...Just Sayin...
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by P1er 6/29/2011, 10:59 pm

Is there a specific link or website where you can see these 'open' books? Would love to see those.

P1er
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 6/30/2011, 7:17 am

This will be my BB's first year in Classc league and our dues have never differed from those who were already in Classic league, although the cost difference between PPL and Classic is quite significant. I went toe to toe with the DOC of our former club over this with a spreadsheet showing him the difference between the cost of the 2 and got absolutely no where with it except mad. Thanks to a merger and moving 100% of the team to a new club, we've been part of 4 clubs total since U11 (on the same team going into 4th year now) and all 4 clubs have been set up that way...everyone pays the same amount. Up until this year, our club charged U16-U19 teams higher fees to cover the additional $1000 they receive back for tournament fees, but this year they just raised everyone's fees to the same amount across the board.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 6/30/2011, 7:26 am

soccermom97b wrote:This will be my BB's first year in Classc league and our dues have never differed from those who were already in Classic league, although the cost difference between PPL and Classic is quite significant. I went toe to toe with the DOC of our former club over this with a spreadsheet showing him the difference between the cost of the 2 and got absolutely no where with it except mad. Thanks to a merger and moving 100% of the team to a new club, we've been part of 4 clubs total since U11 (on the same team going into 4th year now) and all 4 clubs have been set up that way...everyone pays the same amount. Up until this year, our club charged U16-U19 teams higher fees to cover the additional $1000 they receive back for tournament fees, but this year they just raised everyone's fees to the same amount across the board.

It may happen somewhere, but I have never heard of any of the big clubs basing club dues on which league the team is playing. I know of one coach who has a couple of teams in classic league and a couple in Plano. I guess having the Plano teams may be a good thing for some coaches as they probably make more money from those teams since league fees are significantly less

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 6/30/2011, 9:53 am

P1er wrote:Is there a specific link or website where you can see these 'open' books? Would love to see those.

Books are not on line, but you can check to see who has 501 c(3) status.

http://www2.guidestar.org/
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/30/2011, 9:58 am

Ibra wrote:Considering many of these clubs carry non-for profit/501 c(3)status, open books should be the norm to see what each team is comprised of...Just Sayin...
Most clubs are non profit, and you can see their paperwork and filings at the level of the club. Someone posted a link on this board in the not-too-distant past, or you should be able to google it easily. The only one I looked at closely was the Texans, and the paperwork enumerates in great detail all of the monies received and paid. It’s an interesting read. The lion’s share of the dues (7 figures) is paid to a separate (and presumably for-profit) entity for “coaching services”. Of course, there is no insight available into that entity.

There is a space on the Team Fact Sheet for the number of scholarshipped players. Of the 5 fact sheets I’ve seen to date, 1 of them had an actual number filled in. The rest had blank or “TBD”.

Clubs and Teams don’t like to talk about this, because it generates drama. Why does Billy get to play for free when his parents are driving a Mercedes? Why does Jack play for free while I am busting my buns doing fundraisers? And of course, in most cases, the parents pay for the scholarshipped players in the form of higher dues.

As with most things in North Texas Soccer, the expectation is that you will do as you are told without question.

OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down