Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96's playing football Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96's playing football

+7
swindler
tatertot31
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Pompey Lad
cornerkick96
DirtyDave10
soccerdad1
11 posters

Go down

96's playing football Empty 96's playing football

Post by soccerdad1 9/14/2009, 11:06 pm

Do alot of the 96 teams have players also playing football for their 8th (or 9th) grade team? Our team has 4 that play school football on Tuesday nights.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96's playing football Empty Re: 96's playing football

Post by DirtyDave10 9/15/2009, 11:18 am

Our team has ten of the eighteen playing School football. 96's playing football Icon_eek
DirtyDave10
DirtyDave10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 9/15/2009, 12:30 pm

Seven of Sixteen on our team 96's playing football Icon_question
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pompey Lad 9/15/2009, 1:20 pm

9 out of 18. We've had to move practice from Tue/Thur to Mon/Wed because of the conflicts. 96's playing football Affraid
Pompey Lad
Pompey Lad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/15/2009, 5:05 pm

only 2 this year. the coach stated last year that you miss a practice you miss the first half of a game. We had to go out with eight against a team in a tourny. I say you play for a club then that is your FIRST responsibility.
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertot31 9/17/2009, 1:09 pm

11 of 18 are playing school football this year. I have a U16 that plays as well and this is the year that his team went from 18 players to 14.

tatertot31
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 9/17/2009, 9:25 pm

Easily over half the team. Probably over 75%, but not sure about a few.

I think some of them actually benefit from time in middle school football. They get used to physical play - working through contact with the ball, balance, etc.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 9/17/2009, 9:34 pm

Every_NonAmericans_Dream wrote:only 2 this year. the coach stated last year that you miss a practice you miss the first half of a game. We had to go out with eight against a team in a tourny. I say you play for a club then that is your FIRST responsibility.
Easier said than done as football is a class and you'd better focus on the class rather than soccer, IMO. I witnessed a team last year with about 5-6 nonfootball players - their coach was not happy trying to have practices with a handful of players.
For some, this is the only chance they have to try football. I know if Plano, it's pretty much expected that you do football if you sign up for athletics. The chance of injury is much greater, IMO, in football than soccer - of course, there is probably some statistician who could prove me wrong there.
If you have a team of 16 and 11 play football - you can't punish them for missing practice as you can't start a game with that few players and you have a serious risky situation with respect to potential injuries.
Clubs need to push middle schools and high schools to have fall soccer programs so they can't play football!
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 9/18/2009, 7:52 am

clueless wrote:
Clubs need to push middle schools and high schools to have fall soccer programs so they can't play football!
Yeah and watch the level of play drop without these players

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 9/18/2009, 8:03 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
clueless wrote:
Full Disclosure: My son is currently playing both, on his team the soccer players have better footwork and defensive instincts for playing cornerback/safety as well as kicking - but, they are waaay undersized. This will likely be my son's first/last football endeavor and I really don't know if he'd choose school soccer over football at this age.
Honestly, I find it laughable that kids have to dedicate themselves to the club and even think about forgoing a school sport - but, the fact that there is a contract in place should hold some weight. As far as I'm concerned, the weight of the contract is less than that of a grade - but I probably have my priorities out of whack given this audience. If more than a few are playing football on your team - that should tell you volumes from a common sense situation.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/18/2009, 9:09 am

clueless wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
clueless wrote:
Full Disclosure: My son is currently playing both, on his team the soccer players have better footwork and defensive instincts for playing cornerback/safety as well as kicking - but, they are waaay undersized. This will likely be my son's first/last football endeavor and I really don't know if he'd choose school soccer over football at this age.
Honestly, I find it laughable that kids have to dedicate themselves to the club and even think about forgoing a school sport - but, the fact that there is a contract in place should hold some weight. As far as I'm concerned, the weight of the contract is less than that of a grade - but I probably have my priorities out of whack given this audience. If more than a few are playing football on your team - that should tell you volumes from a common sense situation.
I think maybe all of our priorities are out of wack if we are giving kids a grade for football.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pompey Lad 9/18/2009, 10:34 am

go99 wrote:
clueless wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
clueless wrote:
I think maybe all of our priorities are out of wack if we are giving kids a grade for football.

They give a grade for high school soccer so of course in Texas you'd get a grade for football...I know my son is pushing his younger brothers to play at least in 7th grade otherwise you're stuck in a lame "athletics" called course that has nothing to do with atheletes...he said it was the worst school experience yet.

Soccer in school is a winter sport (dead of winter...outdoors...see the priority) and there are districts that already play middle school soccer which wouldn't dare interfere with US football. The clubs have absolutely no power to move UIL events and in the end...Texas football will continue to be king.
Pompey Lad
Pompey Lad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tnantx 9/18/2009, 1:06 pm

go99 wrote:
clueless wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
clueless wrote:
Full disclosure: My bb is in football. As far as grading, you will think it is really out of whack when your bb wants to take a few extra "fluff" academic classes to prepare him for college (like Latin or AP anything) and can't squeeze it into his high school schedule because he has to get those all important PE credits. Why can't the fit kids and active kids test out of PE if they don't plan to play a high school sport? LISD does not count soccer for external PE. Dance, yes. Equestrian yes. Soccer, no. And please, before you tell me Latin is a dead language, my bb wants to be a Dr. so it could be helpful. But maybe not as helpful as PE. 96's playing football Icon_rolleyes

tnantx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down