Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results

+4
soccercap
Crochet
soccermom040
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
8 posters

Go down

96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results Empty 96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/15/2009, 5:13 pm

TFC: 1 FCD Red: 2
DFW Tornadoes: 1 Solar:3
TX Stampede: 2 CDI:2
FCD White: 0 Liverpool:2
Inter-Milan: 4 Gennises:1
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results Empty Re: 96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results

Post by soccermom040 9/16/2009, 12:11 am

TFC 0 - FCDR 2
TFC is in for a long yr

DFW Tor 2 - Solar 3
Can Tor can keep up with the top teams? A couple of lucky bounces at the right time, and you can win games when you're being out played.

TXS 1 - CDI 0
Rematch from the CL qualifier; has either team gotten better? Both teams will stack the back and wait for a mistake.

FCDW 1 - Liverpool 2
Unless FCDW made some roster transfers, they too will have a long season.

Inter 2 - GenE 1
DESA boys have skill; can they keep up with the strength/speed of other teams all yr long?

Now that there will be no lay up games this yr, I think most teams will play it safe for the first couple of games.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results Empty Re: 96 PPL1 Week 2 (technichally week one) Predictions / Results

Post by Crochet 9/16/2009, 7:43 am

soccermom040 wrote:

DFW Tor 2 - Solar 3
Can Tor can keep up with the top teams? A couple of lucky bounces at the right time, and you can win games when you're being out played.
I ponder this thought on a gloomy Wednesday . . .
Should a team in Plano league ever be called a "top team"?
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercap 9/16/2009, 9:31 am

Tfc and FC Red is an interesting one as they are both teams with skill and ability however it will be the battle of who rattles who first. Both sides are able to be thrown of their game and I would give the edge to FC red to wear down tfc easier. Also tfc coach is a part of the instability where FC coach seems better able to motivate the boys. I will go with FC 2 / tfc 1
Next one is easy dfw T is done. They built a one man army and he is gone, Solar will dominate this contest and win easily 3 or 4 to nothing.
Stampede is wrapping up and following the independent pattern of a few good years and then the tread starts to wear off the tires. They will slip and it begins with cdi. Cdi 2 , stampede 0
As I said in a prior post I think Liverpool is for real and will be a very strong team this year. They have added a new player however more then that they have not lost any. Chemistry and consistency count and I think this team will show it. Liverpool by 2 or 3 over FC white.
Who is Inter-Milan and where did they come from ??? I know nothing about them so I will go with the group and give them the win by 2 over genisis with 0
It will be a fun season and I think Plano will be fun to watch.
soccercap
soccercap
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tnantx 9/16/2009, 3:43 pm

The real question here is do we all think we will see any 96 games this Thursday or Saturday? My bet is cancellation Thursday with a 50/50 chance on Saturday.

tnantx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/16/2009, 4:49 pm

Raining now.... Raining all day tomorrow.... I know we need water for the plants but i think the plants are a little sick of water. Im sorry to say we might not see a plano game til next week.
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/17/2009, 8:54 am

Crochet, why cant they be called top teams? Have you seen all these teams play? Did you know Solar took down D2 TFC? Or in the last second in cowtown the D2 Texas Lightning was SCRAMBLING to get a shot of while Solar haad ten men? Just because a team is in plano doesnt mean anything anymore. Plano teams have beaten D3, D2, and some D1 teams.
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tnantx 9/17/2009, 11:19 am

Thursday's matches are awash with the rain. With more rain in the forecast my bet is my kids will be climbing the walls again this weekend. Any good movies out?

tnantx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 9/18/2009, 11:52 pm

soccercap wrote:Tfc and FC Red is an interesting one as they are both teams with skill and ability however it will be the battle of who rattles who first. Both sides are able to be thrown of their game and I would give the edge to FC red to wear down tfc easier. Also tfc coach is a part of the instability where FC coach seems better able to motivate the boys. I will go with FC 2 / tfc 1
Next one is easy dfw T is done. They built a one man army and he is gone, Solar will dominate this contest and win easily 3 or 4 to nothing.
Stampede is wrapping up and following the independent pattern of a few good years and then the tread starts to wear off the tires. They will slip and it begins with cdi. Cdi 2 , stampede 0
As I said in a prior post I think Liverpool is for real and will be a very strong team this year. They have added a new player however more then that they have not lost any. Chemistry and consistency count and I think this team will show it. Liverpool by 2 or 3 over FC white.
Who is Inter-Milan and where did they come from ??? I know nothing about them so I will go with the group and give them the win by 2 over genisis with 0

OK, knee pads off, come up for air... breathe! You must be the coach or president of the club... didn't we run you off the old TM!?
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercap 9/19/2009, 12:25 am

soccermom040 wrote:
soccercap wrote:Tfc and FC Red is an interesting one as they are both teams with skill and ability however it will be the battle of who rattles who first. Both sides are able to be thrown of their game and I would give the edge to FC red to wear down tfc easier. Also tfc coach is a part of the instability where FC coach seems better able to motivate the boys. I will go with FC 2 / tfc 1

OK, knee pads off, come up for air... breathe! You must be the coach or president of the club... didn't we run you off the old TM!?
I am the supreme leader and your superior being so get used to it.
soccercap
soccercap
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 9/19/2009, 7:09 am

Every_NonAmericans_Dream wrote:Crochet, why cant they be called top teams? Have you seen all these teams play? Did you know Solar took down D2 TFC? Or in the last second in cowtown the D2 Texas Lightning was SCRAMBLING to get a shot of while Solar haad ten men? Just because a team is in plano doesnt mean anything anymore. Plano teams have beaten D3, D2, and some D1 teams.
Because they are not top teams. The top teams are in Classic League D1. Have you seen the difference in play between D1 and your D2 examples? It's men versus boys even between those two divisions. And we all know what happens whenever a D1 team (especially the true 4 "top teams") plays a Plano team. It's usually a football score shutout.
Here, I will really get the dialogue going . . .
Should there even be a Plano league? Or does it exist solely to line the pockets of clubs and coaches? Wouldnt these boys be just as well served playing in their local rec leagues and saving $2500 a year? I've actually watched some U14 rec league games recently and in all candor the level of play is just as strong as Plano league.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 9/19/2009, 1:15 pm

Crochet wrote:
Every_NonAmericans_Dream wrote:Crochet, why cant they be called top teams? Have you seen all these teams play? Did you know Solar took down D2 TFC? Or in the last second in cowtown the D2 Texas Lightning was SCRAMBLING to get a shot of while Solar haad ten men? Just because a team is in plano doesnt mean anything anymore. Plano teams have beaten D3, D2, and some D1 teams.
Because they are not top teams. The top teams are in Classic League D1. Have you seen the difference in play between D1 and your D2 examples? It's men versus boys even between those two divisions. And we all know what happens whenever a D1 team (especially the true 4 "top teams") plays a Plano team. It's usually a football score shutout.
Here, I will really get the dialogue going . . .
Should there even be a Plano league? Or does it exist solely to line the pockets of clubs and coaches? Wouldnt these boys be just as well served playing in their local rec leagues and saving $2500 a year? I've actually watched some U14 rec league games recently and in all candor the level of play is just as strong as Plano league.

Even the top 4-5 CL teams are no longer "top teams"... the academy has striped your precious CL. The question yrs ago was why did CL expand to D2 & D3? That move was made to line the pockets of the clubs... selective memory I suppose!! NOW, calling a Plano team a "top" team is being done relevant to the league their in... DUH. A-Clowns like you give us other CL parents a bad rap so quit being so douchey. Enjoy the level of play in CL for now, it will be changing soon for your 96's.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 9/19/2009, 1:22 pm

soccercap wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:

I am the supreme leader and your superior being so get used to it.

Well supreme leader, I'm the Inglorious Basterd so watch your scalp! Game On holmes!
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 9/19/2009, 4:21 pm

No team at Liverpool FC America can every be taken seriously as long as Jimmy MeLiar is on the executive staff. He ran the 96 Texans team into the ground.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker_97 9/20/2009, 4:39 pm

homer999 wrote:No team at Liverpool FC America can every be taken seriously as long as Jimmy MeLiar is on the executive staff. He ran the 96 Texans team into the ground.
Homer, that is like the 2nd or 3rd time you have thrown out that comment on Melia. I am curious - what is the deal there?

Regardless, Melia has nothing to do with this '96 team. They have some talented athletes on this team but unfortunately, they will never take it to the next level with their current coach. They need someone with knowledge and experience to take them to the next level. Plus one with a whole lot fewer off field distractions.
Striker_97
Striker_97
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 9/21/2009, 7:44 am

How many clubs has Melia been with? 1 year at FCD, 2 at Solar, 2 at Texans, 1 at Longhorns. He lies to the parents and the kids. Our experience was the 96 team as we dropped out of D1 under his leadership. Other ages have similiar stories.
Now he is Technical Director at Liverpool, no doubt strarting a club based on his ties and success of 45 years ago. You have to look at the executive staff when evaluating a team, they set the tone for the club.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 9/21/2009, 8:33 am

homer999 wrote:Now he is Technical Director at Liverpool, no doubt strarting a club based on his ties and success of 45 years ago. You have to look at the executive staff when evaluating a team, they set the tone for the club.
Wasn't the Liverpool club around here before Melia joined them? Thinking he did not start the club.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 9/21/2009, 10:07 am

meant to say starting at, not starting. Don't know how, or who started the club but I don't remember seeing much of them before last year. Either way, Melia joining at the executive level reflects poorly on the club.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down