Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 State Cup Predictions - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 State Cup Predictions

+10
scrdad
slampg
Clydenorton
jkspinks
01SoccerParent
tiger19
PG-Boy
finish1
anselansel
krowdkontrol
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

U11 State Cup Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: U11 State Cup Predictions

Post by anselansel 5/2/2012, 2:19 pm

krowdkontrol wrote:
anselansel wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:
anselansel wrote:also since you don't advance at u11, saying you are north texas champions is kinda just marketing that any other tournament could say too. bleh

The prestige and bragging rights to say you are North Texas Champions for U11

I would say Gall can already say that based on their classic league standings.....

Being Classic league Grand Champions and North Texas State Cup Champions are two totally different animals... Not saying it cant or wont happen that Gall would be both. We just have to wait and see.

i still say meh, just another tournament at this age. if vedral won, would you consider them the "champion "of north texas? (no disrespect meant to vedral, just used them)

anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 5/2/2012, 2:28 pm

krowdkontrol wrote:
Being Classic league Grand Champions and North Texas State Cup Champions are two totally different animals... Not saying it cant or wont happen that Gall would be both. We just have to wait and see.

The blueprint functioned once, it can work again. Aggressively man marking the star responsible for 90% of their offensive production was a simple, yet extraordinarily effective ploy. The star can't score if he doesn't have the ball. Very clever, indeed.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 5/2/2012, 2:52 pm

anselansel wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:
anselansel wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:
anselansel wrote:also since you don't advance at u11, saying you are north texas champions is kinda just marketing that any other tournament could say too. bleh

The prestige and bragging rights to say you are North Texas Champions for U11

I would say Gall can already say that based on their classic league standings.....

i still say meh, just another tournament at this age. if vedral won, would you consider them the "champion "of north texas? (no disrespect meant to vedral, just used them)
This tournament is suppose to have prestige behind it. Yes if Vedral won this tournament, they would represent north texas at regionals for this age group. Now this actually start at U13. Bummer Huh?
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 5/2/2012, 2:54 pm

PG-Boy wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:

The blueprint functioned once, it can work again. Aggressively man marking the star responsible for 90% of their offensive production was a simple, yet extraordinarily effective ploy. The star can't score if he doesn't have the ball. Very clever, indeed.

A Box and one does work in soccer as well as basketball when used effectively.

Last edited by krowdkontrol on 5/3/2012, 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 5/2/2012, 2:57 pm

This tournament is suppose to have prestige behind it. Yes if Vedral won this tournament, they would represent north texas at regionals for this age group. Now this actually start at U13. Bummer Huh?

I agree IF they went somewhere to represent NT. but since they don't it's really no different than any other tournament IMO
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 5/2/2012, 3:06 pm

anselansel wrote:This tournament is suppose to have prestige behind it. Yes if Vedral won this tournament, they would represent north texas at regionals for this age group. Now this actually start at U13. Bummer Huh?

I agree IF they went somewhere to represent NT. but since they don't it's really no different than any other tournament IMO

I agree with you...Should be a fun tournament. This weekend should be a piece of cakewalk for the top 4 teams. It really gets interesting next weekend when the top 4 play each other.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 5/2/2012, 3:10 pm

krowdkontrol wrote:
anselansel wrote:This tournament is suppose to have prestige behind it. Yes if Vedral won this tournament, they would represent north texas at regionals for this age group. Now this actually start at U13. Bummer Huh?

I agree with you...Should be a fun tournament. This weekend should be a piece of cakewalk for the top 4 teams. It really gets interesting next weekend when the top 4 play each other.

So who are the top 4 KK?
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 5/2/2012, 3:13 pm

slampg wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:

So who are the top 4 KK?

IMHO
DT Gall
Solar Red
DTS
Tied for 4th FCD Bazan and FCD Premier

But if you make me choose betwen the two FCD Bazan would be my answer.

Last edited by krowdkontrol on 5/2/2012, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 5/2/2012, 3:17 pm

krowdkontrol wrote:
slampg wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:

So who are the top 4 KK?

IMHO
DT Gall
Solar Red
DTS
Tied for 4th FCD Bazan and FCD Premier

But if you make me chose betwen the two FCD Bazan would be my answer.

Good answer! Laughing
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 5/2/2012, 6:29 pm

krowdkontrol wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:

A Box in one does work in soccer as well as basketball when used effectively.

Box and one. Sorry, basketball purist in me still lurks.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 5/3/2012, 8:09 am

scrdad wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:

A Box and one does work in soccer as well as basketball when used effectively.

Box and one. Sorry, basketball purist in me still lurks.

Didnt proof read my stuff before sending it out. thanks for catching it.
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovescr01 5/12/2012, 4:11 pm

I guess the only suprise is fwfc to semi. Unfortunately they couldnt go further. Should be a good final tomorrow.

lovescr01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 5/14/2012, 11:31 am

U11 STATE CUP FINAL : OBSERVATIONS
Congratulations to both teams for reaching the final match. It’s a pretty big deal. Kudos is in order for the coaches, clubs, parents and boys on the squads.
This championship took years of development and player selection. This is not something that was earned overnight.
I’ve consistently stated Solar Chelsea Red, a.k.a. The Big Red Machine, is the best rounded team in U11. They proved it emphatically.

Solar won because:
- They have the best defense in U11. A fortress. Everybody knows defense wins championships.
- They have the best balanced team in U11. At each position they have exemplary players.
- They have the best playmaker in U11.
- Solar has a very balanced attack. They are not dependent on one or two players to score.
- They are patient, meticulous and fit. Smart kids, too.
- All of the above is a reflection of their leader, the coach.

Texans didn’t win because:
- They are too dependent on one player.
- Usually, the player scores at will and dominates games with non-par excellence. If he’s off, just a bit, it normally doesn’t matter. He wasn’t at 100% dominance this match.

Game notes:

Right from the start, the Texans defense whacks the ball under pressure. Smashing the ball 30-40 yards in the general direction of their dominant player or out of bounds. This was the preferred solution to dealing with the relentless pressing by Solar. It seemed out of character for the Texans. Usually they are very precise with their long passing. But Solar pressed with immense firmness across the pitch. It was a very risk-averse response by the Texans.

The Texans defense didn’t try to work the ball out of the back.

On the other hand, Solar had much better possession. They were not smashing the ball willy-nilly. Nevertheless, the first 20 minutes, the teams were feeling each other out. A lot of midfield action without too many scares by either party.

2:21 An amazing save by Texan keeper.
2:23 Texans dominant player (TDP) offside on a cross that he easily nods into the net.
2:24 TDP called for a hard foul. TDP pats ref on back, a la, “good job ref”. A very mature reaction I’ve only seen from older kids or adults. i.e. Politicking with the ref.
2:24 Goal! Solar. Their relentless ball possession and aggressive offensive attacks pay off. The free kick from the previous penalty led directly to the goal.
2:25 Gall subs-out the kid he deems responsible for goal. Solar continues to push forward aggressively.
2:28 Solar goal #2 by their primary playmaker. Texans resort to kick balling as waves of blue shirts attack.
2:29 Solar playmaker schools Texans defense. He dribbles swiftly up his left wing toward the corner flag, cuts inside, dashes parallel to the line towards the Texans goal. He’s fouled hard in box. Clearly a PK! Ref waves the foul away. With the score 2-nil, perhaps the referee didn’t want the Final to be 3-0 so early in the match. This was a terrific gift from the referee.
2:36 Texan defense is under an onslaught of waves of blue. They kick ball out of bounds.
2:37 Half Time.
2:44 Game resumes.
2:47 Solar misses by a whisker over the crossbar. Texans still playing kickball.
2:48 Solar dominating possession.
2:49 Texans nail crossbar on a counter-attack.
2:50 TDP goes down on a crunching tackle by the Solar defense. TDP rolls and seems to have a leg and/or head injury. Injury substitution.
2:53 Texans miss a 1v1 with keeper. Ball goes wide on a excellent opportunity.
2:54 TDP returns to field.
2:54 Texan central defender fouls hard. Is warned by referee.
3:01 Golaso! TDP flies down right wing. Serves a hard swerving cross. The Texan central defender is up high to slam home the cross. It was a beautifully executed play.
3:04 Texan central defender aggressively pushes forward. 10 minutes remaining.
Solar strips ball.
3:05 No man to man marking by Solar. Zone marking is very effective due to the fitness, speed, and athleticism of Solar boys. They continue to dominate possession. Texans show impressive short bursts on counters. But no sustained ball possession.
3:07 The Solar defense firmly extinguishes another aggressive attack. Texans foul hard, but no call. S/b a card. No card issued by referee.
3:08 Another hard Texans foul by the defense. Referee allows advantage to Solar.
3:08 Texans come charging back, TDP shot blocked. Texans attack with fury. Solar responds with a physical and clean stiff defense.
3:09 Texans motivated to equalize. They attack forward with gusto. The Solar defense bends but does not break. Their tackling is emphatic.
3:10 Texans bench all stands.
3:10 Solar shoots. Texan keeper snatches the shot.
3:11 TDP trying to make headway down his right wing. Snuffed!
3:11 Texans miss point blank shot.
3:13 Corner for Texans.
3:13 The ball spends a second or two in the goalie box. It’s a dangerous situation for Solar, finally after a scrum, the ball is cleared.
3:14 Texan keeper denies solar point blank shot.
3:15 One minute over.
3:16 Two minutes over.
3:16 TDP earns a yellow card on a stiff late challenge near midfield.
3:17 Game over. Solar, 2012 State Cup champions. The last 10 minutes were exciting as the two squads furiously played with heart and passion.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/14/2012, 11:55 am

"Congratulations to both teams for reaching the final match. It’s a pretty big deal. Kudos is in order for the coaches, clubs, parents and boys on the squads.
This championship took years of development and player selection. This is not something that was earned overnight.
I’ve consistently stated Solar Chelsea Red, a.k.a. The Big Red Machine, is the best rounded team in U11. They proved it emphatically."

SORRY pgboy, its just a tournament.when the results allow a team to represent NT elsewhere, then it will be a big deal. I have lots of respect for SOLAR RED, (I think you are the only one who calls them the big red machine BTW). When they win classic then they will be the best, not one game in one tournament. A good team who beat a great team. sorry to pile on, but your last encounter less than 90 days ago left you pummeled by gall 4-1. hardly a well rounded championship performance. in fact this is the first time solar red has beat gall and gall has outscored 9-3 in all encounters. so tone down your drum beating........

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 5/14/2012, 1:00 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:"Congratulations to both teams for reaching the final match. It’s a pretty big deal. Kudos is in order for the coaches, clubs, parents and boys on the squads.
I’ve consistently stated Solar Chelsea Red, a.k.a. The Big Red Machine, is the best rounded team in U11. They proved it emphatically."

SORRY pgboy, its just a tournament.when the results allow a team to represent NT elsewhere, then it will be a big deal. I have lots of respect for SOLAR RED, (I think you are the only one who calls them the big red machine BTW). When they win classic then they will be the best, not one game in one tournament. A good team who beat a great team. sorry to pile on, but your last encounter less than 90 days ago left you pummeled by gall 4-1. hardly a well rounded championship performance. in fact this is the first time solar red has beat gall and gall has outscored 9-3 in all encounters. so tone down your drum beating........

I think the bottom line is that both teams really are very, very good. On any given day, either can win. DT Gall had a nice streak going against Solar Red before Sunday, and before that Solar Red tended to win (including a 3 or 4-0 win before QT). These two teams should be battling for years, so let's let SR enjoy their State Cup championship, DT Gall their Class League championship, and thank goodness for two talented groups of kids that came out of the weekend healthy. While we're at it, keeping saying prayers for the older goalie (DT '96?) that was hospitalized after the first week of State Cup with significant head injuries.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD6 5/14/2012, 2:11 pm

PG , with that I felt I was watching a replay. How was the crowd? And kudos to Solar Red.

FCD6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 5/14/2012, 3:32 pm

FCD6 wrote:PG , with that I felt I was watching a replay. How was the crowd? And kudos to Solar Red.

Crowd was amicable on both sides. Surprised to see families from other teams at the game...FCD (Bazan and Premier), DTS, Titans and others were well represented. It was a festive environment. Congratulations to both teams.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace70 5/14/2012, 4:40 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:"Congratulations to both teams for reaching the final match. It’s a pretty big deal. Kudos is in order for the coaches, clubs, parents and boys on the squads.

Really?????? Texans beat Solar by 1 point to win Classic, hardly worthy of what I would say is a dominate season. Do you really want to go there talking about the last 90 days?I You really lost your arguement by bringing up the last 90 days. If Texans "pummeling" Solar 4 to 1, then what is Texans losing 4 to 0 to the Wizards( who finished 13th by the way) and then losing 6-2 to Texans South? Maybe call that two weeks of serious ass whoopings? My 2 cents.... Solar is a great TEAM, Texans has a good team with a few great individuals........

Ace70
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2