Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc

+12
ontherightside
soccergrinder
What
twotone
go99
omega striker
Therecanonlybeone
yellowboots
davito
Texas101
goscore!
PG-Boy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc Empty FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc

Post by PG-Boy 5/8/2012, 10:01 am

Check it out...

FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to include the Pre Academy at Lamar Hunt Middle School for the 2012/2013 school year.

FCDallas SIAC Program 2012-2013

http://fcdallasyouth.com/FC-Dallas-expanding-the-school-daily-training-program-to-include-the-Pre-Academy-for-the-20122013-school-year.aspx
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc Empty Re: FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc

Post by goscore! 5/8/2012, 11:50 am

no charge for the selected athletes...thats the right way to do it.

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc Empty Re: FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to inc

Post by PG-Boy 5/8/2012, 11:59 am

Yes. No additional cost for the selected boys. Well done Frisco ISD & FCD.

Note that it includes 6th grade at Lamar Hunt MS. Which would translate into 11 year olds possibly participating in the program.

Claudio Reyna (US SOCCER) says US boys need to train more, play futsal and pick-up soccer.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas101 5/8/2012, 12:59 pm

It's only the 99, 98 and 97 PA teams if I read correctly in that case no 11 year old would be participating and just 7th and 8th graders

Texas101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/8/2012, 1:37 pm

This sounds like it will actually allow the kids to practice a lot AND get a decent education with their peers. Good job FCD and Frisco ISD. And if I understand it correctly $$$ are not required. Finally a program that makes sense for developing top talent....
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 5/8/2012, 1:47 pm

davito wrote:This sounds like it will actually allow the kids to practice a lot AND get a decent education with their peers. Good job FCD and Frisco ISD. And if I understand it correctly $$$ are not required. Finally a program that makes sense for developing top talent....

Dont forget to thank those parents with kids that are not ready for PA. They will be fitting the bill... cheers Laughing

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Therecanonlybeone 5/8/2012, 2:03 pm

Does anyone know what the fees are for FC Dallas PRE-ACADEMY for U13, U14, and U15?

Thanks and I couldn't find anything on their website.

Therecanonlybeone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/8/2012, 2:13 pm

yellowboots wrote:
davito wrote:This sounds like it will actually allow the kids to practice a lot AND get a decent education with their peers. Good job FCD and Frisco ISD. And if I understand it correctly $$$ are not required. Finally a program that makes sense for developing top talent....

Dont forget to thank those parents with kids that are not ready for PA. They will be fitting the bill... cheers Laughing

Not sure that is really true. FCD is a big org and seems like PA/DA might be their feeder for the 1st team one day, like how the rest of the world do it.

Does the PA program require the kids to travel all over the US to play? If so that would be a weakness in my opinion. There is enough commitment required for kids and their families without needing to spend countless days travelling too.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/8/2012, 2:19 pm

Therecanonlybeone wrote:Does anyone know what the fees are for FC Dallas PRE-ACADEMY for U13, U14, and U15?

Thanks and I couldn't find anything on their website.
FCD is free! Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/8/2012, 2:50 pm

davito wrote:
yellowboots wrote:

Not sure that is really true. FCD is a big org and seems like PA/DA might be their feeder for the 1st team one day, like how the rest of the world do it.

Does the PA program require the kids to travel all over the US to play? If so that would be a weakness in my opinion. There is enough commitment required for kids and their families without needing to spend countless days travelling too.

PA is a texas league so travel all over the state but if commitment is an issue then pa is not for the kid
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 5/8/2012, 3:50 pm

Texas101 wrote:It's only the 99, 98 and 97 PA teams if I read correctly in that case no 11 year old would be participating and just 7th and 8th graders

An 11 year old is age eligible for all of those teams and could play, if deemed good enough. most aren't good enough to play up 2 or 3 years though.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 5/8/2012, 3:52 pm

PG-Boy wrote:Check it out...

FC Dallas expanding the school daily training program to include the Pre Academy at Lamar Hunt Middle School for the 2012/2013 school year.

FCDallas SIAC Program 2012-2013

http://fcdallasyouth.com/FC-Dallas-expanding-the-school-daily-training-program-to-include-the-Pre-Academy-for-the-20122013-school-year.aspx
Very nice, can't hate the program
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 5/8/2012, 4:37 pm

There's no charge to the athlete's family for the PA/DA teams, or for the daily training program. Kids younger than '99s can participate in the daily training program if they can make it in the '99 age group and not miss any training sessions; there won't be an academic school offered for kids younger than 6th grade though.

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 5/8/2012, 5:16 pm

Yeah, right. affraid
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 5/8/2012, 5:29 pm

soccergrinder wrote:

Yeah, right. affraid

Grinder - are you saying FISD is a bad school district?

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbanegra 5/8/2012, 5:36 pm

Just as he said, Frisco ISD is decent. Not great, not bad.

Barbanegra
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 5/8/2012, 5:42 pm

A TOP TEN school district in Tx per this website...

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/schools/

Not sure the reason HP and UP are listed separately. I believe they are one and the same.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/8/2012, 5:44 pm

I don't know how good Frisco ISD is but I think it is nice that the kids get to go to a regular school and live a somewhat regular life rather than be holed up in an eSchool or whatever.

No dog in this fight, BB doesn't play for this team, blah blah blah..... Very Happy
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 5/8/2012, 5:47 pm

Barbanegra wrote:Just as he said, Frisco ISD is decent. Not great, not bad.

Thanks, Blackbeard. Davito said decent, Grinder sarcastically said yeah, right. Just curious why he thinks it is bad.

Obviously you think it is decent, too, but I"d be willing to bet you think more highly of PISD.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 5/8/2012, 7:31 pm

ontherightside wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

Yeah, right. affraid

No. But they don't take the regular curriculum. And they aren't held to the same high standards as the other students in FISD. They are SPECIAL classes. Wink. Wink.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 5/8/2012, 7:56 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
ontherightside wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

Yeah, right. affraid

No. But they don't take the regular curriculum. And they aren't held to the same high standards as the other students in FISD. They are SPECIAL classes. Wink. Wink.

Gotcha. I assumed, probably incorrectly, that they were in the mainstream classes and just got off-campus PE. They do not get out as early as the Texans charter school. I presume you would know as you have had a BB that competed against their DA boys.

BTW - congrats to him, and I applaud his decision to go back to his high school team to finish out the year. I hope it was all he wanted it to be.

Thanks for all your wisdom on this board.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 5/8/2012, 9:02 pm

Some schools are not that good so going there would not be such a loss. However there are some really good local schools and it is a big step down. For the most part if you are doing it then education is secondary. Mark Ashby, a senior this year for FC Dallas is going to Harvard. I wonder if he was in the program?
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/8/2012, 10:26 pm

Hadn't heard anything about them being "special" classes. Love the wink wink also as to suggest the Frisco ISD would be complicite in allowing kids to cheat or get off easy just because they play for FC Dallas. Frisco is a good school district and could be a step up for some. Could also be a step down for others. But if you are in HP ISD your parents can just afford to pay for you to go to solar
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 5/8/2012, 10:42 pm

Well, if they are on a soccer field then they aren't in class are they. And I would be willing to bet that if they get a "C" in one of their classes they will still be eligible to play soccer. Not so for the other kids in the school. So the FC Dallas kids do have special status. Surely you are not suggesting that the curriculum has not been modified for them. I have already spoken to some that have been through the program and indicated that they thought it was a mistake for them. Most of the kids in the program will not attend college so as I stated, education is secondary to playing soccer. Not saying it's good nor bad. Everyone is just trying to do what is best for their kids. To some soccer is first. To others education is first. To most, they probably try to strike a balance.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/8/2012, 10:47 pm

weather you get a c or not has nothing to do with the club or the school it is you who earn your c. I am sure your opinion is completely unbiased. I know some in the program who are just fine although you are correct on one point the point of the program is pro not college. Many will come up short and end up playing college instead though. They are in the same classes as the other frisco kids not special fcd classes made easier for poor dumb dallas soccer kids. If it was such a big mistake, why didn't they just leave? It is voluntary
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next