Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview? - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview?

+22
hammer's dad
Rooney13
krowdkontrol
Rock
TxHunter
soccermom040
off_the_woodwork
omega striker
CH1
FlatBack4
soccerdad1
Number13
my2cents
Maradona
WestSide
scoregazam
Mom96keeper
soccerkraut
Iplaysoccer
DragonStryker
Kaivermor
Solar96
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview? - Page 4 Empty Re: 96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview?

Post by ntexsoccer 8/18/2012, 8:43 pm

DragonStryker wrote:For anyone that thinks Classic League has been castrated by D/A and that Plano and Arlington are now comparable, this is what happens when a Plano/Arlington team plays a D1 team and why we have divisions with relegation and promotion.

ODY picked up a bunch of kids from PPL/APL and a few Classic League cast off's after the majority of their team from last season left, and this is what that gets you. A 10-nil a$$ whipping. Based in this result, looks like ODY might have had even less success than Andromeda did rebuilding last season.

Going to be a very long year for those boys I suspect.

Interesting..... How many former PPL/APL players are on this team??

ntexsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview? - Page 4 Empty Re: 96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview?

Post by off_the_woodwork 8/18/2012, 10:18 pm

DragonStryker wrote:For anyone that thinks Classic League has been castrated by D/A and that Plano and Arlington are now comparable, this is what happens when a Plano/Arlington team plays a D1 team and why we have divisions with relegation and promotion.

ODY picked up a bunch of kids from PPL/APL and a few Classic League cast off's after the majority of their team from last season left, and this is what that gets you. A 10-nil a$$ whipping. Based in this result, looks like ODY might have had even less success than Andromeda did rebuilding last season.

3 words for CCSAI board: N. PLUS. ONE. Please. If you want the best league you must get rid of this loophole that allows poor teams to play in divisions that are over their heads.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 8/18/2012, 10:43 pm

But some completely new teams seem to be fairing well. Only 7 players of the 22 on FCDP are returning from last year, and only 4 didn't play with that team two years ago.

Ody only (from what my friend has told me) 16 players. I know some came from Fusion from PPL, but that's all I know from them...

I did say FCDY would shock some... They have a talented keeper, a strong back four, and a very talented defensive mid. They won't allow many goals this year. They are also all very confident, thinking they can break top 4.

Main source: Twitter Laughing

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/18/2012, 11:26 pm

Iplaysoccer wrote:But some completely new teams seem to be fairing well. Only 7 players of the 22 on FCDP are returning from last year, and only 4 didn't play with that team two years ago.

Ody only (from what my friend has told me) 16 players. I know some came from Fusion from PPL, but that's all I know from them...

I did say FCDY would shock some... They have a talented keeper, a strong back four, and a very talented defensive mid. They won't allow many goals this year. They are also all very confident, thinking they can break top 4.

Main source: Twitter Laughing
well 1 of FCD premiers new players who didnt even play until the 2nd half, came on to score 4 of the teams 10 goals! affraid im thinking he will score quite a bit this season Laughing
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer's dad 8/19/2012, 8:06 am

[quote="ntexsoccer"]

[/quot

Odyssey has one returning player their keeper. This will be a long year for these young men who will get verbally abused from a coach that destroyed (IMO) the hottest 96 team in N. Texas last year.

I was at fields yesterday heard score at half time a bit later I heard sirens and figured that the Odyssey coach had an episode an a ambulance was coming to get him.... (Just joking)

Good luck to Odyssey Boy and keep your chin up.
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/19/2012, 11:09 am

hammer's dad wrote:
ntexsoccer wrote:

It was mentioned on this forum during silly season that someone else would be handling gameday duties for this team (someone other than Paddy). Does anyone know if that's actually true or if Paddy is still handling games as well as practices.

Odyssey has one returning player their keeper. This will be a long year for these young men who will get verbally abused from a coach that destroyed (IMO) the hottest 96 team in N. Texas last year.

I was at fields yesterday heard score at half time a bit later I heard sirens and figured that the Odyssey coach had an episode an a ambulance was coming to get him.... (Just joking)

DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer's dad 8/19/2012, 11:34 am

DragonStryker wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
ntexsoccer wrote:

Paddy was the coach yesterday

It was mentioned on this forum during silly season that someone else would be handling gameday duties for this team (someone other than Paddy). Does anyone know if that's actually true or if Paddy is still handling games as well as practices.

hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/19/2012, 12:24 pm

[quote="hammer's dad"]
ntexsoccer wrote:

[color=red]yssey has one returning player their keeper. This will be a long year for these young men who will get verbally abused from a coach that destroyed (IMO) the hottest 96 team in N. Texas last year.

Perhaps, but that was after he developed that team from a PPL D2 team. We all went in knowing what we were signing up for. Lets move on remembering it for what it was, a great accomplishment by the players and coach. I know every single player from that team was very well recieved at tryouts as very skilled sought after prospects and every single one is on a top D1 team or U16 DA program. sunny

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney13 8/19/2012, 2:48 pm

[quote="my2cents"]
hammer's dad wrote:
ntexsoccer wrote:

[color=red]yssey has one returning player their keeper. This will be a long year for these young men who will get verbally abused from a coach that destroyed (IMO) the hottest 96 team in N. Texas last year.

Perhaps, but that was after he developed that team from a PPL D2 team. We all went in knowing what we were signing up for. Lets move on remembering it for what it was, a great accomplishment by the players and coach. I know every single player from that team was very well recieved at tryouts as very skilled sought after prospects and every single one is on a top D1 team or U16 DA program. sunny

Very Well Put My2Cents, CANT AGREE ENOUGH. Some people will never change.

Rooney13
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 8/20/2012, 11:42 am

Wha… affraid ..10-0?…..raise the white flags…..is it too early to crown FCDP champions?
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/20/2012, 11:59 am

SoccerDunce wrote:Wha… affraid ..10-0?…..raise the white flags…..is it too early to crown FCDP champions?

Yes, beating a gloried Rec team 10-nil does not a champion make. Beat Solar, DTR, DTWW, or DTRS by a similar margin and you might, might, have room to speculate.

It was pretty well documented that ODY was expected to have a pretty rough year. I would say this game simply solidifies that likelihood versus really saying anything about FCDP.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/20/2012, 12:52 pm

Does CL limit goal differential to +5 or does this start the race to see who can build the biggest goal diffrential at ODYs expense for end of season ties ?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 8/20/2012, 2:01 pm

my2cents wrote:Does CL limit goal differential to +5 or does this start the race to see who can build the biggest goal diffrential at ODYs expense for end of season ties ?

Game-On
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/20/2012, 4:28 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
SoccerDunce wrote:Wha… affraid ..10-0?…..raise the white flags…..is it too early to crown FCDP champions?

Yes, beating a gloried Rec team 10-nil does not a champion make. Beat Solar, DTR, DTWW, or DTRS by a similar margin and you might, might, have room to speculate.

It was pretty well documented that ODY was expected to have a pretty rough year. I would say this game simply solidifies that likelihood versus really saying anything about FCDP.
FCD premier has hands down the best striker in the 96's he will be a major difference when hes playing Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ntexsoccer 8/20/2012, 6:33 pm

my2cents wrote:Does CL limit goal differential to +5 or does this start the race to see who can build the biggest goal diffrential at ODYs expense for end of season ties ?

Show as 10 GF on standings

ntexsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 8/25/2012, 7:02 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:I hate to say it but my money is on Red-I think anyone will be lucky to get a goal on them.
FCD will score on everybody this season! Cool

What was FCD's score today?
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/25/2012, 8:28 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:I hate to say it but my money is on Red-I think anyone will be lucky to get a goal on them.

game was cancelled do to rain sir Laughing
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/25/2012, 8:55 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

FCD played PLW today and got shut out. FCD youth must have been the one rained out.

FC DALLAS YOUTH 96B PREMIER 0 OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL OFC 96 BOYS 0
South won 14-0
White lost3-0

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/25/2012, 9:15 pm

my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

FCD played PLW today and got shut out. FCD youth must have been the one rained out.

South won 14-0
White lost3-0
the game with FCD premier was called about 10 minutes in to the 2nd half so yea technically i guess you can say that Laughing we will see tomorrow what happens Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/25/2012, 9:26 pm

omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

South won 14-0
White lost3-0
the game with FCD premier was called about 10 minutes in to the 2nd half so yea technically i guess you can say that Laughing we will see tomorrow what happens Razz

Well that is the way it is recorded so it is not a rainout. Once the 2nd half starts it is no longer a rainout It will be interesting to see how the game goes tomorrow as that team beat DTW 3-0

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/25/2012, 10:45 pm

my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

South won 14-0
White lost3-0

Well that is the way it is recorded so it is not a rainout. Once the 2nd half starts it is no longer a rainout It will be interesting to see how the game goes tomorrow as that team beat DTW 3-0
yea i guess so scratch yep tomorrow is a different game! Wink
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/26/2012, 7:46 pm

omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

South won 14-0
White lost3-0

Well? Inquiring minds want to know. Smile

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/26/2012, 7:51 pm

my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

South won 14-0
White lost3-0

they scored cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 8/26/2012, 8:34 pm

omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

South won 14-0
White lost3-0

they scored cheers

But did you score
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 8/26/2012, 11:03 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
my2cents wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

South won 14-0
White lost3-0

they scored cheers

But did you score

Here is what is posted from today's PLW:
#287 1:00 PM FC DALLAS YOUTH 96B PREMIER 2 BLITZ-THUNDER UNITED 96 BOYS 4 ISSC L 04*

Hmmm...maybe FCDP is not as strong as advertised...?

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 9/3/2012, 6:42 pm

I will reply to my post above about FCD Premier 96 maybe "not being as good as advertised". According to PLD tourny website they just won the U18/19 championship against Solar Chelsea (95 State Cup champs if I'm remembering). So apparently they might be even better than advertised....

Congrats to FCD Premier 96 for the impressive win.

EDIT: Also congrats to TFC 96 for winning PLD U-17 Gold over a game FCDY (Che) team. Finally I heard Texans Red won Austin Labor Day cup (U-17). Should be good times at the top of D1 this year!

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next