Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Sponsored jerseys  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Sponsored jerseys

+7
cowpukesfan
bigtex75081
Soccerinsanity
PG-Boy
go99
00dad
Soccertoughness
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sponsored jerseys  Empty Sponsored jerseys

Post by Soccertoughness 7/1/2012, 3:44 pm

I was wondering if FC Dallas Youth will have to buy new jerseys with FC Dallas Advocare on them?
It is great to see sponsors promoting local soccer.
Hopefully they could pass on saving to kids or soccer scholarships..
Soccertoughness
Soccertoughness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Sponsored jerseys  Empty Re: Sponsored jerseys

Post by 00dad 7/1/2012, 5:22 pm

We are getting new kits this year...I am sure the new sponsor will be on there....we are excited to have them and anticipate the venture being great for us in many ways!!!
00dad
00dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/1/2012, 5:28 pm

yep right after samsung passes on a little cash to me at solar
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 7/1/2012, 10:59 pm

To Spanish speakers, at first glance, the new FCD sponsor reads…. Avocado.

Before anyone gets into an uproar. I'm a native Spanish speaker. Smile

Texas has more Fortune 500 companies than either California or New York. Couldn't we have Exxon, Dr Pepper, AT&T, etc. I'm happy FCD has a sponsor, but a more national brand would've been cool.

Some of my Spanish speaking friends are indeed calling the logo, the Avocado logo. Guacamole, anyone?
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 7/2/2012, 12:06 am

cheers sunny cheers
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 7/2/2012, 9:07 am

I'm sure Advocare has a great line of products that my kids should be using on a daily basis. Rolling Eyes

Does anybody remember in high school when all the coolest kids were buying up these Abercrombie or Tommy Hilfiger t-shirts. They were just crappy t-shirts but they had gigantic logos for Abercrombie or Tommy Hilfiger plastered on them. They were crappy shirts but because of those logos the "cool" kids still paid a premium for it.

To me, that was to stupidest crap ever. I saw the shirts and thought, "Wait... you want ME to pay YOU to advertise YOUR BRAND?" Maybe if the t-shirts were free I could understand but I didn't like the t-shirts still. The giant logos are ugly to me. It probably would have taken a free t-shirt AND $5 to get me to wear that crap.

With that said... I think paying $250+ for a kit to advertise for Advocare (or Samsung or whomever) is insulting. If somebody wants me or my children to walk around like a billboard for their company, they should compensate us for it. I do not get any benefit by advertising for your brand otherwise. My child has no loyalty or relationship with Advocare.

Step up clubs... Your corporate agreements shouldn't be applied to kids that are paying $2500/year. Give the kits for free or take the logos off the shirts.

For the pros it's fine because they are being compensated. Pro athletes, like golfers, get to sell their hats or shirts as advertising space. They get paid for that service though.

For these kids that are paying customers... take that crap off or pay them for the space.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 7/2/2012, 9:17 am

[quote="bigtex75081"]I'm sure Advocare has a great line of products that my kids should be using on a daily basis. Rolling Eyes

Does anybody remember in high school when all the coolest kids were buying up these Abercrombie or Tommy Hilfiger t-shirts. They were just crappy t-shirts but they had gigantic logos for Abercrombie or Tommy Hilfiger plastered on them. They were crappy shirts but because of those logos the "cool" kids still paid a premium for it.

To me, that was to stupidest crap ever. I saw the shirts and thought, "Wait... you want ME to pay YOU to advertise YOUR BRAND?" Maybe if the t-shirts were free I could understand but I didn't like the t-shirts still. The giant logos are ugly to me. It probably would have taken a free t-shirt AND $5 to get me to wear that crap.

With that said... I think paying $250+ for a kit to advertise for Advocare (or Samsung or whomever) is insulting. If somebody wants me or my children to walk around like a billboard for their company, they should compensate us for it. I do not get any benefit by advertising for your brand otherwise. My child has no loyalty or relationship with Advocare.

Step up clubs... Your corporate agreements shouldn't be applied to kids that are paying $2500/year. [i][u]Give the kits for free or take the logos off the shirts.[/u][/i]

For the pros it's fine because they are being compensated. Pro athletes, like golfers, get to sell their hats or shirts as advertising space. They get paid for that service though.

[b][i][u]For these kids that are paying customers... take that crap off or pay them for the space.[/u][/i][/b][/quote]

No joke.
What in the heck do the kids get out of this free advertising?
Did their registration fee go down?
Every Saturday, they'll be walking billboards for a company that's raking in millions a year.
Advocare's based in Plano (Wikipedia).

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2012, 9:27 am

Frankly I would be fine. Anything that makes youth soccer stronger and helps foot the bills is welcome IMO. Just ask the old andromeda club if they would have liked to have had a deal like this....

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 7/2/2012, 9:31 am

The old Andro would have bought the Gucci kits while waiting for the sponsorship money to come in!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 7/2/2012, 9:37 am

Are costs to the families at FCD being reduced because of this partnership with Advocare? Based on Go99's comment, it doesn't sound like the partnership with Samsung has benefitted the families at Solar.

I think all of us are doing this for similar reasons, that we want to help our children grow and develop in a healthy way. I do it because if either of my kids look into the mirror I want them to see a strong, smart, confident and capable person... NOT an Advocare logo.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2012, 9:40 am

bigtex75081 wrote:Are costs to the families at FCD being reduced because of this partnership with Advocare? Based on Go99's comment, it doesn't sound like the partnership with Samsung has benefitted the families at Solar.

I think all of us are doing this for similar reasons, that we want to help our children grow and develop in a healthy way. I do it because if either of my kids look into the mirror I want them to see a strong, smart, confident and capable person... NOT an Advocare logo.

I am puzzled why do you think your costs should go down? Your kids probably wear pro soccer jerseys with logos all the time. Is that hurting their moral character? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/2/2012, 9:41 am

Advocare isn't sponsoring your kids team they are sponsoring the pro team and your kid wears the pro teams jersey. Hopefully the money does come down to help with the youth develoment though
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/2/2012, 9:48 am

cowpukesfan wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:I'm sure Advocare has a great line of products that my kids should be using on a daily basis. Rolling Eyes

Step up clubs... Your corporate agreements shouldn't be applied to kids that are paying $2500/year. Give the kits for free or take the logos off the shirts.

For these kids that are paying customers... take that crap off or pay them for the space.

No joke.
What in the heck do the kids get out of this free advertising?
Did their registration fee go down?
Every Saturday, they'll be walking billboards for a company that's raking in millions a year.
Advocare's based in Plano (Wikipedia).

You are way off on everything. The pro players aren't getting anything either. Their salaries did not change a bit after the advocare deal. Besides look a little deeper because unless you are a small independant team your kid is flying the Nike or Adidas flag high and proud. What you get from FCD hasn't changed and if anything they should be able to provide more. If you don't like the cost of the product then buy something else. But because they got a shirt deal doesn't mean they owe you anything.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 7/2/2012, 9:50 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:Are costs to the families at FCD being reduced because of this partnership with Advocare? Based on Go99's comment, it doesn't sound like the partnership with Samsung has benefitted the families at Solar.

I am puzzled why do you think your costs should go down? Your kids probably wear pro soccer jerseys with logos all the time. Is that hurting their moral character? Rolling Eyes
Do you work for Advocare or FCD? My kids and I don't. If you don't, then your question makes you come across as a tool that's being manipulated by the club.

Personally, I don't like any logos on things I own. I don't like advertising for the car dealership that I purchased my car from. I don't like logos on my clothes. I don't like signs in my yard for people that built my fence or put on my roof. If I'm paid for that advertising space that's different but my kids and I are not here to promote your brand. I don't ask them to walk around with a picture of me on the front of their t-shirts.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2012, 9:52 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Do you work for Advocare or FCD? My kids and I don't. If you don't, then your question makes you come across as a tool that's being manipulated by the club.

Personally, I don't like any logos on things I own. I don't like advertising for the car dealership that I purchased my car from. I don't like logos on my clothes. I don't like signs in my yard for people that built my fence or put on my roof. If I'm paid for that advertising space that's different but my kids and I are not here to promote your brand. I don't ask them to walk around with a picture of me on the front of their t-shirts.

No I don't work for FCd lol. But I guess you ban your kids from wearing pro jerseys right? Don't know if you do, you bailed on that. question...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 7/2/2012, 9:55 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

No I don't work for FCd lol. But I guess you ban your kids from wearing pro jerseys right? Don't know if you do, you bailed on that. question...
To answer that specific question, no we don't own any pro jerseys. I don't spend much time in team pro-shops.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 7/2/2012, 9:56 am

go99 wrote:Advocare isn't sponsoring your kids team they are sponsoring the pro team and your kid wears the pro teams jersey. Hopefully the money does come down to help with the youth develoment though

To answer other's questions about whether the Advocare sponsorship is noticeably defraying costs in FCD Youth, the answer is NO. The uniform kit for 2012-13 is still > $400 (counting practice stuff, bag, etc). The fees are still in the $2500 range. Basically the youth teams are being used as advertising pawns for the professional team's sponsor. Not that there's anything wrong with that - it's a free country and anyone that doesn't like it can do something else.

My point is that a "Shirt Sponser" should sponsor the shirts, meaning the sponsor provides free or reduced cost jerseys in exchange for advertising. Absolutely not the case in FCDY, so parents shouldn't be under the impression they are getting something in this deal, because they're not (other then their kid playing in a shirt that appears to say "Avocado"...)

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2012, 10:01 am

To answer that specific question, no we don't own any pro jerseys. I don't spend much time in team pro-shops.

and of course, no nike t shirts, adidas, underarmour right? just non descript white shirts for you? why you think that fcd (or solar or any other team) owes you something is ludicrous. they are a business and they do what they can to promote that business. it's the real world, try it sometime for a change.....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/2/2012, 10:05 am

I think only the very confused few thought they were going to get something from that deal. Beside the "shirt" sponsor isn't paying for the shirt. They pay to the club to have their logo on it. Adidas provides the shirts to the pros for free not advocare. So really I guess you should contact the adidas rep and inquire as to why your kid is forced to wear the adidas logo apparel and not have it provided for free.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 7/2/2012, 10:14 am

go99 wrote:I think only the very confused few thought they were going to get something from that deal. Beside the "shirt" sponsor isn't paying for the shirt. They pay to the club to have their logo on it. Adidas provides the shirts to the pros for free not advocare. So really I guess you should contact the adidas rep and inquire as to why your kid is forced to wear the adidas logo apparel and not have it provided for free.

Did you ever see the movie "Bad News Bears"? Clearly Chico's Bail Bonds paid for their uniforms for the right to put their advertising on the shirt. Smile

In this case if they would lower the jersey costs by even 10 bucks it would lessen the pain of having such an ugly logo on the front. Nike, Underarmour, and Adidas at least have "cool" logos which add to the shirts looks. Not sure how well "Advocare" labeled merchendise would sell in the local Sports Authority...

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/2/2012, 10:17 am

now I definitely agree the logo is ugly and is actually not placed right. They should have had someone from the graphics design department or branding look at it.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2012, 10:20 am

go99 wrote:now I definitely agree the logo is ugly and is actually not placed right. They should have had someone from the graphics design department or branding look at it.

i agree to that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 7/2/2012, 10:22 am

I'm visualizing the "Avocados from Mexico" jingle playing as the pro team hits the field! cheers
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 7/2/2012, 10:42 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:To answer that specific question, no we don't own any pro jerseys. I don't spend much time in team pro-shops.

and of course, no nike t shirts, adidas, underarmour right? just non descript white shirts for you? why you think that fcd (or solar or any other team) owes you something is ludicrous. they are a business and they do what they can to promote that business. it's the real world, try it sometime for a change.....
I know you aren’t doing it on purpose, so I’ve reread your posts a couple times to make sure I didn’t misinterpret your tone, but these comments make you come across as a tool that’s being used by the club.

What if FCD’s pro club signed a contract with Chiquita Banana instead of Advocare? Let’s say Chiquita Banana signed an absurd contract worth $50,000,000 but a key stipulation though was, instead of putting a logo on all the team shirts, they wanted the pros and kids to wear banana costumes?

Would you pay for your banana costume? A tool would. A tool would probably suit the kids up while mumbling stupid comments like “they are a business and they do what they can to promote that business.” Or tell their kids, “Isn’t this neat? This is identical to the pro uniform.” (Even though your kid isn’t a pro or being compensated like a pro.) Don’t be a tool.
Sponsored jerseys  Banana11

If you think that’s ridiculous, you’re right, but where do you draw your line? How do you keep your kids from becoming tools for other people to use?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2012, 10:44 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:To answer that specific question, no we don't own any pro jerseys. I don't spend much time in team pro-shops.

I know you aren’t doing it on purpose, so I’ve reread your posts a couple times to make sure I didn’t misinterpret your tone, but these comments make you come across as a tool that’s being used by the club.

What if FCD’s pro club signed a contract with Chiquita Banana instead of Advocare? Let’s say Chiquita Banana signed an absurd contract worth $50,000,000 but a key stipulation though was, instead of putting a logo on all the team shirts, they wanted the pros and kids to wear banana costumes?

Would you pay for your banana costume? A tool would. A tool would probably suit the kids up while mumbling stupid comments like “they are a business and they do what they can to promote that business.” Or tell their kids, “Isn’t this neat? This is identical to the pro uniform.” (Even though your kid isn’t a pro or being compensated like a pro.) Don’t be a tool.
Sponsored jerseys  Banana11

If you think that’s ridiculous, you’re right, but where do you draw your line? How do you keep your kids from becoming tools for other people to use?

come back from the light. the only tool in this conversation is you and your absurd entitlement mentality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next