Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Sponsored jerseys  - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Sponsored jerseys

+7
cowpukesfan
bigtex75081
Soccerinsanity
PG-Boy
go99
00dad
Soccertoughness
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sponsored jerseys  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sponsored jerseys

Post by Guest 7/2/2012, 10:44 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:To answer that specific question, no we don't own any pro jerseys. I don't spend much time in team pro-shops.

and of course, no nike t shirts, adidas, underarmour right? just non descript white shirts for you? why you think that fcd (or solar or any other team) owes you something is ludicrous. they are a business and they do what they can to promote that business. it's the real world, try it sometime for a change.....
I know you aren’t doing it on purpose, so I’ve reread your posts a couple times to make sure I didn’t misinterpret your tone, but these comments make you come across as a tool that’s being used by the club.

What if FCD’s pro club signed a contract with Chiquita Banana instead of Advocare? Let’s say Chiquita Banana signed an absurd contract worth $50,000,000 but a key stipulation though was, instead of putting a logo on all the team shirts, they wanted the pros and kids to wear banana costumes?

Would you pay for your banana costume? A tool would. A tool would probably suit the kids up while mumbling stupid comments like “they are a business and they do what they can to promote that business.” Or tell their kids, “Isn’t this neat? This is identical to the pro uniform.” (Even though your kid isn’t a pro or being compensated like a pro.) Don’t be a tool.
Sponsored jerseys  - Page 2 Banana11

If you think that’s ridiculous, you’re right, but where do you draw your line? How do you keep your kids from becoming tools for other people to use?

come back from the light. the only tool in this conversation is you and your absurd entitlement mentality.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 7/2/2012, 10:56 am

[quote="go99"][quote="cowpukesfan"][quote="bigtex75081"]I'm sure Advocare has a great line of products that my kids should be using on a daily basis. Rolling Eyes

Does anybody remember in high school when all the coolest kids were buying up these Abercrombie or Tommy Hilfiger t-shirts. They were just crappy t-shirts but they had gigantic logos for Abercrombie or Tommy Hilfiger plastered on them. They were crappy shirts but because of those logos the "cool" kids still paid a premium for it.

To me, that was to stupidest crap ever. I saw the shirts and thought, "Wait... you want ME to pay YOU to advertise YOUR BRAND?" Maybe if the t-shirts were free I could understand but I didn't like the t-shirts still. The giant logos are ugly to me. It probably would have taken a free t-shirt AND $5 to get me to wear that crap.

With that said... I think paying $250+ for a kit to advertise for Advocare (or Samsung or whomever) is insulting. If somebody wants me or my children to walk around like a billboard for their company, they should compensate us for it. I do not get any benefit by advertising for your brand otherwise. My child has no loyalty or relationship with Advocare.

Step up clubs... Your corporate agreements shouldn't be applied to kids that are paying $2500/year. [i][u]Give the kits for free or take the logos off the shirts.[/u][/i]

For the pros it's fine because they are being compensated. Pro athletes, like golfers, get to sell their hats or shirts as advertising space. They get paid for that service though.

[b][i][u]For these kids that are paying customers... take that crap off or pay them for the space.[/u][/i][/b][/quote]

No joke.
What in the heck do the kids get out of this free advertising?
Did their registration fee go down?
Every Saturday, they'll be walking billboards for a company that's raking in millions a year.
Advocare's based in Plano (Wikipedia).[/quote]

You are way off on everything. The pro players aren't getting anything either. Their salaries did not change a bit after the advocare deal. Besides look a little deeper because unless you are a small independant team your kid is flying the Nike or Adidas flag high and proud. What you get from FCD hasn't changed and if anything they should be able to provide more. If you don't like the cost of the product then buy something else. But because they got a shirt deal doesn't mean they owe you anything. [/quote]

Well, thanks for clearing that up.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/2/2012, 11:08 am

you could stop comp;aining and just leave the club. I don't think anybody is forcing you to put your kid in anything. If he is wearing the FCD kit next season, it will be "you" that put him in it not FCD. Stick to your beliefs and just leave. Can't go to solar but there is always the texans. But come to think of it you can't wear that Texans logo so he can use your kid to advertise for his club so he can bring in more players and make money. That's advertising and he isn't paying you for that.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 11:22 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:Are costs to the families at FCD being reduced because of this partnership with Advocare? Based on Go99's comment, it doesn't sound like the partnership with Samsung has benefitted the families at Solar.

I think all of us are doing this for similar reasons, that we want to help our children grow and develop in a healthy way. I do it because if either of my kids look into the mirror I want them to see a strong, smart, confident and capable person... NOT an Advocare logo.

I am puzzled why do you think your costs should go down? Your kids probably wear pro soccer jerseys with logos all the time. Is that hurting their moral character? Rolling Eyes

I am puzzled as to why you thing these astronomical costs should NOT go down! Clubs charging $2400-$2800, some giving nothing back AT ALL in the form of tournament $$; charging additional monies for crappy equipment on top of that, (portable goals because the $6000 goals are off limits), relegating practices to sometimes no more than ball-chasing (hope by British friends appreciate my lack of the use of the word "shagging") execises for some boys; charging teams $300 for summer practice fields that aren't available; charging in excess of $400 for a kit, changing colors and styles of reusable items in order to force a new purchase and insisting on additional purchases of items you have too many of already (many, many of you know of whom I speak). The club of which I speak receives many, many "sponsorships," yet fees NEVER go down, only go up, rosters go up, playing time goes down for some, and families are taxed to the limit. Teams are forced to fundraise in order to afford many good players who could not otherwise afford to play in this environment, especially if you have more than one playing.

Every single major club gets you coming and going, not just the one I am referring to here, especially if you don't know what to look for. Team "fact" sheets that are meant to protect the consumer contain no verifiable information and many don't bother to read it anyway.

So what part of this do you agree with, pray tell? Go ahead. Please tell me this is about the development of our kids and providing opportunity. And when you do, please be sure to use information from the text as supporting evidence.

Last edited by bunited on 7/2/2012, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation Nazi)
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/2/2012, 11:32 am

I think fees are way to high in NTX but I don't think the new sponsorship has anything to do with that. everyone was going to have to get a new uniform this season anyway. It's every 2 yrs for all of the adidas and nike teams at least. As far a overall cost I don't see FCD leading the fight to drive down cost. The number of teams already ruffles some NTX feathers. Imagine the calls of FCD cannibalizing NTX youth soccer if they cut the fee by $1000. Solar lacks the size to impact cost. Texans could but won't. Liverpool has the size but lacks the vision and probably the will so I don't really NTX prices going down
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 11:38 am

go99 wrote:I think fees are way to high in NTX but I don't think the new sponsorship has anything to do with that. everyone was going to have to get a new uniform this season anyway. It's every 2 yrs for all of the adidas and nike teams at least. As far a overall cost I don't see FCD leading the fight to drive down cost. The number of teams already ruffles some NTX feathers. Imagine the calls of FCD cannibalizing NTX youth soccer if they cut the fee by $1000. Solar lacks the size to impact cost. Texans could but won't. Liverpool has the size but lacks the vision and probably the will so I don't really NTX prices going down

Very succinctly put, Go. Reality check 101. They charge it because they can. I see many similarities with the medical industry, within which I work. Many expect that to collapse under its own weight as well.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 7/2/2012, 12:05 pm

bunited wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:Are costs to the families at FCD being reduced because of this partnership with Advocare? Based on Go99's comment, it doesn't sound like the partnership with Samsung has benefitted the families at Solar.

I think all of us are doing this for similar reasons, that we want to help our children grow and develop in a healthy way. I do it because if either of my kids look into the mirror I want them to see a strong, smart, confident and capable person... NOT an Advocare logo.

I am puzzled why do you think your costs should go down? Your kids probably wear pro soccer jerseys with logos all the time. Is that hurting their moral character? Rolling Eyes

I am puzzled as to why you thing these astronomical costs should NOT go down! Clubs charging $2400-$2800, some giving nothing back AT ALL in the form of tournament $$; charging additional monies for crappy equipment on top of that, (portable goals because the $6000 goals are off limits), relegating practices to sometimes no more than ball-chasing (hope by British friends appreciate my lack of the use of the word "shagging") execises for some boys; charging teams $300 for summer practice fields that aren't available; charging in excess of $400 for a kit, changing colors and styles of reusable items in order to force a new purchase and insisting on additional purchases of items you have too many of already (many, many of you know of whom I speak). The club of which I speak receives many, many "sponsorships," yet fees NEVER go down, only go up, rosters go up, playing time goes down for some, and families are taxed to the limit. Teams are forced to fundraise in order to afford many good players who could not otherwise afford to play in this environment, especially if you have more than one playing.

Every single major club gets you coming and going, not just the one I am referring to here, especially if you don't know what to look for. Team "fact" sheets that are meant to protect the consumer contain no verifiable information and many don't bother to read it anyway.

So what part of this do you agree with, pray tell? Go ahead. Please tell me this is about the development of our kids and providing opportunity. And when you do, please be sure to use information from the text as supporting evidence.

I am at a loss. If you are so upset by the measures that these clubs are taking, why would you support such by having your child play for them? Should you decide to have your child not play for the Texans or Solar or whomever else you rant about, then complain all you would like. However, if you allow your child to play for the respective clubs, quit your bitching...
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 7/2/2012, 12:13 pm

getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

I am at a loss. If you are so upset by the measures that these clubs are taking, why would you support such by having your child play for them? Should you decide to have your child not play for the Texans or Solar or whomever else you rant about, then complain all you would like. However, if you allow your child to play for the respective clubs, quit your bitching...
I don't.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 12:15 pm

getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Funny story: I have been trying to convince myself lately that I really am NOT psychic, but then you go and post exactly what I expected you to.

Let's just say that this isn't the car market, where you can just go and buy the less expensive model, because it probably won't have amenities you require, and it's not the healthcare industry either. There is no alternate value, as Go put so well. Do you bitch when you get a bill from a hospital? I sure do. And I call the billing physician or his/her billing agency and I accuse them of raping the system and overbilling, yes I do.

And let me anticipate you: Soccer is not an imperative as healthcare is, but when you are invested, heavily, for the length of time we have been, and to the extent we have been, sometimes you have to bend over and take it. Does that make it fair? No it does not. And that is the chief reason for my rant, so stick to it.

Hey. I bet you have never "bitched" about the cost of gas either. If you have, may I suggest that you get yourself a bicycle, my good man?
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 7/2/2012, 12:26 pm

bunited wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Funny story: I have been trying to convince myself lately that I really am NOT psychic, but then you go and post exactly what I expected you to.

Let's just say that this isn't the car market, where you can just go and buy the less expensive model, because it probably won't have amenities you require, and it's not the healthcare industry either. There is no alternate value, as Go put so well. Do you bitch when you get a bill from a hospital? I sure do. And I call the billing physician or his/her billing agency and I accuse them of raping the system and overbilling, yes I do.

And let me anticipate you: Soccer is not an imperative as healthcare is, but when you are invested, heavily, for the length of time we have been, and to the extent we have been, sometimes you have to bend over and take it. Does that make it fair? No it does not. And that is the chief reason for my rant, so stick to it.

Hey. I bet you have never "bitched" about the cost of gas either. If you have, may I suggest that you get yourself a bicycle, my good man?

"Alternatives?" Yes, there are always alternatives. You may not wish to accept them, but they are there. It is your own choice. And, until you and the others that are so fed up with the system that you go to those alternatives, things will likely not change. They do not have to. You support the current system sister. And, when I complain about gas prices, I sell my expensive gas guzzling automobile and find a less expensive, more fuel saving alternative. Or, I use my two feet or public transportation. Gas prices are high, but I evaluate the alternatives and stop my crying. As for the medical industry, it is difficult to place a financial price on health or on recovery from an illness. Healthcare is a far too complex issue to even come close to comparing to youth soccer.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 7/2/2012, 12:31 pm

Speaking of free advertising. When you buy a car, the dealership puts their logo on the back. I have them remove it before I leave the lot. I also don't wear the name of another man on my back. I have lots of jerseys, but no one's name except my own.

This has turned into a typical post July 1 conversation where weary parents suffer buyers remorse. Remember, you don't have to pay to play and most shouldn't.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 12:33 pm

getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

"Alternatives?" Yes, there are always alternatives. You may not wish to accept them, but they are there. Again, it is your choice. And, until you and others are so fed up with the system that you go to those alternatives, things will likely not change. They do not have to. You support the current system sister. And, when I complain about gas prices, I sell my expensive gas guzzling automobile and find a less expensive, more fuel saving alternative. Or, I use my two feet or public transportation. Gas prices are high, but I evaluate the alternatives and stop my crying. As for the medical industry, it is difficult to place a financial price on health or on recovery from an illness. Healthcare is a far too complex issue to even come close to comparing to youth soccer.

You know what, you're right. What was I thinking? I am indeed a simpleton with a complete lack of understanding, unworthy of going a couple of rounds in a verbal sparring competition with someone only intent on expressing elitest ideals in an O'Reilly-esque fashion. I promise to go forth and retract all four contracts we just signed under the guise that I am a crybaby.

While I am busy doing that, you should change your moniker from "getafe" to "get a clue." Rolling Eyes
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 7/2/2012, 12:36 pm

Healthy investment, b. Lower you expectations on the roi
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 12:38 pm

finish1 wrote:Speaking of free advertising. When you buy a car, the dealership puts their logo on the back. I have them remove it before I leave the lot. I also don't wear the name of another man on my back. I have lots of jerseys, but no one's name except my own.

This has turned into a typical post July 1 conversation where weary parents suffer buyers remorse. Remember, you don't have to pay to play and most shouldn't.

Right again, Finish. Having said that, why do we all pay to walk about in Nike or Adidas or Hilfiger, or anything? We literally pay for the product and then give free advertising while we go about our daily business, creating fads and trends right and left. How is this different?
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 7/2/2012, 12:40 pm

I wear whatever is least likely to ride up or cause chaffing. I love you
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 12:47 pm

finish1 wrote:Healthy investment, b. Lower you expectations on the roi

Indeed. In reality, the eldest two will pay for their own and have negotiated their own deals. The next two have a very reasonable expectation of playing in college (even if not Duke or UCLA). Trust me when I say this buyer is aware, but even so the sacrifices can take a toll on sanity. Every year I believe more and more that "this will be the year we quit altogether," crawl away and lick our financial wounds, then fate steps in. So you see, I bitch because I can and because it needs to be said. Then again, I am pretty sure I am preaching to the choir; it's just that not everybody is willing to spell it out on this forum for knowledge of the lashing that always follows. I just don't give a happy crap Smile
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 12:48 pm

finish1 wrote:I wear whatever is least likely to ride up or cause chaffing. I love you

You crack me up Smile
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 7/2/2012, 12:51 pm

bunited wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

"Alternatives?" Yes, there are always alternatives. You may not wish to accept them, but they are there. Again, it is your choice. And, until you and others are so fed up with the system that you go to those alternatives, things will likely not change. They do not have to. You support the current system sister. And, when I complain about gas prices, I sell my expensive gas guzzling automobile and find a less expensive, more fuel saving alternative. Or, I use my two feet or public transportation. Gas prices are high, but I evaluate the alternatives and stop my crying. As for the medical industry, it is difficult to place a financial price on health or on recovery from an illness. Healthcare is a far too complex issue to even come close to comparing to youth soccer.

You know what, you're right. What was I thinking? I am indeed a simpleton with a complete lack of understanding, unworthy of going a couple of rounds in a verbal sparring competition with someone only intent on expressing elitest ideals in an O'Reilly-esque fashion. I promise to go forth and retract all four contracts we just signed under the guise that I am a crybaby.

While I am busy doing that, you should change your moniker from "getafe" to "get a clue." Rolling Eyes

I have a clue. I am not the one bitching in spite of signing 4 contracts. I am also far from elitist. I simply weigh options when making decisions. Everything carries a different price and weight. My time is worth too much than to spend it complaining and bitching about the choices of things that I made, calling others names, or getting into a pissing match with the likes of you. My original point was that alternatives exist. You simply decided not to select those alternatives. Quit your bitching.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 7/2/2012, 12:54 pm

getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
bunited wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

I have a clue. I am not the one bitching in spite of signing 4 contracts. I am also far from elitist. I simply weigh options when making decisions. Everything carries a different price and weight. My time is worth too much than to spend it complaining and bitching about the choices of things that I made, calling others names, or getting into a pissing match with the likes of you. My original point was that alternatives exist. You simply decided not to select those alternatives. Quit your bitching.

Is it just me or did you just copy and paste your first 3 responses? You're so vanilla! geek
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2