Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Puma Cup '02 Boys Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Puma Cup '02 Boys

+4
Five 0
love-the-game
Marvelousmar
cowpukesfan
8 posters

Go down

Puma Cup '02 Boys Empty Puma Cup '02 Boys

Post by cowpukesfan 7/21/2012, 6:48 pm

Looks like Liverpool FC America (Owens/Francisco) is dominating Bracket A.
He's doing a good job with these kids.
I'm glad for him.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=23772&GroupID=236183&Gender=Boys&Age=11

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Puma Cup '02 Boys Empty Not to cause a large discussion.

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2012, 8:56 pm

I wouldn't say they are dominating the bracket. ( Especially if you got to watch the games) They have won their games, but domination might not be the correct word of choice. We lost 2 nil. They scored their 1st goal in the first 30 seconds when our central defender had a minor mistake in clearing the ball from the back of the net. They scored their 2nd goal on a clean tackle by my defender that was called a foul when the player sold the foul ( need to give it to them though our kids need to get better at getting calls in their favour) I'm just saying scores alone doesn't tell the result of a games. It is what teams are judged by. It was hot out there but it's going to be a good QT. I think there are a few dominate teams and a set of teams that if your not careful could find some wins and play their way into the league. 2 more weeks ( no guests and you are what you are) and it ( the results) will be what they are. No excuses. Looking forward to it though.

Hopefully it doesn't sprinkle tomorrow so I can get to watch some games at King Tut on Sunday.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Puma Cup '02 Boys Empty Re: Puma Cup '02 Boys

Post by love-the-game 7/21/2012, 9:56 pm

In my opinion... when a team is dominated makes mistakes... Suspect

love-the-game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Five 0 7/21/2012, 10:22 pm

So how did your team do in this tournament marvelous marvin?
Did you win your other games or was it the refs fault too?

Five 0
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Puma Cup '02 Boys Empty I don't remeber saying anything about refs.

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2012, 10:37 pm

Did I say it was the refs fault, I don't recall saying that. I said we were beaten. Maybe that wasn't clear enough for you. What I did say is sometimes the score doesn't really tell the whole story. I have seen games that we have won where we didn't play better and games that we lost that we didn't play worse. That's soccer and really that's sport. I was just stating and observation. The word dominate was used in the explanation and I said they outplayed us and won. 30 seconds into a game is dominating "love of the game” okay maybe for 30 seconds. But even in these short 40 minute games at puma that wouldn't quite meet the description of dominate. 2 nil call a side is not quite dominating it’s a victory. I was simple trying to shed some colour on the match rather than just the score. Since that seems to offend Five 0. I will refrain from such ideas and write to the sports departments across America to only list scores. Since that's all that matters. Let's be sure to remove all the pre-game, post-game and in game coverage on every major sport and just show the highlights. We could cut the American football programs to 1 minute. We could reduce a 90 minute soccer match of a well-played nil-nil game to anthem and end. Since the score was only nil-nil. Thanks Five 0 you have added a whole lot of time to my sports watching fun as now I have been enlightened to understand that only the score matters. The game is of no importance..
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 7/21/2012, 10:44 pm

Oh one more thing five-0. I beleive you could easily click the link above in this thread to find that the results of the game was not as I would have liked. Hence my comment of having the ability to watch king tut. Thanks for being concerned about our team. I wish we could
If all understand that a forum is for discussion. We can learn to discuss without the need to snap at one another in the form of computer communication. Some on this board understand this concept others find that way too difficult.

Anyway have a good night last post from me till after QT. I wish all a safe and fun tourney.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 7/21/2012, 11:03 pm

[quote="Marvelousmar"]Oh one more thing five-0. I beleive you could easily click the link above in this thread to find that the results of the game was not as I would have liked. Hence my comment of having the ability to watch king tut. Thanks for being concerned about our team. I wish we could
If all understand that a forum is for discussion. We can learn to discuss without the need to snap at one another in the form of computer communication. Some on this board understand this concept others find that way too difficult.

Anyway have a good night last post from me till after QT. I wish all a safe and fun tourney. [/quote]

Marvelousmar, my use of the word "dominating" was used because Liverpool shut out every team they played. It was not used to belittle or insult. If you took any kind of offense, I really do apologize since this was not my intention.
Any botched play(s) or call(s) can become a game changer, which appears to be the case here.
I would've love to have caught at least a few of these games, but had tons of yard work to do today.
Good luck in QT and good night.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 7/21/2012, 11:24 pm

It was fun to watch the Liverpool team play. They defend great, move the ball very well, maintian possesion and score. I think this team deserves allot of credit and is well coached. It will be fun to see how they how do at qualifying and wish them much success.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 7/22/2012, 9:08 am

Bill Cower of Pittsburgh Steelers fame had a famous quote "you are your record". If you win every game while not allowing your opponent to score...

All the boys i have coached have heard this. If you go 8-8...then you are an 8-8 team.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 7/22/2012, 10:24 am

[quote="Rightback"]Bill Cower of Pittsburgh Steelers fame had a famous quote "you are your record". If you win every game while not allowing your opponent to score...

All the boys i have coached have heard this. If you go 8-8...then you are an 8-8 team. [/quote]

That's a great quote from a great coach from a great franchise.
My wife's uncle's son-in-law's a STEELERS fan.
He love rubbing our nose in it about them dominating the ring count.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 7/22/2012, 7:11 pm

cowpukesfan wrote:
Rightback wrote:Bill Cower of Pittsburgh Steelers fame had a famous quote "you are your record". If you win every game while not allowing your opponent to score...

All the boys i have coached have heard this. If you go 8-8...then you are an 8-8 team.

We will have to be satisfied that our former coach sits next to Jesus in Heaven...

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 7/22/2012, 8:03 pm

[quote="Rightback"][quote="cowpukesfan"][quote="Rightback"]Bill Cower of Pittsburgh Steelers fame had a famous quote "you are your record". If you win every game while not allowing your opponent to score...

All the boys i have coached have heard this. If you go 8-8...then you are an 8-8 team. [/quote]

He love rubbing our nose in it about them dominating the ring count.[/quote]

We will have to be satisfied that our former coach sits next to Jesus in Heaven...

[/quote]

Huh? "sits next to Jesus in Heaven"?
Chuck Noll's still alive sir.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 02boySoccerMom 7/23/2012, 10:55 am

soccer4fun wrote:It was fun to watch the Liverpool team play. They defend great, move the ball very well, maintian possesion and score. I think this team deserves allot of credit and is well coached. It will be fun to see how they how do at qualifying and wish them much success.

Thank you for that. The team has only been playing together for about 2 weeks. Once all the boys know each others names that'll help. Laughing The core of the team came from FCD. 3 of the new players come from LP-Dalglish. 1 player fresh out of rec with raw talent, rough around the edges - and I can say that b/c he's mine. I love you

Very proud of our showing in Puma Cup. Semi-Finals was a tough loss. Our boys made mistakes, that's for sure, but the ref didn't help at all. It was so blatantly obvious that the coach from opposing team came and apologized and filed a formal complaint on her.
I don't know that the results would have come out any different if the calls were better or not, but it was an incredibly frustrating game to watch. Both teams wanted a fair match and both teams did not get that.

The fun of the tournament came from watching the Mexico fans cheering on their guys. Wow, they have passion, spirit and FUN! Wish we could have met them in finals.

02boySoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 7/23/2012, 12:02 pm

cowpukesfan wrote:
Rightback wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
Rightback wrote:Bill Cower of Pittsburgh Steelers fame had a famous quote "you are your record". If you win every game while not allowing your opponent to score...

Huh? "sits next to Jesus in Heaven"?
Chuck Noll's still alive sir.

Who is Chuck Noll?

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 7/23/2012, 12:12 pm

Sure, Chuck Noll, love his martial arts movies. Heard he owns a restaurant in Waco. The only thing they serve is a knuckle sandwich. Suspect
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 7/23/2012, 1:16 pm

[quote="finish1"]Sure, Chuck Noll, love his martial arts movies. Heard he owns a restaurant in Waco. The only thing they serve is a knuckle sandwich. Suspect [/quote]

LMBO!
lol!

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down