Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

who can compete for 96 top spot ? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

who can compete for 96 top spot ?

+15
soccerdad1
starbucks
CH1
cowpukesfan
off_the_woodwork
Iplaysoccer
omega striker
hammer's dad
Kaivermor
DragonStryker
Keeperdad96
SoccerDunce
odie1993
my2cents
Goooal!!!
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

who can compete for 96 top spot ? - Page 2 Empty Re: who can compete for 96 top spot ?

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/21/2012, 4:12 pm

I said Texans Red would be 2nd or 3rd, but I did say FCDP would be first Laughing

But remember, at the end of the first half today against Ody, it was 1-0 Ody. The biggest scare all year Laughing

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

who can compete for 96 top spot ? - Page 2 Empty Re: who can compete for 96 top spot ?

Post by my2cents 10/21/2012, 5:52 pm

SoccerDunce wrote:Well, well..... After today it seems the only teams that were able to stay even with FCDP were TFC & their Lil bro. The standings show the true rankings. Where are all the Texans fans? Didn't someone pick DT to be 1-2-3 or Red to run away with the top spot and never below 3rd? I can hear a pin drop in D1 with FCDP running the tables!

FCD is definitely taking care of bussiness but having all of 4 shots on goal again DTR the other night and being down 1-0 at the half against ODY is hardly world domination. They are good but despite the large advantage in possession could have lost the DTR game save for a few offsides and some great finger tip saves by the keeper on set pieces. I will agree that I doubt anyone will catch them but I will be surprised if they go undefeated.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/21/2012, 9:09 pm

So despite controlling the entire game, scoring two wonderful goals and DTR having a few offsides, they weren't the better team?

I should clarify, the final score was 6 or 7 to 1 against ody today. The control of the game was
Completely for FCD. I don't know if they'll go undefeated, but I still think the second best team in the league is DTR, and their next game isn't until the spring. Who knows what'll happen then.

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/22/2012, 12:29 pm

Iplaysoccer wrote:So despite controlling the entire game, scoring two wonderful goals and DTR having a few offsides, they weren't the better team?

I should clarify, the final score was 6 or 7 to 1 against ody today. The control of the game was
Completely for FCD. I don't know if they'll go undefeated, but I still think the second best team in the league is DTR, and their next game isn't until the spring. Who knows what'll happen then.

We must have watched 2 different games. Hold the majority of possession ? Yes no doubt. Controlling the entire game ? If being on your heals for much of the first half qualifies as totally controlling, then sure. Two wonderful goals? The first was a well placed shot. It caught the keeper flat footed and at that distance as nice a shot as it was it should have been blocked. The second was a gimme on an open goal after the keeper unsuccessfully came out on an attacker who was moving away from the goal. A wonderful goal is one that makes everyone go "WOW !!", not one that has you rolling your eyes saying "you have to be kidding me".

They were the better team. They played well and took care of business. I congratulate them on a good win but they were not totally dominant by any means.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 10/29/2012, 2:16 pm

Hmm, hmm…..predictions for tomorrow? …..I’ll start:

Golden Team 5 Solar 0
DTR 1 TFC 1
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/29/2012, 8:01 pm

FCDP-3 Solar-0
DTR-3 TFC-2
DTWW-0 Ody-1 (Upset prediction)
AE-1 DTRS-4

My2cents,
Excuse my late response, but I have a question. How can you control the majority possession, but be on "their heels" most of the half/game? I also tend to disagree with you. The first half I felt FCD were more dominant, while the second half I thought play was fairly more open, maybe even siding with DTR.
Now to the goals. You're saying outside of the left foot into side netting from a little outside the arc of the box isnt a good goal? You're also saying taking a backwards touch away from the keeper then turning and attempting to chip the keeper without looking up is pure luck? But let's just not look at the goals them selves. The first goal came from the left wing for FCD attempting to take on the right back, who in turn lost the ball. But instead of going up the field he cleared it for a throw in. Directly after that was brilliant passing that ended in a goal (if you don't consider passing inside the opponents 18 without giving the ball away impressive, then you're obviously not a barca fan). The second goal came from a quick one two in the mid field and a long run from the Center Mid who eventually found himself on goal. He took a bad touch, but was able to completely turn his body around and still chip the keeper, who really wasn't at fault.

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 10/30/2012, 8:44 am

Oh,oh…..I forgot the other 2 games:
DTWW 1 ODY 1 ---I like the upset pick, but cant go that bold yet!
AE 2 DTRS 3
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 10/30/2012, 3:36 pm

DI has been fun so far this year; some teams have played surprisingly well, although FCDP is definitely the team to beat. We had them on their heels, but couldn’t pull it out. We’ve got a great bunch of boys & parents & coach, and are having a great year all around! Glad we all found each other this year!
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/31/2012, 12:01 am

3-2 Comeback against Solar keeps FCDP going at 10-0-0
Also, DTR-3 TFC-2
DTWW beat Ody (didn't really keep score, but ody did score one)
No clue on AE and DTRS

But this pushes DTR up into 3rd, and (granted they get a win against AL) the final day will end up being 2nd vs 3rd to see who claims that second place spot. Sunday will be fun Very Happy

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/31/2012, 7:28 am

As SoccerDunce would say..Well, well, look who has decided to join the party. Welcome back DTR after a slow start.

I am figuring the standings at the end of the day Sunday will look a little closer to normal. FCDP continues to roll, DTR moving up, then TFC and FCDY battling for 3rd. Should be a good game Sat with FCDP vs TFC.

Finally, congrats to DTR for qualifying to be the host club rep for Dallas Cup this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 10/31/2012, 9:16 am

Well, well.....Indeed!,,,,,glad to see ya DTR. Looks like your back on track and steaming towards the top!…How fitting for Halloween, it looks like some teams put a “scare” in the top few!...... BOO! affraid
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/31/2012, 10:01 am

SoccerDunce wrote:Well, well.....Indeed!,,,,,glad to see ya DTR. Looks like your back on track and steaming towards the top!…How fitting for Halloween, it looks like some teams put a “scare” in the top few!...... BOO! affraid
lol!

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/3/2012, 9:22 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:As SoccerDunce would say..Well, well, look who has decided to join the party. Welcome back DTR after a slow start.

I am figuring the standings at the end of the day Sunday will look a little closer to normal. FCDP continues to roll, DTR moving up, then TFC and FCDY battling for 3rd. Should be a good game Sat with FCDP vs TFC.

Finally, congrats to DTR for qualifying to be the host club rep for Dallas Cup this year.

So, anybody know what happened with the FCDP vs TFC match?

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/3/2012, 9:36 pm

I know DTR did take care of business with AL today 2-0 setting up the game for 2nd place tomorrow.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/3/2012, 10:09 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:As SoccerDunce would say..Well, well, look who has decided to join the party. Welcome back DTR after a slow start.

TFC 2 FCDP 0 affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/3/2012, 10:20 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

TFC 2 FCDP 0 affraid

Thought that one would be one to watch since TFC's loss to DTR earlier In the week. I still don't think DTR or TFC can catch FCDP, but at least the top of D1 appears to be more competitive than when the season started.

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 11/4/2012, 7:13 pm

Today's Results:

DTR 2 - FCD Che 0
DT Red South 1 - FCDP 0
DT White West 4 - TFC 1

Looks like spring may be more interesting than everyone thought!
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/4/2012, 8:12 pm

starbucks wrote:Today's Results:

DTR 2 - FCD Che 0
DT Red South 1 - FCDP 0
DT White West 4 - TFC 1

Looks like spring may be more interesting than everyone thought!
yep and FCDP will have their top striker back and another top midfielder8)
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 11/4/2012, 8:34 pm

Where the players injured? BTW congrats on your year!
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/4/2012, 8:59 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:Where the players injured? BTW congrats on your year!
yes sir one with a torn ACL and the other im not too sure:scratch:
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 11/4/2012, 11:13 pm

Well, well .....The golden team is not so golden .....your "striker" will help but the former Texan will not be the answer. Appears the top teams are closely matched. Luckily Texans hosts DC or they would not be considered.
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 11/4/2012, 11:32 pm

SoccerDunce wrote:Well, well .....The golden team is not so golden .....your "striker" will help but the former Texan will not be the answer. Appears the top teams are closely matched. Luckily Texans hosts DC or they would not be considered.

The former Texan has 3 goals in his last 5 games, not bad for joining up late and not being an actual striker (more of a winger).
Also, the injured striker was injured (ankle) in the Solar game while the other I believe is a torn miniscus. Hopefully the team will be fully fit next spring, but for the next few months, it's showcase and high school time Very Happy

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/5/2012, 10:31 am

SoccerDunce wrote:Well, well .....The golden team is not so golden .....your "striker" will help but the former Texan will not be the answer. Appears the top teams are closely matched. Luckily Texans hosts DC or they would not be considered.

And right now DTR is in 2nd place so it seems that they have earned the spot they got.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeperdad96 11/5/2012, 10:52 am

my2cents wrote:

And right now DTR is in 2nd place so it seems that they have earned the spot they got.

FCD and DTR give NTX the best representation at DC in terms of sending the most competitive teams from CL. It looks like that has proven out. cheers

Keeperdad96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/5/2012, 11:26 am

omega striker wrote:

Cmon Omega, just about everyone has had to deal with injuries, not just your boys. That's what happens at this age and why you have a a 22 man roster. I think if you were to take a poll on here, plenty of other teams could tell of key injuries to their squads as well, but have not made excuses for it or whined about it.

FCDP has had a great fall. To expect them to go undefeated is not realistic as lots of teams have improved in D1. Be humble and take the compliments to your team that are being handed out. You are still in first place by 5 points.

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/5/2012, 2:24 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Cmon Omega, just about everyone has had to deal with injuries, not just your boys. That's what happens at this age and why you have a a 22 man roster. I think if you were to take a poll on here, plenty of other teams could tell of key injuries to their squads as well, but have not made excuses for it or whined about it.

FCDP has had a great fall. To expect them to go undefeated is not realistic as lots of teams have improved in D1. Be humble and take the compliments to your team that are being handed out. You are still in first place by 5 points.
lol this is why you should read before you post, i never said they would go undefeated i originally said they would score on everybody which they did,the truth here is the missing striker is my cousins son and humble is the only thing i have been,its you and the people like you who wrote them off in the beginning and not have NO CHOICE but swallow a big ol' gulp of 'humble pie" and for the record and please re-read the compliments are only being said now because FCD premier is in 1st place tongue

Last edited by omega striker on 11/5/2012, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next