Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Luna & Leyva Cut by FCD? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Luna & Leyva Cut by FCD?

+13
00dad
bigtex75081
plantit
peregrino
The German
omega striker
finish1
Soccerinsanity
Axxman
go99
odie1993
Laimport
PG-Boy
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Luna & Leyva Cut by FCD? Empty Luna & Leyva Cut by FCD?

Post by PG-Boy 11/6/2012, 12:30 pm

Tweet by DRobertsonFCD: His Twitter quotes...

"FC Dallas has declined the options on Bryan Leyva, Ruben Luna, Bruno Guarda and Matias Jara...story to come soon.

Leyva and Luna are a bit of a surprise, but perhaps there is a message being sent to current and future HGs...have reaction from Schel
las"

Last edited by PG-Boy on 11/6/2012, 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Luna & Leyva Cut by FCD? Empty Re: Luna & Leyva Cut by FCD?

Post by Laimport 11/6/2012, 1:08 pm

Sounds like piss poor player management to me.

They need to give these players a legit shot and more importantly, time...instead of recycling the same old retreads...

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 11/6/2012, 1:34 pm

awesome...FCD will have more 30+ year old this upcoming season...youth is stupid to have on the soccer pitch... Question
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 11/6/2012, 2:46 pm

Consider the FCD players that bypassed the 'Home Grown' program for college seem to be flourishing…

http://www.bigdsoccer.com/2012/11/6/3608182/fc-dallas-academy-london-woodberry-mikey-ambrose

The HG players lose college eligibility, right? So if they are cut from the pro club while still teenagers, they are out of college playing options.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/6/2012, 2:54 pm

thats not entirely true. They don't sutomatically lose elgibility. Besides I believe Luna was attending SMU and with the money he made he could afford to pay for his own college. Oh! I thought you said they were flourishing scratch Both players are still just playing college ball and no closer to making it is a professional than luna or leyva. Really this says more about the management and head coach of FCD than anything. How long can he hold on to his job just because he is a friend of the family? Great, another year of not buying tickets for me
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/6/2012, 3:02 pm

You hit the nail on the head GO. Another instance where politics is killing the team. The one that clearly needs to go is Schellas and all of his cronies. Unfortunately, the ship may have to sink completely before the owner sees the light. But at this rate, it may not be much longer.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/6/2012, 3:16 pm

only in america and more specifically do you sign a teen for high 5 figures a year, he lead your reserve league in scoring, and then you refuse to give him major minutes so you can showcase his to boost his value to be sold. Having trouble finding the number so it can't be much. Any idea how much winning the MLS cup is worth? I doubt it is worth as much as a high profile teen player. FCD is becoming the place where soccer comes to die. If you are about 30 and of little regard, get yourself a jersey and finish of your lackluster career with a college coach in mediocrity
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 11/6/2012, 3:19 pm

GO...explain, please?

If they have a pro contract, how can they play for SMU? Isn't that a violation of NCAA rules?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/6/2012, 3:26 pm

well to paraphrase the rule as it was changed for soccer. They can be signed to a pro contract but as long as they don't actually collect the salary they keep their amature status. Basically you don't lose it until you actually take the money. It was a push from the soccer side that kids needed to be able to take a shot a pro at a younger age but this allowed them to do it without risking everything. I believe both of those players are inelgible. The keeper may still be elgible and I wouldn't be surprised if kellyn acosta is also still elgible. You will often see the difference where say Luna was close to 6 figures the keeper Sanchez was more like 25k. I could look uo the specific rule but I have been up all night playing Halo 4 and caffiene supplies are running low
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/6/2012, 4:02 pm

Luna made about $85k this year and Leyva around $75k.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/6/2012, 4:12 pm

go99 wrote:only in america and more specifically do you sign a teen for high 5 figures a year, he lead your reserve league in scoring, and then you refuse to give him major minutes so you can showcase his to boost his value to be sold. Having trouble finding the number so it can't be much. Any idea how much winning the MLS cup is worth? I doubt it is worth as much as a high profile teen player. FCD is becoming the place where soccer comes to die. If you are about 30 and of little regard, get yourself a jersey and finish of your lackluster career with a college coach in mediocrity

You nailed it go.

This will just fuel the fire that parents will keep buying into that "college is the safest and therefore best option"...even for the most gifted of players.

Hopefully more and more American kids will get picked up by Euro and South American clubs....so that they can develop in a better venue.

Of course this is also another reason to despise and otherwise resent MLS.

Oh well....guess it's time to check out lacrosse...

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/6/2012, 4:30 pm

from third degree and pretty much spot on....

M Bryan Leyva Some might say cutting Leyva, the first homegrown player in FCD history is a big deal, especially since he did get a run with the first team earlier in 2012. But taking a closer look, it’s really not. Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman has been saying for years that the young midfielder needed to not only become a better two-way player but that he also had to raise his fitness level. While he has made progression in both areas, three years has been more than enough for him to show he’s ready for regular play with the first team, which is why this decision was made.
F Ruben Luna Everyone remembers the first time we saw Luna playing for the FCD Academy in what seems not that long ago. He was clearly a man among boys in that setting. In reality, that was nearly three years ago. Dallas signed Luna as a homegrown player in July 2010 and while like Leyva, he showed some flashes, more than anything he proved to be another player who could not handle an uptick in competition level. Add in the fact that a recent loan to San Antonio didn’t go very well and it’s not hard to see why this move was made.
If one views these moves strictly from a business standpoint, these decisions make sense. Here are four guys who didn’t play much at all in terms of minutes with the first team in 2012 and who honestly weren’t going to figure into the club’s future. So why keep them on a day longer? No matter the sport, teams that fail to churn the bottom of their roster on a regular basis have players who get too comfortable, which often leads to complacency and in many cases total stagnation. We wish all these guys luck but things just didn’t work out here for any of them and that’s just the way it goes sometimes.
Keep in mind as well, that not picking up an option doens’t mean the player can’t be brought back. MLS teams retain player rights until they are waived, and even after they clear waivers if they haven’t been in the league long enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/6/2012, 4:45 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:from third degree and pretty much spot on....

M Bryan Leyva Some might say cutting Leyva, the first homegrown player in FCD history is a big deal, especially since he did get a run with the first team earlier in 2012. But taking a closer look, it’s really not. Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman has been saying for years that the young midfielder needed to not only become a better two-way player but that he also had to raise his fitness level. While he has made progression in both areas, three years has been more than enough for him to show he’s ready for regular play with the first team, which is why this decision was made.
F Ruben Luna Everyone remembers the first time we saw Luna playing for the FCD Academy in what seems not that long ago. He was clearly a man among boys in that setting. In reality, that was nearly three years ago. Dallas signed Luna as a homegrown player in July 2010 and while like Leyva, he showed some flashes, more than anything he proved to be another player who could not handle an uptick in competition level. Add in the fact that a recent loan to San Antonio didn’t go very well and it’s not hard to see why this move was made.
If one views these moves strictly from a business standpoint, these decisions make sense. Here are four guys who didn’t play much at all in terms of minutes with the first team in 2012 and who honestly weren’t going to figure into the club’s future. So why keep them on a day longer? No matter the sport, teams that fail to churn the bottom of their roster on a regular basis have players who get too comfortable, which often leads to complacency and in many cases total stagnation. We wish all these guys luck but things just didn’t work out here for any of them and that’s just the way it goes sometimes.
Keep in mind as well, that not picking up an option doens’t mean the player can’t be brought back. MLS teams retain player rights until they are waived, and even after they clear waivers if they haven’t been in the league long enough.

I get your point. However, when you look at MLS as a whole, they seriously need to revamp their way of doing business. I mean, 16 and 17 years...has the level been raised much at all?

They need to scrap about 90% of their DP's. Hell, even totally rethink their DP policy.

And they damn sure need to get serious about youth development.

To be fair, I haven't kept up with these players. But, sometimes players either peak early or just can't raise their standard of play. Or both.

Being great at 17-18 is still a far cry from being a successful pro at say, 24-28.

One thing is certain, if you don't give them that opportunity, it will never happen.

Disconcerting IMHO.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/6/2012, 4:53 pm

wow so how do they expect them to show if they barely get time do anything? and its not like the FCD pro team is any good? did they make the playoff's? and as far as marketting their top players one thing i saw a few weeks back that made me wonder........David ferreira was at richland apparently to watch his kid play and i watch people just walk by him like he was just another parent i didnt even recognize him until Go99 pointed him out!affraid now isnt he FCD's franchise player? if that would have been Tony Romo,Josh Hamilton,or Dirk Nowitski(sp) people would have mobbed them! so this being pointed out whats wrong with this scene? discuss............
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/6/2012, 6:24 pm

omega striker wrote:wow so how do they expect them to show if they barely get time do anything? and its not like the FCD pro team is any good? did they make the playoff's? and as far as marketting their top players one thing i saw a few weeks back that made me wonder........David ferreira was at richland apparently to watch his kid play and i watch people just walk by him like he was just another parent i didnt even recognize him until Go99 pointed him out!affraid now isnt he FCD's franchise player? if that would have been Tony Romo,Josh Hamilton,or Dirk Nowitski(sp) people would have mobbed them! so this being pointed out whats wrong with this scene? discuss............
What's wrong with the picture is you and Go spending time together. JK. Laughing
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/6/2012, 6:26 pm

I will not say that either one of those players will make it as a pro. A lesson to all young players is that being signed to the pro team is just the first step not the destination. I will say that your potential to sell both of those players is way higher than Blas Perez or that joke of a DP they picked up. Both players have absolutely no value
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrino 11/6/2012, 10:05 pm

coach Schellas Hyndman sucks!!! He is who has to move on from the team. Oscar Pareja should be the coach, he knows better than anybody the whole youth system in FCD.
The team have many years playing horrible with this coach Schellas.

peregrino
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/6/2012, 11:38 pm

peregrino wrote:coach Schellas Hyndman sucks!!! He is who has to move on from the team. Oscar Pareja should be the coach, he knows better than anybody the whole youth system in FCD.

Agree!

See that stadium over there? Thats the goal we aspire to have you reach.. Such a crock of s* ! Beware DA, PA you can keep drinking the kool-aid or you can just say f-it and have fun. More time to enjoy the other things in life w/ your kids . Schellas will sign and start PELE & Maradona before your kid gets a shot . My kid could pick a better FIFA 13 team than him. Face it the pro team and the youth system are not on the same page, so all of it is just one big F'in circle JERK..
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/7/2012, 6:48 am

plantit wrote:
peregrino wrote:coach Schellas Hyndman sucks!!! He is who has to move on from the team. Oscar Pareja should be the coach, he knows better than anybody the whole youth system in FCD.

Agree!

See that stadium over there? Thats the goal we aspire to have you reach.. Such a crock of s* ! Beware DA, PA you can keep drinking the kool-aid or you can just say f-it and have fun. More time to enjoy the other things in life w/ your kids . Schellas will sign and start PELE & Maradona before your kid gets a shot . My kid could pick a better FIFA 13 team than him. Face it the pro team and the youth system are not on the same page, so all of it is just one big F'in circle JERK..

so i assume other teams will scoop these players up, give them significant playing time and show just how stupid hyndman was right? sorry not going to hold my breath. You got to show you belong in the big leagues and these two didnt. not sure what you want, automatic starts just because you came up through the fc dallas system? No coach could have done well with the rash of injuries fcd had this seasonand Parejas finished below Hyndman and you want him as coach? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 11/7/2012, 7:15 am

I think what gets me thinking is the fact FCD markets the Home Grown product as a big plus to join the youth club. Then quietly dumps one of the first (high profile) big fish they signed. The FCD Youth web page still trumpets Mr. Leyva on the front page. I wonder how the webpage will mention Luna and Leyva.

Let's see how the first team handles the next HG prodigy, Jonathon Top. Will he get real playing time or token minutes?

I still have high hopes FCD is building a solid academy. I'm under no illusion it will be an Ajax or Barcelona level in the short-term.

The HG boys need a lot of competitive time on the field or they will wilt on the vine. Bringing in too many overpaid, underperforming & aging DPs will destroy the HG program.

Isn't it Ajax with their 4 million Euro line-up playing well against the 150 Euro line-up of Man City in the Champions League. Ajax fielded 8 HG players against Man City's mercenaries.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/7/2012, 7:48 am

PG-Boy wrote:I think what gets me thinking is the fact FCD markets the Home Grown product as a big plus to join the youth club. Then quietly dumps one of the first (high profile) big fish they signed. The FCD Youth web page still trumpets Mr. Leyva on the front page. I wonder how the webpage will mention Luna and Leyva.

Let's see how the first team handles the next HG prodigy, Jonathon Top. Will he get real playing time or token minutes?

I still have high hopes FCD is building a solid academy. I'm under no illusion it will be an Ajax or Barcelona level in the short-term.

The HG boys need a lot of competitive time on the field or they will wilt on the vine. Bringing in too many overpaid, underperforming & aging DPs will destroy the HG program.

Isn't it Ajax with their 4 million Euro line-up playing well against the 150 Euro line-up of Man City in the Champions League. Ajax fielded 8 HG players against Man City's mercenaries.

Excellent points sir! Man City drew yesterday but it sure as hell wasn't pretty.

I hate to call for mandates, but I think it should be mandatory that MLS teams have to sign and play HG players...How many, I'm not sure. It seems to work in Scotland. You'll often see 17-19 yr olds on the pitch. And they can play! because there was more than a piecemeal investment made in them.

If MLS does it right, they'll make a lot more in transfer fees than the handful of extra tickets they get with DP's.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/7/2012, 8:07 am

Laimport wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:I think what gets me thinking is the fact FCD markets the Home Grown product as a big plus to join the youth club. Then quietly dumps one of the first (high profile) big fish they signed. The FCD Youth web page still trumpets Mr. Leyva on the front page. I wonder how the webpage will mention Luna and Leyva.

Excellent points sir! Man City drew yesterday but it sure as hell wasn't pretty.

I hate to call for mandates, but I think it should be mandatory that MLS teams have to sign and play HG players...How many, I'm not sure. It seems to work in Scotland. You'll often see 17-19 yr olds on the pitch. And they can play! because there was more than a piecemeal investment made in them.

If MLS does it right, they'll make a lot more in transfer fees than the handful of extra tickets they get with DP's.

They also mandated it in Mexico. It is credited as one of the reasons for the turnaround for the Mexican National team.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/7/2012, 8:31 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
plantit wrote:

Agree!

so i assume other teams will scoop these players up, give them significant playing time and show just how stupid hyndman was right? sorry not going to hold my breath. You got to show you belong in the big leagues and these two didnt. not sure what you want, automatic starts just because you came up through the fc dallas system? No coach could have done well with the rash of injuries fcd had this seasonand Parejas finished below Hyndman and you want him as coach? scratch

You should expect injuries when you field a team of social security recipients. But here's the question. What's a MLS championship worth? Other than the revenue from a few extra games I can't find any value. Players are the value and it's not about those two players. They couldn't even market one of the most high profile young players in the US Brek Shea.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/7/2012, 8:50 am

go99 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
plantit wrote:

Agree!

You should expect injuries when you field a team of social security recipients. But here's the question. What's a MLS championship worth? Other than the revenue from a few extra games I can't find any value. Players are the value and it's not about those two players. They couldn't even market one of the most high profile young players in the US Brek Shea.
1. Brek Shea was injured.
2. Brek Shea has to try harder on defense.

It seems like every time I watch him play his defense gets worse. He's fantastic on the attack but as soon as the ball gets behind him, he instantly flips the "OFF" switch and starts to walk. I hate that about his game.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/7/2012, 9:04 am

go99 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
plantit wrote:

Agree!

So the purpose of the franchise is to sell players to other teams not win championships? That's a pretty ridiculous argument even coming from you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next