Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules?

+6
crazyET
TxHunter
DragonStryker
futbolfiend
Laimport
TEK2000
10 posters

Go down

Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules? Empty Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules?

Post by TEK2000 11/19/2012, 9:42 am

Anyone have any idea when the Bobby Rhine schedules will be out?

TEK2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules? Empty Re: Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules?

Post by Laimport 11/19/2012, 9:50 am

Supposed to be out tomorrow.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules? Empty Re: Bobby Rhine Invitational schedules?

Post by futbolfiend 11/19/2012, 7:58 pm

Laimport wrote:Supposed to be out tomorrow.

They are out

http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=24045

anbody ready to start another 11 page thread?
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 11/19/2012, 8:10 pm

Ok, ETXP, here's your chance.

Lets see what you're made of.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxHunter 11/20/2012, 7:07 am

Looking at the teams playing, many of the teams that played DT Fall Festival would have been better served to play Bobby Rhine if they wanted a better chance at making Dallas Cup. IMO - a weaker tournament group. Surprised not to see Solar PA other than U14's playing - DT PA's should have played. Not sure if Smith and Hassan will use their clout with Dallas Cup to receive "alternate" bids for those teams.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 11/20/2012, 9:06 am

TxHunter wrote:Looking at the teams playing, many of the teams that played DT Fall Festival would have been better served to play Bobby Rhine if they wanted a better chance at making Dallas Cup. IMO - a weaker tournament group. Surprised not to see Solar PA other than U14's playing - DT PA's should have played. Not sure if Smith and Hassan will use their clout with Dallas Cup to receive "alternate" bids for those teams.
Conflicts with Disney.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 11/20/2012, 9:07 am

I don't hear Lame crying yet about the Bobby Rhine draw?
Oh, I know why
I say there are 6 bad teams (no offense meant to these teams)
Let me call them "not top of the line" teams to be politically correct instead of bad
As in NO chance
And they put 3 of them in ETX's group
Are you kidding me?

ETX if you do not get 30 points out of that group do not even attempt to say your team would be anything more than an average D2 team here
At U12 my son played down in Austin and we played many teams in the Austin/San Antonio and the Houston area
Aus/SA had one really good team (mid D1 up here team)
Houston had 2
My son played on a D1 team down there that was mid-table and I promise you up here it would have been a low D2 team at best
And last weekend one of the better Houston teams was in DTFF and finished tied for last in the group (I guess technically 3rd on GD now that I remember 4th was a d2 team)

In order:
FCD PA, RayRay, TFC Royal, south texas team
FCD Blue, Andro, Am Premier, TFC
FCD Central, FCD Gold, Tx Light, south texas team
ETX, FCD El Paso, Mexico, Rattlers

FCD PA beats etx
FCD Blue beats fcd central

FCD Blue wins this one

Team Rank for this tourney
A - 1, 6, 7, 13
B - 2, 5, 8, 10
C - 3, 4, 11, 15
D - 9, 12,14, 16

Toughest Groups in order, B, A, C, D (every team in this group would be last in A, last in B and 3rd or 4th in C)

Lame, please come on here and demand to play FCD PA or FCD Blue in group play
Heck ask for us
I cant believe you get to cake walk to semis
I can already see 11 pages of you crowing over playing nobody
But saying "we went to bobby rhine and handled our group"
"We were short 9 starters and still got to semis"
"we demand to be placed in MLS Cup playoffs I mean Dallas Cup"
Yada Yada
Let the next 11 pages begin..........

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 11/20/2012, 9:18 am

futbolfiend wrote:
Laimport wrote:Supposed to be out tomorrow.

They are out

http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=24045

anbody ready to start another 11 page thread?
I thought you couldn't participate in Bobby Rhine for some reason? I guess whatever conflict you had cleared up.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfiend 11/20/2012, 9:22 am

ok Page 1:

yeah I am surprised at the draw. I don't have any illusions of grandeur. Football playoffs on Friday impact our roster for game 1 enough said on that. My best take is simply that all the teams in D are unknown quantities and potential bracket busters including ETX. They may shine or they may stink but let them fight it out amongst themselves so we only have to deal with one of them and then send them up against A winner (FCD PA) and end the threat right there. For me (and this is my opinion) just wanted 3 games against the top level NTX metro teams and see where we stand. I use TFC Blue as a quasi proxy for us in the DTFF and I saw they drew all 3 bracket games. In a way even if we make it out of bracket it still doesn't answer the question of where we are because FCD PA (especially if they are stacking it with late 96's..whats the deal with that anyway)are not your typical top tier CL D1 team-- These STX teams (especially El Paso)could surprise all of us and leave ETX with serious egg on its face. Just happy for the boys they get the chance to compete. Come by and say hi, gloat or make fun I'll have Laimport chained down so no worries Smile
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 11/20/2012, 9:39 am

FF we all play at same time so I won't see any of etx games
unless we both make it to finals
the fcd pa stacking is weak i know
happened last week as you heard
I too wish you got to play real dfw teams
not crappy non north texas teams (no offense again)
fcd el paso may be decent but i have a friend out west that has seen them play recently and well you shouldnt worry if you are truly on par with tfc blue

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 11/20/2012, 9:43 am

FF and/or Lame
please come by before or after if you want and say hi to me
I will be a 5'8" big dude prob wearing a baseball hat
just say are you m span
and if you look realy tough i will point to someone else Very Happy
jk
ask for Philip when you find our team

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/20/2012, 1:06 pm

mspan02 wrote:I don't hear Lame crying yet about the Bobby Rhine draw?
Oh, I know why
I say there are 6 bad teams (no offense meant to these teams)
Let me call them "not top of the line" teams to be politically correct instead of bad
As in NO chance
And they put 3 of them in ETX's group
Are you kidding me?

ETX if you do not get 30 points out of that group do not even attempt to say your team would be anything more than an average D2 team here
At U12 my son played down in Austin and we played many teams in the Austin/San Antonio and the Houston area
Aus/SA had one really good team (mid D1 up here team)
Houston had 2
My son played on a D1 team down there that was mid-table and I promise you up here it would have been a low D2 team at best
And last weekend one of the better Houston teams was in DTFF and finished tied for last in the group (I guess technically 3rd on GD now that I remember 4th was a d2 team)

In order:
FCD PA, RayRay, TFC Royal, south texas team
FCD Blue, Andro, Am Premier, TFC
FCD Central, FCD Gold, Tx Light, south texas team
ETX, FCD El Paso, Mexico, Rattlers

FCD PA beats etx
FCD Blue beats fcd central

FCD Blue wins this one

Team Rank for this tourney
A - 1, 6, 7, 13
B - 2, 5, 8, 10
C - 3, 4, 11, 15
D - 9, 12,14, 16

Toughest Groups in order, B, A, C, D (every team in this group would be last in A, last in B and 3rd or 4th in C)

Lame, please come on here and demand to play FCD PA or FCD Blue in group play
Heck ask for us
I cant believe you get to cake walk to semis
I can already see 11 pages of you crowing over playing nobody
But saying "we went to bobby rhine and handled our group"
"We were short 9 starters and still got to semis"
"we demand to be placed in MLS Cup playoffs I mean Dallas Cup"
Yada Yada
Let the next 11 pages begin..........

man, you've got a big mouth for a guy that's 5"8...LMAO!

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/20/2012, 1:28 pm

mspan02 wrote:FF and/or Lame
just say are you m span
jk
I'll be right behind you Philip and back you up.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfiend 11/20/2012, 1:41 pm

best of luck to all participants Smile see you this weekend
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 11/20/2012, 2:15 pm

Thx TG

If ETX wins game 1 I know lame-o will run over to find me and tell me how great they did
If the lose then he will say he stayed in lousy anna
Smile

Just yanking your chain laimport
(really all I want is 11 pages again)

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 11/20/2012, 2:27 pm

mspan02 wrote:Thx TG

If ETX wins game 1 I know lame-o will run over to find me and tell me how great they did
If the lose then he will say he stayed in lousy anna
Smile

Just yanking your chain laimport
(really all I want is 11 pages again)

I'm not discussing the team, the draw, the tournament, etc.

If you want to continue the argument/chain yanking/banter, whatever term you want to use...then look me up at the fields.

I'll be the 6'3 gringo with a beard...

As far as 11 pages, you are on your own.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/21/2012, 12:18 pm

futbolfiend wrote:ok Page 1:

yeah I am surprised at the draw. I don't have any illusions of grandeur. Football playoffs on Friday impact our roster for game 1 enough said on that. My best take is simply that all the teams in D are unknown quantities and potential bracket busters including ETX. They may shine or they may stink but let them fight it out amongst themselves so we only have to deal with one of them and then send them up against A winner (FCD PA) and end the threat right there. For me (and this is my opinion) just wanted 3 games against the top level NTX metro teams and see where we stand. I use TFC Blue as a quasi proxy for us in the DTFF and I saw they drew all 3 bracket games. In a way even if we make it out of bracket it still doesn't answer the question of where we are because FCD PA (especially if they are stacking it with late 96's..whats the deal with that anyway)are not your typical top tier CL D1 team-- These STX teams (especially El Paso)could surprise all of us and leave ETX with serious egg on its face. Just happy for the boys they get the chance to compete. Come by and say hi, gloat or make fun I'll have Laimport chained down so no worries Smile

The pre-DA is birth year so they can bring the late 96s down to the 97 NTSSA age group as that is the proper age group for them in non-DA play. They are the same age as your August thru December birth date players.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 11/21/2012, 12:39 pm

The German wrote:
mspan02 wrote:FF and/or Lame
just say are you m span
jk
I'll be right behind you Philip and back you up.

Man I hope I get to see some of these games. I am with you mspan. I think ETXP did get the easiest draw but FCD EL P will be a tough task. I love the underdogs so I will be routing for ETXP.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfiend 11/21/2012, 4:39 pm

my2cents wrote:

The pre-DA is birth year so they can bring the late 96s down to the 97 NTSSA age group as that is the proper age group for them in non-DA play. They are the same age as your August thru December birth date players.

I may have used a poor word choice in that it was not my intent to imply that the PA's were guilty of some infraction. I understand how the different age brackets work beteen PA/DA and USYSA. I was just curious because I thought I had read that for the DC Cup qualifiers (or maybe it was DC Cup) that the PA had to use its regularly rostered players and a late 96 would be on a 96 PA roster not a 97 although he could certainly be a guest player on a USYSA roster.

But from reading others posts now my curiosity is piqued again. so :

1. What percentage of PA's are dual rostered with a USYSA team (probably a CL D1 team)
2. Can they participate for both teams in the same tournament
3. What is the rational bringing in the late birth year PA's to a later year PA team, is it a question of helping them get more playing time. Does it upset team chemistry or is their slight age advantage and maturation offset it

No right answers just morbid curiosity.. hope our boys show up so we can find out for ourselves...

Happy Thanksgiving to all
FF
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/21/2012, 7:38 pm

futbolfiend wrote:
my2cents wrote:

I may have used a poor word choice in that it was not my intent to imply that the PA's were guilty of some infraction. I understand how the different age brackets work beteen PA/DA and USYSA. I was just curious because I thought I had read that for the DC Cup qualifiers (or maybe it was DC Cup) that the PA had to use its regularly rostered players and a late 96 would be on a 96 PA roster not a 97 although he could certainly be a guest player on a USYSA roster.

But from reading others posts now my curiosity is piqued again. so :

1. What percentage of PA's are dual rostered with a USYSA team (probably a CL D1 team)
2. Can they participate for both teams in the same tournament
3. What is the rational bringing in the late birth year PA's to a later year PA team, is it a question of helping them get more playing time. Does it upset team chemistry or is their slight age advantage and maturation offset it

No right answers just morbid curiosity.. hope our boys show up so we can find out for ourselves...

Happy Thanksgiving to all
FF

Cant answer for sure as mine said nay to the whole PA/DA deal. But...

#2 Really doubt it. Tournments that allow both types of rostered team usually stipulate that a player can not play for more than one team.

#3 Make no doubt about it, despite the selling points ofdevelopment, development, development,they are in to win it.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down