Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Cup Fields (UTD) - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Cup Fields (UTD)

+19
TEK2000
finish1
rvpformvp
allen04
Number13
plantit
twotone
Rooneyhasplugs
Maradona
Ibystander
go99
trmntr1
Real Barcelona
Plano0301
pwip
OldTrafford
PG-Boy
Soccerinsanity
TxHunter
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dallas Cup Fields (UTD) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Cup Fields (UTD)

Post by Ibystander 3/26/2013, 12:22 pm

go99 wrote:I hope it stays in Dallas and never goes back up to Frisco and certianly not the nightmare of arlington.
I'm with ya, there. I'd never find my way to the games if they moved it to Arlington What a Face
Having said that, bb played at FCD last year, and UTD this year. He really prefers to be in Frisco, but then again, he's a suburbanite.

Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 3/26/2013, 12:25 pm

Maybe he is just enjoying the $70.00 gained in saving gas from not having to drive to Frisco? Frisco is a fringe, not a "center" of the DFW Metroplex. Also, might just be that the DC officials find it easier to get sponsors when the tourney is in the BIG city?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/26/2013, 12:28 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Maybe he is just enjoying the $70.00 gained in saving gas from not having to drive to Frisco? Frisco is a fringe, not a "center" of the DFW Metroplex. Also, might just be that the DC officials find it easier to get sponsors when the tourney is in the BIG city?

i would love to have a secret questionnaire sent to all the teams asking them where they would like to play next year after flying thousands of miles, a great facility in frisco or being schlepped to crappy utd fields and richland then the cotton bowl. i bet i know the answer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 3/26/2013, 12:28 pm

trmntr1 wrote: Funny, I was at Harold Patterson in Arlington this past weekend and those fields are green and plush as can be.... That park has around 24 full size fields, with plenty of entertainment within a close proximity of it..... Why not consider that park for next year?....

I know TX Lightning has its showcase this weekend, but I'm sure that could be worked around.....

That's good to hear. I played at Patterson fields for many years and the fields were in horrible shape. Have they done anything about parking spaces?...hard to imagine how they could co-host the DC with that parking problem I imagine they still have...

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2013, 12:30 pm

well I am only talking about the cotton bowl here and the brazillian were quite happy to be playing on the same field that the brazillian national team played. As far as richland goes its been there for years and teams still keep coming. It's the Dallas cup and they should keep it in Dallas. Besides next year they may have the elm fork soccer complex open off stemmons and wallnut hill. They could condense all of the games to there and the cotton bowl. The worst thing that can happen to the DC is poor competition not fields. Thats why we have seen the number of automatic bids here come down.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 3/26/2013, 1:14 pm

Maradona wrote:
trmntr1 wrote: Funny, I was at Harold Patterson in Arlington this past weekend and those fields are green and plush as can be.... That park has around 24 full size fields, with plenty of entertainment within a close proximity of it..... Why not consider that park for next year?....

I know TX Lightning has its showcase this weekend, but I'm sure that could be worked around.....

That's good to hear. I played at Patterson fields for many years and the fields were in horrible shape. Have they done anything about parking spaces?...hard to imagine how they could co-host the DC with that parking problem I imagine they still have...

Parking/Traffic is the only thing I had not taken into consideration.... Yes parking would probably be a nightmare, not enough of it.... Throw in the surrounding traffic and you have a recipe for disaster....

Kinda of like our recent trip to Disney.... We were within walking distance of an outlet mall and 5 miles from ESPN complex. it took almost an hour to get there and back....
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 3/26/2013, 1:55 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:I hope it stays in Dallas and never goes back up to Frisco and certianly not the nightmare of arlington.

sounds like you have some problems with frisco, wonder what your real reason is...
whiny suburbanites sounds like code for "white people" to me....

of course it is...he's racist and always bags on the white folk.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTrafford 3/26/2013, 3:15 pm

pwip wrote:
OldTrafford wrote:We had a 6:00 start time at UTD. By the time the game was completed, we were in total darkness. Oh, yes, the fields did have lights, but they were not turned on until everyone was leaving the field. There was no game after us, so it was quite a kick in the crotch to see the field illuminated AFTER we had played in the dark for nearly half an hour.

Congratulations Dallas Cup! It only took you two days to turn this storied event into a joke.

As a Dallas resident, this was truly embarrassing.

Good gosh, over-dramatic much?

So its acceptable to play in the dark (7:45) when the field is capable of being lit?
OldTrafford
OldTrafford
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pwip 3/26/2013, 5:11 pm

OldTrafford wrote:
pwip wrote:
OldTrafford wrote:We had a 6:00 start time at UTD. By the time the game was completed, we were in total darkness. Oh, yes, the fields did have lights, but they were not turned on until everyone was leaving the field. There was no game after us, so it was quite a kick in the crotch to see the field illuminated AFTER we had played in the dark for nearly half an hour.

Congratulations Dallas Cup! It only took you two days to turn this storied event into a joke.

As a Dallas resident, this was truly embarrassing.

Good gosh, over-dramatic much?

So its acceptable to play in the dark (7:45) when the field is capable of being lit?

Are you related to Ted Cruz?

pwip
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2013, 5:19 pm

Rooneyhasplugs wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

sounds like you have some problems with frisco, wonder what your real reason is...

of course it is...he's racist and always bags on the white folk.

Nope sorry not code for white folkes and no problem with frisco specifically other than the suburbs suck (yes I am looking at you too plano). Besides I am not a racist. Some of my best friends as white. LMAO
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2013, 5:26 pm

but seriously I think you guys are just a bunch of sheltered, whiny, crybabies. FCD can't field the stadium because its way out in Frisco. The Dallas cup sucks because it's not in frisco. I mean what is it. Instead of the questionnare how about you guys put your money where your mouth is. If it is that bad you should all just refuse to play it next year. Somehow I doubt the DC will have trouble fielding teams. The girls play on the UTD fields all year but I can understand it is a little too tough for your little prince's. Oh and for the record if your kids can't play on the less than pristine fields at UTD its because they aren't very good
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 3/26/2013, 6:09 pm

Perhaps the girls LHCL will get better playing surfaces as a result of the DC and discussion taking place on this topic.

The girls have been short-changed for a very long time. They are still using Moss and the wavy hard pitches at Railroad in Lewisville. Some games, they are fortunate enough to play at Chinn Chapel in Flower Mound.

Dallas Cup will have a year to fix the UTD issue before the next edition.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/26/2013, 6:17 pm

go99 wrote:but seriously I think you guys are just a bunch of sheltered, whiny, crybabies. FCD can't field the stadium because its way out in Frisco. The Dallas cup sucks because it's not in frisco. I mean what is it. Instead of the questionnare how about you guys put your money where your mouth is. If it is that bad you should all just refuse to play it next year. Somehow I doubt the DC will have trouble fielding teams. The girls play on the UTD fields all year but I can understand it is a little too tough for your little prince's. Oh and for the record if your kids can't play on the less than pristine fields at UTD its because they aren't very good

Ridiculous, even for you......

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2013, 6:29 pm

what? Nobody forces you to play DC. Don't like the fields then don't go. If enough people agree with you then they will have trouble getting quality teams and will be forced to make changes. My guess is it doesn't matter that much and if your team bows out there will be another quality team ready to take your place.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/26/2013, 6:38 pm

go99 wrote:what? Nobody forces you to play DC. Don't like the fields then don't go. If enough people agree with you then they will have trouble getting quality teams and will be forced to make changes. My guess is it doesn't matter that much and if your team bows out there will be another quality team ready to take your place.

You are well on your way to a job with the city of Dallas with that attitude . Our product sucks if you don't like it buzz off....

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/26/2013, 9:27 pm

PG-Boy wrote:Yeah, both Richland and the Cotton Bowl are about 15 minutes from our home. Smile

The fields at Richland are in good condition and VERY green, except #5. It has huge bare patches. I saw a few kids slip and fall on the hard ground today, but not too bad, overall. It didn't seem to impact the quality of play.

I credit the Boys Classic League FC Dallas/Pizza Hut Park for being so fastidious about protecting their bermuda turf, literally. With Field Marshalls preventing un-approved free-play and warm-ups in the 18 box. All this seems over the top, but it goes a long way at setting expectations with everyone. That the fields have value and must be protected. They also seem to water, fertilize and tend the turf regularly.

FCD Boys Classic League does the same, hence, the best playing surfaces in the metroplex. I believe its the same turf that's inside the Cotton Bowl and the FCD Stadium. Its the turf used in the Cotton Bowl during the 1994 World Cup. Before the World Cup, the Cotton Bowl had an old faded carpet.

UTD on the other hand, is used by the girls LHCL and who knows what other activities/leagues. It's a lot more laissaiz-faire without firm ownership on the quality of the fields. I haven't seen the newer fields, so I can't comment on them. The older fields have been "terrible" for a very long time. In the past it seemed they didn't water or fertilize very often. I can't even remember the grass type.

The Dallas Cup, after the FCD deal fell through, didn't have a lot of time to choose and plan for a large secondary complex for this tournament. They'll have an entire year to plan next year's tourney; So they can choose another park to complement Richland or help UTD create a project plan to improve their fields before next year.

It's all relative, anyway. I remember when the Dallas Cup was played at Moss Park in the early 80s on Greenville Ave. Those fields became swampy quagmires during the March rains. Players and fans would be slathered in mud.
[b]

FIFY (Fixed it for ya) considering FCD used to get blasted for not allowing teams to warm up in 18s. Remember when they overused the fields and had to close them down after one Dallas Cup? Then they implemented strict training rules and warm-up rules to preserve them... well Richland/Classic League copied that rule and now the have grass in the area instead of sand pits. other complexes have copied it too. I still remember that poor red head field nazi (read:marshall) getting yelled at all the time. rabbit

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/26/2013, 10:23 pm

It's comical. Both teams have to play in the same conditions on the same fields . Can someone please stop the wind cuzz I haven't seen my balls in 3 days . I understand, the want, to play on the fairways of Augusta . When it boils down to it the technical players and teams that can play short with a good touch will be rewarded . Kick it and chase in these conditions and UR gonna get UR arse kicked, which is the way it should be .Say what you want DC wasn't going to be intimidated by FCD/ Frisco and Bitch slapped them.At the end of the day ,look at the FACTS . Dallas Cup opening ceremonies 1500 if your frickin lucky, Gothia cup 55,000 . Dallas Cup needs to check itself at the door . Just another overhyped tournament !!!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTrafford 3/26/2013, 10:27 pm

[quote="pwip"][quote="OldTrafford"][quote="pwip"][quote="OldTrafford"]We had a 6:00 start time at UTD. By the time the game was completed, we were in total darkness. Oh, yes, the fields did have lights, but they were not turned on until everyone was leaving the field. There was no game after us, so it was quite a kick in the crotch to see the field illuminated AFTER we had played in the dark for nearly half an hour.

As a Dallas resident, this was truly embarrassing.[/quote]

Good gosh, over-dramatic much?[/quote]

So its acceptable to play in the dark (7:45) when the field is capable of being lit?[/quote]

Are you related to Ted Cruz?[/quote]

I'm not sure I understand your response. Obviously you are comfortable staying in the dark. I can't possibly carry on an intelligent discussion with an idiot. You will simply lower me to your level, and win due to your experience.
OldTrafford
OldTrafford
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2013, 11:59 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:what? Nobody forces you to play DC. Don't like the fields then don't go. If enough people agree with you then they will have trouble getting quality teams and will be forced to make changes. My guess is it doesn't matter that much and if your team bows out there will be another quality team ready to take your place.

You are well on your way to a job with the city of Dallas with that attitude . Our product sucks if you don't like it buzz off....

It's called free market. If you think our product sucks then don't buy it. If enough people agree with you then we won't stay in business. So again if you are so sure that the market will vote with you don't sign up. I say you will find another team happily sitting in your spot ready to get on whatever fields they have.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/27/2013, 7:46 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:

Ok, stop race baiting, there's nothing here. Even my little bb understood what his coach meant by little suburbanites. Can you play on a field if you see a weed or two around? (No, plantit, not that weed.)
Can you drink tap water or not? Shocked
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/27/2013, 8:29 am

tap water is for the poors.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 3/27/2013, 8:34 am

Tap water? No

Dallas Cup Fields (UTD) - Page 2 L
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/27/2013, 9:25 am

go99 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

It's called free market. If you think our product sucks then don't buy it. If enough people agree with you then we won't stay in business. So again if you are so sure that the market will vote with you don't sign up. I say you will find another team happily sitting in your spot ready to get on whatever fields they have.

Lol, tell that to your customers and see where it gets you. Embracing mediocrity and being arrogant willput you out of business. As far as teams , losing high prifile teams and replacing them wih lesser quality is hardly the goal of prestigious tournaments. Fortunately i imagine the dallas cup organizers havea better grasp on reality than you and will listen to their customers. Hopefully they will put this fiasco back where it belongs back at fcd....

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 3/27/2013, 11:19 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Lol, tell that to your customers and see where it gets you. Embracing mediocrity and being arrogant willput you out of business. As far as teams , losing high prifile teams and replacing them wih lesser quality is hardly the goal of prestigious tournaments. Fortunately i imagine the dallas cup organizers havea better grasp on reality than you and will listen to their customers. Hopefully they will put this fiasco back where it belongs back at fcd....

It certainly is a free market. I guess I am struggling to see how this change benefits either side. The FCD complex was built specifically to host large, prestigious tournaments like this. Great fields and most games can be held at one main location. Crowds and teams that finish playing can move to other games at the fields and also to marquee games in the stadium. What a great way to catch a few exciting games at one location. Teams can cheer on other teams from their own club / area. Isn't this more desirable for the teams playing and tournament organizers? This is a global tournament after all and I think it is very cool to see all of this going on for the most part at a single location. scratch

The overall crowds watching the non super group games on the fields surely have to be larger at FCD right? As for the supergroup, has attendance been measurably higher for games in the Cotton Bowl so far? I guess I would be surprised if attendance is that much higher. I remember seeing a lot of teams sitting together in FCD stadium after their games finished. These may not be ticket paying customers (not sure if they get in free or not) but they visit the concession stands on a regular basis and increase crowd size. Are those teams now caravaning down to the Cotton Bowl after their games are over?

As for FCD, what additional business / events do they have going on now that replaces this tournament from a revenue and visibility perspective and allows them to just walk away? scratch
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/27/2013, 11:28 am

rvpformvp wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

It certainly is a free market. I guess I am struggling to see how this change benefits either side. The FCD complex was built specifically to host large, prestigious tournaments like this. Great fields and most games can be held at one main location. Crowds and teams that finish playing can move to other games at the fields and also to marquee games in the stadium. What a great way to catch a few exciting games at one location. Teams can cheer on other teams from their own club / area. Isn't this more desirable for the teams playing and tournament organizers? This is a global tournament after all and I think it is very cool to see all of this going on for the most part at a single location. scratch

The overall crowds watching the non super group games on the fields surely have to be larger at FCD right? As for the supergroup, has attendance been measurably higher for games in the Cotton Bowl so far? I guess I would be surprised if attendance is that much higher. I remember seeing a lot of teams sitting together in FCD stadium after their games finished. These may not be ticket paying customers (not sure if they get in free or not) but they visit the concession stands on a regular basis and increase crowd size. Are those teams now caravaning down to the Cotton Bowl after their games are over?

As for FCD, what additional business / events do they have going on now that replaces this tournament from a revenue and visibility perspective and allows them to just walk away? scratch

Very well put, i hold fcd accountable too. Both parties lost in this fiasco. Hopefully they will realize that....

Back to top Go down

Post by pwip 3/27/2013, 11:48 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Goodness, the narrative you framed sounds dire. It's up to you if you want to dig deeper into the backstory and who you believe. The version I believe , FCD made it impossible for DC to meet their demands. And, the fortune of City of Dallas wanting the tournament to return. DC is built on the integrity, trust and reputation hey built from all the volunteers of the past 34 years. FCD? take a minute and reflect upon their reputation they established in the community. I'll side with Gordon Jago's integrity every time. Ask around, decide for yourself

pwip
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next