Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Kashiwa Reysol (Japan) Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Kashiwa Reysol (Japan)

+18
Marvelousmar
cracktheshot
HatTrick10
SoccerXXX
Soccerinsanity
murito
hunden97
78Comet
omega striker
99goaliedad
plantit
randee42
finish1
go99
Laimport
Ibystander
TxHunter
PG-Boy
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kashiwa Reysol (Japan) Empty Kashiwa Reysol (Japan)

Post by PG-Boy 3/28/2013, 9:13 am

Anyone catch the Super Group match at 2pm at Richland #10 yesterday?

Kashiwa Reysol defeated vaunted Manchester United, 2-0. The Japanese team held possession most of the match. The northward wind was a bit stiff, but it didn't seem to hinder the ground passing game the Japanese team preferred. The English boys found themselves unable to take the ball away or retain it once they did have it.

Kashiwa Reysol pressured very aggressively. Diminutive compared to the English boys, the Japanese boys didn't seem to be intimidated.

If you get a chance, go watch the Japanese boys play. You won't be disappointed. Take your bb's with you.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Kashiwa Reysol (Japan) Empty Re: Kashiwa Reysol (Japan)

Post by TxHunter 3/28/2013, 9:27 am

That is good to hear - most of the games I saw were all about BSF players and the power game. Very few teams truly possessed the ball and tried to work for a goal instead of trying to power the ball. The games I saw - The California teams were all big players and they played a very direct and a very physical game. The smaller hispanic teams played sideline to sideline game using speed and space to create opportunities and most of the European teams I saw played the direct/physical game - they had good touches, but were very direct. I was not impressed with the East Coast US teams I saw (they lacked the athletes to compete against the bigger teams) and I didn't see the Illinois or Florida teams. In the super group games I saw for just a few minutes here or there, the Brazilians had a tremendous amount of speed and good first touch.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/28/2013, 9:55 am

TxHunter wrote:That is good to hear - most of the games I saw were all about BSF players and the power game. Very few teams truly possessed the ball and tried to work for a goal instead of trying to power the ball. The games I saw - The California teams were all big players and they played a very direct and a very physical game. The smaller hispanic teams played sideline to sideline game using speed and space to create opportunities and most of the European teams I saw played the direct/physical game - they had good touches, but were very direct.
That's probably why the Mexican teams are doing so well right now. U14, look at the teams that made it out of bracket play, most are Mexican. We still don't get it, bsf can win through flukes, but not consistently. Oh yeah, IF we can teach those BSFs to play and lure them away from basketball and football! Idea
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/28/2013, 10:13 am

PG-Boy wrote:Anyone catch the Super Group match at 2pm at Richland #10 yesterday?

Kashiwa Reysol defeated vaunted Manchester United, 2-0. The Japanese team held possession most of the match. The northward wind was a bit stiff, but it didn't seem to hinder the ground passing game the Japanese team preferred. The English boys found themselves unable to take the ball away or retain it once they did have it.

Kashiwa Reysol pressured very aggressively. Diminutive compared to the English boys, the Japanese boys didn't seem to be intimidated.

If you get a chance, go watch the Japanese boys play. You won't be disappointed. Take your bb's with you.

I was there. And the Japanese team played beautiful football. A rapid 1 and 2 touch passing game. Lots of smart movement off the ball. Exquisite control/first touch. Even their centerbacks were incredibly technical.

They played ManU off the field in that regard. And ManU had several players over 6 feet tall. They did create some solid chances in the first half.

But this Japanese team really impressed me.

Oh, I didn't see any dribblitos on this Japanese team.

Just simple, incredibly smart football.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/28/2013, 12:04 pm

this was typical play for Japanese teams. The last few years we have had the japanese national team and also a pro japanese team and they all played a similar style. The year barcelona came I saw the japanese team out barca barcelona. And there wasn't one kid on the Reysol team that stood out and made you say "wow look at that kid", "look how fast or big he is", or even "wow look at those moves" Very polished and technical all the way back to the keeper who played out of the back and even beat the ManU forward off the dribble
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/28/2013, 12:15 pm

GO, that's pure blaspheme! Everyone knows the only way to win is to send the biggest, fastest kids you can find straight at the net. There is no other way. C'mon, get with the program already! Wink
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/28/2013, 12:20 pm

domo arigato mr roboto?
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/28/2013, 12:26 pm

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
(Galileo.) Galileo. (Galileo.) Galileo, Galileo figaro
Magnifico. affraid affraid affraid
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/28/2013, 12:47 pm

randee42 wrote:domo arigato mr roboto?

That's LACIST Evil or Very Mad

LOL
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/28/2013, 1:27 pm

Oh, no. There goes Tokyo. Go, Go Godzilla!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/29/2013, 9:53 pm

PG-Boy wrote:Anyone catch the Super Group match at 2pm at Richland #10 yesterday?

Your BB's ?? Hell I think it should be mandatory for all NTX coaches , parents and players to go watch this team . I would rather pay money to see them than the crap out in frisco. I got a C-note that says they beat or tie the FCD pro team. This team just dismanteled the team from Denmark and I don't think any of their players pulse rates got above 90, in fact they didn't even break a sweat . The other semi is being played for 2nd place cause saw both and they don't stand a chance . CALM, PATIENT,PRECISE PASSING,MULTI DIRECTIONAL,NO FOULING. It's kinda boring watching the other team run all over the field. Funny thing ,, NO ONE on their team really stood out . No dribbelitos. They space the field so well and play within their areas . A true pleasure to watch the SIMPLE GAME played sooooooooo SIMPLE!!!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 3/29/2013, 11:27 pm

Agreed, Kashiwa Reysol was impressive once again.

On the large beautiful Cotton Bowl pitch they seemed to have acres of open space.

If you're serious about youth boys soccer, you all will trek to the State Fair on Sunday to watch the Japanse boys provide a clinic on possession soccer. It will be worth every cent of gasoline and ticket prices expended.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 99goaliedad 3/29/2013, 11:54 pm

The funny thing about the Japan team is allot of them are 15 & 16 year olds. A buddy of mine has spent the week with them transporting them around town and confirmed the age thing. That is true beautiful simple soccer. I didn't see the goalie punt one ball out in the 2 games I have watched. They truly move the ball around and just patiently wait for scoring opportunity. It will be a good game against Fulham they are very good sized team and move the ball around good. Not as good as the Japan team

99goaliedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/30/2013, 12:07 am

[quote="99goaliedad"]The funny thing about the Japan team is allot of them are 15 & 16 year olds. A buddy of mine has spent the week with them transporting them around town and confirmed the age thing. That is true beautiful simple soccer. I didn't see the goalie punt one ball out in the 2 games I have watched. They truly move the ball around and just patiently wait for scoring opportunity. It will be a good game against Fulham they are very good sized team and move the ball around good. Not as good as the Japan team [quote]

Fulham? Ya, The Denmark team was big also.Where did that get them? size doesn't matter when you are totally outclassed by a feather touch and a patient attack. I have seen over 1000 games in the last few years . All I can say is we as a country could learn a valuable lesson on how to play and how to identify players from this team. ARE YOU LISTENING FCD..

15 & 16 ?? outclassing 19 year olds?? We all need to quit paying the ridiculous amounts of money our system charges and get our kids to like sushi. Laughing

Any kid in NTX that played the ball back as much as they do would first be scrutinized for haveing NOOO personality and second he would find his ass on the bench . Just not flashy enough.. Touch, vision thats for " Slack jawed pu$$ie$" just keep dribbling and score.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/30/2013, 1:44 pm

[quote="plantit"][quote="99goaliedad"]The funny thing about the Japan team is allot of them are 15 & 16 year olds. A buddy of mine has spent the week with them transporting them around town and confirmed the age thing. That is true beautiful simple soccer. I didn't see the goalie punt one ball out in the 2 games I have watched. They truly move the ball around and just patiently wait for scoring opportunity. It will be a good game against Fulham they are very good sized team and move the ball around good. Not as good as the Japan team

Fulham? Ya, The Denmark team was big also.Where did that get them? size doesn't matter when you are totally outclassed by a feather touch and a patient attack. I have seen over 1000 games in the last few years . All I can say is we as a country could learn a valuable lesson on how to play and how to identify players from this team. ARE YOU LISTENING FCD..

15 & 16 ?? outclassing 19 year olds?? We all need to quit paying the ridiculous amounts of money our system charges and get our kids to like sushi. Laughing

Any kid in NTX that played the ball back as much as they do would first be scrutinized for haveing NOOO personality and second he would find his ass on the bench . Just not flashy enough.. Touch, vision thats for " Slack jawed pu$$ie$" just keep dribbling and score.
you sir nailed it on the head with that last paragraph! playing the ball back drives ntx coaches nuts(go foward go foward is what you always hear in ntx) and most of the dumba$$ parents as well most are just parrots anyway Rolling Eyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/30/2013, 5:47 pm

I can't put all of the blame on the coaches. They are a product of the enviornment that WE create. The reason they always want kids to go forward is that if you play the ball forward and make a mistake it is further away from your goal and you can fight to win it back. Playing it backwards might relieve pressure and keep possesion but you are also making any mistake that the young player makes more dangerous. It's not about free flowing, creative or possesion it is about minimizing mistakes and winning
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/30/2013, 6:15 pm

go99 wrote:I can't put all of the blame on the coaches. They are a product of the enviornment that WE create. The reason they always want kids to go forward is that if you play the ball forward and make a mistake it is further away from your goal and you can fight to win it back. Playing it backwards might relieve pressure and keep possesion but you are also making any mistake that the young player makes more dangerous. It's not about free flowing, creative or possesion it is about minimizing mistakes and winning

Great point. herein lies the problem. When you teach at u11 to 'play it safe' and rely on relative physical maturity the players only learn to play 'within themselves'.

Because results are more important to the clubs, parents and coaches.

And with the financial outlays, it only exacerbates the problem for all involved.

I think Claudio Reyna summed it up long before he acquired his new job..."learn to play first...learn to win later."

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 78Comet 3/30/2013, 7:15 pm

go99 wrote:I can't put all of the blame on the coaches. They are a product of the enviornment that WE create. The reason they always want kids to go forward is that if you play the ball forward and make a mistake it is further away from your goal and you can fight to win it back. Playing it backwards might relieve pressure and keep possesion but you are also making any mistake that the young player makes more dangerous. It's not about free flowing, creative or possesion it is about minimizing mistakes and winning

Are you saying the coaches are a result of the environment created by the parents? If that is what you're saying, you are giving the parents way too much credit for something they have absolutely no power over, and deserve absolutely no credit for. As for your reasoning behind why coaches want players/teams to go forward, you are not even close (Have you ever coached/played?). It has nothing to do with mistakes. The fact that you think it does reveals how little you know about the sport. Playing the ball backwards is perceived in this country as negative. Playing it forward is perceived as positive. Negative football vs Positive football. Teams are coached to play positive football and attack, most (especially American teams) employing a direct style of play. It is simpler to coach and easier for players/teams to apply. In parent terms, it's basically kick ball. Play a long ball up to the fast, athletic, strong forwards and let them attack. Pin the opposition in with the mids and continue to feed the forwards and you typically get good results. The problem with this is that possession and tactics go right out the window. This is why at the highest level American teams cannot perform. It only works at the younger ages (see Dallas Cup results, year after year, since forever).

Jules
78Comet
78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/30/2013, 7:22 pm

Laimport wrote:

Great point. herein lies the problem. When you teach at u11 to 'play it safe' and rely on relative physical maturity the players only learn to play 'within themselves'.

Because results are more important to the clubs, parents and coaches.

And with the financial outlays, it only exacerbates the problem for all involved.

I think Claudio Reyna summed it up long before he acquired his new job..."learn to play first...learn to win later."

When I saw them play ,they just seemed to occupy every free space on the field , Stretching and flexing the other team. The game after Reysol seemed like ball chasing, with large spaces on the field that niether team was occupying.

I never saw Reysol kick the ball long to the wings until the last 10 min . Even then they hardly ever played to space . It was always a precise long ball right on their teamates foot.They seemed to play in zones never taking off with the ball . just advancing it out of their personal zone ( via passing ), and staying put, to create a back option. Soccer 101 when you don't constantly take off with the ball and let "THE BALL" do the work , you seem to maintain your zone for quick pressure and balance to any counter . Now I ask . How come little old me a no soccer seeing low life parent can figure this out but the coaches and system we play in and pay tons of money CANNOT? !!!!! This is what is flawed . we are looking for the next Messi or Ronaldo and many journeymen, skilled soccer players get $hit on in the process. Here's a question for all of our vaunted NTX coaches . Ask Rick carlisle if the Mavericks win the title without JJ Frekin Berrah?
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/30/2013, 7:41 pm

78Comet wrote:

Are you saying the coaches are a result of the environment created by the parents? If that is what you're saying, you are giving the parents way too much credit for something they have absolutely no power over, and deserve absolutely no credit for. As for your reasoning behind why coaches want players/teams to go forward, you are not even close (Have you ever coached/played?). It has nothing to do with mistakes. The fact that you think it does reveals how little you know about the sport. Playing the ball backwards is perceived in this country as negative. Playing it forward is perceived as positive. Negative football vs Positive football. Teams are coached to play positive football and attack, most (especially American teams) employing a direct style of play. It is simpler to coach and easier for players/teams to apply. In parent terms, it's basically kick ball. Play a long ball up to the fast, athletic, strong forwards and let them attack. Pin the opposition in with the mids and continue to feed the forwards and you typically get good results. The problem with this is that possession and tactics go right out the window. This is why at the highest level American teams cannot perform. It only works at the younger ages (see Dallas Cup results, year after year, since forever).

Jules

Jules you may have it. The thing is ,due to this style of play our higher ups lack the knowledge of "PLAYER " identification. this is why we constantly get our arse kicked.

Watch johnny run, check out that dribbling , His heads down , he's so focased. WHOOPS he just lost the ball , OH crap he's my left back and he's on the right side of the attacking 18. Now the Japaneese are gonna string togeather 26 passses so johnny can recover, their polite like that. Dam Johnny why you so tired? The other team just compleated 26 passes and only took 30 steps to do it . Rocket science I tell ya , Rocket science.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/30/2013, 7:54 pm

every coach knows if he does not win he will not keep his players period. I have had a coach tell me that he balance his desire to teach kids to play with his need to win games so he can keep kids. This is a must win relegation enviornment that we ask for. It is us that ask for 11v11 soccer at a young age. And no its not about positive or negative soccer. They are kids and they will all make mistakes and plenty of them. As a coach you can decide what area of the field you want that mistake to most likely occur. Keep passing back and it will be back near your back line. Play it forward and it's closer to your attacking line. Which will cost you fewer goal? Second limit the number of touches. If I can get to goal in 4 passes. That is 4 opportunities for a kid to make a mistake. If I use more patience and possesion and do 8 passes I have also just doubled my chances for mistakes, But it wasn't me on the boards trumpeting for years that kids just want to win games now but that was a very common call to arm. If parents insisted that kids be taught and played an attractive soccer then more coaches would at least try to deliver it. Now to be fair it has gotten better as more parents who have played soccer come on and can recognize the NTX bs and ask for more. SO YES WE ARE GETTING EXACTLY WHAT WE ASK FOR.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/30/2013, 8:09 pm

78Comet wrote:

Jules

Oh and while I may be the idiot who knows nothing about soccer, what you have describe as soccer here isn't any different than anything I have said. You attribute it to a "style" here. Look behind that style. What is the percentage of success with the long pass up top? Let's just say 20% so I lose 80% of those balls. In the end who cares it's way up on the other end of the field. Would you take a 20% success rate in front of your own goal? How about 50%. So lets accept I am wrong and coaches don't limit chances for mistakes. How many defenders on teams hear beat pressure and pass their way out as opposed to boot it or kick it out? How many goalies pass the ball out rather than kick it up?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/30/2013, 8:18 pm

To me, it all comes down to the two most basic fundamentals of the game.

Controlling and passing the ball. Sure, there are a lot of artificial 'indicators' of player quality.

(Size, spped, strength, 'physical maturity')

But, when you rely on those artificial player qualities, and your style of play reflects that, you limit your players' long term potential.

I'm not against teams playing a counterattacking or otherwise direct style...but it shouldn't be your primary style/method when we are talking about youth players.

And, let's be honest, a lot of this stems from the lack of 'opportunities' to just play and experiment with the ball. (And it is also a problem elsewhere in the world...a byproduct of the popularity/competitiveness of the game worldwide.)

Call it 'overcoaching' too early.

Even knowing the problems, it isn't an easy fix.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 3/30/2013, 8:34 pm

I agree with all your points, they are dead on. And this area doesn't realize the truth until international tourneys like DC come around and expose our players, teams, and clubs. You would think by now parents would start investing more time, energy, and money in small sides/futsal options. I know participation at places like City Futsal and the new SSDL 6v6 are increasing noticibly. I think this is a start to solving our development gap in NTX. Just my thoughts.
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/30/2013, 8:35 pm

go99 wrote:every coach knows if he does not win he will not keep his players period. I have had a coach tell me that he balance his desire to teach kids to play with his need to win games so he can keep kids. This is a must win relegation enviornment that we ask for. It is us that ask for 11v11 soccer at a young age. And no its not about positive or negative soccer. They are kids and they will all make mistakes and plenty of them. As a coach you can decide what area of the field you want that mistake to most likely occur. Keep passing back and it will be back near your back line. Play it forward and it's closer to your attacking line. Which will cost you fewer goal? Second limit the number of touches. If I can get to goal in 4 passes. That is 4 opportunities for a kid to make a mistake. If I use more patience and possesion and do 8 passes I have also just doubled my chances for mistakes, But it wasn't me on the boards trumpeting for years that kids just want to win games now but that was a very common call to arm. If parents insisted that kids be taught and played an attractive soccer then more coaches would at least try to deliver it. Now to be fair it has gotten better as more parents who have played soccer come on and can recognize the NTX bs and ask for more. SO YES WE ARE GETTING EXACTLY WHAT WE ASK FOR.

Go , You make a backhanded great point . If it takes only 4 touches to get to the shot vs 8 touches, With 8 everyone is touching the ball more , hence developing a calmer more precise touch OVER TIME! It's the results of the growing pains that most have no patience for .

Just sarcastically tired of many coaches who have these kids with a great overall feel and touch for the game right under their noses and they just can't get past the winning at a trivial age . Until we fix the way coaches and clubs are compensated (I agree they need to be compensated as this is their livelyhood ) The winner will always be the smartest, best coach for our kids .
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next