Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

High School level Classic League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

High School level Classic League

+11
Laimport
Rooneyhasplugs
my2cents
omega striker
CH1
mookieblaylock
go99
cowpukesfan
Liverpool00/02
finish1
Freeatlast
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

High School level Classic League Empty High School level Classic League

Post by Freeatlast 4/8/2013, 11:53 pm

Have to say I really hate the season split at the High School level. I understand the effort to accomodate the high school season, but it seems to me that it has a terrible effect on the club schedule. The extremely long layoff, followed by a compressed mini-season seems more like going to a tournament than playing part of the Classic League season. i think the play is diminished for most clubs at the outset of the "spring season" because of the layoff, and then by the time they are getting in synch again, the short season is over. It just doesn't work well.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

High School level Classic League Empty Re: High School level Classic League

Post by finish1 4/9/2013, 8:01 am

Are '03 parents really concerned about HS soccer and its' impact on Classic League? Sure, maybe at some point, but these kids are still in elementary school. tongue
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liverpool00/02 4/9/2013, 8:09 am

He must be with Mexico '03 boys, heard some of them look like they are in highschool already!! Justkid Smile

Liverpool00/02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 4/9/2013, 8:18 am

Maybe he has 2 kids.
A kid that plays'03 and one that's in High School.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/9/2013, 8:55 am

the split sucks but there is no way precious little american kids could accommodate all of those soccer games and practices together. So they have to split the seasons so the little prince's don't get a booboo
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mookieblaylock 4/9/2013, 10:15 am

go99 wrote:the split sucks but there is no way precious little american kids could accommodate all of those soccer games and practices together. So they have to split the seasons so the little prince's don't get a booboo

dumbass comment. surely you'll acknowledge that a player at that age shouldn't train and play matches for two teams concurrently.

btw, your avatar is stupid.
mookieblaylock
mookieblaylock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/9/2013, 10:21 am

mookieblaylock wrote:
go99 wrote:the split sucks but there is no way precious little american kids could accommodate all of those soccer games and practices together. So they have to split the seasons so the little prince's don't get a booboo

dumbass comment. surely you'll acknowledge that a player at that age shouldn't train and play matches for two teams concurrently.

GO99'S avatar is a symbol of hope in a dark oppressed world.....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/9/2013, 10:22 am

actually I don't acknowledge that. I will acknowledge that kids of the same ages train and play more than that in other countries and they seem to survive it somehow. guess they are just made of better more durable genetic stock.

BTW is that OU Mookie?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/9/2013, 11:11 am

GO, his avatar is pure rock mantra with some historical references.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/9/2013, 11:22 am

ah so not a homage to one of the greatest college point gaurds of all time straight outta garland. #soonernation
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mookieblaylock 4/9/2013, 12:54 pm

go99 wrote:ah so not a homage to one of the greatest college point gaurds of all time straight outta garland. #soonernation

it is--just sort of the long way around the homage. mookie blaylock was the original name for pearl jam. . . mookie didn't like the tribute so much. . .but that was a long time ago. . .

back to what you said earlier--i TOTALLY agree that in general, our boys need to train more (somehow my little league baseball team practiced everyday after school). i just meant that two seasons overlapping means three or four games per week on top of training. . . hello osgood-schlatters
mookieblaylock
mookieblaylock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/9/2013, 1:07 pm

Osgood is really more related to rapid growth. If they didn't suspend the season the wouldn't have to double up the CL games. They could do the high school game and the CL game. The concern seems to be 5 days high school practice and the 2 cl practices
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 4/9/2013, 2:38 pm

Our club has 2 (3 if you’re a GK), 2 hr practices a week year round and HS has (5), 1.5 hr practices during school (off season too), then (5) 1.5-2 hr practices after school. Once the HS season starts after school practices drop to (3) a week due to night games. Most clubs still practice 1 night a week during this time with a tourney here or there. So if you play CL during HS season you will have more injuries.
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/9/2013, 4:19 pm

go99 wrote:Osgood is really more related to rapid growth. If they didn't suspend the season the wouldn't have to double up the CL games. They could do the high school game and the CL game. The concern seems to be 5 days high school practice and the 2 cl practices
this is true and with most CL games on the weekend and HS games during the week i dont see the issue? and with HS 5 day a week practices of basically just running unless of course you have a "real soccer coach" which seems pointless especially with a team of mainly rec kids sprinkled in with a few club players Rolling Eyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/9/2013, 7:29 pm

omega striker wrote:
go99 wrote:Osgood is really more related to rapid growth. If they didn't suspend the season the wouldn't have to double up the CL games. They could do the high school game and the CL game. The concern seems to be 5 days high school practice and the 2 cl practices
this is true and with most CL games on the weekend and HS games during the week i dont see the issue? and with HS 5 day a week practices of basically just running unless of course you have a "real soccer coach" which seems pointless especially with a team of mainly rec kids sprinkled in with a few club players Rolling Eyes

The issue is if you get Saturday and Sunday Cl games. As a frosh playing ( actually playing all game, ) varsity we went through it 4 years ago. One three week period was HS Tues.,HS Fri., Cl Sat., CL Sun., for three weeks in a row minus the last Sunday. That is too much when you are playing the entire game of all games. If you add in the typical club or HS coach who expects " total committment" and 100% practice participation and it is a recipe for injury. Luckily we had club and HS coaches that were reasonable and flexible. He did not practice at all during this span.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 4/10/2013, 7:24 am

mookieblaylock wrote:

actually its an excellent comment and yes they can play and train with both. acting like 15 plus year old kids cant do both because its too hard on them is laughable. Kids all over the world do it and do so at a younger age. There's just a tendency to baby the kids here.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/10/2013, 8:43 am

To me, it is less about how much training and more about the context of the training. If a player is doing a ton of 'fitness work' in his hs practices, then yes, it can lead to injury.

That said, far too many parents think training 5-6 days a week is 'too much'.

it is the norm everywhere else in the world.

The main difference is that players are not playing as many as 2-3 games per week.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 4/10/2013, 9:03 am

Heh, Heh…..funny to hear some HS teams have “rec” players on varsity…..North of Bush, the varsity teams are mainly club players….. What is also funny is that all this HS talk is on the 03' forum! Very Happy

SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/10/2013, 9:31 am

SoccerDunce wrote:Heh, Heh…..funny to hear some HS teams have “rec” players on varsity…..North of Bush, the varsity teams are mainly club players….. What is also funny is that all this HS talk is on the 03' forum! Very Happy

Why is that funny ? I have had many rec HS players that have decided to play club as frosh or sophs. They stepped right into starting D1 or D2 spots their first season. Had a soph last fall on my U19 rec team last fall that was a 3 letter athlete as a frosh and was asked to join a big 3 U15-16 academy. There are many good players that either dont care to commit or cant afford to play club. Many club players are not that good.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 4/10/2013, 10:04 am

my2cents wrote:
SoccerDunce wrote:Heh, Heh…..funny to hear some HS teams have “rec” players on varsity…..North of Bush, the varsity teams are mainly club players….. What is also funny is that all this HS talk is on the 03' forum! Very Happy

Why is that funny ? I have had many rec HS players that have decided to play club as frosh or sophs. They stepped right into starting D1 or D2 spots their first season. Had a soph last fall on my U19 rec team last fall that was a 3 letter athlete as a frosh and was asked to join a big 3 U15-16 academy. There are many good players that either dont care to commit or cant afford to play club. Many club players are not that good.

Well, well…..I guess that makes your player’s current status as “club” level…..the comment was not to demean players but rather support that HS teams are more than “rec” players just running sprints at practices. There are HS players that are skilled and have knowledge of the game, and not just 3-4 club players mixed others coached by soccer mom & dad.
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/10/2013, 10:07 am

my2cents wrote:

great point. And it further illustrates the insane mindset so prevalent on this board.

That being on super team X at club Y somehow means that a player is good or even better than another player.

And it is precisely that mindset that the majority of clubs push. That where their revenue comes from.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mookieblaylock 4/10/2013, 10:27 am

It sure seems like a true opportunity for US soccer to actually utilize High School soccer instead of distancing from it. The biggest criticism of Club soccer is cost. HS, like the Youth programs overseas, is free.

They can also train more, since proximity isn't a factor (like the euro programs).

At this point several of you will dogpile and say that the HS coaches are lame, and they don't even have the required English/South American/German accent needed to be a good coach. . .

But at least admit that the FREE infrastructure is already in place, and they could always hire coaches who may or may not have practiced once with the reserve squad for a third division team (aka club coaches).

So says Mookie.

Last edited by mookieblaylock on 4/10/2013, 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
mookieblaylock
mookieblaylock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/10/2013, 10:34 am

mookieblaylock wrote:It sure seems like a true opportunity for US soccer to actually utilize High School soccer instead of distancing from it. The biggest criticism of Club soccer is cost. HS, like the Youth programs overseas, is free.

They can also train more, since proximity isn't a factor (like the euro programs).

At this point several of you will dogpile and say that the HS coaches are lame, and they don't even have the required English/South American/German accent needed to be a good coach. . .

But at least admit that the FREE infrastructure is already in place, and they could always hire coaches who may or may not have practiced once with the reserve squad for a third division team (aka club coaches).

So says Mookie.

The problems I see are that highschool is not there to "develop" players. It is there to win games and provide something for its students to do. I don't think highschool needs to be changed to serve the needs of a few. 2nd by the time they reach highschool it is too late anyway to have a major impact on the players soccer. If the US is going to make a spash in world soccer its not going to be by starting with 15 yr olds
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 4/10/2013, 10:38 am

Laimport wrote:
my2cents wrote:

great point. And it further illustrates the insane mindset so prevalent on this board.

That being on super team X at club Y somehow means that a player is good or even better than another player.

And it is precisely that mindset that the majority of clubs push. That where their revenue comes from.

Heh, heh…..so your saying the GLSA Longview Wildcats or Kilgore Lil Mexico will walk on the pitch and defeat FCD 95’ premier?
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/10/2013, 11:04 am

SoccerDunce wrote:
Laimport wrote:
my2cents wrote:

Heh, heh…..so your saying the GLSA Longview Wildcats or Kilgore Lil Mexico will walk on the pitch and defeat FCD 95’ premier?

No I'm not. Again, you are focusing your point on TEAMS...not individual players.

I will say that there are individual players capable of playing for 'top' rated teams.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next