Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season- Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season-

+6
turtle
GOOOAAALLL
davito
What
cowpukesfan
LP02
10 posters

Go down

Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season- Empty Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season-

Post by LP02 5/5/2013, 6:49 pm

Liverpool 02 Rush is looking for 1-2 players to fill spots vacated by non-returning players which have moved and transferred teams. We have a great group of boys that really enjoy playing together. Please contact coach Jimmy Fagen at (214) 535-2692 or
jimmyfagen@yahoo. com.

Starting June 1st we will be holding open tryouts. If you are not currently on a team or have a practice release from you coach you may tryout anytime.

Thanks,

Coach Jimmy Fagen
jimmyfagen @ yahoo. com
Classic League, D1

LP02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season- Empty Re: Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season-

Post by cowpukesfan 5/5/2013, 9:26 pm

LP gave DTS a run for their money.
The team has 2 very fast forwards.
Very decent mid-field and defense.
All and all a very good team that will only get better.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season- Empty Re: Liverpool 02 Rush looking for 1-2 players for next season-

Post by What 5/5/2013, 10:12 pm

cowpukesfan wrote:LP gave DTS a run for their money.
lets be honest the team is not that great, they just have track and field players that's about it, same goes for FCDG track and field. Say what you want, you know it's true seen both teams play. Just calling a spade a spade that's it.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/5/2013, 10:30 pm

[quote="What"][quote="cowpukesfan"]LP gave DTS a run for their money.
[/quote]lets be honest the team is not that great, they just have track and field players that's about it, same goes for FCDG track and field. Say what you want, you know it's true seen both teams play. Just calling a spade a spade that's it.[/quote]

Wow..... Sorry if I'm not a freaking soccer guru like some of you dudes.
I think the team's pretty good.
Your opinion differs from mine.
I thought the little ones played pretty well.
Too late to be arguing this B.S. right now.
Good night Sweet-Cheeks. Razz

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by What 5/6/2013, 8:25 am

cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:
lets be honest the team is not that great, they just have track and field players that's about it, same goes for FCDG track and field. Say what you want, you know it's true seen both teams play. Just calling a spade a spade that's it.

sweet cheeks must be a steelers fan! Just tired seeing most teams playing to win and coachs not teaching players how to play.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/6/2013, 8:45 am

[quote="What"][quote="cowpukesfan"][quote="What"][quote="cowpukesfan"]LP gave DTS a run for their money.
[/quote]lets be honest the team is not that great, they just have track and field players that's about it, same goes for FCDG track and field. Say what you want, you know it's true seen both teams play. Just calling a spade a spade that's it.[/quote]

Good night Sweet-Cheeks. Razz [/quote]sweet cheeks must be a steelers fan! Just tired seeing most teams playing to win and coachs not teaching players how to play. [/quote]

Cool. Then get your coach's license and start coaching.
I will definitely request you to coach my BB.
Have a great day, your highness.
Mmmmmmmmmmwaaaaah!!!! lol!

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 5/6/2013, 8:49 am

I'm with What. Too much run and gun being played. Unfortunately our system rewards that. No
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GOOOAAALLL 5/6/2013, 8:42 pm

After watching an epic Solar v. Solar game, many of us hung around to watch DTS vs. LP Rush. First, DTS was HANDS DOWN the superior team and I think they will steam roll all to the championship next weekend. When they are at full strength they are unstoppable 98% of the time. I really love the skills they possess and their raw power is something I have come to appreciated and stop to watch them every time I see them on the pitch.

However, I must say I wasn't expecting what I saw from LP Rush. In the first 2 minutes of the game, I saw a perfect combo of passes and a long thru ball and saw DTS get caught flat footed as the LP kid made a great move on the keeper and tapped it in. Most definetly this was not RUN AND GUN. Great passes from the defending half got the run started. Not 3 minutes later the same thing happened again but LP tried one extra pass when the kid should have shot it with no pressure. Props goes to LP Rush for standing up tall to the mighty DTS. I saw many failed attempts to make consecutive passes as DTS dominated the midfield for the majority of the game. On the flip side, DTS had to work for everything they got included 2 monster goals that were hammered from 25+ out plus a free kick from just outside the box. Man those kids can really shoot!

LP Rush has been on fire and lately and no doubt they are now the top LP team at the moment. I was grossly wrong a few months saying LP Gerrard and LP Owen were better than LP Rush. Heck, LP Rush even beat up their own brothers at LP Owen 6-0 when Owens was red red hot. In fact, I would say LP Rush is quite possibly one of the most improved teams along with Texans (Thornber) and TFC the second half of the season. Just my opinion.....
GOOOAAALLL
GOOOAAALLL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turtle 5/6/2013, 9:21 pm

I have seen LP Rush play, and on the whole they are a run and gun team. It is sad to see winning becoming more important than the kids learning the game and playing as a team.

Last edited by turtle on 5/7/2013, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

turtle
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by What 5/7/2013, 6:40 am

cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:

sweet cheeks must be a steelers fan! Just tired seeing most teams playing to win and coachs not teaching players how to play.

"The problem is, in England (and many other countries), you teach children to win the game, in Spain we teach children to play the game."
Jose Mourinho
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 9:19 am

What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:

"The problem is, in England (and many other countries), you teach children to win the game, in Spain we teach children to play the game."
Jose Mourinho

It looks like in Germany, they teach them to WIN the game and PLAY the game. We might want to ask Barcelona and Real Madrid about that just to make sure. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by What 5/7/2013, 9:47 am

Gatorz wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:

Jose Mourinho

It looks like in Germany, they teach them to WIN the game and PLAY the game. We might want to ask Barcelona and Real Madrid about that just to make sure. Very Happy
Gatorz it's going to be alright, losing is not a bad thing at 02 age group, no one cares except parents egos. Give your bb huge tell him you love him make sure you tell him State Cup will be back next year.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/7/2013, 9:50 am

[quote="What"][quote="Gatorz"][quote="What"][quote="cowpukesfan"][quote="What"][quote="cowpukesfan"][quote="What"][quote="cowpukesfan"]LP gave DTS a run for their money.

Good night Sweet-Cheeks. Razz [/quote]sweet cheeks must be a steelers fan! Just tired seeing most teams playing to win and coachs not teaching players how to play. [/quote]

Mmmmmmmmmmwaaaaah!!!! lol! [/quote]"The problem is, in England (and many other countries), you teach children to win the game, in Spain we teach children to play the game."
Jose Mourinho
[/quote]

It looks like in Germany, they teach them to WIN the game and PLAY the game. We might want to ask Barcelona and Real Madrid about that just to make sure. Very Happy [/quote] Gatorz it's going to be alright, losing is not a bad thing at 02 age group, no one cares except parents egos. Give your bb huge tell him you love him make sure you tell him State Cup will be back next year.[/quote]

Wow.... pale

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Five 0 5/7/2013, 12:16 pm

I guess they should change the rules and team with more time of possession wins games.
And get rid of system that team with most goals scored wins game............

Five 0
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 12:37 pm

Five 0 wrote:I guess they should change the rules and team with more time of possession wins games.
And get rid of system that team with most goals scored wins game............

They should ban the long forward pass in American football as well. I sure hope this turns into a "Europe and developing countries are the shiz-nit at teaching soccer and US development sucks" dissertation. Not enough of those threads. I watch high school matches, and I see run and gun. I go to college matches, and I see a lot of run and gun. Perhaps learning run snd gun can be a good thing. So long as the defense is not just booting the ball for dump and chase, I don't care if the coaching is to move the ball forward. My bb needs to learn to move the ball forward fast and well to reach his goals, which do not include the EPL or Barca.

As for this team, I saw a ton of improvement from the first time that we played them in the fall to playing them this spring. The coach appears to get the best out of boys.

Back to top Go down

Post by greatjob 5/7/2013, 2:01 pm

This team HAS improved and plays very well together. The boys have been together a long time and they are enjoying what they are doing. They are learning and devrloping. They love their coach and each other. They win some and lose some but more importantly , they are having fun doing what they love. Why all the haters? Maybe some of you should focus on what is important. THEY ARE 11. It is amazing to me how much negative you can find to say about a team......

greatjob
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by GOOOAAALLL 5/7/2013, 4:51 pm

Sounds to me some are jealous of speed because they dont have it.
You can teach skills and possession to a kid with speed but you cant teach speed to a kid with skills. I wish my BB had speed and the same with his teamates. I only hope that my boy has fun at age 11. He's not going pro anyway! I learned from my older one, that soccer can become a "turn off" and a "job" at a very young age. Keep it fun and hate the game, not the playerz cheers
GOOOAAALLL
GOOOAAALLL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 5/7/2013, 5:36 pm

greatjob wrote:This team HAS improved and plays very well together. The boys have been together a long time and they are enjoying what they are doing. They are learning and devrloping. They love their coach and each other. They win some and lose some but more importantly , they are having fun doing what they love. Why all the haters? Maybe some of you should focus on what is important. THEY ARE 11. It is amazing to me how much negative you can find to say about a team......

You make an extremely good point. The egos of too many posters/parents hide behind the "d" (development) word. Let the youth have a love or a passion for the game.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by madisonmyers 5/8/2013, 4:18 pm

My opinion, and that's all it is is that LP Rush controls the ball well on the first touch. They have accurate passes and often times get the ball off quickly. Their one forward in particular is very fast. You can't let him through. They play the long ball, and if he gets past you, you get schooled. There are only a handful of defenders that can catch a kid like that after getting caught flat footed. Gum up the middle and you put a big ole stopper on that team. Run and gun will only get you so far. They are good though.
madisonmyers
madisonmyers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/8/2013, 4:59 pm

LP02,
My original reply to your post looking for 1-2 players was to give you guys a compliment for the game against DTS last Saturday.
I'm pretty sure you're going to pick up those 1-2 players in no time.
Good luck sir or ma'am.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by What 5/8/2013, 9:00 pm

Look guys take some time go the topic "30 min video from Georgia Youth Soccer-US vs Brasil Player Development Philosophy"click the link and watch the video. Get some popcorn have your bb watch it with you and enjoy. Thanks to Pad322 to posting the video
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/9/2013, 9:01 am

What wrote:
Gatorz wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:

Jose Mourinho

Gatorz it's going to be alright, losing is not a bad thing at 02 age group, no one cares except parents egos. Give your bb huge tell him you love him make sure you tell him State Cup will be back next year.

Already done and next year will be here soon enough. Just couldn't help but throw in a dig on Mourinho after the recent German domination in the CL. The fact is there are many ways to play soccer and Spain's formula for success is not the only way to get it done. IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by What 5/9/2013, 11:06 am

Gatorz wrote:
What wrote:
Gatorz wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:
cowpukesfan wrote:
What wrote:

Jose Mourinho

Already done and next year will be here soon enough. Just couldn't help but throw in a dig on Mourinho after the recent German domination in the CL. The fact is there are many ways to play soccer and Spain's formula for success is not the only way to get it done. IMHO.
your right Spain is not the only way.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down