Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 State Cup Follies - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 State Cup Follies

+10
Rooneyhasplugs
SoccerDunce
my2cents
Kaivermor
camjr
Laimport
soccermom040
Iplaysoccer
Real Barcelona
Keeperdad96
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

96 State Cup Follies - Page 2 Empty Re: 96 State Cup Follies

Post by Laimport 5/7/2013, 3:50 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:CL may not be a top league anymore but it's not intramural sports either. When a lot of the skilled players left for DA, it left most teams scrambling for size and speed, sacrificing skill all together. And since D1 is the most desirable level, D1 teams had their pick of the biggest and fastest players... as long as they help rack up those W's.

And... there is good soccer out there at the college level. We just don't have it here locally. Some of the D2 colleges down South play some good soccer.

NOt enough DA kids to fill out the rosters in college either because of numbers or grades. They will have to put up with the big and faaassst or not fill the rosters at all Wink

The way college soccer is played is a direct (pun intended) result of how youth soccer is handled and approached in this country. That and the fact that it is the path of least resistance for the college coaches.

vast majority of them had crap coaches that played nothing but route 1 footy themselves.

It's all most of them know.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/7/2013, 8:00 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Wake up holmes; CL is not a "top league" anymore. D1 is a player pool of athletic, strong kids. There is still some skill out there but it's not the same. Really ? Funny because NTX teams sure seem to still show very well at out of state tournaments.
Watch some good college soccer from out West or the Northeast; you'll see what is called "skill" and tactical awareness. Then you will realize that the finer points of the game don't include kick ball and crash the box. [color=green] Oh maybe I shouldgo to the College Cup for a couple of years and see the best teams college has to offer. Oh wait , already did that. Best pretty possession teams were UCLA 2011 and Georgetown 2012. Charlotte 2011 was full out direct , or kick ball and crash box, quite ugly really, and they made it to the final and almost won.[/color]
Parents with the "our team does no wrong, we're the best" attitutde feed the monster. Please, please find where I ever said any team was going to be or was the best
The players feed off that mentality and play like they're untouchable. That's why Real got 3-4 players hurt. That's why against Solar, there was a horrible cheap shot that resulted in a send off. That's why FCDP beats you guys... no skill = no composure. ed[color=green]]No composure hmmm. DTR had 5 yellow cards In CL this year. 5 players with 1 caution each. I think ikt is the lowest in the 96 group. The horrible and inexcusable shot happened because the game had spiraled completely out of control. (very glad to hear he is OK) My son who had nothing to do with that was punched prior to that. Yes, flat out punched when play and all eyes went up field. He said it was the dirtiest team he has played ( one of the few exceptions was unfortunately the player that got hurt) and some of his D1 Solar aquaintenances agreed when discussing the game. Real game HMMM. Two players left after collisions with their own teammates and the keeper dove into the post twice and got trucked once by his own teammate. Bottomline is you have not a clue as to what you are talking about. I came on here to contradict your opinion that DTR did not play well. You the proceeded to denegrate me and the players and parents of DTR to bolster your opinion. Really sad. The only valid point you tried to make was of FCD being a very good team and to that I agree. I really enjoy watching them play, especially building an attack.

But keep talking... it makes all this fun.

I will keep talking but will not again respond to any post of yours. You can have all the fun you want putting down me, DTR and whomever else you fancy completely uncontested. I am out on this.
Cool

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/9/2013, 4:08 pm

WOW, 2 yrs of watching college soccer. What's up Yoda!

The reputation for most DT teams in CL is that they are whiny and have a sense of entitlement. Your team is no different. There is always an excuse... even for the cheap shot. Now Solar Red is the diriest team out there? And how would a Solar D1 player now anything about Solar Red? Wait... didn't they lose to Red last year? I can see how they would have a bias opinion.

It's easy to talk about a team when they have no supporters on here. Well, I know a guy on here that is with Solar Red but he probably has too much class to get into this with you! But I would love to hear his take on the game; since he saw the whole match w/o blinders.
lol!
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by camjr 5/9/2013, 4:58 pm

OK, perspective from a SR parent about the DTR game (my opinion only)

It was a well played game by both teams that the ref allowed to escalate. DTR scored on a set piece and an insane goal from the goal line about 10 yards from the post. A collective "wow" could be heard from our defenders and parents, because there was no way a goal could be scored from that angle. SR had plenty of chances but couldn't hit the net.

DTR played tough, physical, but not malicious soccer outside of the idiotic challenge that resulted in injured SR player and the deserved DTR sendoff. My DTR acquaintances had no issue with that sendoff at all. The SR player was able to recover and play Sunday. Luck, ice, compression, and lots of NSAIDS saved the day. It's done (and I say that as the parent of the victim of the tackle)

SR has never been accused of dirty play as far as I'm aware. It would be odd if the D1 Solar team had any info since we've played them once (State Cup last year), and have never practiced against them, scrimmaged them, etc. There has been no interaction at all between the two teams. Much of that team turned over anyway last year after State Cup. Sure, some of those players may have moved on to other teams, but there's really no history there. There was no issue in the other two games against DTWW and Independiente.

I've been around this league a long time as a coach, manager, club board member, parent, etc., etc., etc. I've seen it all. I dont get into accusing teams of being dirty or chippy, even back in the crazy *spam* days that many of us remember. Games can get that way with whoever is playing based on the circumstances of a given day. I may make observations on styles of play, but not intent. That requires getting inside the brain of a testosterone fueled teenage boy, and I have enough trouble doing that with my son - forget doing with kids I don't know that well.

Cheers
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 5/9/2013, 5:29 pm

Gatorz wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:Wake up holmes; CL is not a "top league" anymore. D1 is a player pool of athletic, strong kids. There is still some skill out there but it's not the same. Watch some good college soccer from out West or the Northeast; you'll see what is called "skill" and tactical awareness. Then you will realize that the finer points of the game don't include kick ball and crash the box.
Parents with the "our team does no wrong, we're the best" attitutde feed the monster. The players feed off that mentality and play like they're untouchable. That's why Real got 3-4 players hurt. That's why against Solar, there was a horrible cheap shot that resulted in a send off. That's why FCDP beats you guys... no skill = no composure.
But keep talking... it makes all this fun.
Cool

Maybe it is possible that the kids left in CL by age 16-18 that did not make a DA roster are there not for the development side of things, but just to have fun and try to WIN. There is nothing wrong with playing a little kickball, smash em up soccer ( as long as no one gets hurt) if you know you are not a college level player and you are just trying to finish up your soccer career and have some fun. I have been told by coaches in CL that D1 at U16-U18 since DA came along is more like RUGBY.

You couldn't be more wrong on many levels. now the physicality, cheap shot crap is definitely there and usually to level the playing field against better passing/possession teams or teams that do have skill. After all, if you suck, then take out the better players. but many of the kids are there to get better and hopefully get noticed. Just because they don't play DA ball doesn't mean otherwise. some kids just don't want to play DA ball recognizing it for what it is. Another layer of crap.

Talk of Development is for the younger ages. By the time you are 16-18 if you don't have it, you wont get it.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 5/9/2013, 5:33 pm

Laimport wrote:This is interesting. Really.

DA/PA types like to look down their noses on "lowly D1" teams. D1 teams think D2 and D3 is beneath them.

Then there's the assumption that DA somehow has a monopoly on the top talent. While there may be some or even a lot of truth to that...some players and their families just don't want to join a DA team.

For a variety of reasons. But it isn't always because they "aren't good enough".

I also find it interesting when someone complains about or speculates about an "academy player" playing on a club team. Who cares? Obviously many parents do.

If it's really about winning then beating the best should be the objective.

Or is it winning at all costs? That certainly is the mantra for the majority of NTX clubs. Because winning equates to revenue ie. "more customers".

The relative "competitiveness" of classic league isn't the issue.

The real issue is parent egos and unrealistic expectations...and a lack of perspective.

In other words, parents seem to be more concerned about how they and their kids are perceived than the enjoyment of playing the game and the pursuit of excellence.

exactly right. the idea because a kid is DA they are somehow superior to kids who are not is laughable. Many choose not to play because DA is not for them and realistically they prefer to be in control of when, where and for whom they can play. DA hardly has a monopoly on the best players. Its more of the same old same old.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerx2 5/11/2013, 10:52 am

The golden child has fallen.....
Solar 3 - FCD Premier 1

And in other news....
DT Red South 3 - DT Red 1

Congratulations to Solar and DT Red South!!

soccerx2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerx2 5/11/2013, 11:55 am

Correction....
Solar 4 - FCD P 1

Wow! Very Happy

soccerx2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 State Cup Follies - Page 2 Empty Wow!

Post by Guest 5/11/2013, 3:59 pm

Well, well (as one of our favorite FCDP homers always gloats). How about a slice of humble pie to those who just didn't understand that on any given day, you might get whipped. Despite so many of the previous posts, there are plenty of other competitive D1 teams out there. Hopefully, this morning was a reality check for those that have spent the better part of the season thinking there was only one.
Congratulations to Solar and DTRS. Well played. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 5/12/2013, 12:43 pm

It's funny how they all went stone cold silent.

You know we'd be enduring another onslaught of "we're the best" statements had they made the finals and god forbid, won the championship game.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 5/12/2013, 1:38 pm

Sorry, been kind of busy, but don't worry I'm back. FCDP played terribly but that doesn't make Solar better. But, it has to be given to them, Solar played extremely well, and In the second half did something that no other team all season has done. They actually passed in the attacking third. That's what made the difference. Well done to them
Besides, there's a chance that FCDP could still go to regionals, if Tusla win their state cup Wink

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerx2 5/12/2013, 2:40 pm

Congratulations to Solar for winning the State Cup! Today they are THE BEST TEAM!! cheers

soccerx2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 5/12/2013, 9:44 pm

Just for clarification. Rostered full-time DA players cannot play in State Cup on ANY team just like they cannot play on their High School team. It is forbidden by USSF DA rules. However, players that are rostered on a Classic League team that periodically plays on a DA team, a so called DP player, can play on his Classic League team. DP players are not real DA players in the sense that they are limited to 6 DA games and don't normally travel with the team.

On the issue of DA having the corner on talent. There are many players who want to play for their high school, want to play other sports, or just don't want to do all of the travel that DA does. And these players could easily make a DA team. However, the main difference between a DA team and say a Classic League team is that ALL of the players on the DA teams are of the highest level. Where a Classic League team may have a couple of DA quality players the rest are not at the level. Just my observance from having a player having gone through the DA program.

I have no doubt at least 2 of the players (that I know of) on the Solar 96 team, who played with my DA son in high school, were good enough to make a DA team had they wanted to.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 5/13/2013, 7:49 am

Good post!
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 5/13/2013, 12:07 pm

Well, well…..the gold is tarnished…..Congrats to both Solar & DTRS…..nothing is given as teams have closed the gap
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer's dad 5/13/2013, 1:44 pm

soccergrinder wrote:Just for clarification. Rostered full-time DA players cannot play in State Cup on ANY team just like they cannot play on their High School team. It is forbidden by USSF DA rules. However, players that are rostered on a Classic League team that periodically plays on a DA team, a so called DP player, can play on his Classic League team. DP players are not real DA players in the sense that they are limited to 6 DA games and don't normally travel with the team.

On the issue of DA having the corner on talent. There are many players who want to play for their high school, want to play other sports, or just don't want to do all of the travel that DA does. And these players could easily make a DA team. However, the main difference between a DA team and say a Classic League team is that ALL of the players on the DA teams are of the highest level. Where a Classic League team may have a couple of DA quality players the rest are not at the level. Just my observance from having a player having gone through the DA program.

I have no doubt at least 2 of the players (that I know of) on the Solar 96 team, who played with my DA son in high school, were good enough to make a DA team had they wanted to.

I would like to add the 96 Solar team DID NOT add any players for State Cup. This is the same group of boys that have played together all year. As grinder said above the 2 boys (I think that 3 were asked from same school on the 96 Solar team) he is talking about wanted to play high school ball with their friends. I know that I am very proud of these boys for what they have done and hope that Solar represents the state of Texas in Regionals the way we would like to see any of the top teams from North Texas do for our league.

One side note as for the top 5 teams in classic league I personal do not think that one is hands down better than the other. Everyone talks about FC how they can’t be stopped or beat. They did beat us this year in very very close game so for anyone one to say they are in a league of their own I think you need to look at both Texans, TFC and Solar a little better and not have on blinders. All of these YOUNG MEN can play and a lot of them will continue on into collage and I look for some to be playing Pro on down the road. cheers
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 5/13/2013, 2:58 pm

hammer's dad wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:Just for clarification. Rostered full-time DA players cannot play in State Cup on ANY team just like they cannot play on their High School team. It is forbidden by USSF DA rules. However, players that are rostered on a Classic League team that periodically plays on a DA team, a so called DP player, can play on his Classic League team. DP players are not real DA players in the sense that they are limited to 6 DA games and don't normally travel with the team.

I would like to add the 96 Solar team DID NOT add any players for State Cup. This is the same group of boys that have played together all year. As grinder said above the 2 boys (I think that 3 were asked from same school on the 96 Solar team) he is talking about wanted to play high school ball with their friends. I know that I am very proud of these boys for what they have done and hope that Solar represents the state of Texas in Regionals the way we would like to see any of the top teams from North Texas do for our league.

One side note as for the top 5 teams in classic league I personal do not think that one is hands down better than the other. Everyone talks about FC how they can’t be stopped or beat. They did beat us this year in very very close game so for anyone one to say they are in a league of their own I think you need to look at both Texans, TFC and Solar a little better and not have on blinders. All of these YOUNG MEN can play and a lot of them will continue on into collage and I look for some to be playing Pro on down the road. cheers

I think to have any judgement on how good these other teams around the top 4-5 actually are, someone would have had to watch every single match over the course of the season. I don't believe any team in the top 5 used any additional players. Good luck to Solar at regionals, hope FCD get a spot too, would make a good NTX final

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2