Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 State Cup Follies Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 State Cup Follies

+10
Rooneyhasplugs
SoccerDunce
my2cents
Kaivermor
camjr
Laimport
soccermom040
Iplaysoccer
Real Barcelona
Keeperdad96
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

96 State Cup Follies Empty 96 State Cup Follies

Post by Keeperdad96 5/5/2013, 10:45 pm

So what the heck happened in the TFC v Solar Chelsea game this afternoon? Sounds like things got pretty ugly. Any first hand accounts to share?
In other news, FCDP and DTR sailed through their brackets, but the other brackets looks like there may have had some interesting games. If Solar really got all the red cards that are rumored, that should make it a cakewalk for FCDP to reach the final.

Keeperdad96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 State Cup Follies Empty Re: 96 State Cup Follies

Post by Real Barcelona 5/6/2013, 7:26 am

Ummm my pick to take it all is.....FCD premier. They will represent the region well.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 5/6/2013, 7:56 am

What about Texans Red South putting SEVEN over FCDY?? Probably the shock of the tournament.

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/6/2013, 10:09 am

Keeperdad96 wrote:So what the heck happened in the TFC v Solar Chelsea game this afternoon? Sounds like things got pretty ugly. Any first hand accounts to share?
In other news, FCDP and DTR sailed through their brackets, but the other brackets looks like there may have had some interesting games. If Solar really got all the red cards that are rumored, that should make it a cakewalk for FCDP to reach the final.

So, what did happen in TFC/Solar match?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/6/2013, 10:55 am

Keeperdad96 wrote:So what the heck happened in the TFC v Solar Chelsea game this afternoon? Sounds like things got pretty ugly. Any first hand accounts to share?

FCD sailed through; DTR didn't performed as well. I would've expected them to hang more goals on a bottom D1 team and a D2 team.
FCD is the better team but it all depends on how many academy players pop up on these rosters.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 5/6/2013, 11:25 am

soccermom040 wrote:

FCD sailed through; DTR didn't performed as well. I would've expected them to hang more goals on a bottom D1 team and a D2 team.
FCD is the better team but it all depends on how many academy players pop up on these rosters.

This is why you can't assume a team's relative strength just based on CL results. Especially in tournaments.

On any given day, a d2 or d3 team can (and do) surprise a 'top d1 team'.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by camjr 5/6/2013, 11:56 am

I just see high jeresy numbers and assume academy players. For the DTR/DTWW/Solar Red/Independiente bracket, I believe DTWW had several for the tournament, but don't know about DTR. Solar Red did not bring any academy players, and it's not an option for Independiente.
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 State Cup Follies Empty 96 State Cup Follies

Post by Kaivermor 5/6/2013, 12:25 pm

I glanced at DTWW roster; do see at least one player listed who I had seen playing on DT Academy earlier in the year.

Having said that, I looked at their standings and it looked like they didn't win a game, so I don't find the presence of the academy player impactful to this tourney.
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/6/2013, 12:52 pm

DTWW had 1 Academy Developmental Player for the weekend. DTR had zero guest , club pass or academy players playing. Mom why would you expect a team that has not been a high scoring team all year to suddenly become one?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 5/6/2013, 2:11 pm

Iplaysoccer wrote:What about Texans Red South putting SEVEN over FCDY?? Probably the shock of the tournament.
I assume you are not confusing FCD premier and FCD youth. I am not surprised about results since they vary depending on the players that are on the field and on the bench. If both had full roster then the result would be surprising even for FCD youth. Maybe there was dissent (mutiny) among the FCD youth players? Who knows.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/6/2013, 3:41 pm

my2cents wrote:DTWW had 1 Academy Developmental Player for the weekend. DTR had zero guest , club pass or academy players playing. Mom why would you expect a team that has not been a high scoring team all year to suddenly become one?

Actually, one of the DTWW players said they had 3 club pass players. DTR had the academy players last year. Would be nice to see these teams stick to their real rosters.

Cents... sarcasm is a wonderful thing!
But wouldn't you think that after all the DTR talk (pre-season and up until the last league game) they would not give up 3 goals to a D3 team? I think that game was 3-3 at the half.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeperdad96 5/6/2013, 4:05 pm

soccermom040 wrote:
my2cents wrote:DTWW had 1 Academy Developmental Player for the weekend. DTR had zero guest , club pass or academy players playing. Mom why would you expect a team that has not been a high scoring team all year to suddenly become one?

Actually, one of the DTWW players said they had 3 club pass players. DTR had the academy players last year. Would be nice to see these teams stick to their real rosters.

Cents... sarcasm is a wonderful thing!
But wouldn't you think that after all the DTR talk (pre-season and up until the last league game) they would not give up 3 goals to a D3 team? I think that game was 3-3 at the half.

Mom, sarcasm is a wonderful thing indeed, but so are good facts! Better check your sources on just about every statement you made above.

Keeperdad96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/6/2013, 4:33 pm

Club pass players can be any player in the club. It does not mean it is an academy plater. Once again they had one DP academy player. If they had 3 club pass players than that equaled the amount of subs they had.
Yes that game was 3-3 at one point. 1 bizarre own goal by DTR, 1 nice header off a corner and gimme from an AR that was 10 yards up the line and erroneously called a goal on one that was not even that close. The game was not close before that in terms of play and was just a beat down after that. Scores can be very decieving but you are free to draw your own conclusions.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/6/2013, 5:26 pm

Keeperdad... what facts do I need to confirm? CENTS just confirmed the 3-3 halftime. I said nothing about how the game went.

The DTWW academy players... I saw two for sure, one from the U18's, one from the U16's. One of them must be dual rostered b/c I saw him play earlier in the Spring. Bottom line is that there were at least two. I'll PM you their names if you want. Laughing

So what's the excuse for the games against Solar (D2) and DTWW with ineffective academy players? Let me guess, both teams were lucky to keep it close under 5!?

I remember CENTS from back in the day, before he joined Texans. There's always an excuse for mediocore play. Smile
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/6/2013, 6:15 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Keeperdad... what facts do I need to confirm? CENTS just confirmed the 3-3 halftime. I said nothing about how the game went.

The DTWW academy players... I saw two for sure, one from the U18's, one from the U16's. One of them must be dual rostered b/c I saw him play earlier in the Spring. Bottom line is that there were at least two. I'll PM you their names if you want. Laughing

So what's the excuse for the games against Solar (D2) and DTWW with ineffective academy players? Let me guess, both teams were lucky to keep it close under 5!?

I remember CENTS from back in the day, before he joined Texans. There's always an excuse for mediocore play. Smile

Yeah I was always making excuses for that poor team that struggled all the way from PPL D2 to CL D1. Now I am making excuses for the poor 2nd place team in one of the top leagues
in the country. They were only able to beat the top team for 90 minutes.
You obviously do not understand the finer points of the game if you believe goals scored is the measure of a team.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 5/7/2013, 7:09 am

my2cents wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:Keeperdad... what facts do I need to confirm? CENTS just confirmed the 3-3 halftime. I said nothing about how the game went.

Yeah I was always making excuses for that poor team that struggled all the way from PPL D2 to CL D1. Now I am making excuses for the poor 2nd place team in one of the top leagues
in the country. They were only able to beat the top team for 90 minutes.
You obviously do not understand the finer points of the game if you believe goals scored is the measure of a team.

And neither do you sir, if you believe that DTR outplayed FCDP in the final match of the season. Sure you had the lead, but the goals scored and when they're scored aren't the measure of a good team.

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/7/2013, 8:21 am

Wake up holmes; CL is not a "top league" anymore. D1 is a player pool of athletic, strong kids. There is still some skill out there but it's not the same. Watch some good college soccer from out West or the Northeast; you'll see what is called "skill" and tactical awareness. Then you will realize that the finer points of the game don't include kick ball and crash the box.
Parents with the "our team does no wrong, we're the best" attitutde feed the monster. The players feed off that mentality and play like they're untouchable. That's why Real got 3-4 players hurt. That's why against Solar, there was a horrible cheap shot that resulted in a send off. That's why FCDP beats you guys... no skill = no composure.
But keep talking... it makes all this fun.
Cool
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by camjr 5/7/2013, 8:50 am

It took a lot of work getting the swelling out overnight, but the Solar Red victim of that horrible cheap shot managed to play most of the 90 on Sunday. He's lucky his shin wasn't snapped. That was rediculous.
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 5/7/2013, 9:14 am

Heh, heh….now the "skills" comment was funny…..many people seem to forget how many players were playing DA that chose to come back to CL….DUH! …..FCDP has the SKILLS to win .....again
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 9:15 am

soccermom040 wrote:Wake up holmes; CL is not a "top league" anymore. D1 is a player pool of athletic, strong kids. There is still some skill out there but it's not the same. Watch some good college soccer from out West or the Northeast; you'll see what is called "skill" and tactical awareness. Then you will realize that the finer points of the game don't include kick ball and crash the box.
Parents with the "our team does no wrong, we're the best" attitutde feed the monster. The players feed off that mentality and play like they're untouchable. That's why Real got 3-4 players hurt. That's why against Solar, there was a horrible cheap shot that resulted in a send off. That's why FCDP beats you guys... no skill = no composure.
But keep talking... it makes all this fun.
Cool

Maybe it is possible that the kids left in CL by age 16-18 that did not make a DA roster are there not for the development side of things, but just to have fun and try to WIN. There is nothing wrong with playing a little kickball, smash em up soccer ( as long as no one gets hurt) if you know you are not a college level player and you are just trying to finish up your soccer career and have some fun. I have been told by coaches in CL that D1 at U16-U18 since DA came along is more like RUGBY.

Talk of Development is for the younger ages. By the time you are 16-18 if you don't have it, you wont get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 5/7/2013, 10:45 am

Maybe it is possible that the kids left in CL by age 16-18 that did not make a DA roster are there not for the development side of things, but just to have fun and try to WIN. There is nothing wrong with playing a little kickball, smash em up soccer ( as long as no one gets hurt) if you know you are not a college level player and you are just trying to finish up your soccer career and have some fun. I have been told by coaches in CL that D1 at U16-U18 since DA came along is more like RUGBY.

Talk of Development is for the younger ages. By the time you are 16-18 if you don't have it, you wont get it.
[/quote]
I doubt that the players on the FCD premier team are there to have fun. They travel to showcase tournaments not to have fun but to look for scholarships. The same is true for players from other teams in the classic league. I know of players that have been offered scholarships even in division II teams. So there you have it. Not being in the DA does not mean you cannot get a scholarship or play in College. Come on be realistic it is not like the level of play of college is THAT great. And by the way a player is not fully mature until age 21 so yes he/she can continue to develop as a player.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/7/2013, 3:14 pm

CL may not be a top league anymore but it's not intramural sports either. When a lot of the skilled players left for DA, it left most teams scrambling for size and speed, sacrificing skill all together. And since D1 is the most desirable level, D1 teams had their pick of the biggest and fastest players... as long as they help rack up those W's.

And... there is good soccer out there at the college level. We just don't have it here locally. Some of the D2 colleges down South play some good soccer.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 5/7/2013, 3:31 pm

soccermom040 wrote:CL may not be a top league anymore but it's not intramural sports either. When a lot of the skilled players left for DA, it left most teams scrambling for size and speed, sacrificing skill all together. And since D1 is the most desirable level, D1 teams had their pick of the biggest and fastest players... as long as they help rack up those W's.

And... there is good soccer out there at the college level. We just don't have it here locally. Some of the D2 colleges down South play some good soccer.

NOt enough DA kids to fill out the rosters in college either because of numbers or grades. They will have to put up with the big and faaassst or not fill the rosters at all Wink

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 5/7/2013, 3:47 pm

This is interesting. Really.

DA/PA types like to look down their noses on "lowly D1" teams. D1 teams think D2 and D3 is beneath them.

Then there's the assumption that DA somehow has a monopoly on the top talent. While there may be some or even a lot of truth to that...some players and their families just don't want to join a DA team.

For a variety of reasons. But it isn't always because they "aren't good enough".

I also find it interesting when someone complains about or speculates about an "academy player" playing on a club team. Who cares? Obviously many parents do.

If it's really about winning then beating the best should be the objective.

Or is it winning at all costs? That certainly is the mantra for the majority of NTX clubs. Because winning equates to revenue ie. "more customers".

The relative "competitiveness" of classic league isn't the issue.

The real issue is parent egos and unrealistic expectations...and a lack of perspective.

In other words, parents seem to be more concerned about how they and their kids are perceived than the enjoyment of playing the game and the pursuit of excellence.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 5/7/2013, 3:50 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:CL may not be a top league anymore but it's not intramural sports either. When a lot of the skilled players left for DA, it left most teams scrambling for size and speed, sacrificing skill all together. And since D1 is the most desirable level, D1 teams had their pick of the biggest and fastest players... as long as they help rack up those W's.

NOt enough DA kids to fill out the rosters in college either because of numbers or grades. They will have to put up with the big and faaassst or not fill the rosters at all Wink

The way college soccer is played is a direct (pun intended) result of how youth soccer is handled and approached in this country. That and the fact that it is the path of least resistance for the college coaches.

vast majority of them had crap coaches that played nothing but route 1 footy themselves.

It's all most of them know.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next