Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

New Competitive League - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

New Competitive League

+11
soccermom040
norwich city
soccerdad1
The German
b0013
clueless
liebevin
indyfc
coachdom
go99
rusty29000
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Competitive League - Page 2 Empty Re: New Competitive League

Post by my2cents 1/14/2010, 9:11 am

Yeah lets make sure they can play in two leagues, throw in some indoor, maybe some extra skills sessions ,tournaments etc. I can smell the burn out smoke already.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/14/2010, 11:46 am

or how about we throw out some indoor, extra skills, drop a few tournaments etc? The smoke will not be coming from a free play enviornment. The new league has the potential to become a fun enviornment for kids to go back to just enjoying soccer. It will probably never take off because the Clubs, competative parents, and probably the league it's self will ruin it. Let the kids form teams with friends etc, regardless of club affiliation. Use minimal coaching and subs, and allow the kids to just play and enjoy playing.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 1/17/2010, 11:30 am

my2cents wrote:Yeah lets make sure they can play in two leagues, throw in some indoor, maybe some extra skills sessions ,tournaments etc. I can smell the burn out smoke already.

Don't forget to throw in the 5 different coaching styles into the mix. Nothing like listening to 5 different coaches telling you they are the only ones who really know how to coach. That when you play for ME you do this and that and blah blah blah....kid won't know what he's doing in 2 weeks time.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 1/17/2010, 2:21 pm

I really think that more games can be beneficial. The problem is how American boys tend to play from U15 on up. There is too much emotion and too many hard tackles. You can't do that year round and expect to stay healthy. There are three types of tackles: block, toe-poke, and a slide tackle where you are side by side and you get the ball. A collision is not a tackle. Sliding into a player at top speed is not a tackle.
If you are going to play more games, we have to focus on more controlled play in both attacking and defending.
Seriously, if you want to see how it can be done, just watch a Men's Mexican League. They aren't trying to hurt each other. They know how important their legs and back are. You also see mutual respect. If we can learn to do that, then a game every day wouldn't even be a problem.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/17/2010, 4:16 pm

mrclean wrote:I really think that more games can be beneficial. The problem is how American boys tend to play from U15 on up. There is too much emotion and too many hard tackles. You can't do that year round and expect to stay healthy. There are three types of tackles: block, toe-poke, and a slide tackle where you are side by side and you get the ball. A collision is not a tackle. Sliding into a player at top speed is not a tackle.
If you are going to play more games, we have to focus on more controlled play in both attacking and defending.
Seriously, if you want to see how it can be done, just watch a Men's Mexican League. They aren't trying to hurt each other. They know how important their legs and back are. You also see mutual respect. If we can learn to do that, then a game every day wouldn't even be a problem.

I am not so sure about that. Fort Worth Park and Rec will not let adult mens league( almost 100%hispanic) and youth games play on the same field complex because of the langauge and fights. I agree about the hard tackles but there is also alot of dirty play. Watched a bunch of HS games this weekend and last few weeks and the dirty play was not carded and was condoned by coaches. It is sad.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 1/17/2010, 6:15 pm

my2cents wrote:
mrclean wrote:I really think that more games can be beneficial. The problem is how American boys tend to play from U15 on up. There is too much emotion and too many hard tackles. You can't do that year round and expect to stay healthy. There are three types of tackles: block, toe-poke, and a slide tackle where you are side by side and you get the ball. A collision is not a tackle. Sliding into a player at top speed is not a tackle.

I am not so sure about that. Fort Worth Park and Rec will not let adult mens league( almost 100%hispanic) and youth games play on the same field complex because of the langauge and fights. I agree about the hard tackles but there is also alot of dirty play. Watched a bunch of HS games this weekend and last few weeks and the dirty play was not carded and was condoned by coaches. It is sad.

Can't really speak to the topic BUT I will concur with you on the dirty play being allowed by refs and condoned by coaches in the HS games I've seen so far this season. I'm all for good, physical play but some of the stuff I witnessed this past weekend, especially, definitely crossed that line.
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 1/17/2010, 10:58 pm

I don't think that the referees condone fouls or violent play. There is only so much they can do when players are playing out of control. If they blew their whistle and issued a card everytime the players, parents, or coaches wanted one, the game would never flow. Certainly, a player coming in like a linebacker or taking out a player from behind is an easy call. The problem is in sloppy, reckless play where bodies are flying and collisions are every 5-10 seconds. With poor buildup and possession, there are bodies going everywhere.
As far as the Mexican Leagues, I am also guilty of over generalizing. My son who is Caucasion has played in the Mexican Leagues since he was in 8th grade. We came from a town with only one select team and when that didn't work out that was his only choice besides rec. We were nervous at first. But once we got to know the culture, we became more at ease and now I worry very little about injuries in those games. Respect is important. As long as you are not playing to hurt anyone, then the players treat you with respect. For these four years, I've never seen a serious injury on the field and I have never seen anyone hurt at all from a fight. My son has only received a cheap shot once and players and fans from both teams scolded the player. In youth play, I see injuries every weekend. It's the way we play the game.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2