Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Is it just me or lots of teams looking? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Is it just me or lots of teams looking?

+7
Dropball
Soccerinsanity
omega striker
my2cents
Number13
SoccerXXX
Rightback
11 posters

Go down

Is it just me or lots of teams looking? Empty Is it just me or lots of teams looking?

Post by Guest 6/28/2013, 8:38 am

Seems like every post on this forum is about a team looking for 2-3 players.  Not sure if its a sign of things to come but with the frequent posts about needed players I dont see why any "new clubs" would build infrastructure locally in TX.  Perhaps its just all the player movement before July 1st however I would expect lots of kids participating in this lovely sport. Right now it appears that we're all lacking in players.

What are your thoughts?  Do we have less than enough players in NTX, to many teams, to many clubs, etc?  Is everyone just going over to the big boys?

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or lots of teams looking? Empty Re: Is it just me or lots of teams looking?

Post by Rightback 6/28/2013, 8:57 am

You have to decide which one is worse. The fact that the clubs do not commit to the kids or the fact that the parents do not commit to the clubs.

We live in a fast food world and everyone seems to be trying to find an angle. If my kid just played for a different club maybe he would turn out to be Christiano. On the other hand, the Clubs do not give you much to be loyal to...so there it is. That is why June in North Texas is always a mess.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or lots of teams looking? Empty Re: Is it just me or lots of teams looking?

Post by SoccerXXX 6/28/2013, 8:58 am

Rightback - Well said!
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/28/2013, 9:15 am

Rightback wrote:You have to decide which one is worse. The fact that the clubs do not commit to the kids or the fact that the parents do not commit to the clubs.

We live in a fast food world and everyone seems to be trying to find an angle. If my kid just played for a different club maybe he would turn out to be Christiano. On the other hand, the Clubs do not give you much to be loyal to...so there it is. That is why June in North Texas is always a mess.

Valid points but what about all the teams looking? Seems like every other post on this forum is about a team looking for players. Do we not have enough players in NTX or just way to many teams?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/28/2013, 9:27 am

Rightback wrote:You have to decide which one is worse. The fact that the clubs do not commit to the kids or the fact that the parents do not commit to the clubs.

Lol, soccer is a business, evidenced by the full rosters on clubs. The clubs only have loyalty to their pocketbooks so why should parent have loyalty to a club that really doesn't provide any different service than another club? A coach, a jersey, a field etc. take all the terrible teams that are fully rostered and charge top dollar, it is a cynical joke.

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or lots of teams looking? Empty Agree

Post by Guest 6/28/2013, 9:57 am

It does seem more so this year than ever (at least in the 99s) that teams need players. It leads me to believe there are more teams than BBs, not sure if Academy has stretched the bench that thin across CL. In 99s, FCD Premier had difficulty getting boys to open practices, FCD Red down to 6 players. Then FCD Central, FCD Black (PPL) and FCD Blue have way more BBs out than rosters can handle. This year, at least FCD coaches working together to cooperate and move players around to other teams.

That said, FCD Central Blue looking for 1-2 more top notch players...IM me if interested! cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/28/2013, 10:07 am

If the service is really no different, then why NOT be loyal to the club?    

The reason you have all the clubs looking is because almost every team has 1/3 to 1/4 turnover every year.  Is the turnover because the parents have satisfaction ADD or because the clubs are always looking to upgrade, or because other clubs are always selling that theirs is better?   Probably all of the above.  

Why do I get 25 calls from headhunters a week?  Cause headhunters are always convincing OTHER dumbasses to quit their jobs and go try something else.   Doesn't necessarily mean there is any signficant shortage in the workforce.   Just a lot of churn.  

Youth soccer may be a business, but its a pretty crappy business.  Personally I would hate to be a club/coach and have to rebuild my clientele list every year when it means courting the serial movers and green-grass chasers.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/28/2013, 10:16 am

Turnover happens every year. Why shouldn't it. With the expanded roster sizes that creates more bench players and with the emphasis on winning many do not see much game time. These boys want to play no matter the level of their ability or the team they are on . The majority of bench players leave most teams every year looking for a team they can get more playing time on. Many top players leave looking to move up to bigger challenges. Thus all teams end up "looking for 2 or 3players". If they need more, as most will, they are not going to advertise it as it appears desparate or unstable.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/28/2013, 11:44 am

IlikeEPL wrote:It does seem more so this year than ever (at least in the 99s) that teams need players.  It leads me to believe there are more teams than BBs, not sure if Academy has stretched the bench that thin across CL.  In 99s, FCD Premier had difficulty getting boys to open practices, FCD Red down to 6 players.  Then FCD Central, FCD Black (PPL) and FCD Blue have way more BBs out than rosters can handle.  This year, at least FCD coaches working together to cooperate and move players around to other teams.

That said, FCD Central Blue looking for 1-2 more top notch players...IM me if interested!  cheers 
that one was incorrect sir nobody wants to touch that with a 100ft pole!Razz 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/28/2013, 12:26 pm

I also think the challenge tournament change has added to the mix-up this year. More new teams coming in/out have caused kids to re-evaluate where they want to be, and where they think they should be?

For example, if a PPL kid played well in the tourney, they may decide to go tryout at d3, even if their own team didn't make it????
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dropball 6/28/2013, 1:11 pm

Seems like every post on this forum is about a team looking for 2-3 players

Because until contracts are signed and turned in every coach is still hoping to land that best unsigned player they are convinced is lurking out there somewhere.
Dropball
Dropball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 6/28/2013, 2:58 pm

True, but some are looking for the gravy - once their core is settled - to get full dues from a couple of "'developmental" players who will sit the bench.

Yes, the next Messi just might show up in open practices this late in June. Some will leave 1 spot open just in case, but the rest are gravy.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/28/2013, 3:10 pm

I heard a lot of coaches sent away some boys in the beginning of June and are now regretting it?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or lots of teams looking? Empty Diego Castro just cut his B team.

Post by boys03soccer 6/28/2013, 6:20 pm

Solar - Diego Castro just cut his B team, so lots of players are looking now.

boys03soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/28/2013, 9:22 pm

omega striker wrote:
IlikeEPL wrote:It does seem more so this year than ever (at least in the 99s) that teams need players.  It leads me to believe there are more teams than BBs, not sure if Academy has stretched the bench that thin across CL.  In 99s, FCD Premier had difficulty getting boys to open practices, FCD Red down to 6 players.  Then FCD Central, FCD Black (PPL) and FCD Blue have way more BBs out than rosters can handle.  This year, at least FCD coaches working together to cooperate and move players around to other teams.

That said, FCD Central Blue looking for 1-2 more top notch players...IM me if interested!  cheers 

Arias' team? I was told he has lots of players out! But, I stand corrected then!

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside 6/28/2013, 10:49 pm

rdeal486 wrote:Seems like every post on this forum is about a team looking for 2-3 players.  Not sure if its a sign of things to come but with the frequent posts about needed players I dont see why any "new clubs" would build infrastructure locally in TX.  Perhaps its just all the player movement before July 1st however I would expect lots of kids participating in this lovely sport.  Right now it appears that we're all lacking in players.

What are your thoughts?  Do we have less than enough players in NTX, to many teams, to many clubs, etc?  Is everyone just going over to the big boys?

Maybe the players have decided that this is more fun:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/169026/italian-bubble-football-is-exactly-as-awesome-as-it-sounds-video.html
bounce

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/28/2013, 10:55 pm

IlikeEPL wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Arias' team?  I was told he has lots of players out!  But, I stand corrected then!
I as told 8 or 9 No 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/29/2013, 3:33 pm

Offside wrote:
rdeal486 wrote:Seems like every post on this forum is about a team looking for 2-3 players.  Not sure if its a sign of things to come but with the frequent posts about needed players I dont see why any "new clubs" would build infrastructure locally in TX.  Perhaps its just all the player movement before July 1st however I would expect lots of kids participating in this lovely sport.  Right now it appears that we're all lacking in players.

Maybe the players have decided that this is more fun:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/169026/italian-bubble-football-is-exactly-as-awesome-as-it-sounds-video.html
bounce

I just showed my 7 year old and now he wants to try this. He cant stop taking about it HA AHA HA HAAHAH AH.

Back to top Go down

Post by AmoCalcio 6/29/2013, 11:13 pm

The video made my day! My son said it's stupid!
AmoCalcio
AmoCalcio
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/30/2013, 9:33 am

AmoCalcio wrote:The video made my day!  My son said it's stupid!  

How old is your son? And just in case your insinuating my son is dumb, va fan culo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2013, 4:38 pm

Im going to say it again, maybe we have just 1 too many teams out there. Perhaps its time to cut back on how many teams exist in NTX, I feel everyone is struggling to get the last 2-3 players on their roster.

Too many teams, not enough kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 7/2/2013, 5:08 pm

Again, beware the 1-2 players posts. Looking for 1 of 2 things:
1) the next Messi to miraculously show up and want to play on your D2/D3/Plano team
2) paying bench sitters so that scholarships can be given to non-paying starters, i.e. money grab

Unless your BB can walk in and immediately take a starting spot away from someone, STAY AWAY.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down