Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013) Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013)

+12
Goooal!!!
34blast
soccermom040
omega striker
soccerdad1
FlatBack4
DragonStryker
scoregazam
off_the_woodwork
hammer's dad
SoccerDunce
Real Barcelona
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013) Empty 96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013)

Post by Guest 7/29/2013, 1:18 pm

I will kick things off. We all look forward to another thorough overview by iplaysoccer.  Until then, here is my predicted finish to the shortened CL season:

1. Solar Chelsea
2. FCD Prem
3. DTR
4. FCDY
5. DTRW
6. DTRS
7. DTRN
8. DTWW
9. ODY
10. Solar Red

Back to top Go down

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013) Empty Re: 96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013)

Post by Real Barcelona 7/29/2013, 1:34 pm

I see a conflict of interest....

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 7/30/2013, 9:10 am

Well, well…..I’ll bite…..
1. FCD Prem
2. DTR
3. FCDY
4. DTRN(TFC)
5. Solar Chelsea
6. DTRS
7. DTWW
8. DTRW
9. ODY
10. Solar Red

Oh wait…….isn’t this the way it finished?
Shocked 
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer's dad 7/31/2013, 8:19 pm

scratch scratch scratch 
1. Solar Chelsea
2. DTR
3. FCD Prem
4. DTRN/TFC
5. DTRS
6. FCDY
7. DTRW
8. Solar Red
9. DTWW
10. ODY

I think top four I picked will be in top 4 spots at end of year maybe in a different order who knows...

Last edited by hammer's dad on 8/1/2013, 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 7/31/2013, 11:16 pm

1. FCD Prem
2. Solar Chelsea
3. DTR
4. FCDY
5. DTRW
6. DTRN / TFC
7. DTRS
8. DTWW
9. Solar Red
10. Ody

Of course, I could be wrong.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 8/1/2013, 1:34 pm

1. FCD Prem
2. DTR
3. Solar Chelsea
4. DTRN
5. FCDY
6. DTRS
7. Odyssey
8. DTRW
9. DTWW
10. Solar Red

Of course, I could be wrong.
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/1/2013, 3:56 pm

I won't rank them outright but do think we end up with 3 likely groupings with the teams in each group being very similar, as such could see them, within each group, finishing in any position.

Group 1
Solar Chelsea - State Cup winner returning largely intact from last season which they finished fairly strong.  Played FCDP strong all season and would expect the same this season.
FCDP - The juggernaut last season that showed signs of mortality toward seasons end.  Expect them to be similarly strong this season.
DTR - Perenially strong and expect more of the same this season.

Group 2
DTRN/TFC - This team has seemed to have Solar Chelsea's number the last 2 season's but I don't see them breaking into the top 3 this season.
FCDY - Strong performance from these guys last season but again, see them as a middle of the pack team.
DTRS - probably the strongest of this middle pack of teams, and the only one I could see potentially challenging for a top 3 spot against the Group 1 teams
DTWW - My darkhorse - picked up a new coach for this season and added a very strong center mid that will give them another scoring threat and an ability to accurately distribute the ball, they won't contend for a top 3 spot but they'll be a solid team and better than anticipated I believe

Group 3
Solar Red and DTRW - both coming up from DII and I don't see either having the firepower to keep up with the other teams in DI.  It'll be a long (albeit shortened season) for both teams.
ODY - This is an odd one, the team picked up some talented players in the off-season but they struggled mightily last season and I'm not sure that infusion of talent will help them pull themselves out of a bottom 3 finish.

Of course, I could be wrong...
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 8/3/2013, 5:18 pm

DragonStryker wrote:I won't rank them outright but do think we end up with 3 likely groupings with the teams in each group being very similar, as such could see them, within each group, finishing in any position.

Group 1
Solar Chelsea - State Cup winner returning largely intact from last season which they finished fairly strong.  Played FCDP strong all season and would expect the same this season.
FCDP - The juggernaut last season that showed signs of mortality toward seasons end.  Expect them to be similarly strong this season.

Group 2
DTRN/TFC - This team has seemed to have Solar Chelsea's number the last 2 season's but I don't see them breaking into the top 3 this season.
FCDY - Strong performance from these guys last season but again, see them as a middle of the pack team.
DTRS - probably the strongest of this middle pack of teams, and the only one I could see potentially challenging for a top 3 spot against the Group 1 teams
DTWW - My darkhorse - picked up a new coach for this season and added a very strong center mid that will give them another scoring threat and an ability to accurately distribute the ball, they won't contend for a top 3 spot but they'll be a solid team and better than anticipated I believe

Group 3
Solar Red and DTRW - both coming up from DII and I don't see either having the firepower to keep up with the other teams in DI.  It'll be a long (albeit shortened season) for both teams.
ODY - This is an odd one, the team picked up some talented players in the off-season but they struggled mightily last season and I'm not sure that infusion of talent will help them pull themselves out of a bottom 3 finish.

You're picking Solar to win the league because they won State Cup? I'm picking them to come in 4th or 5th because they won State Cup.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 8/3/2013, 6:24 pm

FlatBack4 wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:I won't rank them outright but do think we end up with 3 likely groupings with the teams in each group being very similar, as such could see them, within each group, finishing in any position.

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

You're picking Solar to win the league because they won State Cup?  I'm picking them to come in 4th or 5th because they won State Cup.

I would agree the title will be won by a team in group one but I think it will come down to who stays the healthiest (and I will pick Ody 5th) Smile
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/3/2013, 10:33 pm

*yawn* FCDP will win the league title yet again king 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/4/2013, 8:35 am

Actually no, and it's clear you either didn't read my post or don't understand English.

I'm picking DTR, Solar, and FCDP to finish in the top 3, and clearly said, in no particular order. Shortened season, something as simple as an injury here or there could decide the league title.

Clearly FCDP, at least by the end of the season, wasn't the dominant force some had predicted. And if you look at te games last season, FCDP was much more dominant over some teams than others. And I for one, never saw that dominance Orr either Solar or DTR.

Good luck to all teams this season, it's been a long and enjoyable journey through club soccer. One that in starting all over now that my oldest is graduating right as my youngest starts Academy.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 8/4/2013, 6:09 pm

DragonStryker wrote:Actually no, and it's clear you either didn't read my post or don't understand English.

I'm picking DTR, Solar, and FCDP to finish in the top 3, and clearly said, in no particular order. Shortened season, something as simple as an injury here or there could decide the league title.

Clearly FCDP, at least by the end of the season, wasn't the dominant force some had predicted. And if you look at te games last season, FCDP was much more dominant over some teams than others. And I for one, never saw that dominance Orr either Solar or DTR.

Good luck to all teams this season, it's been a long and enjoyable journey through club soccer. One that in starting all over now that my oldest is graduating right as my youngest starts Academy.

Actually, I don't care what you think. I'm glad you have a kid starting academy. It's clear you still cannot handle any kind of criticism. Maybe after another eight-plus years hanging around here you will learn what really matters.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/4/2013, 6:38 pm

What are you talking about Flatback4?

Criticism, you mean where you misquoted me. Thats not criticism, thats a factual mistatement. And thats why I corrected you. Have an issue with my picks? Have at it, everyone is entitled to their opinion but you aren't entitled to misquote me.

In case you aren't sure what in talking about, you stated that I was picking Solar to win D1 this year. Trouble is, I never said that.  I said that I thought it was largely a toss-up between Solar, DTR, and FCDP. And I've now said it three times and you still seem like you're having a tough time comprehending some basic English.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 8/12/2013, 10:52 pm

Group 1
FCDP - Regardless of State Cup, after nine games this team should be #1.
DTR - If they were able to get some of DTWW players, they should be better this year.

Group 2
DTRN/TFC - Always a good squad, just inconsistent.
FCDY - If their starters stay healthy, they can have another good year.
Solar - A number of players were looking to leave before State Cup... give it a couple of games for that feeling to set in again.
Solar Red - Picked up more speed but still a small team. They will get beat up physically... NTX soccer is like watching a cage match.
DTRW - Picked up 2-3 quality players; they can play less kick ball. Kick ball won't work against the big fast D1teams.

Group 3
DTWW - So is this team the official U19 team? They lost a keeper to academy and a striker to DTRS. Maybe they picked more than just one good player; maybe some U19's.
DTRS - Lost their top striker to U18 academy. Without that scoring punch, their average defense won't hold.
ODY - Picked up some players from a bottom half D2 team. That does not make them a better team though.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer's dad 8/13/2013, 8:02 am

soccermom040 wrote:Group 1
FCDP - Regardless of State Cup, after nine games this team should be #1.
DTR - If they were able to get some of DTWW players, they should be better this year.  

Group 2
DTRN/TFC - Always a good squad, just inconsistent.  
FCDY - If their starters stay healthy, they can have another good year.
Solar -  A number of players were looking to leave before State Cup... give it a couple of games for that feeling to set in again.
Solar Red - Picked up more speed but still a small team.  They will get beat up physically... NTX soccer is like watching a cage match.  
DTRW - Picked up 2-3 quality players; they can play less kick ball.  Kick ball won't work against the big fast D1teams.

Group 3
DTWW - So is this team the official U19 team?  They lost a keeper to academy and a striker to DTRS.  Maybe they picked more than just one good player; maybe some U19's.
DTRS - Lost their top striker to U18 academy.  Without that scoring punch, their average defense won't hold.
ODY - Picked up some players from a bottom half D2 team.  That does not make them a better team though.

Wonder were you got your info? lol!  The starting players were not going any where and a few were asked to go play academy but declined because they wanted to play High School soccer. The only grumbling I heard about players leaving was from old players parents because BB was not getting the play time they did before Solar picked up new players last year but they all came back.

I heard they have added some good players to team also. So we will see what happens

I still think Solar will be in the top three so will DTR and FCDP.
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 8/14/2013, 1:01 am

Grumbling, talk, call it what you will but it was out there and it wasn't just the bench. There were starters going out to open practices... were they really going to leave Solar? Maybe, maybe not, but they entertained the thought of another team.
Solar should be a better team, especially with all those ODY players they luckily picked up last year. Going on pure talent, they should be top 3 but you have to take coaching into account also. Razz 
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 9/5/2013, 3:21 pm

Well, Well…..After Labor Day tourney it appears we may have underestimated Solar Red…What a Face ..or at least I did!
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 9/5/2013, 7:15 pm

1. FCD Prem
2. DTR
3. FCDY
4. Solar Chelsea
5. DTRN
6. Solar Red
7. DTRS
8. DTWW
9. DTRW
10. Odyssey

I realize SR beat DTRN and lost to DTRS, but both games were close. SR will play all close but I think DTRN will beat up on the bottom four.

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 9/14/2013, 11:46 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:I see a conflict of interest....
For Sure ... 5 DT teams out of the 10 total and 2 of them have the same coach. What a joke!!
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/16/2013, 1:13 pm

Goooal!!! wrote:
For Sure ... 5 DT teams out of the 10 total and 2 of them have the same coach.  What a joke!!
Goooal!!! - Don't know that it really matters. It looks like DTR, DTRW and DTRN are all middle of the pack, while DTRS and DTWW are struggling. I still think it will be a dog fight between SC and FCDP for Grand Champion. While I feel good about my original prediction, after this weekend I have a couple of slight revisions for 3-10.

1. SC
2. FCDP
3. FCDY (up 1 spot)
4. DTR (down 1 spot)
5. DTRW
6. DTRN (up 1 spot)
7. DTRS (down 1 spot)
8. SR (up 2 spots)
9. Ody
10. DTWW (down 2 spots)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 9/16/2013, 1:42 pm

Conflict of interest? Absolutely! FCD permier will still end up at the top of the table.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/16/2013, 4:47 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:
For Sure ... 5 DT teams out of the 10 total and 2 of them have the same coach.  What a joke!!
Goooal!!! - Don't know that it really matters. It looks like DTR, DTRW and DTRN are all middle of the pack, while DTRS and DTWW are struggling. I still think it will be a dog fight between SC and FCDP for Grand Champion. While I feel good about my original prediction, after this weekend I have a couple of slight revisions for 3-10.

1. SC
2. FCDP
3. FCDY (up 1 spot)
4. DTR (down 1 spot)
5. DTRW
6. DTRN (up 1 spot)
7. DTRS (down 1 spot)
8. SR (up 2 spots)
9. Ody
10. DTWW (down 2 spots)

Moving DTR down 1 because FCDY tied them with a 90th minute own goal? Ody still 9th when they played 1 and 3 to 2-1 finishes ? I think DTR will be in top thhree and ODY will not be bottom three

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 9/17/2013, 10:15 am

Heh, heh……I don’t think predictions are something you change every week based on performance…..those are called current rankings (heh-heh)…..I agree with FCDP (#1) & SR (#2) …SR dismantled DTRS (#6), and FCDP are still walking through competition and proved they still have a lot of fight in them (JK for whoever was on the sidelines!)…..FCDY (#4) did get lucky against DTR (#3), BUT I saw the ODY (#Cool game should have been 10-1….their shots hit everything but the net……TFC (#5)….oops-DTRN is back on track…SCR (#7), DTRW (#9) will play tough but just not enough…..the big question is who will DTWW (#10) score on?

SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 9/17/2013, 12:53 pm

my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:

1. SC
2. FCDP
3. FCDY (up 1 spot)
4. DTR (down 1 spot)
5. DTRW
6. DTRN (up 1 spot)
7. DTRS (down 1 spot)
8. SR (up 2 spots)
9. Ody
10. DTWW (down 2 spots)

Moving DTR down 1 because FCDY tied them with a 90th minute own goal? Ody still  9th when they played 1 and 3 to 2-1 finishes ? I think DTR will be in top thhree and ODY will not be bottom three
Looks like DTR dropped points in both games last weekend, including a tie on Sunday with DTRW. Not sure DTR is a top 3 team this year from early returns at least. Looks to me like Solar and FCDY are above the crowd so far and about 4 or 5 other teams could be 3rd.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 9/17/2013, 1:39 pm

Ok lets change a bit the subject on predictions to the way the different teams are playing. It appears to me that there has been a gradual change on the way teams are approaching the game from long ball to ball control and building the attack in a structured and methodical way. Is it just my perception? At least teams play this way sometimes and use long ball on specific time points and with a purpose. Again perhaps just my perception.....

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next