Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013) - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013)

+12
Goooal!!!
34blast
soccermom040
omega striker
soccerdad1
FlatBack4
DragonStryker
scoregazam
off_the_woodwork
hammer's dad
SoccerDunce
Real Barcelona
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013) - Page 2 Empty Re: 96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013)

Post by Real Barcelona 9/17/2013, 1:39 pm

Ok lets change a bit the subject on predictions to the way the different teams are playing. It appears to me that there has been a gradual change on the way teams are approaching the game from long ball to ball control and building the attack in a structured and methodical way. Is it just my perception? At least teams play this way sometimes and use long ball on specific time points and with a purpose. Again perhaps just my perception.....

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013) - Page 2 Empty Whats going on with DTR?

Post by SoccerDummy 10/7/2013, 10:50 am

I just checked out the current CL results/standings.  Wondering what the heck has happened to DTR?  Their only win came against the last place team (same coach) and they still have to play FCDP and SC. Two years ago, this was a real solid side and could compete with anyone.  They were Grand Champions of CL and recall that they had the  most GF and least GA that year. Now it looks like they are struggling to finish in the top half. scratch

SoccerDummy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013) - Page 2 Empty Re: 96 CL D1 Predictions (Fall 2013)

Post by Real Barcelona 10/7/2013, 12:41 pm

Change in roster, coach did not RECRUIT well in spite of having plenty of players try out and he is not known to develop players. Do I think he can do better with the players he has? Absolutely. Will he? Doubt it but time will tell.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/7/2013, 12:43 pm

Disclaimer: By recruit well I mean for the coaches style of play.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 10/7/2013, 3:19 pm

DragonStryker wrote:I won't rank them outright but do think we end up with 3 likely groupings with the teams in each group being very similar, as such could see them, within each group, finishing in any position.

Group 1
Solar Chelsea - State Cup winner returning largely intact from last season which they finished fairly strong.  Played FCDP strong all season and would expect the same this season.
FCDP - The juggernaut last season that showed signs of mortality toward seasons end.  Expect them to be similarly strong this season.
DTR - Perenially strong and expect more of the same this season.

Group 2
DTRN/TFC - This team has seemed to have Solar Chelsea's number the last 2 season's but I don't see them breaking into the top 3 this season.
FCDY - Strong performance from these guys last season but again, see them as a middle of the pack team.
DTRS - probably the strongest of this middle pack of teams, and the only one I could see potentially challenging for a top 3 spot against the Group 1 teams
DTWW - My darkhorse - picked up a new coach for this season and added a very strong center mid that will give them another scoring threat and an ability to accurately distribute the ball, they won't contend for a top 3 spot but they'll be a solid team and better than anticipated I believe

Group 3
Solar Red and DTRW - both coming up from DII and I don't see either having the firepower to keep up with the other teams in DI.  It'll be a long (albeit shortened season) for both teams.
ODY - This is an odd one, the team picked up some talented players in the off-season but they struggled mightily last season and I'm not sure that infusion of talent will help them pull themselves out of a bottom 3 finish.

Of course, I could be wrong...
Assessment time.

Group 1
Correct call so far on FCDP and Solar Chelsea.  So far they are the cream of the D1 crop.  As far as DTR goes, missed that one badly, and I mean badly.  Surprised they aren't anymore competitive than they have shown so far.  Suspect they will pull it together soon otherwise I see them falling apart as the season winds down and the kids see the end of the season and no hope for a solid finish (could see a downward spiral like we saw out of the very talented ODY team from a couple seasons back if they don't pull it together soon I suspect).  Lets hope that isn't the case.

Group 2
Bad miss on DTWW, and I mean wow, I missed that call badly.  Question now is, will they win a game since they already managed to score a goal (which wasn't a certainty).  FCDY and DTRN are clearly at the top of this group with DTRS in the middle.

Group 3
Solar Red is my bad miss in this group, clearly they are performing much better than I anticipated and look to be a solid mid-pack team.  DTRW and ODY are in for a tough 2nd half of the season.

New Groupings:

Group 1
Solar and FCDP - Grand Champion will more than likely come down to the winner of the game between these two, fittingly, it is the last game each of these teams will play this season.  This is a match I'm very much looking forward too, especially if each team can maintain their current level of play and they are both undefeated heading into the match.

Group 2
FCDY and DTRN, these two teams play in a couple weeks and that likely will determined 3rd place this season.

Group 3
Solar Red, DTRS, and DTR battling it out for 5th through 7th.  No call here really.  I think DTR has the most talent but they certainly haven't shown it thus far.

Group 4
ODY, followed by DTRW, followed by DTWW, and no, I don't think DTWW will win a game this season.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2013, 4:24 pm

SoccerDummy wrote:I just checked out the current CL results/standings.  Wondering what the heck has happened to DTR?  Their only win came against the last place team (same coach) and they still have to play FCDP and SC. Two years ago, this was a real solid side and could compete with anyone.  They were Grand Champions of CL and recall that they had the  most GF and least GA that year. Now it looks like they are struggling to finish in the top half. scratch

It looks like a coaching issue to me. This is a very different team than the U16 bunch that were champions. They still have a lot of talent, but so much movement trying to tweak has caused more damage than good. You are correct in that they had a massive goal differential the U16 year, but the leading scorer, goalie and a few other key players from that year are no longer on DTR. The better teams keep their core group together and don't see near the movement that this team has the last couple of years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/8/2013, 9:06 am

Guess who's back, back again Cool 

Sorry I've been away, been really busy with this whole life business. I've notice plenty of people putting Solar above FCD, because they beat them in state cup in one game. My argument will obviously be the opposite, but I'll use the same argument. FCD are a power house who proved they can beat anyone they play. And if theres one rule that the team lives by, its that it doesnt lose to the same team twice. FCD will be out for blood against Solar. Now I havent been able to watch any games lately, so I have to go off of the standings of each league, which could easily be misleading.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=33026&Gender=Boys&Age=19

Here is the classic league standings which is just what I expected to see, the top two teams on top, and FCDY always reaching for the top 3. However, there are two other leagues that FCD play in. Keep in mind Solar do not, but I thought i'd post the links anyway.
http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=32490&Gender=Boys&Age=18
http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=32489&Gender=Boys&Age=18

As you can see, FCD are tanking through each league, they're 15-0-0 in league play, and love dallas cup.
Thats my argument as to why FCD will win the league. But hey, who knows. Laughing

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/8/2013, 11:41 am

Agreed. FCDallas will prevail. Their top striker is back although still out of shape. He might be ready for the game....Very Happy 

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 10/8/2013, 4:25 pm

Well, well……I stand with my first choice…. great job though by FCDY….. will this be the closet game?Question 
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/8/2013, 9:03 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:Agreed. FCDallas will prevail. Their top striker is back although still out of shape. He might be ready for the game....Very Happy 
but hes ready to start racking up the goal count again Razz 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/8/2013, 9:16 pm

omega striker wrote:
Real Barcelona wrote:Agreed. FCDallas will prevail. Their top striker is back although still out of shape. He might be ready for the game....Very Happy 
I thought one of their best strikers went off to college last year?

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/8/2013, 9:52 pm

Iplaysoccer wrote:
omega striker wrote:
is that the striker who went to spain and scored 4 goals on athletico madrids top youth squad?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Iplaysoccer 10/11/2013, 2:50 pm

omega striker wrote:
Iplaysoccer wrote:
omega striker wrote:
is that the striker who went to spain and scored 4 goals on athletico madrids top youth squad?
Was that last year? Because if not, it has no relevance to the team this year or last year. Also, mine was a simple question. I couldnt remember if he did or not

Iplaysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/11/2013, 5:13 pm

Iplaysoccer wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Iplaysoccer wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Was that last year? Because if not, it has no relevance to the team this year or last year. Also, mine was a simple question. I couldnt remember if he did or not
nope found out it wasn't he is just now coming back from injury Cool 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/14/2013, 9:13 am

The runner ups have......stumbled. Their only chance is when they play each other. A must win situation for Solar. Should be an interesting and physical game.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/14/2013, 9:15 am

I mean for Dallas cup qualifiers since only the first team will make it after the first round.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The.dude 10/15/2013, 9:27 am

The.dude
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/15/2013, 11:10 am

scratch 

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 10/21/2013, 4:09 pm

Well looks like only 1 or 2 games to go for most.  Looks like Solar (Martinez) versus FCD Premier (Dymond)  the last game of the season will determine first place.

FCDY (Che) looks like 3rd.

Solar Red could go up to 4th after beating TFC or down to 7th you never know.  The level of play and style in the D1 this year I would say is lower than I expected.

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 10/21/2013, 4:41 pm

34blast wrote: The level of play and style in the D1 this year I would say is lower than I expected.
Wouldn't disagree with this and I'd say it's more than simply, D1, it's all of Classic League this year. I know of several D2 teams that were gifted with slots due to other teams folding. One that had been mired in PPL D2 for at least 4 years that suddenly sound itself playing in D2 this season. They are presently struggling to stay out of the basement of that division even with several players from the folded team added to their roster (players that were legitimate D1 or D2 calibre guys). I'd imagine that's largely par for the course during the last year of eligibility.

I also imagine there are more than a few boys that chose to forego the abbreviated season in order to enjoy their senior year of high school a bit more (my son being one). Hasn't changed his collegiate prospects any so from that standpoint there really hasn't been any downside. He's had more time to focus on HS soccer and more time to focus on enjoying his senior year. Can't imagine he's alone in going that route.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 10/25/2013, 4:37 pm

I've been saying this for years now, since U16 for the 96 age group. I remember people telling me I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about... where are those peps now?!
Actually, I think the the top half of D1 this year played better soccer than in the past; a lot less kick ball from those teams.

I predict the following...

FCD - They have solid players throughout the roster. All have good technique and understand how to play as a team. Simple but very smart.

Solar - Picked up talent over the summer but the team is not disciplined. Too many cards and dirty play when they don't need to play that way.

FCD Che - Fortunate in two games... last minute tie with DTR and playing Solar Red when they had a depleted roster. Their play was no different from last year, they were just luckier this year.

Solar Red - When you don't have a deep bench, red cards hurt big time. Too many missed games by starters. Still a good showing for the newbie.

DTR North/TFC - They have good player in the center of the field that the game should flow through. But since the team plays so direct/forward, this player becomes non-existent.

DTR - I don't think the team got worse, I think the other top 2 teams just got better.

DTRS - This team also plays too direct. They have creative players... they should use that to their advantage.

These teams had a tough ride.
ODY
DTRW
DTW
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/3/2013, 5:03 pm

well its settled

FCD premier 5 solar 0
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 11/3/2013, 10:50 pm

omega striker wrote:well its settled

FCD premier 5   solar 0
Yeah,  they are really good not surprised at all they won,  but thought it might be closer.

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 11/4/2013, 8:55 am

No contest.....

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/4/2013, 9:52 am

FCD premier 5   solar 0
Yawn. What an exciting CL season…not.

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 11/4/2013, 10:10 am

FCD premier 5   solar 0
Hell of a season from FCDP, only one tie and its a shame that occurred. Clearly the class of the field for D1 this season.

Surprised this game wasn't closer but definitely didn't leave any questions as to the best team this season.

Look forward to seeing FCDP in the Dallas Cup this year.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2