Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Cup 2014 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Cup 2014

+9
CH1
Axxman
soccerdadrandy
go99
Keeperdad96
OnTheSurface
ontherightside
my2cents
Real Barcelona
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dallas Cup 2014 Empty Dallas Cup 2014

Post by Guest 10/28/2013, 11:18 am

Dallas Cup has posted it Metro Area Teams Qualifications for DC35.  We had heard rumblings last year that this was going to happen and they did indeed do away with the host team gimmes (in fact, not sure who the host team is). Its real simple for this age group - the 2 bids go to the first and second place CL finishers.

So, FCDP has secured their spot and is looks like SC should get the other (FCDY is close though).  These teams deserve it.  Congratulations!

Last edited by soccerdad96b on 10/28/2013, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cup 2014 Empty Re: Dallas Cup 2014

Post by Real Barcelona 10/28/2013, 12:29 pm

Wonderful!!! No freebies and the best on the pitch get to go. I'll go with that idea for the older age goups right? (U17 and U19). Younger is different and I think the top 4 get to go. Correct?

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/28/2013, 12:45 pm

It will be very interesting to see where they make up the 8000 to 9000 hours of volunteer man hours the host team provided for those "freebies." All Texans teams were required to provide 100 hours of volunteer hours at the DC.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 10/28/2013, 12:50 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:Wonderful!!! No freebies and the best on the pitch get to go. I'll go with that idea for the older age goups right? (U17 and U19). Younger is different and I think the top 4 get to go. Correct?
No - not top 4 CL anymore.

Area 4 DA teams automatically qualify. Only first place CL and winner of Texans Fall Festival and some age groups (not U15) winner of Bobby Rhine.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/28/2013, 1:17 pm

my2cents wrote:It will be very interesting to see where they make up the 8000 to 9000 hours of volunteer man hours the host team provided for those "freebies." All Texans teams were required to provide 100 hours of volunteer hours at the DC.
The link to the official notification says nothing about doing volunteer work for the Dallas Cup only about the hosting the players from abroad. By the way "required" and "volunteer" do not rhyme.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/28/2013, 5:16 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:
my2cents wrote:It will be very interesting to see where they make up the 8000 to 9000 hours of volunteer man hours the host team provided for those "freebies." All Texans teams were required to provide 100 hours of volunteer hours at the DC.
The link to the official notification says nothing about doing volunteer work for the Dallas Cup only about the hosting the players from abroad. By the way "required" and "volunteer" do not rhyme.
The hosting also involved getting them to and from the airport, all daily practices and games. A lot of hours involved.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 10/28/2013, 9:39 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:The link to the official notification says nothing about doing volunteer work for the Dallas Cup only about the hosting the players from abroad. By the way "required" and "volunteer" do not rhyme.
Practically every aspect of the DC is run by volunteers, and yes, the vast majority of those volunteers are there because they are "required" to be there by virtue of belonging to the host club.  The host club agrees to provide this legion of volunteers in exchange for ... well, last year, presumably it was in exchange for the host club's teams getting a few byes into the tournament.  This year, I'm not sure what the perk is, so I'm not sure how the host club will motivate their teams to provide 100 hours each.   And yes, I have also heard the rumor that Texans are no longer the host club but I've not seen it confirmed anywhere.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeperdad96 10/28/2013, 9:53 pm

my2cents wrote:
Real Barcelona wrote:
The hosting also involved getting them to and from the airport, all daily practices and games. A lot of hours involved.
Most of the international teams are more organized than others and actually rent Capps vans from around the airport to get them to/from and then around Dallas.  Technically, the main requirement (other than room and board) for home stay is to drop off early in the morning and pick up later in the day/evening from their team hotel, usually located around LBJ and Midway affraid 

Seems to be some confusion, so just to clarify...local teams are "required" to home stay or they lose their spot. As far as the host club, is it still Texans? No mention of the host club that I could find on the DC website. I seem to recall in previous years seeing the Texans logo prominently displayed. If there even is a host club I'm not sure that is such a good deal if you don't get the benefit of a few guaranteed spots in the tourney.

Keeperdad96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/29/2013, 12:18 am

or instead of begging for a few charity spots Texans could try earning it on the field of play
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/29/2013, 12:26 am

i bet they have plenty of volunteers
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/29/2013, 9:46 am

go99 wrote:or instead of begging for a few charity spots Texans could try earning it on the field of play

If I recall correctly the qualifying rules all got changed two years ago when some of the 3rd and 4th qualifyers got completely blown out. I do not recall any of them being Texans teams. So if you are running a huge club and committing probably 10,000 man hours to a tournament are you doing it for free? I don't think so. Shocked 

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/29/2013, 9:55 am

you are getting your name plastered all over everything aka advertising.

But hey I get it, better to have the parents step up and earn the spot in the Dallas cup rather than have the kids go out and earn it on the field. It's the NTX way after all.

But if they are short of volunteers, here is an idea. Make the parents of the kids who EARNED a spot into the Dallas cup do the volunteering

No need to panic everybody. With the larger DC rosters there is still room for the schmoozers, politicians, movers and shakers, and money men to get their kids on a DC roster.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/29/2013, 11:07 am

"No need to panic everybody. With the larger DC rosters there is still room for the schmoozers, politicians, movers and shakers, and money men to get their kids on a DC roster."
Actually seeing some of that happening already!!!Even the players are schmoozing to get on board the DC train. Well learned from the parents! Boy what some people are willing to do.....

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/29/2013, 11:17 am

Just got an idea. What do you think the going rate is to sell your kids spot for DC? Maybe you can split the difference with the coach? I am certain there are takers out there who want bragging rights.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/29/2013, 11:38 am

ah now theres and idea. Could make a little christmas cash
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/29/2013, 11:54 am

All I know is that I heard this year the Napoli cheerleaders will be cheering on the Texans at DC. I'm in!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/29/2013, 12:14 pm

go99 wrote:you are getting your name plastered all over everything aka advertising.  

But hey I get it, better to have the parents step up and earn the spot in the Dallas cup rather than have the kids go out and earn it on the field.  It's the NTX way after all.

But if they are short of volunteers, here is an idea.  Make the parents of the kids who EARNED a spot into the Dallas cup do the volunteering

No need to panic everybody.  With the larger DC rosters there is still room for the schmoozers, politicians, movers and shakers, and money men to get their kids on a DC roster.
The Texans got the bids for hosting and because they are a large very well respected club with a history of producing high quality teams that are competitive on the level of DC participants. Teams from around the country and world are chosen based on the level of play and reputation of their clubs. I guess then you could say that many teams that come did not earn it because they did not win their leagues or whatever. They got invited on repuation too..
I get the arguement. I have been on both sides of it. Bottom line is that if your team was not good enough to get the local team slot don't blame it on the Texans; they did not loose your games.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/29/2013, 12:24 pm

It just does not make sense to allow a 7th place team in while leaving a second place team out based purely on competition.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/29/2013, 3:14 pm

oh wow Admin did I have a post deleted or did I just forget to send?Suspect 
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 10/30/2013, 4:32 pm

It’s pretty sad that FCDY (Che) got stiffed 2 yrs in a row. Last yr they were the #2 team when only the host & top team went, then this yr they are #3 with both losses to the top teams by 1 goal each! Very proud of these young men!
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 10/30/2013, 5:10 pm

go99 wrote:or instead of begging for a few charity spots Texans could try earning it on the field of play
cheers Wish there was a like button on this site.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 10/30/2013, 5:33 pm

my2cents wrote: "Bottom line is that if your team was not good enough to get the local team slot don't blame it on the Texans; they did not loose your games."

But, I think some might argue that the 7th place Texans team that got an automatic bid under the old rules certainly did lose their games and got in anyway.  How does an uncompetitive team that gets in based solely on what club they belong to further the tradition and prestige of the Dallas Cup?
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/30/2013, 6:11 pm

crazyET wrote:my2cents wrote: "Bottom line is that if your team was not good enough to get the local team slot don't blame it on the Texans; they did not loose your games."

But, I think some might argue that the 7th place Texans team that got an automatic bid under the old rules certainly did lose their games and got in anyway.  How does an uncompetitive team that gets in based solely on what club they belong to further the tradition and prestige of the Dallas Cup?
Just look at some of the out of state teams and foreign teams. In the 96 group two years ago Dubai got rolled badly every game. They did not even belong to a league over there. Great bunch of kids but no competitive fire at all. Some of the out of state teams get rolled too. Many teams get in based on who they are and where they are from. That is my point.
 DT's deal furthered the prestige of the DC by providing ample manpower to do it well. I do not know if DT is still providing volunteers but if not it will be interesting to see if it affects the organization and flow of the tournament.  If it is disorganized and chaotic then foreign and out of state teams will not come back.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/30/2013, 9:27 pm

my2cents wrote:
crazyET wrote:my2cents wrote: "Bottom line is that if your team was not good enough to get the local team slot don't blame it on the Texans; they did not loose your games."

Just look at some of the out of state teams and foreign teams. In the 96 group two years ago Dubai got rolled badly every game. They did not even belong to a league over there. Great bunch of kids but no competitive fire at all. Some of the out of state teams get rolled too. Many teams get in based on who they are and where they are from. That is my point.
 DT's deal furthered the prestige of the DC by providing ample manpower to do it well. I do not know if DT is still providing volunteers but if not it will be interesting to see if it affects the organization and flow of the tournament.  If it is disorganized and chaotic then foreign and out of state teams will not come back.
This is the 35th year for Dallas Cup. DT has only been the host club for a few years, after replacing the old Texas Longhorns (who created this beast). Nothing against the Texans, but Dallas Cup earned its prestige a long time ago. It is well run and I'm sure it will not miss a beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/31/2013, 8:35 am

"Just look at some of the out of state teams and foreign teams. In the 96 group two years ago Dubai got rolled badly every game. They did not even belong to a league over there. Great bunch of kids but no competitive fire at all. " Ohh well since others are doing it then lets all jump on board and do the same thing. The youth soccer system here is much more organized than in other countries. So lets take advantage of the system and invite the teams that have the BEST chance of competing and representing OUR soccer (be it Texans looong ball or FC Dallas short passing or something in between).

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next