Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results - Page 6 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

+32
zero
Soccer14fanatic
SnookumsConCarne
dfwsoccerdad
frequent flyer
Onetouchpass
earbucket
Arsenal1984
geordie11
CincoB
SoloJonz
TayJ6
Marvelousmar
Soccerlife89
Ehlodog
muc03b
Forthegame4
finish1
Mundosoccer
OP05
hanallalone
PremierLeagueFan
soccerdadrandy
Gator Chick
Number13
donovansucks
davito
tpitty
GotNoGame
Sprint
Dragon Nation
booe817
36 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results - Page 6 Empty Re: U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/17/2016, 8:00 pm

FCDP had all of our DP's today and things went well for us against an Odyssey team that was not in their usual top form.

I wouldn't take much away from the game aside from the fact they were a bit unlucky in the first half and we were able to use it to our advantage.

The second half was better for Odyssey, but they were still struggling against an earlier goal difference that took the wind out of ther sails and FCDP was able to keep their lead.

Odyssey vs FCDP redux will be a different game so we are happy that we had a good result today.

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results - Page 6 Empty Re: U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 8:31 am

Can someone explain how the DP's get charged to play for the team. Do they have to pay the full amount that the other players pay?

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 9:30 am

zero wrote:Can someone explain how the DP's get charged to play for the team.  Do they have to pay the full amount that the other players pay?

DP's are in the Academy so they pay Academy fees, travel fees, classic league tournament fees and and depending on the club they may or may not get a discounted classic league team fee.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 9:33 am

I guess my question is the DPs that showed up yesterday to play for FCDP had to pay how much to play in that game or in other words did they write a check to FCDP at the beginning of the season in addition to their Academy fees? Or how much of a refund did the other player's parents get for these few boys showing up and taking time away from the actual every day rostered players?

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 9:55 am

zero wrote:I guess my question is the DPs that showed up yesterday to play for FCDP had to pay how much to play in that game or in other words did they write a check to FCDP at the beginning of the season in addition to their Academy fees?  Or how much of a refund did the other player's parents get for these few boys showing up and taking time away from the actual every day rostered players?

That I don't know on a player by player basis, but I think that the DP's are asked to play by their CL team and when they aren't asked they don't show up since they are always at the coaches discretion and train enough during the week so they dont necessarily need the extra games to enhance their development goals.

I am not sure that you are seeing the reality of DP participation beyond thinking that they are taking game time from the other players. DP's don't always start in a game and their use is solely at the discretion of the CL coach. I have seen games where DP's ride the bench the entire 80 minutes and I have seen games where DP's get subbed early or after they have scored and I have seen DP's play only half of a game.

DP's help their CL team by pressuring their teammates to play at a higher level of intensity and sometimes it's good and other times it's not so good which is why the coach has the ability to decide whether or not a DP is helping his team during a game and act accordingly since the primary goal of the CL coach is to improve his CL team and the primary goal of a DP is to become an FT.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloJonz 9/18/2016, 10:00 am

My assumption would be that they are not required to pay any extra fees, though I could be wrong. Same with the refund policy: NO REFUNDS! As I tell my son often: the last place to fiind justice/fairness is in the sports world...This behavior is nothing new, especially in CL: the best players play the most. I have no problem witth it and my son has fallen prey to it. The lesson is that they have to earn their spot always and continuallly.

SoloJonz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 10:04 am

Interesting perspective but I don't pay for other people's kids.  I am grateful this never happened to any of the teams we have been a part of in all the years.  It is one thing if some kids are missing and a DP player fills in.  Make no mistake though.  If a CL team has 15 every day kids and a DP players shows up he is 100% taking time from a every day rostered child.  If parents are stupid enough to pay for other people's kids to take time from their own then they get what they deserve.  I simply am not stupid enough to do so.  

I will have to agree to disagree on your last statement and I found it funny.  If one needs to tell themselves that DPs "pressure" their own kids to play with more intensity then I have some beachfront property in Iowa I can sell them.  I have no problem with a CL coach trying to improve their team by adding DP players from time to time, but I sure as heck wouldn't be paying for it.  People get what they are willing to accept in this world.  Interesting to say the least and based on people it shouldn't surprise me.

Solojonz.  Saw your last post and I have no issue with the roster spot, or having to earn it, but if you have no issue with paying for someone else's kid then let me know where I can send the power bill this month.  It was a little hot and the A/C bill was around $500

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 10:27 am

zero wrote:Interesting perspective but I don't pay for other people's kids.  I am grateful this never happened to any of the teams we have been a part of in all the years.  It is one thing if some kids are missing and a DP player fills in.  Make no mistake though.  If a CL team has 15 every day kids and a DP players shows up he is 100% taking time from a every day rostered child.  If parents are stupid enough to pay for other people's kids to take time from their own then they get what they deserve.  I simply am not stupid enough to do so.  

***DP's are fully rostered players on top CL teams who can benefit from their participation.  The Top teams in our division have always considered these players as an asset and helpful when they are playing dual rostered Academy teams who have the benefit of a full academy roster in CL.

zero wrote:
I will have to agree to disagree on your last statement and I found it funny.  If one needs to tell themselves that DPs "pressure" their own kids to play with more intensity then I have some waterfront property in Iowa I can sell them.  I have no problem with a CL coach trying to improve their team by adding DP players from time to time, but I sure as heck wouldn't be paying for it.  People get what they are willing to accept in this world.  Interesting to say the least and based on people it shouldn't surprise me.

***How do you explain the difference in team play when the DP's are in a game? At our age a few DP's in a game can only act as a catalyst for the CL team because they don't have the numbers to make a difference by themselves. DP's aren't spread throughout an age division because they are few in number and only play for the top team in the top division of the top league ( CL).

zero wrote:
Solojonz.  Saw your last post and I have no issue with the roster spot, or having to earn it, but if you have no issue with paying for someone else's kid then let me know where I can send the power bill this month.  It was a little hot and the A/C bill was around $500

***DP's don't earn a roster spot, they are rostered by the CL team and have no playing guarantee which is why sometimes they play and other times they don't play.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation 9/18/2016, 10:35 am

My comments are strictly based on the assumption that FCDP brought in DP players.  If FCDP activated their DP players against Odyssey that is completely unfair even if the rules allow it.  I'm sure they'll do the same thing against Solar Stricker so don't be surprised.  DTS did the same thing last year so they wouldn't be bumped to D2 & it worked.  Unfortunately the FCDP parents who should be mad don't have a choice because they signed their lives away.  As a DP player I wouldn't take any pride in playing in a CL game.  It's like a few of Nick Saban's Alabama football players coming to play for Abilene Christian a few times a year. I think FCDP would have done well against odyssey with their regular team.  I was really looking forward to this 1 but was sadly disappointed to hear once again this dual roster crap or whatever you call it turned it into a joke.  Why don't we just open up CL & let D1 kids play in D2 & D3 games?  At least it's within the same league.  SMH this has to stop.  You chose to go to a supposedly higher division so stay there until next season.  Keep your heads up Odyssey & for the regular FCDP team don't doubt yourselves...you BB's are a good team & could have competed with Odyssey without DP players.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 10:35 am

"***DP's are fully rostered players on top CL teams who can benefit from their participation.  The Top teams in our division have always considered these players as an asset and helpful when they are playing dual rostered Academy teams who have the benefit of a full academy roster in CL."

I have no issue with what you wrote here, but I don't pay for other people's kids. You are arguing a philosophical point and we are in agreement. Better kids on a team are better for the team.

"***How do you explain the difference in team play when the DP's are in a game? At our age a few DP's in a game can only act as a catalyst for the CL team because they don't have the numbers to make a difference by themselves. DP's aren't spread throughout and age division they are few in number and only play for the top team in the top division of the top league ( CL)."

Easily explained. With better players the team performs better, but I find it laughable that having DP players makes you think that somehow kid X is better. I will say it is likely that when kid X makes a pass to DP player better things are done with the ball and that kid x might receive better passes from a DP player than if every day rostered kid passes to him. We again agree that the team is better with DP players than without.

"***DP's don't earn a roster spot, they are rostered by the CL team and have no playing guarantee which is why sometimes they play and other times they don't play.[/quote]"

No issue with what you wrote here. I definitely don't argue against any of this. You wrote a factual statement and I take it as 100% true. As I said if people are stupid enough to pay or subsidize another kid then they get what they deserve. If regular rostered kids are missing or hurt then I understand reasoning behind this.

In other words the last few responses have been why they do it. I agree with 90% of what people wrote as to why they do it. I am just shocked people are stupid enough to actually write a check so they can do it.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 10:39 am

Dragon Nation wrote:My comments are strictly based on the assumption that FCDP brought in DP players.  If FCDP activated their DP players against Odyssey that is completely unfair even if the rules allow it.  I'm sure they'll do the same thing against Solar Stricker so don't be surprised.  DTS did the same thing last year so they wouldn't be bumped to D2 & it worked.  Unfortunately the FCDP parents who should be mad don't have a choice because they signed their lives away.  As a DP player I wouldn't take any pride in playing in a CL game.  It's like a few of Nick Saban's Alabama football players coming to play for Abilene Christian a few times a year.  I think FCDP would have done well against odyssey with their regular team.  I was really looking forward to this 1 but was sadly disappointed to hear once again this dual roster crap or whatever you call it turned it into a joke.  Why don't we just open up CL & let D1 kids play in D2 & D3 games?  At least it's within the same league.  SMH this has to stop.  You chose to go to a supposedly higher division so stay there until next season.  Keep your heads up Odyssey & for the regular FCDP team don't doubt yourselves...you BB's are a good team & could have competed with Odyssey without DP players.

Well said. I would never allow this to happen. Personally I would send a bill to the coach and team manager for the prorated portion I was damaged. If they tried to avoid paying this they would spend about $50,000 defending this practice against me. Maybe I lose, but I doubt it. I don't let people walk all over me in life and I never have. Again very good post by you.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer14fanatic 9/18/2016, 10:45 am

Andro or Odessy or Texans South have not used DP's this year at all and they aren't gonna use any DP's thru out the year.

Soccer14fanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 10:46 am

Dragon Nation wrote:My comments are strictly based on the assumption that FCDP brought in DP players.  If FCDP activated their DP players against Odyssey that is completely unfair even if the rules allow it.  I'm sure they'll do the same thing against Solar Stricker so don't be surprised.  DTS did the same thing last year so they wouldn't be bumped to D2 & it worked.  Unfortunately the FCDP parents who should be mad don't have a choice because they signed their lives away.  As a DP player I wouldn't take any pride in playing in a CL game.  It's like a few of Nick Saban's Alabama football players coming to play for Abilene Christian a few times a year.  I think FCDP would have done well against odyssey with their regular team.  I was really looking forward to this 1 but was sadly disappointed to hear once again this dual roster crap or whatever you call it turned it into a joke.  Why don't we just open up CL & let D1 kids play in D2 & D3 games?  At least it's within the same league.  SMH this has to stop.  You chose to go to a supposedly higher division so stay there until next season.  Keep your heads up Odyssey & for the regular FCDP team don't doubt yourselves...you BB's are a good team & could have competed with Odyssey without DP players.

Odyssey is a great team and State Champs and is a dual rostered academy team, same goes for Stricker who is also a State Champ and a dual rostered academy team. Trevino is a dual rostered academy team with some additional players from Hunt.

I think you might be new to the top 3 and the top 5 concept, but at our age academy players unavoidable because the best teams in CL also play in additional academy leagues to improve their team performance and play for national championships.

The comments about the dual rostered academy teams doubting themselves was truly amazing and the insult to each of the academy players in CL including the DP's from FCDP is an insult to our highly competitive division.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 9/18/2016, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 10:49 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Odyssey is a great team and State Champs and is a dual rostered academy team, same goes for Stricker who is also a State Champ and a dual rostered academy team. Trevino is a dual rostered academy team with some additional players from Hunt.

I think you might be new to the top 3 and the too 5 concept, but at our age academy players unavoidable because the best teams in CL also play in additional academy leagues to improve their team performance and play for national championships.

Yes but each player on Odyssey pays the same amount for a roster spot on each team in each league.  They don't bring player X who pays nothing and takes time away from regular rostered player who paid money. It is one thing to take your CL team and enter that exact team in another higher (or lower) league. It is something else when you bring players in who pay nothing for certain games at the detriment of other players.

I also disagree that it is unavoidable since there are teams that can actually do it.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 11:09 am

zero wrote:
Yes but each player on Odyssey pays the same amount for a roster spot on each team in each league.  They don't bring player X who pays nothing and takes time away from regular rostered player who paid money.  It is one thing to take your CL team and enter that exact team in another higher (or lower) league. It is something else when you bring players in who pay nothing for certain games at the detriment of other players.  

I also disagree that it is unavoidable since there are teams that can actually do it.

Odyssey kept their Academy team in CL and so did Trevino and so did Stricker and to some extent when FCDP has DP'S so did FCDP. All of the team efforts for first in our division is to get to the Dallas Cup so we can play other top domestic and international teams.

Andro has been pretty cocky because they had some good games and felt like they were invincible but let's face the facts, if these other teams were NOT in D1 this year what would it be like? I wish that Andro had the opportunity to play FCDP + DP's but it didn't happen and maybe later this season it will.

For the sake of this discussion, let's say that we dont have Odyssey, FCDP, Stricker, Hunt, Trevino and to some extent Adames in D1 this season.  Andro would be champs and D1 would be what?
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 11:24 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
zero wrote:
Yes but each player on Odyssey pays the same amount for a roster spot on each team in each league.  They don't bring player X who pays nothing and takes time away from regular rostered player who paid money.  It is one thing to take your CL team and enter that exact team in another higher (or lower) league. It is something else when you bring players in who pay nothing for certain games at the detriment of other players.  

Odyssey kept their Academy team in CL and so did Trevino and so did Stricker and to some extent when FCDP has DP'S so did FCDP. All of the team efforts for first in our division is to get to the Dallas Cup so we can play other top domestic and international teams.

Andro has been pretty cocky because they had some good games and felt like they were invincible but let's face the facts, if these other teams were NOT in D1 this year what would it be like? I wish that Andro had the opportunity to play FCDP + DP's but it didn't happen and maybe later this season it will.

For the sake of this discussion, let's say that we don't have Odyssey, FCDP, Stricker, Hunt, Trevino and to some extent Adames in D1 this season.  Andro would be champs and D1 would be what?

While I certainly can't speak with 100% certainty for anyone else I have no issue if any team decides they are going to have regular roster players of 1-15 who practice together and play together at all times entering d1 classic league, regional league x, national league x, etc.  Fees are divided by 15 and each player pays 1/15.  I don't even have an issue (personally) if a player can't afford to play and I subsidize 1/14 of that other player due to financial circumstances.  Where the issue lies is that you have some other player who plays for a completely different team and pracitces with a different team that shows up, takes time from a regular player, and pays nothing.  ANother example would be if Manchester United decides that they will not only play in Premier league, but will enter the German League.  I have no issue  with that.  What I feel like me, and others would have an issue with is if they decide to add Messi and Ronaldo to the roster sometimes when they play some teams.  To me Odyssey does it the right way.  They have a team of 15 (not sure on the actual #) players that practice together always and play together always.  They enter multiple leagues, but little Billy doesn't have to worry if academy player X shows up he won't play today or will play a lot less.

If 02 FCDP decided to have any 15 players they wanted to that practiced each and every time with each other and showed up to each and every game they had scheduled I would have no issue whether in 1 league or 20 leagues.  It's when they don't do that and bring in player X who realistically never practices with them shows up for free and takes time away from a paying child.. Now if this were free or you paid us then do whatever you want. What I pay for is to develop and coach my kid and to decide how much playing time my child gets vs. another paying child based on their performance. What I don't pay for is for my child's time to be determined by who shows up this weekend and who gets a free ride. How would the coach feel if he had to pay for his own travel based on how parents felt the weekend of a tournament that was out of town? I promise that would not fly.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 12:02 pm

zero wrote:
If 02 FCDP decided to have any 15 players they wanted to that practiced each and every time with each other and showed up to each and every game they had scheduled I would have no issue whether in 1 league or 20 leagues.  

It's when they don't do that and bring in player X who realistically never practices with them shows up for free and takes time away from a paying child..  Now if this were free or you paid us then do whatever you want.  What I pay for is to develop and coach my kid and to decide how much playing time my child gets vs. another paying child based on their performance.  What I don't pay for is for my child's time to be determined by who shows up this weekend and who gets a free ride.  How would the coach feel if he had to pay for his own travel based on how parents felt the weekend of a tournament that was out of town?  I promise that would not fly.

I would ask the coach and the team what they think and what their goals are and if they benefit from DP's on their roster. I will make sure to keep my DP at home since it is clear that you don't want him to play so perhaps you can be the one to explain to our coach why his participation was so detrimental to the team. cheers
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 12:12 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
zero wrote:
If 02 FCDP decided to have any 15 players they wanted to that practiced each and every time with each other and showed up to each and every game they had scheduled I would have no issue whether in 1 league or 20 leagues.  

It's when they don't do that and bring in player X who realistically never practices with them shows up for free and takes time away from a paying child..  Now if this were free or you paid us then do whatever you want.  What I pay for is to develop and coach my kid and to decide how much playing time my child gets vs. another paying child based on their performance.  What I don't pay for is for my child's time to be determined by who shows up this weekend and who gets a free ride.  How would the coach feel if he had to pay for his own travel based on how parents felt the weekend of a tournament that was out of town?  I promise that would not fly.

I would ask the coach and the team what they think and what their goals are and if they benefit from DP's on their roster. I will make sure to keep my DP at home since it is clear that you don't want him to play so perhaps you can be the one to explain to our coach why his participation was so detrimental to the team. cheers

First, not my team so you should absolutely do what you want.

Second, if the parents on that team are stupid enough to allow it then it ain't my business. I am however allowed to form an opinion on it as are you.

Third, you did not read what I wrote. I did not write the detriment of the team and was very careful not to do so. It absolutely benefits the team and coach to have better players playing as they are more likely to win. It is to the detriment of the player who loses time. As Stricker proved you can't trust what coaches say as they will lie right to parent's faces.

To end you should do whatever you think is right. Personally I would never let my son play on any team without paying for a spot as I realize the other people did not pay for my son to be there and I believe in doing the right thing and in fact I put my money where my mouth is when I played in an adult league with a very poster on this board. I came in about halfway through the season when they needed a person to fill in. First thing I asked was "How much do I owe and who do I pay?" I do however share the same opinion as Dragon NAtion and suspect we won't change you r opinion and that is OK. People are allowed to be wrong.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 12:35 pm

Zero, you can't even remotely imagine that I was being serious, you have to be a total noob to think that we are gonna turn our hallowed D1 into a safe space, micro aggression free, kumbaya for a few naive parents who think they have found the way to the top from D2. Yikes!

Do you go home and tell BB that his team is David and D1 is Goliath and that they are victorious because they are destined to win and will show us all what a true team looks like.

OMG I am LMFAO!
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 12:48 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Zero, you can't even remotely imagine that I was being serious, you have to be a total noob to think that we are gonna turn our hallowed D1 into a safe space, micro aggression free, kumbaya for a few naive parents who think they have found the way to the top from D2. Yikes!

Do you go home and tell BB that his team is David and D1 is Goliath and that they are victorious because they are destined to win and will show us all what a true team looks like.

OMG I am LMFAO!

No I did not think you were serious, but I do think you think that I would think that way.  My son is in D1 (different age group) so they win some and they lose some.  The difference between you and me is that you are preparing your son to get better at Soccer and move up through teams and hopefully someday to play in meaningful games that matter.  I am preparing my son to own the team that plays those meaningful games.  My goal is for my son to have fun.

So I hope you have your son out there every single day playing soccer and I hope he ends up being so much better at Soccer than my son because of all the teams he plays for that someday when he has to work for my son they can talk about the good old days because the focus of our children's lives is purely on preparing them for the world and preparing them to be successful in life, not on the soccer field.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 1:22 pm

zero wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:Zero, you can't even remotely imagine that I was being serious, you have to be a total noob to think that we are gonna turn our hallowed D1 into a safe space, micro aggression free, kumbaya for a few naive parents who think they have found the way to the top from D2. Yikes!

OMG I am LMFAO!

No I did not think you were serious, but I do think you think that I would think that way.  My son is in D1 (different age group) so they win some and they lose some.  The difference between you and me is that you are preparing your son to get better at Soccer and move up through teams and hopefully someday to play in meaningful games that matter.  I am preparing my son to own the team that plays those meaningful games.  My goal is for my son to have fun.

So I hope you have your son out there every single day playing soccer and I hope he ends up being so much better at Soccer than my son because of all the teams he plays for that someday when he has to work for my son they can talk about the good old days because the focus of our children's lives is purely on preparing them for the world and preparing them to be successful in life, not on the soccer field.

Is the good news that you are trolling the 02B site or that you are insulting my BB?

By saying that you want your son to own the team he is on makes it clear to all concerned that you are a somewhat angry pay to play parent who has not had much success and is bitter that your apparently high value net worth isn't delivering the playing performance that you so rightfully bought and paid for on your team.

Insulting my kid shows how desperate you must feel being trapped inside a system your money cannot control which is a shame because the beautiful game is fun and stronger competition makes it even more fun.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloJonz 9/18/2016, 1:30 pm

Argumentum ad hominem

Essentially this comes down to the distaste we all have with NTX soccer: winning>development. The only solution is to vote with our $$, or, in this case, everyone has to stop paying...

SoloJonz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero 9/18/2016, 1:34 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
zero wrote:

OMG I am LMFAO!

Is the good news that you are trolling the 02B site or that you are insulting my BB?

By saying that you want your son to own the team he is on makes it clear to all concerned that you are a somewhat angry pay to play parent who has not had much success and is bitter that your apparently high value net worth isn't delivering the playing performance that you so rightfully bought and paid for on your team.

Insulting my kid shows how desperate you must feel being trapped inside a system your money cannot control which is a shame because the beautiful game is fun and stronger competition makes it even more fun.

There is certainly nothing insulting about working for someone.  Our goals differ.  My goal is for my son to focus on success in the workplace (when he gets there) and that is and will always be first and foremost on his agenda.  You misread about our soccer experience.  Other than Stricker lying to us (and about 15 other parents) it has been absolutely what we expect and a great experience.  I can guarantee my son does not work as hard as other kids do on Soccer as his priorities are different and that won't change.  His success in Soccer and his playing time has been perfectly acceptable to me.  I have no complaints and if I did a change would occur.  As you can gather  based on what I have said in my posts I do not and would not put up with crap if I felt it were unacceptable.  His soccer goals should be to have fun and to get to play, both of which have happened.  And BTW it was my son's team who came in ahead of your son's team at the end of the year when he finished up on Bates' team.  

If I came across that I (or my son ) was unhappy with the Soccer landscape I do apologize.  Things are good  for us, but our goals for our children are obviously very different and that is OK.  There was nothing insulting about what I said.  If you prioritize Soccer and have your son working at Soccer at a rate that is exponentially higher than mine then your child's success on the soccer field will likely exceed my child's.   You saying that or pointing that out is not insulting, it is likely true.   On the same note if our focus is that on professional success and our son works at that at an exponentially higher rate then it is likely he will exceed in that field.  I just wanted to be very clear that soccer is not the end all be all for all of the posters on this board.

Having said that I certainly appreciate the opinions and predictions as it makes for a more entertaining board. I also appreciate the honesty and the openness in which you reply as I would rather know what actually happens than some sugar coated version.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 9/18/2016, 1:59 pm

There seems to be a big misconception on the definition off a DP player and their role on a CL team. DP players are not brought in to compete with the top teams for CL position. They are part of the CL roster from the start and this does not change except if they were to become a full rostered Academy player. A DP player trains with the Academy team on a daily basis and then once or twice a week with their CL team. They are basically a CL player with rubber legs b/c of the amount of training. Most of the time they are limited in the amount of minutes they can play in CL games b/c of the amount of training. The only time the would ever not be at a CL game is if they were to be roster for the Academy game that week and this is rare b/c there are few windows this is allowed. This is all based on the FCD model and cannot speak for other teams.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation 9/18/2016, 2:42 pm

You all make the 02 forum the most fun of all Very Happy
I'm curious about a few things though. For Zero, what exactly did Stricker lie to you about? It's been a few discussions ago so I've forgetting what you said & don't want to go back to reread it all. I know you guys won state cup & went to regionals last year. Based on that, the team secured an RPL & NPL spot. So that would appear to be a more successful year than most CL teams. Age pure was not a Stricker think. It destroyed all the teams so everyone has had to rebuild. I don't know if anyone exactly when the change would happen but if you had known, would you rather have left Stricker then & missed winning state cup & regionals? Don't misunderstand, I'm not defending Stricker or anyone else. I'm just trying to understand the lie you mentioned. I love your commentary so I look forward to your reply.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/18/2016, 2:46 pm

zero wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
zero wrote:

OMG I am LMFAO!

There is certainly nothing insulting about working for someone.  Our goals differ.  My goal is for my son to focus on success in the workplace (when he gets there) and that is and will always be first and foremost on his agenda.  You misread about our soccer experience.  Other than Stricker lying to us (and about 15 other parents) it has been absolutely what we expect and a great experience.  I can guarantee my son does not work as hard as other kids do on Soccer as his priorities are different and that won't change.  His success in Soccer and his playing time has been perfectly acceptable to me.  I have no complaints and if I did a change would occur.  As you can gather  based on what I have said in my posts I do not and would not put up with crap if I felt it were unacceptable.  His soccer goals should be to have fun and to get to play, both of which have happened.  And BTW it was my son's team who came in ahead of your son's team at the end of the year when he finished up on Bates' team.  

If I came across that I (or my son ) was unhappy with the Soccer landscape I do apologize.  Things are good  for us, but our goals for our children are obviously very different and that is OK.  There was nothing insulting about what I said.  If you prioritize Soccer and have your son working at Soccer at a rate that is exponentially higher than mine then your child's success on the soccer field will likely exceed my child's.   You saying that or pointing that out is not insulting, it is likely true.   On the same note if our focus is that on professional success and our son works at that at an exponentially higher rate then it is likely he will exceed in that field.  I just wanted to be very clear that soccer is not the end all be all for all of the posters on this board.

Having said that I certainly appreciate the opinions and predictions as it makes for a more entertaining board.  I also appreciate the honesty and the openness in which you reply as I would rather know what actually happens than some sugar coated version.

I get it, Stricker bailed on your parent/player combo after Bates left and you didn't get an Academy option or a better offer so you were upset and felt betrayed by the process. At least you have a new 03B team that makes you feel like you have more control over the process so you don't have to move BB to another team or club. That feeling while good at the moment will certainly pass the minute you are pushed aside for the good of the team so that a better player who trains more often and is more committed to the game can keep them on top (it's the D1 way). That is a far greater reality than my BB working for yours. cheers

I think it's wonderful that you are able to provide your BB with a soccer experience that meets your requirements and if I know NTX soccer you will certainly be able to provide an even richer experience as clubs realize that you are willing to pay if you have a guarantee to play.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next