Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

+24
1soccermom247
ScottyTX
SoccerSpot
FCD07 Mom
No_Surprise_Here
JasonCrowder
SoccerToneLoc
futbolero8
Socceropath
thebirdstheword
TayJ6
takinumbers
Ron Mexico
Uncleof05AP
TXSoccerBall
just-a-dad
Bears
DragonStryker
cruiser
LLHowie
DblDown
nearpost95
twotone
DTSOUTHB
28 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament Empty Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/30/2017, 3:21 pm

Here we go to week 2 of QT.

40 Teams
10 Brackets of 4
Top 2 per Bracket goes D2.

How will Classic re-seed teams?
Option 1 - Based solely on Week 1 of QT (Number of Points then Goal Differential and then Goals Forward)
Option 2 - Based on updated YSRs after Week 1.
Option 3 - Based on a Mix of Option 1 and 2.

Lots of problems with Option 1. For instance, Solar Volkan is much better than what a #21 seed would indicate. Same for FC Fast. Hopefully Classic will get it right instead of doing the easy way like I am here....

If Option 1 is used (which would be flawed in my opinion), then the seeding will be done this way:

1 FC LEGENDS UTD
2 DALLAS RUSH FC (Voutier)
3 TIGRES ACADEMY
4 SOLAR 07B MARTINEZ
5 LIVERPOOL 07B CARRAGHER
6 RAYOS FC MARTINEZ
7 JUVENTUD FC JUVE
8 SPORTING UNITED SC
9 LIVERPOOL 07B HEIGHWAY
10 TRIUMPH  (Vincent)
11 FORT WORTH FC
12 ELITE UNITED FC WHITE
13 DALLAS TEXANS 07B WEST Connell
14 DALLAS TNT SC BAIRD
15 PREMIER 07B Johnson
16 LEON FC RED Rivera
17 FC FAST DONAGHY
18 FC DALLAS YOUTH NORTH
19 FC DALLAS YOUTH BLACK
20 TEXAS XTREME FC
21 SOLAR 07B VOLKAN
22 SOLAR 07B JULIAO
23 AAOS 07B PULISIC (TREVINO)
24 NORTH TEXAS UNITED FC
25 TEXAS LIGHTNING
26 FC DALLAS YOUTH SILVER
27 DALLAS ROMA FC HANEY
28 SOLAR 07B McKinney
29 DALLAS RUSH FC White
30 DALLAS COSMOS SC BLACK
31 DI STARS FC Jarjoura
32 FC DALLAS YOUTH WEST Sweetser
33 COLLEYVILLE EVOLUTION
34 SOLAR 07B TEZKOL
35 SOLAR 07B FIGUEROA
36 FC DALLAS YOUTH CENTRAL
37 SOLAR 07B EVANS
38 STRIKERS SC SELBY
39 AAOS 07B ACOSTA
40 TEXAS SPURS FC
Week 2 Qualifying Tournament Untitl10

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament Empty Re: Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/30/2017, 6:06 pm

And they did it. Classic to the easy way out and did exactly wht I spelled out here.

This is a shame. They should be ashamed of themselves....there will be some pretty tough brackets here. ZERO consideration for anything else other than the pts scored in Week 1...

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=58705&GroupID=618674&Gender=Boys&Age=11

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DTSOUTHB 7/30/2017, 6:34 pm

Where is hurst united?

DTSOUTHB
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/30/2017, 7:11 pm

Hurst united is in group A. I believe they are Texas Extreme now.

Socceroo... if QT uses the points from Round 1, you say it's flawed. But if week 2 is a continuation from 1, why not use that method?

I got a chance to watch 2 of Volkans games, vs Liverpool Carragher and vs the Rebels. They were overmatched by the Rebels until they let off the gas in the second half. The Liverpool game, Carragher was the better team the whole game. Volkans goal coming off a mistake by Liverpools goalie kicking the ball straight at the Volkan forward.
So should QT reward them for an 11th ranking that they clearly did not back up this tournament?

Good luck to all the remaining teams fighting for Div 2. Group A looks to be a pretty tough one

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 7/30/2017, 8:28 pm

Wasn't Solar Volkan the team that spent the entire week of TUT complaining about their placement being too low? And now they've missed D1 completely and would seem to be the 41st seeded team, out of Classic League altogether. I wonder if KT is validated or if this is karma taking a big bite out of that @$$

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DTSOUTHB 7/30/2017, 8:41 pm

I don't remember Of they were complaining or not. But they seemed t have ran through King TUT pretty handily from the results. Looks like 3/4 teams they beat are in D1. It's a flawed system, but had they won the games they were supposed to they, Legends, and Rush wouldn't be in this position.

With DA next year, this whole thing gets reset anyways.

DTSOUTHB
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/30/2017, 9:50 pm

While I am surprised by Volkan not making it, I'm more surprised that Rush didn't.

Bracket A is by far the toughest bracket.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 7/30/2017, 11:16 pm

schedule is posted.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=58705&Gender=Boys&Age=11

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 7/31/2017, 8:15 am

I think it is perfectly fair to reseed based solely on tournament performance. This is part of the same tournament. If you don't like your seeding in this tournament, then you should have performed better in the first round.

Rush is a shocker here, and so is Volkan. I also watched the Volkan Liverpool game, but I had the opposite take. I thought Volkan dominated the ball and gave the early goal on a counter. Then tied it up, but when pressing for the win they gave up the 2nd goal on another counter with under a minute left. This second goal is probably the one that kept them out of D1. Maybe they should have taken the tie and just shut it down. I completely disagree that Liverpool was the better team the whole game. Volkan missed a lot of chances. They should have won that game.

Same thing for Rush. Put all that effort into their 9-0 rout of Roma, but couldn't hold the tie against Celtic. 2-2 and their D1, that last goal pushed them out.

That's QT, you have to live with your results. 1 goal can change everything...ask Rush and Volkan

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 7/31/2017, 9:05 am

The only thing I would say about the second weekend rankings is that they spent all this time creating the cross game brackets to play against common opponents but then they threw it out the window when creating weekend two rankings. In my opinion, if you got first in weekend one, D1 for you, way to go. If you got second in your bracket, then you should have been a number 1 or 2 seed in weekend two, rewarded also for how you did against common opponents. Then if you were third in your bracket in week 1, then you are a 3 or 4 seed. The way they did it completely took that out of the equation. They might as well have taken the top 20 points after week one and made them all D1 because they valued all points as equal from week 1.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser 7/31/2017, 9:13 am

good point on the reseeding and points...

And looking at the week 2 setup and brackets w/ seeding - is Volkan a 3 seed? I know it's crazy to imagine - but is there any way they don't qualify for D2? With Legends in that bracket that could be a tough game . I don't know anything about Texas Extreme - just see they are the 2 seed...

cruiser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 7/31/2017, 10:17 am

Based on how they reseeded based on points, Volkan was the first 3 seed.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/31/2017, 10:26 am

cruiser wrote:good point on the reseeding and points...

And looking at the week 2 setup and brackets w/ seeding - is Volkan a 3 seed?  I know it's crazy to imagine - but is there any way they don't qualify for D2?  With Legends in that bracket that could be a tough game .  I don't know anything about Texas Extreme - just see they are the 2 seed...

Extreme is the former Hurst United team. They are a sneaky team. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave Volkan a tough game. Week 1 they lost to Fever 3 x 0 and Solar Martinez 3 x 1, two teams that are probably around same level as Volkan?

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/31/2017, 10:29 am

KOSoccer92 wrote:
Socceroo... if QT uses the points from Round 1, you say it's flawed.  But if week 2 is a continuation from 1, why not use that method?

Good point KOSoccer92. I completely understand the motivation since this is the continuation from week 1.
But I also agree with LLHowie's comments above on at least trying to take into account how teams finished in their bracket in week 1.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2017, 10:37 am

Agree. Extreme will be a sneaky team, and based on Volkan's week 1 performance, it will be a toss up.

On the other hand, Rush pretty much has their foot in Div 2, with the draw they received.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2017, 10:49 am

So here are my predictions for Round 2......

Bracket A: Legends, Volkan
Bracket B: Rush, FCD Black
Bracket C: Tigres Ft. Worth, FCD North Gold
Bracket D: FC Fast, Solar Martinez
Bracket E: LP Carragher, Leon FC Red
Bracket F: Rayos FC, FC Premier
Bracket G: Dallas TNT, Juventud FC
Bracket H: Texans West, Solar Mckinney/Lanier
Bracket I: LP Heighway, Elite United White
Bracket J: DI Stars FC, Triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/31/2017, 10:54 am

Looking at the 1 seeds this weekend, besides Legends, Rush, Martinez and Carragher, it doesn't look like there are many no brainers. Should be an interesting week 2.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/31/2017, 10:59 am

Predictions:

Bracket A - Legends and Volkan
Bracket B - Rich and FCD Black
Bracket C - Tigre's and AAOS Pulisic
Bracket D - Solar Martinez and FC Fast
Bracket E - Liverpool and Leon FC
Bracket F - Ramos and FC Premier
Bracket G - Juventud and TNT
Bracket H - DT West and Solar Lanier
Bracket I - Liverpool and Elite White
Bracket J - Triumph and FTW FC

Good luck to all. At least each team now controls their own destiny, beat the teams in your bracket and you are in, no if's, and's, or but's.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears 7/31/2017, 1:52 pm

Volkan is in trouble. I give him credit for being highly strategic. His 07s played Saturday league in Primetime. I think all would agree that the competition level wasn't close to Sunday league. His team's last two tournament appearances pre-Tut were Flamefest and Frisco Shawnee Trail which are not highly competitive Tournaments.

In round 1 of qualifying, the numbers are telling:

Legends scored 19 goals and only 2 against them.

Volkan scored 4 goals and had 6 against.

Texas Xtreme scored 4 goals and had 6 scored on them.

Legends is fast, well-conditioned, and they score the ball.

Last edited by Bears on 7/31/2017, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 7/31/2017, 2:21 pm

While I agree that Volkan is in trouble (I did see their center back still on the sidelines in a boot), I think you are looking at flawed data. 12 of Legends 19 goals came in 1 game against the lowest seeded team in round 2. 7 more against another bottom 5 team in round 2. Legends played bracket I, which had probably the weakest 2 and 3 seed in the tournament. Their toughest game was against Kennington which isn't known for overwhelming defense or for scoring a ton of goals themselves. More for grinding out long possessive low scoring wins.

Volkan gave up 4 goals to Rebels (nothing to be ashamed of). Yes, they should have scored more goals, but they were producing chances in the full game that I saw. In the beginning of the second half against Rebels I saw them absolutely dominate Rebels for 10 mins pouring shot after shot towards the goal until they finally go one in. I seriously saw 10-12 shots on goal in a matter of minutes. Luck drifts the other way and 2 or 3 of those go in and everything changes. Granted these are the only few minutes I saw of that game, but if I didn't know better I would have though it was 6-0 Volkan over Rebels. Those few minutes must have been the exception.

As troubled as Volkan seems to be against mediocre opponents at times, I still think they are a very dangerous team for even the very top teams except for FCD Academy. Bracket A is a nasty bracket to be in next week. Both Legends and Volkan could wipe the group with ease, or struggle against 2 of the 3 teams. This would be a fun group to watch.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2017, 2:46 pm

In watching the Volkan Rebels, Volkan Carragher games, 1 thing I noticed is that Volkan struggled with speed on the flanks. Rebels wingers were having a field day in the first half. They also struggled a bit with Carraghers speedy wings.

Legends is a team built with a lot of speed, so it will be interesting to see if they can make the necessary adjustments.

The goals scored can be a bit inflated due to the level of some of the lower teams. Yes Legends did score 12 against a lower seeded team, when facing those same "low level " teams, the top 10 teams all put up 5+ goals in their respective games. Volkan failed to do that against an FCD team that normally plays bronze/silver divisions.

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/31/2017, 3:01 pm

DblDown wrote:While I agree that Volkan is in trouble (I did see their center back still on the sidelines in a boot), I think you are looking at flawed data. 12 of Legends 19 goals came in 1 game against the lowest seeded team in round 2. 7 more against another bottom 5 team in round 2. Legends played bracket I, which had probably the weakest 2 and 3 seed in the tournament. Their toughest game was against Kennington which isn't known for overwhelming defense or for scoring a ton of goals themselves.  More for grinding out long possessive low scoring wins.

Volkan gave up 4 goals to Rebels (nothing to be ashamed of). Yes, they should have scored more goals, but they were producing chances in the full game that I saw. In the beginning of the second half against Rebels I saw them absolutely dominate Rebels for 10 mins pouring shot after shot towards the goal until they finally go one in.  I seriously saw 10-12 shots on goal in a matter of minutes. Luck drifts the other way and 2 or 3 of those go in and everything changes. Granted these are the only few minutes I saw of that game, but if I didn't know better I would have though it was 6-0 Volkan over Rebels. Those few minutes must have been the exception.

As troubled as Volkan seems to be against mediocre opponents at times, I still think they are a very dangerous team for even the very top teams except for FCD Academy.  Bracket A is a nasty bracket to be in next week. Both Legends and Volkan could wipe the group with ease, or struggle against 2 of the 3 teams.  This would be a fun group to watch.  

Agree with a lot of this. I think Volkan, to some degree is a victim of the schedule they played in recent months when they seemed to avoid playing top teams in top tier tournaments (not talking about KT).  Shawnee Trail and Flamefest are not exactly top tournaments with top caliber competition. Yes Volkan won  Flamefest and played in the finals of Shawnee Trail but did this create a false sense of security and comfort in the team?

Legends has some speed up top but aside from their small forward (looks like he was moved into the midfield in the 2nd half) they didn't show much against Kennington. Of course, could easily see that forward pouring in a lot of goals against a less structured or less athletic defense.

Legends probably deserved to advance. They scored more and gave up less against the other two common opponents. They just got unlucky playing Kennington in the AM while FCD West Blue got them in the afternoon heat after Kennington was almost assured of passage into D1. Result, Kennington plays a bit more defensively in the afternoon allowing FCD West into D1. Kennington really showed no offense to speak of save for spurts to end the first half and the game, otherwise they seemed content to play for the tie.

Legends, Rush, and Volkan should roll through to D2 and likely promote to D1 at u12 barring a total collapse. Who else will be interesting to follow.

I see a coming fight between FCD West Blue, Liverpool St John, Texans South, FCD Blue, and the Tigre's for the 16th and final spot to remain in D1 for u12.

Should be a fun season, looking forward to it.

Best game of the weekend? Liverpool Owen vs FCD Youth!  An ejected parent, an ejected player, yellow cards galore, I went to watch a u11 soccer and a hockey game, errr street fight broke out. Felt bad for the FCD forward who had his almost certain goal on a breakaway taken away by the selfish actions of his teammate who decided to blindside an Owen player well off the ball. Dirty, dirty, dirty play!  Wonder if the one game suspension will be hodor during the first game of league play? Not that Owen was innocent, AM sure all here have seen how aggressively they play and how quickly that can turn ugly in a game they are losing. Either way, the parents of both teams should be ashamed of the way their children conducted themselves, it was nothing short of an embarrassment to NTX soccer (the parents on both sidelines conducted themselves just as poorly as the players so there is utterly no doubt where the players actions come from). Though should thank them, provided a good example to my son of how the game shouldn't be played and what a lack of good sportsmanship looks like.

Last edited by DragonStryker on 7/31/2017, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/31/2017, 3:12 pm

Note to self. Must attend the Liverpool Owen/FCD Youth D1 match up this season Very Happy. Bring popcorn Very Happy Very Happy. As for Volkan, it seems to me they are streaky. They can roll off a few wins, then a few losses. Seems the consistency isn't really there. This weekend will depend on what "streak" they are on as Texas Extreme may be able to pull the upset.

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/31/2017, 3:18 pm

Fuzz wrote:Note to self.  Must attend the Liverpool Owen/FCD Youth D1 match up this season Very Happy.  Bring popcorn Very Happy Very Happy.  As for Volkan, it seems to me they are streaky.  They can roll off a few wins, then a few losses.  Seems the consistency isn't really there.  This weekend will depend on what "streak" they are on as Texas Extreme may be able to pull the upset.  

I predict team implosion if they miss D2. This wouldn't be acceptable to a group of parents convinced they were/are a close second to Solar McKinney in the hierarchy of teams at that club.

But I agree, they can't afford to have an "off" weekend for Round 2.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser 7/31/2017, 3:39 pm

is there any precedent for players on teams that miss D1 being so frustrated / unhappy that look for transfer options? Seems most thought QT would be mostly an academic exercise save for a few spots up for grabs...maybe in the end that's true - but surely those few spots weren't expected.

cruiser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next