Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament - Page 7 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

+24
1soccermom247
ScottyTX
SoccerSpot
FCD07 Mom
No_Surprise_Here
JasonCrowder
SoccerToneLoc
futbolero8
Socceropath
thebirdstheword
TayJ6
takinumbers
Ron Mexico
Uncleof05AP
TXSoccerBall
just-a-dad
Bears
DragonStryker
cruiser
LLHowie
DblDown
nearpost95
twotone
DTSOUTHB
28 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament - Page 7 Empty Re: Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Post by Bears 8/7/2017, 11:59 am

Perhaps Ron should've prefaced his comments with "dripping with sarcasm" as she clearly didn't notice.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soccermom247 8/7/2017, 1:19 pm

U know maybe our boys were off a game or 2 the 1st weekend and 1 of our starting players was injured also that 1st weekend in which could have helped out a lot in the games but we normally are a very good solid team and you can't beat the refs when they are obviously already against you and not calling the game fairly! Teams have off games, a lot of pro teams do!

And socceropath I have know idea what u are talking about class! All you guys do on here is bash this team or that team talk about this or that stupid crap but it is OK for you guys to do it!! Give me a break! I am just saying how we saw it!
1soccermom247
1soccermom247
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 8/7/2017, 2:31 pm

Refs, skills, kickball, possession....it's all perspective.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/7/2017, 2:53 pm

1soccermom247 wrote:
And socceropath I have know idea what u are talking about class!

This statement couldn't be more true. I could explain it to you but you can't fix stupid.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mexico 8/7/2017, 6:06 pm

This thread just got interesting. We found her. Clueless passionate soccer mom. Surprised if she knows what offsides actually is but I bet she is the one yelling at the ref the loudest when it gets called against her. She failed to mention her sideline was warned for being... well just like her.
Ron Mexico
Ron Mexico
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavazoscar 8/7/2017, 6:23 pm

nearpost95 wrote:biggest heartbreak of the day?:  FC Dallas North was 10 seconds away from making D2 with a tie against Tigres FW.   A ball shot through the defense from near midfield found its way into the net on the far post for the Tigres win. 

AAOS-Trevino advanced instead after beating Strikers.

Yes FCD North Gold parent here. It was tough loss but boys played well all tournament. Saw someone else mention that I think the elite united team the boys tied 2-2 last week kept them from jumping above Che for D1 and we were ranked about 100. Boys were actually up 2-0 in that game and a fluke bounce and crazy call on a free kick tied the game in the end. So well done by the boys. That's part of being a high level team is learning how to close out games. Gave up a late goal to AAOS after being up 3-1 seemed meaningless at time but that's the point that got them in. Plenty of you have mentioned consistency is key and we got front row seat to witness it this weekend lol. All good fun boys will work and get ready and hopefully some more "upsets" in tournaments! Love the forum by the way!

Last edited by Cavazoscar on 8/7/2017, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell)

Cavazoscar
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soccermom247 8/7/2017, 10:04 pm

Ron Mexico wrote: She failed to mention her sideline was warned for being... well just like her.

Sorry that was not me that got called down! I was on the sidelines but the 1 in particular she was talking about was not me. Like I said earlier the game was out of control!
I would hate to be one of the significant other of you guys cause I would hate to be belittled to the way I'm being talked to! Do it to 1 woman obviously do it to them! Sad! Hope you feel better about yourselves for speaking to a woman like that!
1soccermom247
1soccermom247
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exmarine2004 8/7/2017, 10:30 pm

Socceropath wrote:
1soccermom247 wrote:

This statement couldn't be more true.  I could explain it to you but you can't fix stupid.

Fix stupid? The only reference she was making was the refs bad calls during a game. It does happen brainiac. If you ever played, which you probably haven't and that it does happen with refs. As a hypocrit as yourself, I'm almost positive if your child's team was receiving bad calls during a game, does determine a game and a moron like yourself probably doesn't know the calls or offsides either. Guess jumping on the bandwagon when everyone starts getting upset at once is your knowledge. Your the expert apparently and also a joke.

Exmarine2004
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mexico 8/7/2017, 10:41 pm

I believe socceropath was referencing a few comments soccermom made.
1- she belittled solar Tezkol out of nowhere saying they shouldn't have won. But they did
2- she claimed the refs not only made bad calls but actually had the fix in and were purposely calling them one way
3- she claimed the game was out of control when in fact her own sideline was warned for their behavior - not solar.
So she isn't being attacked because she is a woman. She initiated the conversation

Honestly I just have little patience for parents blaming the refs. You don't like it- sign up and ref the games.
Ron Mexico
Ron Mexico
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 8/7/2017, 10:50 pm

Sometimes it is best to pause before hitting send.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exmarine2004 8/7/2017, 11:20 pm

Solar played good and yes bad calls are in any game. I agree with you and it annoys me too with some parents yelling out of control to the refs. Saying the thread just got interesting and we found her, calling her stupid wasn't called for either. No argument here. I congratulate all the teams we played the past few weekends. It was competitive and everyone's emotions get involved for some reason no matter what.

Exmarine2004
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/8/2017, 7:28 am

Exmarine2004 wrote:
Socceropath wrote:
1soccermom247 wrote:

This statement couldn't be more true.  I could explain it to you but you can't fix stupid.

Fix stupid?  The only reference she was making was the refs bad calls during a game.  It does happen brainiac.   If you ever played, which you probably haven't and that it does happen with refs.  As a hypocrit as yourself, I'm almost positive if your child's team was receiving bad calls during a game, does determine a game and a moron like yourself probably doesn't know the calls or offsides either.  Guess jumping on the bandwagon when everyone starts getting upset at once is your knowledge. Your the expert apparently and also a joke.  

Perhaps stupid wasn't the right word. What I should have said is that people who don't have class...have no idea they have no class. It's very hard to explain it to them. To be fair it doesn't really have anything to due with intelligence level, ethnicity, gender, net worth, etc...so I'm a total dumbass for linking the two. Ron Mexico on the contrary did a great job outlining why she doesn't have class. For most of us, it was pretty obvious, I just didn't have the energy to try and explain it.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/8/2017, 8:11 am

So soccer_mom gets called classless for "belittling" Tezkol and saying they shouldn't have won, but you guys can belittle a team and say they aren't top 10 worthy, D1 worthy, etc etc

Am I missing something here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/8/2017, 9:40 am

KO you ARE missing something. Please allow me to explain....

I'm pretty active on this board. I'm sure I've hacked off my share of readers along the way. Some of those I regret, most I don't. We're all here for different reasons. For me, first and foremost this is entertainment. I almost always entertain myself and I hope to entertain others along the way but I'm sure I fall short from time to time. Secondly, this is a good informational source. Sure you have to weed through the crap but their are some very useful nuggets as well. From time to time I get bored and try to get a conversation jump started. This typically takes a rather strong stand in one way or another. Lastly, I'm not the least bit bashful for taking someone to task for unsubstantiated claims and or general rudeness. And believe it or not, I can take it as well as I dish it out.

If you look back at my history, I don't belittle teams (sic 9-10yr old kids)...if anything I belittle parents. Big difference. If I ever cross that line, please someone put me back in my place.

Let's examine some of the top 10/D1 discussions I've participated heavily in...
#1. Allegiance parents started back in May (I think) declaring that they were a top 10 team. At that point, they'd come off a successful spring season in Primetime...playing in the unofficial gold division (meaning they hadn't played any of the established top 10 teams). I absolutely took them to task with no regrets. At that point in my mind (and many on the board) they hadn't earned that distinction yet. Guess what...over the course of the summer they proved (via the kids play on the field) that they are indeed a top 10 team. Kudos to them!

#2. Next up, Volkan...their PARENTS in the same top 10 discussion staked their claim to a top 10 berth, but were in the opposite position as the Allegiance folks. They WERE historically a top 10 team but had been declining and started playing in lower (albeit Gold) divisions...ie Primetime Saturday vs Primetime Sunday, as well as 2nd tier tourneys (Shawnee Trail and Flamefest). I certainly was not alone in taking them to task, but TayJ and I enjoy sparring each other (at least I enjoy it!). I also agree with TayJ quite a bit in his overall views and would sit down and have a beer with him in a heartbeat. For the record I was the first one on this board to congratulate them for making D2. Also for the record, I don't think they're a top 10 team, but I do think they are D1 quality. I was pretty vocal about the tourney structure minimizing the rightful advantage (another debate) to seeds #11-20.

Also for the record...I've seen bad refereeing in NTX games. It happens, no argument here. I didn't even try to argue that fact with SoccerMom. Truth is I really don't care. But I do question the motivation of bringing up that game when it had no bearing on her team qualifying for D2? I just don't get it? It certainly wasn't an entertaining post...I for one appreciate sarcasm, or a backhanded compliment is always fun, maybe a movie quote, or even a clever play on words (FlameOut at FlameFest). To be fair she did activate an otherwise lethargic board so for that, thank you.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 8/8/2017, 10:14 am

Although I don't support personal attacks (even on the interweb), I must agree that mom's ref post was strange and unnecessary. "Deserving" the win is such an arbitrary and objective opinion that it really isn't even debatable. You win or you don't. Sometimes both teams "deserve" to win, but someone is going to lose. Bad refs are bad both ways. Maybe he just likes to call the foul that your team has a habit of committing. Move on. Spirited debate is one thing, complaining about refs...get over it. You can't win that one.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/8/2017, 10:59 am

Did any of you guys get a chance to catch the Volkan Legends game? That thing was a nail biter. Great gritty win by Volkan. The end of the game was an all out attack on Volkan's defensive third. Defense made some awesome stops, Goalie made some awesome saves and Legends missed some great chances. It was a great game, both teams left it all out on the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 8/8/2017, 5:39 pm

I saw most of the game. It was a very athletic game to say the least. I was surprised that Volkan's outside backs kept pace with the runs of Legends. Volkan had their center back playing again. You're right, Volkan's keeper made some crucial saves including a phenomenal effort on an early PK that could have changed the game. Legends is a team you don't want to get rolling. Legends pushed hard at the end but couldn't break through. Those are probably 2 of the 4 teams that will be promoted.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 8/8/2017, 7:46 pm

Volkan got up 2-0 in the first have and looked like that things in control, but Legends kept up the intensity until the final whistle. Fast team with a couple of kids that are a handful off the dribble. It took a team effort from the back line...lots of help defense coming across when they got past a defender. Both teams had a penalty saved in the game.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyTX 8/15/2017, 6:18 pm

So what happens with the PPL for those who didn't qualify?

Do they have to qualify for that league as well? Is it possible to not qualify for it and then have to go to yet another league?

ScottyTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 8/15/2017, 9:08 pm

They have to qualify based on three games

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/16/2017, 8:24 am

ScottyTX wrote:So what happens with the PPL for those who didn't qualify?

Do they have to qualify for that league as well? Is it possible to not qualify for it and then have to go to yet another league?

Some teams qualified automatically based on how they did in the D2 qualifying weekend. The rest should be playing this weekend in a 3 game qualifier.

Back to top Go down

Post by eastdallasrush05 8/16/2017, 11:08 am

Here is PPL QT link for this weekend.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=61911&GroupID=668929&Gender=Boys&Age=11

Top 2 teams in each bracket make it so that is 12 teams. I didn't realize that some teams already qualified based on Classic QT results. Do you know who are how it was determined for those teams?

eastdallasrush05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/16/2017, 11:11 am

eastdallasrush05 wrote:Here is PPL QT link for this weekend.  

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=61911&GroupID=668929&Gender=Boys&Age=11

Top 2 teams in each bracket make it so that is 12 teams.  I didn't realize that some teams already qualified based on Classic QT results.  Do you know who are how it was determined for those teams?  

I only know this because I know a parent on one of the teams. I don't know how many teams or which ones automatically qualified based on Classic D2. The team I do know about was the Texans West team. A parent from that team told me they were in and didn't have to play because of their points from the D2 weekend. I'm not sure how all that works, just what I was told.

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 8/16/2017, 11:58 am

That doesn't make much sense. A team that had more points than them is in the PPL tourney this weekend.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/16/2017, 12:03 pm

LLHowie wrote:That doesn't make much sense.  A team that had more points than them is in the PPL tourney this weekend.

This is third or fourth hand knowledge. Who knows what the coach and/or manager told the parents. How much did the parent retain. How much was passed on to me. Honestly, I'm not sure how nor do I really care how, I was just happy for them for not having to play a 3rd QT qualifier. At the end of the day I just know they didn't have to play, for whatever reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 8/16/2017, 1:14 pm

put your kids in tennis

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down