Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic D1/D2 predictions '07 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic D1/D2 predictions '07

+13
good4nuthin
Solar5555
SoccerSpot
DblDown
03lovingsoccer
Ant_Knee
FCD07 Mom
DragonStryker
melabrew
just-a-dad
FCDsoccerdad23
No_Surprise_Here
Socceropath
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Classic D1/D2 predictions '07 Empty Classic D1/D2 predictions '07

Post by Socceropath 8/9/2017, 9:29 am

After the debacle yesterday (GTA thread), let's start fresh with a new thread shall we?

Parting shots:
1.  I'm a little proud that I had nothing to do with the craziest '07 thread of all time.
2.  When 2 personalities both insist on having the last word, all hell can break loose.
2.  Everybody missed the boat on this one...whatever IS happening at GTA is obviously David Arciniega's fault.

Moving on-
Pre-season poll on relegation/promotion candidates for D1/D2.  I'll start.

D1 relegation:
LP St. John
Garland Tigres
Texans South
FCD ETX

D2 promotion:
Rush
Solar Volkan
Solar Martinez
FC Legends

D2 relegation:
Solar Lanier
AAOS Pulisic
FCD W Red
LP Heighway
FCD Black
Triumph

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Classic D1/D2 predictions '07 Empty Re: Classic D1/D2 predictions '07

Post by No_Surprise_Here 8/9/2017, 9:42 am

D1 relegation:
FCD 07 West
FCD 07 Suarez
FCD 07 Blue Che
Garland Tigres

D2 promotion:
Rush
Solar Volkan
Solar Martinez
FC Fast

D2 relegation:
Triumph FC
AAOS Pulisic
Liverpool Carragher
FCD W Red
LP Heighway
FCD Black

No_Surprise_Here
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/9/2017, 9:44 am

D1 Relegation:
FCD Youth West Blue (Gonzalez)
Liverpool St. John
Texans South
Garland Tigres

D2 Promotion:
Dallas Rush
FC Legends
Solar Volkan
LP Carragher (I think its a toss up between them, Solar Martinez and Rayos so I'll got out on a limb here)

D2 Relegation:
AAOS Pulisic
FCD W Red
FCD Black
Texas Lightning
Triumph FC
Sporting United

Back to top Go down

Post by FCDsoccerdad23 8/9/2017, 10:24 am

Has classic league released the procedure on relegations and promotions for next year? I could not find that.

Last year was the first year of classic league for both 05s and 06s, and I happened to be a manager for one of the 05s, so I know how they did it this year for the 05s, but I have no clue if they did the same for the 06s.

This is an explanation I got from Classic some months ago:

For U13, a club whose team(s) finished among the top 10 teams from U12 Division I the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable, teams) in U13 Division I the following year. A club whose teams finished among the remaining 8 teams from U12 Division I, and among the top two teams from U12 Division II the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable teams) in U13 Division II the following year. A club whose team(s) finished as the 19th or 20th place team from U12 Division I the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable, teams) in U13 Division III the following year along with the 3rd and 4th place teams from U12 Division II. The remaining 6 places in U13 Division III will be determined through the Classic League Challenge Games.

Basically they only kept 10 teams at each division (D1, D2 & D3), and there was not promotions to D1, only relegations to D2 and D3.

I think Classic only keeps 10 teams per division after the first year.

FCDsoccerdad23
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FCDsoccerdad23 8/9/2017, 10:36 am

Forget it. They did keep 20 on D1 and D2 for the 06s. And there is no D3.

FCDsoccerdad23
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 8/9/2017, 11:04 am

make predictions in December after first season. if qualifying showed you anything is that some teams needed time to figure new kids out. also, game of thrones will.be done by then

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew 8/9/2017, 12:10 pm

FCDsoccerdad23 wrote:Has classic league released the procedure on relegations and promotions for next year? I could not find that.

Last year was the first year of classic league for both 05s and 06s, and I happened to be a manager for one of the 05s, so I know how they did it this year for the 05s, but I have no clue if they did the same for the 06s.

This is an explanation I got from Classic some months ago:

For U13, a club whose team(s) finished among the top 10 teams from U12 Division I the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable, teams) in U13 Division I the following year. A club whose teams finished among the remaining 8 teams from U12 Division I, and among the top two teams from U12 Division II the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable teams) in U13 Division II the following year. A club whose team(s) finished as the 19th or 20th place team from U12 Division I the previous year will be invited to field a team (or, if applicable, teams) in U13 Division III the following year along with the 3rd and 4th place teams from U12 Division II. The remaining 6 places in U13 Division III will be determined through the Classic League Challenge Games.

Basically they only kept 10 teams at each division (D1, D2 & D3), and there was not promotions to D1, only relegations to D2 and D3.

I think Classic only keeps 10 teams per division after the first year.

U12 has 20 D1 teams and 20 D2 teams. After last year, the top 4 D2 teams moved up to D1, bottom 4 D1 teams moved down to D2 and the bottom 6 D2 teams were relegated.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/9/2017, 2:35 pm

D1 Relegation:
FCD 07 West
LP St. John
Texans South
Garland Tigres

D2 Promotion:
Dallas Rush
FC Legends
Solar Volkan
LP Carragher

D2 Relegation:
AAOS Pulisic
Solar Martinez
Tigres FTW
Texas Lightning
Triumph FC
Sporting United

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/9/2017, 3:57 pm

Facts...
Interesting that you put 2 teams that went 3-0 in the 2nd weekend in the relegation zone (Martinez and Tigres FTW)...care to elaborate?

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/10/2017, 8:08 am

Socceropath wrote:Facts...
Interesting that you put 2 teams that went 3-0 in the 2nd weekend in the relegation zone (Martinez and Tigres FTW)...care to elaborate?

Here ya go:
1. Martinez's week 2 performance in QT was against weaker competition. They will struggle with the elites of the D2 group for sure. I saw one of their games in week 1, and I felt like while they have some good players, they struggled to maintain possession more often than not. I saw their record in week 2, but I didn't see them play, so I'll concede that I'm jumping to conclusion on this one a bit. They're a boom or bust team. They certainly can prove me wrong and perform well.. Yet other teams in D2 will only get stronger as the season progresses, and I feel like Martinez's group might already be at their peak.

2.Tigres FTW - As we've all learned from the recent Garland Tigres thread seeking players, the club is rearranging their team's rosters. I know of at-least 1 player (very good striker) that will be released to join the Garland team in D1. I only speculate that more of this will occur to strengthen the Gold team in D1, which could cause an issue with how this FTW TIGRES team performs in D2. Pure speculation, but one confirmed source that they'll be moving some kids around to improve the Garland team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/10/2017, 9:56 am

factsmatter wrote:

Here ya go:
1. Martinez's week 2 performance in QT was against weaker competition. They will struggle with the elites of the D2 group for sure. I saw one of their games in week 1, and I felt like while they have some good players, they struggled to maintain possession more often than not. I saw their record in week 2, but I didn't see them play, so I'll concede that I'm jumping to conclusion on this one a bit. They're a boom or bust team. They certainly can prove me wrong and perform well.. Yet other teams in D2 will only get stronger as the season progresses, and I feel like Martinez's group might already be at their peak.

2.Tigres FTW - As we've all learned from the recent Garland Tigres thread seeking players, the club is rearranging their team's rosters. I know of at-least 1 player (very good striker) that will be released to join the Garland team in D1. I only speculate that more of this will occur to strengthen the Gold team in D1, which could cause an issue with how this FTW TIGRES team performs in D2. Pure speculation, but one confirmed source that they'll be moving some kids around to improve the Garland team.

Good info. Thanks! Not sure I agree on Martinez, but potential roster moves at Tigres is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/10/2017, 10:43 am

D1 Relegation:
Garland Tigres
FCD Che
FCD West
LP St John

D2 Promotion
Dallas Rush
Solar Volkan
Solar Martinez
FC Legends/Solar Lanier

D2 Relegation
Tigres FTW
AAOS Pulisic
Texas Lightning
Triumph FC
Sporting United
FCD Black
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/10/2017, 11:41 am

Socceropath wrote:
factsmatter wrote:

Here ya go:

Good info.  Thanks!  Not sure I agree on Martinez, but potential roster moves at Tigres is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Don't know about Tigres. But I know one of the moms at Martinez team. According to her this group is nowhere near their peak. New Coach (used to be Oglesby), at least 5 new kids in the team, a couple of starters missing in week 2 and they still beat a very good and highly competitive FC Fast team.

As for predictions. I'm not as familiar with some of the D2 teams, but here we go:

D1 Relegation:
Garland Tigres
FCD Che
FCD West
LP St John

D2 Promotion
Dallas Rush
Solar Volkan
Solar Martinez
FC Legends/Solar Lanier/FC Fast/Rayos

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 8/10/2017, 11:48 am

Socceroo wrote:Don't know about Tigres. But I know one of the moms at Martinez team. According to her this group is nowhere near their peak. New Coach (used to be Oglesby), at least 5 new kids in the team, a couple of starters missing in week 2 and they still beat a very good and highly competitive FC Fast team.

Martinez is a solid coach. Older son played for him on one of his State Cup teams. I wouldn't bet against him whipping this team into shape. Know Oglesby lost his top players to McKinney a while back but with the newly added kids, I suspect they will continue to improve.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/12/2017, 11:54 am

1st upset post QT. Solar Kennington beat Solar McKinney last night 2 x 0.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/12/2017, 9:49 pm

Socceroo wrote:1st upset post QT. Solar Kennington beat Solar McKinney last night 2 x 0.

Socceroo,

wow ... I just saw that for the Solar Tournament. Assuming you were there... Can you tell us more about the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/13/2017, 5:36 pm

I wasn't there either....My kids FCD team didn't play. But I saw the results online. Would be nice to hear from anyone that was there....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 8/13/2017, 6:27 pm

Not much to take away from the match except that Kennington's team wanted it more that night.  My BB plays on McKinney's team and we typically don't lose 50/50 balls.  We pretty much were losing all of them.  Even my BB played like he had been playing all day out in the sun prior to the game and didn't have much in him this go around.  It was 0-0 at the half.  First goal came off a PK.  The PK could have been avoided if a missed foul that should have gone our way was correctly called right before...but it happens.  No big deal.  The second goal was a great long shot that just went over or through our backup keepers hands (Mckinney/Lanier keeper).  He was helping us out because our starting keeper couldn't be there until Saturday's games.

We were able to turn it up in our second game against one of the Lonestar Pre DA teams (I think they called them all Pre DA) and win 5-1.  Their one goal came off a corner that landed directly in our backup keepers hands and bounced into the goal.  Again it happens, no big deal.  All other games in the tournament were canceled due to rain.  Otherwise I figured we would have probably met Kennington again in the final.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/14/2017, 2:37 pm

Hard to draw any conclusions from Premier Cup. All gold teams were 1-1 after 2 games. Kudos to Kennington for pulling off a win vs McKinney. Hadn't seen a win over higher ranked opponent in quite some time. Pretty sure nothing changes in Solar Hierarchy though. McKinney 1, Kennington 2, Volkan/Martinez 3. McKinney/Kennington rematch in finals would have been interesting. I would have picked McKinney to win but another upset by Kennington would have raised eyebrows for sure.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03lovingsoccer 8/14/2017, 3:20 pm

Adults are funny! Put the boys with a good coach, and who cares about wins at this age. Five years from now you will understand. I just have to shake my head when I see kids leaving the games, and dads are all in the kids face telling them how bad they did.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/14/2017, 3:56 pm

03lovin'
Can't the same be said 5 years from now...and 5 years after that? I'm just curious when we get to stop waiting for the games to matter. Not sure how U15 is any more or less important than U11??? I mean based on your argument, what's the point...this is all just a huge waste of time.

True story, I had my best friend from grade school in town this weekend. We met playing rec soccer on the same team in 2nd grade. Neither of us can remember how many games we won or lost that year, but we CAN remember the pure joy of getting to play the game we love, even 30+ years later. The fact that we share those memories is part of the foundation of our friendship. Getting to watch my son fall in love with the game, create his own friendships, his own memories, is what is worth doing. Bottom line is all of the games matter in the present. Who knows how the future will weigh their importance?

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03lovingsoccer 8/14/2017, 5:20 pm

My son is an 02 now. Seems to me at U15/U16 is when it really starts to matter if they plan to play at a high level in collage. I have found that the boys put pressure on each other at the high school level. My son has told me most of the boys would rather the parents stay at home. lol I don't say much on the sidelines. I have never put pressure on him about sports. Sports is his stress release. I will put the pressure on when it comes to academics. lol If he gets below a 95 his cell phone is mine.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/23/2017, 2:26 pm

Since we 07 parents are the crazy ones, are we going to start a weekly survivor contest based on D1/D2 match winners?

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 8/23/2017, 9:45 pm

Has anyone taken a stab at predictions for this weekend's games?

I know D1 games are a repeat of QT games. Any upsets or changes from QT that anyone wants to roll the dice on?

Interested to hear what others have to say. And good luck to all teams that play this weekend.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 8/24/2017, 1:04 pm

I enjoyed all those back handed "backup keeper" references....Gotta love the sublime excuses.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next