Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas College Showcase Results  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas College Showcase Results

+4
lowandhard
THE NEEDLE
soccergrinder
Soccernovice
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FC Dallas College Showcase Results  Empty FC Dallas College Showcase Results

Post by Soccernovice 3/13/2011, 7:16 pm

FC Dallas hosted their first college showcase event and there were over 100 DI, DII, and DIII college coaches in attendance. What was also great about the showcase is the Development Academy teams played club teams so it was a good chance to see how DA and local club teams fared against the same teams and competition. TFC, Dallas Texans Red, and FC Dallas Premier were scheduled to play Development Academy teams. There were also matches were the club team played the same team as a Development Academy team in the same showcase event.

Post any local scores that you know especially where Development Academy teams played local club teams or same competition.

Results that I am aware of in U17 bracket:

AYSES Gold 94 beat Jackson FC Fire Premier 2 to 0 - AYSES has 4 players including several starters out for this game for SAT test and were missing 3 starters due to injuries (tons of college coaches on sidelines)

Texans Developmental Academy beat Jackson FC Fire Premier 2 to 0 - similar result as AYSES Gold 94 Club team

AYSES Gold 94 beat Texas Titans 3 to 0

AYSES Gold 94 beat Oklahoma Texans 5 to 1

I do not have any other scores U17 club and Development Academy teams were represented including club TFC, Dallas Texans Red, AYSES Gold, FC Dallas Premier, and FC Premier and Development Academy teams from North Texas included Texans Academy and FC Dallas Academy.

Overall all of the teams participating got great looks by college coaches.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas College Showcase Results  Empty Re: FC Dallas College Showcase Results

Post by soccergrinder 3/13/2011, 8:15 pm

Novice,

Just to set the record straight because your post seams a little confusing.

A: Jackson FC Fire Premier is NOT an Academy team. I know you didn't state that they were but one could misunderstand what you are stating.

B: You left off that the "Texans Developmental Academy" team you spoke of was the 4th place (in the Central Conference/Texans Division) Dallas Texans U15/16 Developmental Academy team.

The U15/16 Texans team had to play up a year into the U17 Division.

So the 94 AYSES team was in essence playing a 95 team.

In other words if you took the current AYSES 94 team directly into Academy they would be a U17/18 team. Just like the Solar 94 team is now the U17/18 Solar Chelsea Developmental Academy team.

I’m not trying to take anything away from the AYSES 94 team because I am sure they are a fine team and I am glad they had the opportunity to showcase their talents in front of so many college coaches. I hope that many of them will get the opportunity to take their exceptional skills to the next level and let their dedication to their AYSES team and soccer help them get a quality college education that I’m sure they deserve.

Just wanted to make sure everyone understood your statement and its implications clearly.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas College Showcase Results  Empty Re: FC Dallas College Showcase Results

Post by THE NEEDLE 3/13/2011, 10:20 pm

soccergrinder wrote:Novice,

A: Jackson FC Fire Premier is NOT an Academy team. I know you didn't state that they were but one could misunderstand what you are stating.

B: You left off that the "Texans Developmental Academy" team you spoke of was the 4th place (in the Central Conference/Texans Division) Dallas Texans U15/16 Developmental Academy team.

In other words if you took the current AYSES 94 team directly into Academy they would be a U17/18 team. Just like the Solar 94 team is now the U17/18 Solar Chelsea Developmental Academy team.

I’m not trying to take anything away from the AYSES 94 team because I am sure they are a fine team and I am glad they had the opportunity to showcase their talents in front of so many college coaches. I hope that many of them will get the opportunity to take their exceptional skills to the next level and let their dedication to their AYSES team and soccer help them get a quality college education that I’m sure they deserve.

Just wanted to make sure everyone understood your statement and its implications clearly.

Well the Texans U15/U16 Academy team has a mixture of 94, 95 and 96 players About a third of the roster use to play in the 94 age group (U17). It isn't exactly a 95 team.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/13/2011, 11:26 pm

Thanks Soccergrinder for the good words about our team. I do know many of the starters for Texans Development Academy U15/U16 team are 94 players and two play on my son's high school team with all of them being Juniors (our team is mostly 1994 birth date players would be on U15/16 DA team if they joined a DA squad). I like to post good facts about club soccer since there is a choice for top players they can do well in club or Development Academy and land in good DI, DII, or DIII programs. One parent (must be totally uneduated parent) recently posted club soccer after U13 is just recreation soccer.

Our coach has told our parents it doesn't matter if you play for club or development academy leagues what matters to college coaches is do you have a good team with good players and that comes out in showcase opportunities like this. Good teams with good players will get alot of visibility with college coaches we are seeing that now as we start to showcase. I am waiting to see some of the other scores for TFC, Texans Red, and FC Dallas Premier who played DA teams head to head in this showcase. I believe TFC played TSC/Houston DA team which is high in DA league standings.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lowandhard 3/13/2011, 11:34 pm

I believe that FCD Premier tied 1-1, and TFC won 1-0.

lowandhard
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/14/2011, 12:07 am

There are some very good U17 players starting on the U15/16 Dallas Texans Academy and playing most if not all the games in DA League. I count 8 which all look like starters based on # games played.

Here are the Development Academy teams that played North Texas Classic League DI teams head to head which should be good indication of how talent on both teams match up:

Classics Elite Academy - next to Andromeda Academy in near bottom of DA league standings played Dallas Texans Red (#2 DI Classic League)

Texans TSC/Houston Academy - Near top of DA league standings played TFC (#1 DI Classic League)
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/14/2011, 1:08 am

THE NEEDLE wrote:

Well the Texans U15/U16 Academy team has a mixture of 94, 95 and 96 players About a third of the roster use to play in the 94 age group (U17). It isn't exactly a 95 team.

It's exactly a like a 95 team. A top 95 team will be made up of about 1/2 to 2/3 of 94's and the rest 95's. Of course the actuall age make-up of a team will fluctuate.

Also, the 94's you are refering too on the U15/U16 teams would mostly be Juniors. (some parents hold their kids back for various reasons and so a 94 could be a Sophomore) They have those lucky birthdays which allow them to be Juniors playing against Sophomores and Freshmen. Of course the drawback is they will only get to play one year on the U17/U18 team as they will be Seniors next year. And there are always exception to this but it is the norm.

The point I was making is that AYSES is playing a team that has to play up. If AYSES were to play in the Academy they would be a U17/U18 team. They would not be a U15/U16 team.

For example, the U17/U18 Academy teams playing in the Dallas Cup have to play up in the U19 Bracket.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/14/2011, 1:29 am

Soccernovice wrote:There are some very good U17 players starting on the U15/16 Dallas Texans Academy and playing most if not all the games in DA League. I count 8 which all look like starters based on # games played.

Here are the Development Academy teams that played North Texas Classic League DI teams head to head which should be good indication of how talent on both teams match up:

Classics Elite Academy - next to Andromeda Academy in near bottom of DA league standings played Dallas Texans Red (#2 DI Classic League)

Texans TSC/Houston Academy - Near top of DA league standings played TFC (#1 DI Classic League)

Novice,

You are mixing apples and oranges. Academy terms and Classic League North Texas terms are different. It really is better to not use the term U17 but use birthdates instead. A U17 "Academy" player would not be allowed to play on a U15/U16 team. Academy uses birth year. Not school year like North Texas. U15/U16 team is 94 and younger. U17/U18 is 92 and younger. So the fact that you have some 93 players on the AYSES 94 team would mean that if for some reason AYSES was allowed to play in an Academy tournament then they would play in the U17/U18 age group. Just like the Solar 94 team now the Solar U17/U18 Academy team has to do.

Anytime an Academy team plays in a non Academy tournament then the advantage goes to the non-Academy teams as the Academy teams must play up. So the AYSES U17 team is not playing it's counterpart of a U17 Academy team.

The Solar U17/U18 team is made up of 21 players. 5 Seniors and 16 Juniors. How many Juniors on the AYSES team?
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 3/14/2011, 7:53 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
Soccernovice wrote:There are some very good U17 players starting on the U15/16 Dallas Texans Academy and playing most if not all the games in DA League. I count 8 which all look like starters based on # games played.

Novice,

You are mixing apples and oranges. Academy terms and Classic League North Texas terms are different. It really is better to not use the term U17 but use birthdates instead. A U17 "Academy" player would not be allowed to play on a U15/U16 team. Academy uses birth year. Not school year like North Texas. U15/U16 team is 94 and younger. U17/U18 is 92 and younger. So the fact that you have some 93 players on the AYSES 94 team would mean that if for some reason AYSES was allowed to play in an Academy tournament then they would play in the U17/U18 age group. Just like the Solar 94 team now the Solar U17/U18 Academy team has to do.

Anytime an Academy team plays in a non Academy tournament then the advantage goes to the non-Academy teams as the Academy teams must play up. So the AYSES U17 team is not playing it's counterpart of a U17 Academy team.The Solar U17/U18 team is made up of 21 players. 5 Seniors and 16 Juniors. How many Juniors on the AYSES team?

No because they are not playing up. They play based on the birth dates of their oldest player.

If Ayses 94 played Solar U17/18 Academy, the academy team would have the advantage. I doubt Ayses even has any Seniors, most U17 teams don't.

In fact, I think that TFC 94 is a pretty even match for Solar's U17/U18 academy team if the Solar U18 (Seniors) didn't play. I am sure you will disagree.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/14/2011, 8:03 pm

Soccergrinder:

You are wrong on several points you have made about Development Academy teams this time and in past statements. You are very wise and I respect your opinions but agree to disagree on several points you have made.

One point you made last fall you stated a good Development Academy team would always beat a top Classic League team since the best players are on Development Academhy teams. You even stated maybe a few players on Classid League teams could play on Development Academy teams. You also said most Develpomental Academy teams would be ranked in Top 50 on Gotsoccer.com ahead of the top Classic League teams. etc etc etc

Sunday TFC 94 Classic League DI team beat the Texans SC/Houston Development Academy U15/U16 team 1 to 0. Ouch!!!! The end of smack talken about DA vs Classic League team quality. This is a very clear, valid data point that proves your prior write ups are wrong on this issue.

I see Development Academy as a viable option for parents and players to take soccer very seriously. I am not sure it is teaching them to play higher quality technical soccer accept I have stated FC Dallas Academy and Solar Academy play good quality posession style soccer.

In terms of ages of Development Academy players on U16/U15 teams most of the starters on the 2010 - 2011 Dallas Texans Academy team are 94's born between January 1, 1994 and June 30, 1994 which makes them a U-17 player if they returned to the classic league where they played before they joined the academy program. We could add the best 95's or even the very best 96 player in the league to our AYSES team and make it better not worse against U-17 competiton. That is why these excellent players are getting playing time on the Development Academy team over other U-17 94 players. The U-17 classic league teams do have some August 1993 to December 93 players which would not be able to play in U15/U16 Development Academy. There is a slight mismatch here but at this age High School and later college you need to be able to match up with age differences like this routinely.

You have over sold the quality of Development Academy soccer and undersold the quality of the remaining top classic league teams in DI. I am seeking balance in that both top DI and top Develpoment Academy team players will get good looks by college coaches and have opportunity to play in college. I respect the great talent of some of the Development Academy teams but also have previously stated some in the lower level of Development Academy league standings are nothing more than lower to mid-level DI classic league teams in my opinion.

TFC 94 beat the third place DA team in the DA Texas region. Here are the current rankings I would say based on our experience in DI TFC, Dallas Texans Red, and AYSES would do just fine in this league if they played in it.

Texas Division GP W L T Pts GF GA GP W L T Pts GF GA Pts/GP
01. C1194 Solar Chelsea SC U-15/16 (TX) 7 6 0 1 19 13 1 14 11 1 2 35 27 7 2.50
02. C1200 Texas Rush AJ Auxerre U-15/16 (TX) 9 5 3 1 16 18 12 15 8 4 3 27 33 21 1.80
03. C1202 Texans SC Houston U-15/16 (TX) 9 4 1 4 16 6 4 16 5 5 6 21 11 13 1.31
04. C1192 Dallas Texans U-15/16 (TX) 8 4 1 3 15 12 6 15 6 4 5 23 24 17 1.53
05. C1198 FC Dallas U-15/16 (TX) 8 3 4 1 10 9 11 15 7 5 3 24 24 15 1.60
06. Houston Dynamo U-15/16 (TX) 8 3 5 0 9 10 12 14 7 7 0 21 16 16 1.50
07. C1204 Lonestar SC Academy U-15/16 (TX) 8 2 4 2 8 9 8 13 4 6 3 15 14 15 1.15
08. C1196 Andromeda U-15/16 (TX) 5 1 3 1 4 6 11 12 4 6 2 14 13 19 1.17
09. C1206 Classics Elite U-15/16 (TX) 8 0 7 1 1 4 22 13 1 10 2 5 9 30 0.38

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/14/2011, 8:06 pm

Needle TFC 94 is very good team sure they would give the Solar Academy U-17 players and hand full and they could win. They are a very strong team we can't wait to play them again in State Cup. Last match in league play TFC 0 AYSES 0 it was a great match to watch and TFC and AYSES have some great players that are game changers.

Last edited by Soccernovice on 3/14/2011, 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/14/2011, 8:12 pm

Our coach is very impressed with FC Dallas U-18 academy team that is what Development Academy is all about playing higher technical great quality soccer and giving great players a chance to go to MLS or top DI programs. I am not sure how good a Development Academy team is to be in last place in the Texans Division. Andromeda is 2nd to last both U15/U16 and U17/U18 leagues.

Texas Division GP W L T Pts GF GA GP W L T Pts GF GA Pts/GP
01. C1199 FC Dallas U-17/18 (TX) 8 5 1 2 17 17 7 15 11 1 3 36 32 9 2.40
02. C1193 Dallas Texans U-17/18 (TX) 8 4 0 4 16 15 10 15 8 0 7 31 24 14 2.07
03. C1205 Lonestar SC Academy U-17/18 (TX) 8 5 3 0 15 12 10 13 5 5 3 18 18 19 1.38
04. C1201 Texas Rush AJ Auxerre U-17/18 (TX) 9 2 3 4 10 14 15 15 5 6 4 19 23 27 1.27
05. C1203 Texans SC Houston U-17/18 (TX) 9 2 5 2 8 9 17 16 5 7 4 19 16 25 1.19
06. Houston Dynamo U-17/18 (TX) 8 2 4 2 8 8 13 14 4 6 4 16 16 20 1.14
07. C1207 Classics Elite U-17/18 (TX) 8 2 4 2 8 10 10 13 3 6 4 13 16 19 1.00
08. C1197 Andromeda U-17/18 (TX) 5 2 2 1 7 6 5 12 6 4 2 20 16 13 1.67
09. C1195 Solar Chelsea SC U-17/18 (TX) 7 2 4 1 7 11 15 14 5 7 2 17 22 26 1.21
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 3/14/2011, 9:10 pm

With all due respect Soccernovice, I don't believe you can say the majority of starters on the Dallas Texans u15/16 were born between January 1, 1994 and June 30, 1994. You could safely say they were born between January 1 and December 31, 1994; which brings in U16 players. These are Sophomore and Juniors in high school. A '94 Classic Team will have mostly Juniors and the possibility of a couple of Seniors; with one or two Sophomores on the team (not necessarily starters).

If you know something different, how many (specifically) on the Texans were born between Jan 1 and June 30, 1994?

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/15/2011, 1:05 am

Novice,

I appreciate your zeal to constantly work to try to keep AYSES a viable club. And your propaganda that you post on this forum reflects that. But as usual you always try and manipulate the facts. Was it by accident in your original post that you hid the fact that you were playing the U15/16 Academy team and not the counterpart to the AYSES U17 team which would be the U17/18 Academy team? I don't think so.

And there was nothing in my original statements that are anything but reflections of facts. If you think the AYSES team is equal to the Solar, Texans or FC Dallas teams then why don't you call up Hassan or Kevin Smith and set up a scrimmage. The U15/U16 Academy teams are made up of 94 and 95 players. The TFC team and the AYSES team are made up of 94 and 93 players. Those are facts.

Please, please, please answer this simple question. If the AYSES team were to move directly into the Academy with the roster as it is today would the team be in the U15/U16 age group or would they be in the U17/U18 age group.

I am going to leave it with you to spread your disinformation all you want. Go ahead and thump your chest that your U17 team might have tied a U15/U16 team. Go for it.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/15/2011, 1:15 am

Eight 1994 born between January 1 and July 31st are on current team. I checked their roster posted on the Development Academy page True U-17's it even lists starting % of time on roster for DA games and 7 of the 8 players started 75% + of time. One 50%. All U-17's. There are only 11 starters so I say 75% of starters is mostly U-17's with a few exceptional U-16 and one U15 player who starts.

I only made a big deal of these games since Soccergrinder had talked down top DI teams in Gotsoccer rankings (Top Classic League teams would be ranked below most DA teams), talked down on quality of top DI team players versus DA players (only a few on given teams were good enough to be DA players), talked down ability of top DI teams to compete with the likes of DA elite teams (Top DI teams would get hammered by most DA teams), etc. etc. The DA has some people brainwashed including newby parents coming up. The bottom line is there are really good teams at top of DA Texas Region and North Texas Classic League. They can compete with each other and it would be a good, entertaining game to watch. There are really good players on both levels all with good opportunities to showcase their talents to college coaches. There are exceptional players in both leagues and beyond the exceptional there is probually not much difference in players in both leagues. Players and parents who have the opportunity choose the DA route and others could have the opportunity and choose not too.

I hope Dallas Cup provides more opportunities for North Texas Classic League teams to play Texas Region or rest of US DA teams. I encourage interested parents to come out and watch for yourself the quality of play and look for differences if there are any except uniforms, style of play,and sometimes noise level of coach.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/15/2011, 1:22 am

Soccergrinder it was good for some Academy teams to play in FC Dallas College Showcase gave chance for teams to play. I am sure there will be more such chances in the future. Maybe this summer after state cup, regionals if teams get lucky to progress, scrimmages can be held. My experience has been that results will be downplayed it was just a scrimmage xyz happenned etc etc. I prefer games in showcase events like this week-end. When it is time to produce results, hand it to TFC 94 that got a great result. Congratulations TFC representing Classic League!
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 3/15/2011, 7:37 am

Soccernovice wrote:Eight 1994 born between January 1 and July 31st are on current team. I checked their roster posted on the Development Academy page True U-17's it even lists starting % of time on roster for DA games and 7 of the 8 players started 75% + of time. One 50%. All U-17's. There are only 11 starters so I say 75% of starters is mostly U-17's with a few exceptional U-16 and one U15 player who starts.

I only made a big deal of these games since Soccergrinder had talked down top DI teams in Gotsoccer rankings (Top Classic League teams would be ranked below most DA teams), talked down on quality of top DI team players versus DA players (only a few on given teams were good enough to be DA players), talked down ability of top DI teams to compete with the likes of DA elite teams (Top DI teams would get hammered by most DA teams), etc. etc. The DA has some people brainwashed including newby parents coming up. The bottom line is there are really good teams at top of DA Texas Region and North Texas Classic League. They can compete with each other and it would be a good, entertaining game to watch. There are really good players on both levels all with good opportunities to showcase their talents to college coaches. There are exceptional players in both leagues and beyond the exceptional there is probually not much difference in players in both leagues. Players and parents who have the opportunity choose the DA route and others could have the opportunity and choose not too.

I hope Dallas Cup provides more opportunities for North Texas Classic League teams to play Texas Region or rest of US DA teams. I encourage interested parents to come out and watch for yourself the quality of play and look for differences if there are any except uniforms, style of play,and sometimes noise level of coach.

40% of the field player starters are true 95s, so, it is impossible that 75% of the starters are U-17.

Fact #1 - The Classic League is significantly watered down due to USSDA.
Fact #2 - There is no equal comparison between a U-17 Classic Team and a U15/U16 USSDA team.

Opinion - A Classic League U17 team would not be competitive against top U17/U18 USSDA teams.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 3/15/2011, 9:25 am

I appreciate your zeal to constantly work to try to keep AYSES a viable club. And your propaganda that you post on this forum reflects that. But as usual you always try and manipulate the facts. Was it by accident in your original post that you hid the fact that you were playing the U15/16 Academy team and not the counterpart to the AYSES U17 team which would be the U17/18 Academy team? I don't think so.

And there was nothing in my original statements that are anything but reflections of facts. If you think the AYSES team is equal to the Solar, Texans or FC Dallas teams then why don't you call up Hassan or Kevin Smith and set up a scrimmage. The U15/U16 Academy teams are made up of 94 and 95 players. The TFC team and the AYSES team are made up of 94 and 93 players. Those are facts.

Please, please, please answer this simple question. If the AYSES team were to move directly into the Academy with the roster as it is today would the team be in the U15/U16 age group or would they be in the U17/U18 age group.

I am going to leave it with you to spread your disinformation all you want. Go ahead and thump your chest that your U17 team might have tied a U15/U16 team. Go for it.

And you seem to conveniently omit that the U17/U18 academy teams are made up of 92 and 93 players.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/16/2011, 10:14 am

THE NEEDLE wrote:

And you seem to conveniently omit that the U17/U18 academy teams are made up of 92 and 93 players.

I'm sorry. I thought it was obvious that U15 is a 95, U16 is a 94, U17 is a 93 and U18 is a 92 under USSF birth year rules. Of course most of the 92's have already graduated so it is the very young 92's who are seniors this year. So I didn't omit it, I just thought it was common knowledge for anyone who follows soccer. I'll try and cover all the bases next time so you can keep up and are not confused. My bad.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/16/2011, 11:07 am

THE NEEDLE wrote:
No because they are not playing up. They play based on the birth dates of their oldest player.

If Ayses 94 played Solar U17/18 Academy, the academy team would have the advantage. I doubt Ayses even has any Seniors, most U17 teams don't.

In fact, I think that TFC 94 is a pretty even match for Solar's U17/U18 academy team if the Solar U18 (Seniors) didn't play. I am sure you will disagree.

Thanks for making my point for me. If the Ayses team played in an USSF Academy Showcase they would have to "play based on the birth dates of their oldest player." which would put their U17 team in with the U17/U18 teams where all of their counterparts that used to play in Classic League play.

I also find the math everyone is using very intersting. TFC never finished any higher than 5th in Classic League before the players from from Texans Red, Texans Red West, Solar and Solar Red left. And now that TFC lost several of it's top players to the Academy, Solar and Solar Red merged and added the U17 National League player from the Longhorns, now TFC is the better team. WOW. OK, if you say so. Hard to argue with that pretzel logic. You got me there.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoreNOmore 3/16/2011, 11:10 am

Anyone know where the socres/results can be found?
scoreNOmore
scoreNOmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 3/16/2011, 2:36 pm

scoreNOmore wrote:Anyone know where the socres/results can be found?

USSDA U15/U16 Standings

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/16/2011, 3:03 pm

You are spot on regarding Novice. Always a little piece of disinformation to make him/club look better.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 3/16/2011, 5:34 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
THE NEEDLE wrote:

Thanks for making my point for me. If the Ayses team played in an USSF Academy Showcase they would have to "play based on the birth dates of their oldest player." which would put their U17 team in with the U17/U18 teams where all of their counterparts that used to play in Classic League play.

I also find the math everyone is using very intersting. TFC never finished any higher than 5th in Classic League before the players from from Texans Red, Texans Red West, Solar and Solar Red left. And now that TFC lost several of it's top players to the Academy, Solar and Solar Red merged and added the U17 National League player from the Longhorns, now TFC is the better team. WOW. OK, if you say so. Hard to argue with that pretzel logic. You got me there.

Pull your head out of smudger and take a deep breath.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/16/2011, 6:11 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:

You are spot on regarding Novice. Always a little piece of disinformation to make him/club look better.

You crack me up, SR2. One of our most biased posters calling someone else biased. And you call yourself a ref.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next