Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What are the Select Fees for the different clubs Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What are the Select Fees for the different clubs

+15
bb_01_keepers_dad
The German
anselansel
bigtex75081
starbuck
Laimport
finish1
soccerfever
98observer
clueless
omega striker
soccermom97b
Soccerinsanity
my2cents
newparent
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are the Select Fees for the different clubs Empty What are the Select Fees for the different clubs

Post by newparent 1/8/2012, 11:15 am

Do all the clubs charge about the same amount for select soccer?

If you play for these clubs can you post what their select fee is or a close estimate:

- FC Dallas
- Solar
- Texans
- Livepool
- TFC
- Andromeda FC
- FC Premier
- Ayses
- Odyssey

UPDATED (does not include uniform kits or other fees like tournaments..etc.):
- FC Dallas $2,400+
- Odyssey $2,100+
- Texans $2,200+
- TFC $2,400+
- Solar - $2,800+
- Livepool $2,230+
- Andromeda FC $2,525+
- FC Premier around $1,500

- Ayses

Anyone have Ayses fees?

Last edited by newparent on 1/12/2012, 8:49 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : updated fees)

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What are the Select Fees for the different clubs Empty Re: What are the Select Fees for the different clubs

Post by my2cents 1/8/2012, 4:23 pm

Odyssey $2150

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

What are the Select Fees for the different clubs Empty Re: What are the Select Fees for the different clubs

Post by Soccerinsanity 1/8/2012, 4:56 pm

FCD was $2500 last year
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 1/8/2012, 5:27 pm

TFC $2400 plus $300 uniform
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/8/2012, 6:03 pm

DTS $2200 plus $370 for the uniform Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 1/8/2012, 8:11 pm

Uni was @$300 for FCD, too....except they are easy to find secondhand!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 1/8/2012, 9:14 pm

It's really not that simple, there are other costs involved.
What would be best is someone to collect the following information

- Fees
- Fundraisers (mandatory)
- Uniforms
- Tournaments (if any are included in the fees)
- Travel (this varies per team, if you are in premier league, pre-academy, if your team travels for tournaments)...

The fact sheets help somewhat, but it's never apples/apples.

Pretty much, I'd venture to guess approximately $2800-3200 is about what everyone will pay for
fees/uniform/tournaments without any travel.

I have a kid with Liverpool and Andro. I don't recall what our fees are, but they were both pretty similar. LP has two mandatory fundraisers. The uniforms were about $300-400, less for Andro as they went frugal with our team's uniform choice.

I've spent more in travel than for fees with hotels/flights/food - Orlando/San Diego/Memphis/Houston/OKC/Austin/Tulsa.

It's all fun, but it adds up. Price shouldn't be your determinant factor - it should be about fifth, IMO. If it's first, you probably shouldn't be playing select. Most costs are so similar, a simple practice location difference could eat up any fee differential.

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 1/8/2012, 10:20 pm

newparent wrote:Do all the clubs charge about the same amount for select soccer?

If you play for these clubs can you post what their select fee is or a close estimate:

- FC Dallas
- Solar
- Texans
- Livepool
- TFC
- Andromeda FC
- FC Premier
- Ayses
- Odyssey

Here's the cost updates so far. Plus, about $300-$400 for a uniform kit.
- FC Dallas $2,400+
- Odyssey $2,100+
- Texans $2,200+
- TFC $2,400+

- Solar
- Livepool
- Andromeda FC
- FC Premier
- Ayses

Anyone have more fees for some of these other clubs?

Some posted that price should be a factor. I agree assuming everyone is around the same amount. But what about some of these smaller clubs like Ayses and FC Premier or Ando FC? Are these clubs less expensive?

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 98observer 1/8/2012, 10:31 pm

Texans fees this year were $2800. I believe Solars fees were $2800 as well. Both of those didn't include uniforms or tournaments.

98observer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfever 1/9/2012, 8:31 am

Do these prices include tournament fees? If not, about how much more do you pay during the year for tournaments?

soccerfever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 1/9/2012, 9:54 am

Total cost for a year of select soccer is about $5k.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 1/9/2012, 6:04 pm

It also depends on how many players the coach has scholarshipped. A friend was telling me that a tournament was $45 per player, but for my team, it's $35. Same number of players but my team didn't scholarship like the other coach does---and no, those parents don't always realize that they are underwriting a large portion of the team. It's only when they compare with us that they realize....
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/9/2012, 6:06 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:It also depends on how many players the coach has scholarshipped. A friend was telling me that a tournament was $45 per player, but for my team, it's $35. Same number of players but my team didn't scholarship like the other coach does---and no, those parents don't always realize that they are underwriting a large portion of the team. It's only when they compare with us that they realize....
yea but wa that from the same club? maybe their more than yours? scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 1/9/2012, 6:20 pm

I've seen it on both club fees and tourney. And I've seen it within the same clubs. There's even a club that didn't report in the form that there are any scholarships but I know for a fact that a kid is getting a scholarship and I suspect a second one might be.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/9/2012, 6:56 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I've seen it on both club fees and tourney. And I've seen it within the same clubs. There's even a club that didn't report in the form that there are any scholarships but I know for a fact that a kid is getting a scholarship and I suspect a second one might be.
then that would answer your question in the other thread Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 1/10/2012, 8:41 am

Anyone have any idea of what the coaches get...say out of a $2500 fee?

Half? A third?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 1/10/2012, 8:53 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:I've seen it on both club fees and tourney. And I've seen it within the same clubs. There's even a club that didn't report in the form that there are any scholarships but I know for a fact that a kid is getting a scholarship and I suspect a second one might be.

That's dangerous for the team. Even though these aren't really contracts, having scholarships and not disclosing them would void them all.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 1/10/2012, 9:50 am

Laimport wrote:Anyone have any idea of what the coaches get...say out of a $2500 fee?

Half? A third?

About half. You can figure $20K per team for a rough standard for a coach.

There are so many variables as mentioned.
Team Size, scholar shipped kids, location, skills, fundraisers, tournaments entered...
I think most clubs include some level of tournaments in their fees - except Texans/Solar as noted above.
I know for Liverpool we had approx 3 tournaments - depends on which tournaments, obviously.

I've been associated with teams that had a lot of scholarships (all paid by the club, not team), but the majority are always from the team or the coach's pocket. It's normally a very key contributor who is in need, obviously. If you are on some FCD teams - then, it's everyone!

That $5K sounds closer if $2800 doesn't include tournaments or uniforms, probably not fundraisers either.

For short weekend trips to Austin/Houston/OKC/Tulsa, it's probably a min $400 - assuming you don't share a room (with fuel/food/room). We usually take the whole family and make a vacation out of it.

A good rule of thumb, to save money, is to avoid any team that is a top team. You won't be tempted by the larger showcases/venues and it will cut costs down tremendously.

As this is a boys forum, most will not be playing in college, so, it's best to treat it as fun and a life experience as soon as you can and avoid the development/exposure to college coaches thoughts. Spending $5-10K per year for 7-8 years in hopes of a $2000 scholarship isn't a wise decision.

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/10/2012, 10:06 am

starbuck wrote:

That's dangerous for the team. Even though these aren't really contracts, having scholarships and not disclosing them would void them all.

Why would disclosing scholarships be required ? It is just another expense for the coach or club. I don't understand why so many people get hung up on it. You agree to pay a set price for a service. What that business or individual does with that money is their own business and no one elses. How many out there have heard of a club or coach announcing they are returning a portion of the fees because they did not have to scholarship anyone?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/10/2012, 10:21 am

"Why would disclosing scholarships be required ? It is just another expense for the coach or club. I don't understand why so many people get hung up on it. You agree to pay a set price for a service. What that business or individual does with that money is their own business and no one elses. How many out there have heard of a club or coach announcing they are returning a portion of the fees because they did not have to scholarship anyone?"

I disagree with this. Imagine if everyone but you is getting a free ride, still willing to be the chump who pays full price?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/10/2012, 10:28 am

clueless wrote:
Laimport wrote:Anyone have any idea of what the coaches get...say out of a $2500 fee?

Half? A third?

About half. You can figure $20K per team for a rough standard for a coach.

There are so many variables as mentioned.
Team Size, scholar shipped kids, location, skills, fundraisers, tournaments entered...
I think most clubs include some level of tournaments in their fees - except Texans/Solar as noted above.
I know for Liverpool we had approx 3 tournaments - depends on which tournaments, obviously.

I've been associated with teams that had a lot of scholarships (all paid by the club, not team), but the majority are always from the team or the coach's pocket. It's normally a very key contributor who is in need, obviously. If you are on some FCD teams - then, it's everyone!

That $5K sounds closer if $2800 doesn't include tournaments or uniforms, probably not fundraisers either.

For short weekend trips to Austin/Houston/OKC/Tulsa, it's probably a min $400 - assuming you don't share a room (with fuel/food/room). We usually take the whole family and make a vacation out of it.

A good rule of thumb, to save money, is to avoid any team that is a top team. You won't be tempted by the larger showcases/venues and it will cut costs down tremendously.

As this is a boys forum, most will not be playing in college, so, it's best to treat it as fun and a life experience as soon as you can and avoid the development/exposure to college coaches thoughts. Spending $5-10K per year for 7-8 years in hopes of a $2000 scholarship isn't a wise decision.

I agree with you that most of these kids will not play competitively past 18 years old, but a $2000 college scholarship is not the motivation for participating in the Club Soccer merry go round. I would love for my kids to have the chance to play in tournaments in Europe, South AMerica etc as they get older. I heard there was even some 01's last summer that trained oversees. That is a great life experience they will never forget. The scholarship idea is a very small afterthought in my family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 1/10/2012, 10:47 am

My feeling is that full disclosure is essential regarding scholarship players on the roster.

Why? Simple, soccer clubs are "nonprofit" entities. I'm not a CPA but I think legally they have to disclose this information.

Privately owned company? Then no explanation is required.

So, if a coach is making around 15-20K per team, and many coaches have 3 teams (some more) then they are making 50-60K a year...basically working part time. (15-20 hrs per week on average prorated on 12 months....not bad!)

With those kinds of fees and that kind of money for the coaches, it's no wonder why there's pressure to win. ("Justification")

I agree that playing high level club soccer for the sole purpose of a (mostly marginal...unless you have a national pool player at home)college scholarship is pretty damn lame.

On the other hand, the pursuit of excellence is always a good thing.

I disagree though that a lot of classic league caliber players COULD play college soccer. On some level. There are well over 1200 mens college soccer programs in this country.

Plenty of opportunities...even with the heavy influx of foreign players.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/10/2012, 10:55 am

Laimport wrote:My feeling is that full disclosure is essential regarding scholarship players on the roster.

Why? Simple, soccer clubs are "nonprofit" entities. I'm not a CPA but I think legally they have to disclose this information.

Privately owned company? Then no explanation is required.

So, if a coach is making around 15-20K per team, and many coaches have 3 teams (some more) then they are making 50-60K a year...basically working part time. (15-20 hrs per week on average prorated on 12 months....not bad!)

With those kinds of fees and that kind of money for the coaches, it's no wonder why there's pressure to win. ("Justification")

I agree that playing high level club soccer for the sole purpose of a (mostly marginal...unless you have a national pool player at home)college scholarship is pretty damn lame.

On the other hand, the pursuit of excellence is always a good thing.

I disagree though that a lot of classic league caliber players COULD play college soccer. On some level. There are well over 1200 mens college soccer programs in this country.

Plenty of opportunities...even with the heavy influx of foreign players.

I heard someone claim the other day they added up the fees for a coach that had three or four teams and he could make 80-90K as a coach. Not bad money if you can get it. But you are right, it also turns the coaches into salesmen because their bottom line depends on it. Win, get more players, make more mulahhh. Lose, team falls apart, mulahh walks out the door....

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 1/10/2012, 12:55 pm

Yup.

In the grand scheme of things, the team really isn't all that important anyway.

Not until at least 15 or 16. And even then only in the context of training and coaching. Not necessarily the highest 'ranked' team.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 1/10/2012, 1:07 pm

Does anyone have a number we should stick on these clubs:
- Livepool
- Andromeda FC
- FC Premier
- Ayses

Any other clubs to add?

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next