Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Where did my Select soccer fees go? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Where did my Select soccer fees go?

+13
omega striker
FCUnited
S0cc3rD@d
Soccerinsanity
scoregazam
my2cents
go99
starbuck
soccer4fun
ph223048
R1
happyfeet
FriscoSoccer00
17 posters

Go down

Where did my Select soccer fees go? Empty Where did my Select soccer fees go?

Post by FriscoSoccer00 4/9/2012, 9:53 pm

We paid $3,000 per year to play select soccer and are with a club that has no fields, no club house, nothing! Figure we had 600 players in the club paying $3k each. Our team had 18 players, and we got nothing more than the coach which I heard only makes about $21k. So where did the rest of our $54,000 go? Where's the beef......?????? Is select soccer a Scam?

FriscoSoccer00
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Where did my Select soccer fees go? Empty Re: Where did my Select soccer fees go?

Post by happyfeet 4/9/2012, 10:05 pm

You're entitled to an accounting of the monies. Why don't you ask? Don't get a good answer? Leave.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Where did my Select soccer fees go? Empty Re: Where did my Select soccer fees go?

Post by R1 4/9/2012, 10:48 pm

FriscoSoccer00 wrote:We paid $3,000 per year to play select soccer and are with a club that has no fields, no club house, nothing! Figure we had 600 players in the club paying $3k each. Our team had 18 players, and we got nothing more than the coach which I heard only makes about $21k. So where did the rest of our $54,000 go? Where's the beef......?????? Is select soccer a Scam?

Outdoor league fees - probably around $200-$250 per year per player (league fee plus $35 ref fees per game). Probably around $40 per player membership with NTSSA - PYSA or whereever your home association is. If your team doesn't own fields, then they reserve practice fields through the city, or rent out gyms for practices - if this is year round - say they rent out 52 weeks x twice a week - $30 per practice (on average - winter will be higher due to need for lights, summer lower due to only needing a field) = $173.33 per kid on a 18 player roster. Coach makes $21k (off your team alone?) - 18 player roster - $1166.67 per player to pay for the coach. That accounts for about $1500-$1600 of it.

Equipment (nets, goals, flags, cones, and whatever else they use - all costs something to keep replacing), tournaments, uniforms, indoor leagues, futsal, etc are all variables - depends on how much you are paying in addition to your $3k for that stuff. Another consideration - if your club has "Academy" teams that don't charge their players - then you are underwriting those teams.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ph223048 4/10/2012, 6:34 am

What club is this you speak of?
ph223048
ph223048
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 4/10/2012, 8:32 am

happyfeet wrote:You're entitled to an accounting of the monies. Why don't you ask? Don't get a good answer? Leave.

I am not so sure you are; I am not trying to be either pro or con club soccer, but if you send you child to college, you agree on a fee and you pay it. You do not know where every nickle goes nor should you once you agree on the fee. If you do not get what you agreed to you leave; why is club soccer different...
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 8:54 am

soccer4fun wrote:
happyfeet wrote:You're entitled to an accounting of the monies. Why don't you ask? Don't get a good answer? Leave.

I am not so sure you are; I am not trying to be either pro or con club soccer, but if you send you child to college, you agree on a fee and you pay it. You do not know where every nickle goes nor should you once you agree on the fee. If you do not get what you agreed to you leave; why is club soccer different...

I understand what you're saying, but club soccer and college is not even close to a good comparison.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/10/2012, 9:14 am

who cares where the money goes? They can spen it all on booze and strippers for all I car. I am paying for coaching and to help bb get better. As long as that happens the everything is okay. When that doesn't happen or a better product comes along then I just move on
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 9:24 am

starbuck wrote:
soccer4fun wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but club soccer and college is not even close to a good comparison.

Point made.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/10/2012, 10:18 am

FriscoSoccer00 wrote:We paid $3,000 per year to play select soccer and are with a club that has no fields, no club house, nothing! Figure we had 600 players in the club paying $3k each. Our team had 18 players, and we got nothing more than the coach which I heard only makes about $21k. So where did the rest of our $54,000 go? Where's the beef......?????? Is select soccer a Scam?

If your paying 3K then it must be one of the big 4 and I have heard their DOCs make well into the 6 figure range. That is where a good chunk goes.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 4/10/2012, 11:15 am

my2cents wrote:

If your paying 3K then it must be one of the big 4 and I have heard their DOCs make well into the 6 figure range. That is where a good chunk goes.

Some of the larger clubs use the extra money to scholarship players on other teams in the older age groups also. Rememeber the money you pay does not go to the team, it goes to the club. As 2cents mentioned the DOC's make a good chunk then the trickle down effect begins. Select soccer is not really a scam, but it is costly. The teams that play in the lesser leagues, where fees are cheaper and traveling expenses are not as great help pay for the teams in the higher leagues throughout the year in some cases
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer00 4/10/2012, 4:32 pm

Thank you for all of your comments. We are fairly new to Select and were warned about the drama a few years ago but never really thought it would get this bad for a bunch of 12 year olds kicking a ball into a net... Smile

So basically here is all we are getting for our $3k:

-Coach
-Classic League play at Richland College

Here is what we DO NOT get:
-No Fields, we practice at a public park, sometimes in the dark...
-No Clubhouse, No Club Events
-No Communication from the club unless they want more money
-We pay for the Uniforms, Traveling costs, Tournament Fees, in addition to the $3k, this amounts to another $600-800 per year out of pocket.
-No equipment other than the cones our coach has had for the past 4 years
-No Indoor play

I understand we are playing at a slightly higher level than Rec but in D2 that's not saying much. We have 6-7 boys that got on the team without trying out and are playing at the Rec level IMHO.

Signed,

"ThinkingOfStartingMyOwnClubandMakingMillionsOfDollarsOffOfKidsSoccer"

FriscoSoccer00
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 4/10/2012, 4:44 pm

FriscoSoccer00 wrote:Thank you for all of your comments. We are fairly new to Select and were warned about the drama a few years ago but never really thought it would get this bad for a bunch of 12 year olds kicking a ball into a net... Smile

-Coach

Here is what we DO NOT get:
-No Fields, we practice at a public park, sometimes in the dark...
-No Clubhouse, No Club Events
-No Communication from the club unless they want more money
-We pay for the Uniforms, Traveling costs, Tournament Fees, in addition to the $3k, this amounts to another $600-800 per year out of pocket.
-No equipment other than the cones our coach has had for the past 4 years
-No Indoor play

I understand we are playing at a slightly higher level than Rec but in D2 that's not saying much. We have 6-7 boys that got on the team without trying out and are playing at the Rec level IMHO.

Signed,

"ThinkingOfStartingMyOwnClubandMakingMillionsOfDollarsOffOfKidsSoccer"

You are definitely not club soccer material, bud.

You caught on way too fast.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 4/10/2012, 6:18 pm

most of the teams are nonprofits...definitely the big 4, in which case you are entitled to see the fiscal records...federal law for 501(c)3. NonProfits
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by S0cc3rD@d 4/11/2012, 11:02 am

We have 6-7 boys that got on the team without trying out and are playing at the Rec level IMHO.

My curiosity is piqued. How much of a factor were those 6-7 boys and how did the team do overall? You can respond in general terms but I'm just wondering how competitive you can be in Classic 2 with this kind of handicap.
S0cc3rD@d
S0cc3rD@d
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Where did my Select soccer fees go? Empty It could be done for Less!!!

Post by FCUnited 4/14/2012, 7:33 pm

I am the co creator and coach of a u98 boys team. When shopping my kid to turn competitive I was blown away by the cost. I grew up playing in D1 my entire career and knew that I could do better for less. Our cost for league dues, 4 tournaments, and to really break even for my time and gas is $800 a kid. A third of most clubs. Our hugest hurdle is that most people here only care about what big club they play for and if they are in classic league. My team plays in PPL and plays good soccer with average kids sprinkled with a couple of good ones. My kids have beaten teams in both D2 and several in D3, but w/o a system to requalify...Weak teams just sit in Classic league with a couple of wins. I am looking for a few more players to grow organically, and learn soccer the proper way, Not Just How To Play To Win!
FCUnited
FCUnited
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/14/2012, 7:53 pm

those teams you speak of may or may not belong their there, you are given the same chance to move up ie. Guameru(formerly pachuca academy) who cleaned house in PPL then cleaned house this past season in classic league D3 moving on up to D2 Cool anyway good luck coach club soccer and money go hand in hand so watch yourself on here cause' you will run into "sharks" in these waters! Laughing
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FCUnited 4/14/2012, 8:31 pm

What you might not know about Pachuca is that they formed for one season with a few ringers that are no longer on the team to help them move up. Then they turned around and lost those ringers, then upped the dues on all the remaining kids b/c they made it to classic league. They are still a very good team without those kids. Now since they will move up to D2, I bet the coach finds it easier to get kids to move and strengthen their squad.
FCUnited
FCUnited
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/14/2012, 9:53 pm

FCUnited wrote:What you might not know about Pachuca is that they formed for one season with a few ringers that are no longer on the team to help them move up. Then they turned around and lost those ringers, then upped the dues on all the remaining kids b/c they made it to classic league. They are still a very good team without those kids. Now since they will move up to D2, I bet the coach finds it easier to get kids to move and strengthen their squad.
Im pretty sure they only lost bench players but ill ask the few friends on that team that i know to confirm? Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FCUnited 4/15/2012, 4:19 pm

I know they lost 2 to pre-academy
FCUnited
FCUnited
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabiano9 4/15/2012, 8:03 pm

Guameru SC only raised their fees to $1600 a year, which is still way below what the big boys charge.
As for the players they lost, they were replaced and the team has not lost a step. I'm sure the same thing will happen this
summer and they will find replacements. They are doing a great job advertising the club to the hispanic talent pool.
There is so much untapped Hispanic talent in the Metroplex that replacing 2-3 players from year to year will not be
the death sentence that it was in the past. I'm sure they will rip through D2 and be in D1 by this time next year.

The Guameru of D3 next year will be Santos (once they qualify, which should not be a problem). Super tough team that
spanked their competition in Plano this season and should do the same in D3.

Starting to see a trend here? Irving Elite (Plano, D3, D2, D1), Guameru (Plano, D3, D2), Santos (Plano, D3).
Independent teams rising up through the ranks and making a name for themselves.

And as for the "ringers", the #1 ringer is the coaches son, who i'm sure will play pro someday, just like his older bro
who scored for Queretero in Mexico yesterday in his debut. The same "ringer" who missed six games during the Fall to injury and the team just kept rolling without him.
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 4/15/2012, 11:51 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:most of the teams are nonprofits...definitely the big 4, in which case you are entitled to see the fiscal records...federal law for 501(c)3. NonProfits
The Dallas Texans NPO filing, in a nutshell says: $X,000,000 received to the non-profit entity, and $(X-1),000,000 of that was paid out to a separate entity for "coaching and consulting services", or some such. This separate entity, which is presumably for-profit, and for which you will never, ever see its records, is what pays the coaches, the DOCs, the BMW payment(s) of Hassan, etc, etc.

I don't recall the exact amounts, but I do recall that was well into the 7 figures and was staggering.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 4/16/2012, 12:06 am

FriscoSoccer00 wrote:

-Coach

Here are the rules for a soccer parent in NTX
1. You go where we tell you to go, without question, regardless of time, day, distance, weather, or of any conflict, real or imagined;
2. You pay what we tell you to pay, without question, regardless of whether we give you any justification of that payment, reasonable or otherwise;
3. You do what we tell you to do, without question, regardless of whether it is logical or rational.
4. Violation of any of these rules will offend the coach, DOC, and/or team manager and shall cast your future with this team into doubt.

That's about it, in a nutshell. Enjoy the next 6 years! Very Happy

PS: There is a large pitcher of Kool-Aid over there on the table. Start drinking about a cup a day. Before you know it .. all of these type thoughts will slowly fade away and you will feel better ... I guarantee it

OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 4/16/2012, 9:16 am

OnTheSurface wrote:
Soccerinsanity wrote:most of the teams are nonprofits...definitely the big 4, in which case you are entitled to see the fiscal records...federal law for 501(c)3. NonProfits
The Dallas Texans NPO filing, in a nutshell says: $X,000,000 received to the non-profit entity, and $(X-1),000,000 of that was paid out to a separate entity for "coaching and consulting services", or some such. This separate entity, which is presumably for-profit, and for which you will never, ever see its records, is what pays the coaches, the DOCs, the BMW payment(s) of Hassan, etc, etc.

I don't recall the exact amounts, but I do recall that was well into the 7 figures and was staggering.

That's exactly right -- they do a wonderful job of hiding the actual payments that are made to HN and the coaches. I wonder why? (cough...cough... and I suspect it has nothing to do with how much the coaches make!).

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 4/16/2012, 9:32 am

[quote="OnTheSurface"][quote="FriscoSoccer00"]

-Coach

[/quote]
Here are the rules for a soccer parent in NTX
1. You go where we tell you to go, without question, regardless of time, day, distance, weather, or of any conflict, real or imagined;
2. You pay what we tell you to pay, without question, regardless of whether we give you any justification of that payment, reasonable or otherwise;
3. You do what we tell you to do, without question, regardless of whether it is logical or rational.
4. Violation of any of these rules will offend the coach, DOC, and/or team manager and shall cast your future with this team into doubt.

That's about it, in a nutshell. Enjoy the next 6 years! :D

PS: There is a large pitcher of Kool-Aid over there on the table. Start drinking about a cup a day. Before you know it .. all of these type thoughts will slowly fade away and you will feel better ... I guarantee it

[/quote]

Only if it's Cherry-Limeade.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down