Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

The NTX System is Working for the 01s? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

The NTX System is Working for the 01s?

4 posters

Go down

The NTX System is Working for the 01s? Empty The NTX System is Working for the 01s?

Post by Guest 2/24/2012, 11:25 am

I often see comments on this forum stating the NTX Soccer system has it all wrong, only cares about winning, focuses only on BSF kids and does not teach proper possession style soccer. Afer reading a number of 01 posts and comments about those teams, I am wondering if these complaints are unfounded or wrong. ( I really am not sure as I do not have a kid in this age group, but spend too much time reading this forum)

For Example, a previous thread asked which 01 teams play the best possesion style of soccer. The consensus seemed to be that the top four to five teams in Classic D1 ( WINS) also play the best style of soccer.

Second, I wonder if the 01 coaches and parents had to put together an all star list of the best players in the 01 age group, how many of those kids would also come from the top 4 or 5 D1 teams? This would show the best players in terms of possession, first touch, skill, technical ability are also on the teams that win the most.

Based upon these criteria, it appears the system is working at getting the best players (touch, skill, technical ability) on the same teams, and these teams play the most advanced style of soccer (possession)

Isn't that what we are striving for? The NTX system is doing a good job in the case of 01s right?

I have seen Gall's team play, but have not seen Pino, Adames, or Oglesby's teams so maybe I am wrong and they all play kickball and only use BSF kids. If so, please enlighten me. Or is the system getting better and working like it should?

Back to top Go down

The NTX System is Working for the 01s? Empty Re: The NTX System is Working for the 01s?

Post by omega striker 2/24/2012, 4:08 pm

with all do respect good sir these types of threads go on and on each and every year,with first whatever year it maybe that year is the most talented,then it goes thru rankings,loss of players,gaining of super players,great coach one minute crap the next etc..... the real fun is joining in with the younger groups cause' those parents are always ready to rumble on just about anything at the drop of a pin! lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

The NTX System is Working for the 01s? Empty Re: The NTX System is Working for the 01s?

Post by scrdad 2/24/2012, 4:12 pm

A couple of things to think about. First, look at the size of the teams and see if all the kids are getting significant playing time. That may vary from team-to-team, but I strongly suspect for some the answer is no (particularly for those teams that went with the $ grab and have an 18 boy roster). Second, even if some/most teams are playing possession soccer, would they be better served by staying with the 9v9 or 7v7 matches longer? Some teams even played up before they were scheduled to start playing 11v11 to "get ready" for it. My own opinion is that kids would be better served by not moving to 11v11 so early and not having 18-man rosters at u11.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/24/2012, 4:16 pm

omega striker wrote:with all do respect good sir these types of threads go on and on each and every year,with first whatever year it maybe that year is the most talented,then it goes thru rankings,loss of players,gaining of super players,great coach one minute crap the next etc..... the real fun is joining in with the younger groups cause' those parents are always ready to rumble on just about anything at the drop of a pin! lol!

I may be a little groggy here in the afternoon, but I don't follow anything after "with all do respect good sir..."

Watcha sayin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/24/2012, 4:20 pm

scrdad wrote:A couple of things to think about. First, look at the size of the teams and see if all the kids are getting significant playing time. That may vary from team-to-team, but I strongly suspect for some the answer is no (particularly for those teams that went with the $ grab and have an 18 boy roster). Second, even if some/most teams are playing possession soccer, would they be better served by staying with the 9v9 or 7v7 matches longer? Some teams even played up before they were scheduled to start playing 11v11 to "get ready" for it. My own opinion is that kids would be better served by not moving to 11v11 so early and not having 18-man rosters at u11.

Do the coaches control going to 11v. 11 at U10 or is that a league/NTX Soccer decision? I can agree that stying at 9 v 9 for longer having smaller rosters would definately be better, but it seems the top teams at least have figured out how to play possession, skilled soccer with 11 v. 11. With regard to playing time, I agree that if you are on the bench or player 15-18 it would not be good. As a parent, I would not have my kid play on a team where he was #15-18 and on the bench most of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by chl37 2/24/2012, 10:03 pm

What about a CL east and west? This could remove the need for large rosters and the need for relegation stress. There would be more teams with smaller rosters. A regional system that looks to be as inclusive as possible allowing the most kids possible to play and receive quality coaching and development time. If there are more teams competing at a higher level couldn't that raise the level of the entire player pool. Just throwing it out there to see what comes back

chl37
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 2/25/2012, 8:17 am

chl37 wrote:What about a CL east and west? This could remove the need for large rosters and the need for relegation stress. There would be more teams with smaller rosters. A regional system that looks to be as inclusive as possible allowing the most kids possible to play and receive quality coaching and development time. If there are more teams competing at a higher level couldn't that raise the level of the entire player pool. Just throwing it out there to see what comes back
It's an interesting idea so I'm stuck agreeing and disagreeing.

I agree that in the short term it would work extremely well. The East and West divisions would quickly create a new level of competitiveness for the kids. The teams will, at first, have smaller rosters and the kids would see more time playing on the field. The very top coaches though will still carry maximum rosters as families always migrate to them first.

I disagree with this idea because in the long term it will only serve us by dilluting the talent pool in the top-most league. There will be a higher demand for coaches so that will actually decrease the "AVERAGE-level-of-quality" of the coaching in the top leagues. Eventually the new coaches will realize that the more players they carry the more they get paid and they will fill their rosters full as well. By doing so, that will create a higher demand for players. With more players, that will actually decrease the "AVERAGE-level-of-quality" of skilled players in the top leagues. Ultimately the competitiveness will decrease instead of increase. (Also see: Retraction proposals in the NBA & MLB.)

With the competition watered down, the top teams would simply move on to another league. (ECNL? Academy? Pre-Academy?)

To collect more players for CL, those players must be pulled from elsewhere... they would come from Plano and Arlington Premier leagues. Plano and Arlington (which are good leagues by the way) would shrink and struggle.

I don't think that, in the long term, we'd achieve our desired result.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by chl37 2/25/2012, 10:38 am

Tex, I see what you mean. I think the current system, like any system, is not perfect. It always seems to be the human factor that stands in the way or makes it work despite itself.
... I actually thought it would work In reverse. With short term problems and long term results.

chl37
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down