Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DA Tiered System Next Year Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DA Tiered System Next Year

+7
Number13
Pitchdad
TayJ6
Soccer27
davito
AFC-E-Rules
Sprint
11 posters

Go down

DA Tiered System Next Year Empty DA Tiered System Next Year

Post by Sprint 2/12/2018, 9:59 am

Seeing some rumors in the soccer blog and twitter world that US Soccer is going to a tiered DA system next year. Meaning the MLS teams would be in Tier 1, Non-MLS teams in Tier 2, etc. Not sure if true or if it really makes any difference, other than more travel for MLS teams. But interesting none the less.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

DA Tiered System Next Year Empty Re: DA Tiered System Next Year

Post by AFC-E-Rules 2/12/2018, 12:18 pm

Wonder if this is pre-new president or post election? On the surface, does not seem like it would help overall competition and allow potentially unknown players to bubble up.
AFC-E-Rules
AFC-E-Rules
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 2/12/2018, 3:56 pm

In my experience Texas teams tend to fare well vs most other areas of the country at DA showcases. Maybe tiers should take that into account and not just MLS status.... Twisted Evil
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 2/12/2018, 4:00 pm

If this is true, I could see it leading to the end of DA for any non-MLS clubs. Why play DA (light) when you can just play Classic League, National League, Premiere League and HS soccer? If college soccer is your goal and your not in an MLS DA, you can get there from Classic League.

Who knows, the only thing constant with US Soccer is change.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 2/12/2018, 4:44 pm

Sprint wrote:If this is true, I could see it leading to the end of DA for any non-MLS clubs.  Why play DA (light) when you can just play Classic League, National League, Premiere League and HS soccer?  If college soccer is your goal and your not in an MLS DA, you can get there from Classic League.  

Ditto all the above.....
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 2/12/2018, 6:07 pm

There were some rumors floating around that the non MLS clubs will be a feeder to the MLS DA. Don’t know what would be the exchange in return would be ?

Sprint wrote:If this is true, I could see it leading to the end of DA for any non-MLS clubs.  Why play DA (light) when you can just play Classic League, National League, Premiere League and HS soccer?  If college soccer is your goal and your not in an MLS DA, you can get there from Classic League.  

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 2/18/2018, 10:42 am

The way it was explained to me was that it is more about adding tier 2 DA programs that can’t meet ALL the stringent club/coaching requirements of DA due to costs. It gets those clubs/players in the system and allows the clubs to work toward tier 1 status as they grow and expand facilities, coaching licenses, scholarship requirements, etc.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchdad 2/19/2018, 10:14 am

TayJ6 wrote:The way it was explained to me was that it is more about adding tier 2 DA programs that can’t meet ALL the stringent club/coaching requirements of DA due to costs. It gets those clubs/players in the system and allows the clubs to work toward tier 1 status as they grow and expand facilities, coaching licenses, scholarship requirements, etc.

Incorrect,

It's the MLS only in tier 1 and non MLS in tier 2.

Tier 1 will travel and be treated as professionals. The Tier 2 clubs will simply be feeders to the local or regional MLS program.

Pitchdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 2/19/2018, 11:07 am

Oh, okay.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/19/2018, 11:14 am

Pitchdad wrote:
TayJ6 wrote:The way it was explained to me was that it is more about adding tier 2 DA programs that can’t meet ALL the stringent club/coaching requirements of DA due to costs. It gets those clubs/players in the system and allows the clubs to work toward tier 1 status as they grow and expand facilities, coaching licenses, scholarship requirements, etc.

Incorrect,

Tier 1 will travel and be treated as professionals.  The Tier 2 clubs will simply be feeders to the local or regional MLS program.

I googled "you're f-cked for DA if you are not MLS" and I didn't get any hits.   Has this been decided and nobody has been told officially, or are you just implying that your version of the rumor does not agree with this other guy's version of a rumor?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchdad 2/19/2018, 11:19 am

Number13 wrote:
Pitchdad wrote:

Incorrect,

Tier 1 will travel and be treated as professionals.  The Tier 2 clubs will simply be feeders to the local or regional MLS program.

I googled "you're f-cked for DA if you are not MLS" and I didn't get any hits.   Has this been decided and nobody has been told officially, or are you just implying that your version of the rumor does not agree with this other guy's version of a rumor?

I'll just say it's not rumor, soon to be announced officially... And expect to see a change in the number of DA clubs in the area...

Money and control are tough things to give up...

Pitchdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/19/2018, 11:29 am

FCD DA Reserves B doesn't sound quite as cool as Solar Chelsea.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 2/19/2018, 1:27 pm

Pitchdad wrote:

Isn’t this pretty much how it already works at the oldest age levels? At least in NTX.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 2/20/2018, 12:40 am

During Copa Rayados over Thanksgiving Adrian mentioned he was meeting with other non MLS DA club directors to figure this out. This isn’t anything new and they are currently working on it, if they haven’t figured it out already.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 2/20/2018, 6:25 am

I heard talks about it earlier in 2017. That some agreement FCD. It was earlier in talks so I didn’t put much weight in the rumors but now it starts to make some sense.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 2/20/2018, 8:33 am

This is a rumor and as they said it has been floating around for a while. From what I understand it is not a done deal. Pitchdad seems to think it is and maybe he has more insight than I do (which would not be too difficult). I just cannot see this happening with what the travel costs would amount to for a DA tier with only MLS teams. Substantial cost and time consuming trips. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I do believe, however, there will be some type of change.

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 2/20/2018, 10:50 am

ShastaTx wrote:This is a rumor and as they said it has been floating around for a while. From what I understand it is not a done deal. Pitchdad seems to think it is and maybe he has more insight than I do (which would not be too difficult). I just cannot see this happening with what the travel costs would amount to for a DA tier with only MLS teams. Substantial cost and time consuming trips. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I do believe, however, there will be some type of change.

The idea I am hearing that makes sense if they change to MLS in tier 1 and non-MLS in tier 2 is the MLS clubs will mainly play big showcases, and when they play league games they will knockout more than one per weekend to cut down on travel. Might make it more plausible.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 2/20/2018, 12:00 pm

As my Grammy Tippy used to say, "I do not have a dog in this hunt."  That being said, during the recent USSSF election, almost all (if not all) of the candidates discussed how DA needed to be changed.  In fact, some of them considered it a failure.  I have no idea if that is correct or not.  

It seemed like one of the biggest issues was exclusion and how that caused talented players to fall through the cracks.  I have heard other pundits make similar comments.  It seems like a tier system is in direct contradiction to the complaints made about exclusion.  With this change, it would appear that the USSF is completely dismissing the complaints and merely dictating from above.  

It would further evidence the argument that MLS has too much power and control over USSF.  The suggested change seems to exist to bolster MLS clubs to the detriment of non-MLS clubs.

As usual, I am probably missing something.  I have no involvement in DA and have loser nephews that will never play DA.  Accordingly, I would love to hear the thoughts of others that actually know what they are talking about.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 2/20/2018, 12:31 pm

I could see them tapering inclusion with respect to age. More DA clubs at the lower ages (similar to current, or more for even greater inclusion) and them tapering the number of clubs as the age increases to concentrate talent. The only place an MLS only division makes sense is at the U19s or so. MLS ideally should already have its own leagues for U19s and U23s, but this way USSF subsidizes it. MLS as a whole is a very strange and almost rediculous business model comparedd to all other sports, so this wouldn’t really surprise me.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down