Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season?

+15
WRG
soccergrinder
P1er
tiger19
jimulon6
Madcap
BTMason
typical
Soccerinsanity
cds3
earbucket
bbsbiggestfan
Rocketeer
wembleys
krowdkontrol
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? - Page 2 Empty Re: 01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season?

Post by Rocketeer 3/30/2012, 9:55 pm

jimulon6 wrote:This is a bad idea, but it will flourish due to the delusions of so many North Texas parents.

At least the kids will get burnt out a few years earlier and will have time to pick up another sport. Maybe Neutral

I agree with you.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? - Page 2 Empty Re: 01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season?

Post by tiger19 3/30/2012, 10:20 pm

So what will this mean for the Div 1 classic league for those u11s moving into u12s with respect to preacademy?

tiger19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

01, so lots of movement or stand pat after season? - Page 2 Empty Pre-academy

Post by P1er 3/30/2012, 11:35 pm

BTMason wrote:
Madcap wrote:My understanding is that it was just announced this week to the four clubs so I doubt you will see anything posted to the website just yet. U11 and U12 are added for the upcoming Fall and tryouts can start now. I would think someone within a club can confirm this. It will be fairly obvious in the next few weeks when they start having tryouts. I guess we will wait and see.

As much as it upsets me to have to do so.... I can absolutely confirm that US Youth Club Soccer DOES plan to open the Pre-Academy program up to the U11 and U12 age groups. So obviously 8 more pre-academy teams will be formed each year than in years past here in the DFW metro area. I hope that it is a good experience for the younger groups. I myself and I know many others are fearful it will be to large a push on winning at to early an age.

Don't get me wrong, I have spoken with Wade Breaux on more than one occasion about the Texas Pre-Academy League, and believe it is a good tool at some of the older ages. However, Wade has made it very clear to me that it is performance based and if a club is not performing at a high enough standard as a whole they could easily be subject to removal and replacement. Therefore, I fear that some coaches will pass this pressure back down to the players, and make what could be a strong and rewarding experience something much less positive. Still, today in our conversation he did confirm their intention to open the league to U11s and U12s in the upcoming season.

Thanks,

B.T. Mason MSFC

This thread deserves it's own space!
So does this means the 02 boys ( born in 2001) anticipating select will now have the option of trying out for pre-academy (and miss out on classic league and the various tournaments altogether and instead pay over 3,000 for travel, dues, etc, with less games and less playtime?)

Are other states doing this?

P1er
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/1/2012, 12:18 am

BTMason wrote: I have spoken with Wade Breaux on more than one occasion about the Texas Pre-Academy League, and believe it is a good tool at some of the older ages. However, Wade has made it very clear to me that it is performance based and if a club is not performing at a high enough standard as a whole they could easily be subject to removal and replacement.

Not sure who Wade Breaux is but he is wrong in some respects. I do not deny that performance is mandatory. However, the flaw in his logic lies in the idea that US Youth Club Soccer has any control at all in what clubs and therefore what teams will be in the Pre-Academy League. The determination of which clubs participate is based solely on what the USSF DA Academy does. If a club is accepted by the DA Academy, which may be based on performance of the DA teams, will determine the clubs playing in the Pre-Academy League. Not the performance of the Pre-Academy teams themselves.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 4/1/2012, 2:23 am

soccergrinder wrote:
BTMason wrote: I have spoken with Wade Breaux on more than one occasion about the Texas Pre-Academy League, and believe it is a good tool at some of the older ages. However, Wade has made it very clear to me that it is performance based and if a club is not performing at a high enough standard as a whole they could easily be subject to removal and replacement.

Not sure who Wade Breaux is but he is wrong in some respects. I do not deny that performance is mandatory. However, the flaw in his logic lies in the idea that US Youth Club Soccer has any control at all in what clubs and therefore what teams will be in the Pre-Academy League. The determination of which clubs participate is based solely on what the USSF DA Academy does. If a club is accepted by the DA Academy, which may be based on performance of the DA teams, will determine the clubs playing in the Pre-Academy League. Not the performance of the Pre-Academy teams themselves.

Wade Breaux is the US Club Soccer Member Rep for the Pre-Academy League in our Region. US Club soccer runs the NPL. The US Soccer Federation runs the USSDA. Where I think your confusion has occurred is in the fact that… yes, US Club soccer uses US Soccer Federation Development Academy Clubs for the member base of the Texas Pre-Academy League. The TPA is part of the NPL (National Premier Leagues) and NOT the same as the USSDA (US Soccer Development Academy).

You are right that US Club Soccer has nothing to do with the requirements set by the USSF for clubs to become part of the USSDA and, again, you are right if you are assuming that US Club Soccer has used the Clubs that qualify for the USSDA to form the membership of the NPL (http://nationalpremierleagues.com/). However, US Club Soccer does have control over the requirements to stay and compete in their league... and performance, at least according to their member services rep as of March 30th, 2012 at 4:22pm CST, is reviewable by them solely for the NPL.

Furthermore, the NPLs growth will not be limited by the USSF. In this same conversation Mr. Breaux made it perfectly clear that US Club Soccer plans, in the coming years, to expand the NPL to more than one division, allowing other clubs that are not currently part of the USSDA the ability to come and showcase their talent in a separate division. We did not discuss if they planned to have a promotion/relegation system.

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 4/1/2012, 8:39 am

BTMason wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

Wade Breaux is the US Club Soccer Member Rep for the Pre-Academy League in our Region. US Club soccer runs the NPL. The US Soccer Federation runs the USSDA. Where I think your confusion has occurred is in the fact that… yes, US Club soccer uses US Soccer Federation Development Academy Clubs for the member base of the Texas Pre-Academy League. The TPA is part of the NPL (National Premier Leagues) and NOT the same as the USSDA (US Soccer Development Academy).

You are right that US Club Soccer has nothing to do with the requirements set by the USSF for clubs to become part of the USSDA and, again, you are right if you are assuming that US Club Soccer has used the Clubs that qualify for the USSDA to form the membership of the NPL (http://nationalpremierleagues.com/). However, US Club Soccer does have control over the requirements to stay and compete in their league... and performance, at least according to their member services rep as of March 30th, 2012 at 4:22pm CST, is reviewable by them solely for the NPL.

Furthermore, the NPLs growth will not be limited by the USSF. In this same conversation Mr. Breaux made it perfectly clear that US Club Soccer plans, in the coming years, to expand the NPL to more than one division, allowing other clubs that are not currently part of the USSDA the ability to come and showcase their talent in a separate division. We did not discuss if they planned to have a promotion/relegation system.

Your last paragraph seems like a terrible idea to me. They are basically trying to kill Classic league and start their own league.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/1/2012, 10:10 am

BTMason wrote:Where I think your confusion has occurred is in the fact that… yes, US Club soccer uses US Soccer Federation Development Academy Clubs for the member base of the Texas Pre-Academy League. The TPA is part of the NPL (National Premier Leagues) and NOT the same as the USSDA (US Soccer Development Academy).
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I am new to all this soccer stuff. It must have been the large Comic Book blue kiddie text that confused me. affraid

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 4/1/2012, 10:39 pm

WRG wrote:
BTMason wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

Your last paragraph seems like a terrible idea to me. They are basically trying to kill Classic league and start their own league.

Money money money .... big clubs forming what I would consider an Oligopoly.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/1/2012, 11:28 pm

Now throw possible expansion of USSDA to U 14 in the mix and it will become real interesting.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 4/2/2012, 7:49 pm

As a high school coach, I can't help but notice how many very strong players we have in the area that are from Mexico. Where did these Mexican kids fly that allowed them to develop so well technically. Is there any way we could get itineraries and play the same schedule as these kids that are from Monterrey, Mexico City, etc. I'm also curious if they have to attend the same school and how many thousands of dollars it takes for them to play so well. Are there uniform kits, Adidas or Nike?

Yes, I sometimes have problems with sarcasm. bounce
If present trends continue, the academy teams better stay out of the parks. They just might lose to a team wearing t-shirts that can't afford to play in the Rec Leagues. Very Happy

mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 4/3/2012, 8:42 am

mrclean wrote:As a high school coach, I can't help but notice how many very strong players we have in the area that are from Mexico. Where did these Mexican kids fly that allowed them to develop so well technically. Is there any way we could get itineraries and play the same schedule as these kids that are from Monterrey, Mexico City, etc. I'm also curious if they have to attend the same school and how many thousands of dollars it takes for them to play so well. Are there uniform kits, Adidas or Nike?

Yes, I sometimes have problems with sarcasm. bounce
If present trends continue, the academy teams better stay out of the parks. They just might lose to a team wearing t-shirts that can't afford to play in the Rec Leagues. Very Happy

so whats the solution.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 4/3/2012, 9:18 am

I have no idea and maybe the US Soccer Development Academy is taking the right approach. There is just something in my gut that says it doesn't feel right. This top down approach seems to be pulling the rug out from under the feet of local leagues that have grown and promoted soccer for decades. it is pulling the rug from under the feet of high school programs that really did have world class training facilities along with more and more quality coaches being attracted to high school programs.

In some ways, I still prefer ODP. It worked along side existing leagues and clubs and even allowed players from recreational teams to participate. As surprising as this sounds there are still some very good players out there who have parents that can't (or won't) afford to pay for competitive soccer and can't (or won't) travel 30 to 100+ miles for practices.

If we are trying to identify the best players and develop their talents, those kids need to be brought into the picture.

Maybe the Development Academy could find a kid outside the metroplex, say from Nacogdoches, and train him in a way that would allow him to be so good that he could actually play in the English Premier League. Hmm...
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 4/3/2012, 9:59 am

mrclean wrote:I have no idea and maybe the US Soccer Development Academy is taking the right approach. There is just something in my gut that says it doesn't feel right. This top down approach seems to be pulling the rug out from under the feet of local leagues that have grown and promoted soccer for decades. it is pulling the rug from under the feet of high school programs that really did have world class training facilities along with more and more quality coaches being attracted to high school programs.

In some ways, I still prefer ODP. It worked along side existing leagues and clubs and even allowed players from recreational teams to participate. As surprising as this sounds there are still some very good players out there who have parents that can't (or won't) afford to pay for competitive soccer and can't (or won't) travel 30 to 100+ miles for practices.

If we are trying to identify the best players and develop their talents, those kids need to be brought into the picture.

Maybe the Development Academy could find a kid outside the metroplex, say from Nacogdoches, and train him in a way that would allow him to be so good that he could actually play in the English Premier League. Hmm...

We need to find a way to make the entire process at the highest level COMPLETELY FREE, no travel costs, no uniform costs, no anything costs! The USSF and USYCS both proclaim that they are following European models for their leagues. However, until it is completely free we are going to miss near 70-75 percent of what would be our TOP TALENT>

I know some of you are warming your fingers for rebuttal right now, but hear me out before you respond. How many of our top athletes in the BIG 3 (Football, Basketball, Baseball) come from completely rural areas? I am completely guessing here, but I think conservatively we could say 70/30 with 30 percent of our TOP athletes in the BIG 3 coming from rural America. Therefore, once you begin to factor in potential players that have transportation issues, and/or financial issues I don’t think I am being overly skeptical when I estimate the loss of TOP PLAYER potential to be 70-75%.

My position has been and will remain that instead of making soccer more elitist, we need to make it more cultural with a strong grass-roots push just like the BIG 3, and until the “Powers that Be” embrace it we will never truly maximize the talent we are producing here in the US.

As always… just my opinion

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by t5house 4/3/2012, 10:22 am

FREE would be better, I agree. Some parents who have a talented child will not attempt the academys around here because of financial issues. Sure from the U6-U10 ages a coach can allow a few kids to play and not pay because they know at U11 that's when the big bucks flow in. A major organization would have to step in and get rights for the possibility of these kids getting to the first team for it to be worthwhile. Sure playing for the FC Dallas U16 and U18 Academy teams the kids get sponsored but it has to happen much earlier. Just imagine coaches still getting paid to coach and all kids get to play for free........hmmmmmmmmmmmm............not here yet but maybe one day.

t5house
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eastx 4/3/2012, 12:23 pm

Also....what about the talent pool outside of the metroplex? There's not a lot of options other than drive 2+ hrs one way then factor in the frequency that has to occur at that level. Need to be more avenues other than just dfw area....

eastx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 4/3/2012, 1:34 pm

BTMason wrote:
mrclean wrote:I have no idea and maybe the US Soccer Development Academy is taking the right approach. There is just something in my gut that says it doesn't feel right. This top down approach seems to be pulling the rug out from under the feet of local leagues that have grown and promoted soccer for decades. it is pulling the rug from under the feet of high school programs that really did have world class training facilities along with more and more quality coaches being attracted to high school programs.

We need to find a way to make the entire process at the highest level COMPLETELY FREE, no travel costs, no uniform costs, no anything costs! The USSF and USYCS both proclaim that they are following European models for their leagues. However, until it is completely free we are going to miss near 70-75 percent of what would be our TOP TALENT>

I know some of you are warming your fingers for rebuttal right now, but hear me out before you respond. How many of our top athletes in the BIG 3 (Football, Basketball, Baseball) come from completely rural areas? I am completely guessing here, but I think conservatively we could say 70/30 with 30 percent of our TOP athletes in the BIG 3 coming from rural America. Therefore, once you begin to factor in potential players that have transportation issues, and/or financial issues I don’t think I am being overly skeptical when I estimate the loss of TOP PLAYER potential to be 70-75%.

My position has been and will remain that instead of making soccer more elitist, we need to make it more cultural with a strong grass-roots push just like the BIG 3, and until the “Powers that Be” embrace it we will never truly maximize the talent we are producing here in the US.

As always… just my opinion

Can we add skill training and knowledge/ history of the game to what you said. Without skills , free or not free really does not matter.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 4/3/2012, 6:39 pm

ABSOLUTELY!!

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2