Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96' BANTER Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96' BANTER

+17
Maradona
scoregazam
prettymuneca
starbuck
soccerkraut
34blast
hammer's dad
DragonStryker
my2cents
Keeperdad96
off_the_woodwork
Keeper96
soccerdad1
FlatBack4
soccermom040
camjr
CH1
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

96' BANTER Empty 96' BANTER

Post by CH1 3/27/2012, 3:32 pm

ok the 97's & 95's are moving...lets get some 96' banter ....HS is the current hot topic, but were there any surprises the first weekend back?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER Empty Re: 96' BANTER

Post by camjr 3/27/2012, 3:49 pm

No huge suprises (teams all coming back after a LONG hiatus), but I found it odd in D2 that Classic 96, the team that was 4th in the table, lost 6-1 to Che's FCD team. Other games were all relatively close.
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 3/29/2012, 3:09 pm

High school ball leaves lots of bodies laying on the road at seasons end. Maybe Club Classic has some injuries. Also, there are players that just flat out quit teams at this age group. Since there are only 6 games in the Spring, they may feel as if they're aren't missing much.
The first week for D2 had some moving and shaking; things are close in the middle of the pack.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 4/16/2012, 4:47 pm

DI -Can DTR hold their lead?….while Andro & Eagles will be fighting to stay as both teams have tough schedules to finish out….but there is excitement in DII…..

Wow…DII is really going to have a FUN run down the stretch ….3 teams all looking for the last spot while Amarillo looks to lead them into DI…
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 4/17/2012, 6:13 pm

CH1 wrote:DI -Can DTR hold their lead?….while Andro & Eagles will be fighting to stay as both teams have tough schedules to finish out….but there is excitement in DII…..

Wow…DII is really going to have a FUN run down the stretch ….3 teams all looking for the last spot while Amarillo looks to lead them into DI…

Yeah, DTR leads TFC by four points with four games to go, and they play each other within those four games. TFC would have to win-out, and DTR would have to lose two of the four. DTR losing two of four isn't likely, so I see DTR winning U16-D1. TFC gave it a good shot by winning the Fall season, but major injuries took their toll back in November when the Spring season began with two ties and two losses.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/18/2012, 1:00 pm

I have to agree with FB. DTR seems to be in good shape for Grand Champion. They have a goal differential (27) that is greater than the next bests total goals for (24). Only 5 goals given up through 14 games is pretty impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 4/22/2012, 7:25 pm

Ody needs to find a couple of forwards. They lost their main scorer before the Spring season began and have only scored 5 goals in 8 games (including Dallas Cup).
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 4/23/2012, 9:04 am

After another weekend we now move closer to ending another season.
DI: Texans Red should wrap up the top spot. Congrats! Also, congrats to Eagles for earning their stay in DI. I was surprised to see so many pre-academy players playing for Andromeda this past weekend…But it wasn’t enough to save the DI spot…
DII: Looks like Andro & Tejanos swapping with Amarillo & FCD …Comets get a close 3rd and Solar made a late run…..Inter & Strikers will drop…
DIII: Top 3 teams all within a game of each other. TFC & Lightening will go the tourney.
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER Empty 96 CL D1 is a done deal

Post by Guest 4/28/2012, 9:12 pm

Congrats to DTR for clinching the Grand Champion spot today. Very impressive that this virtually new team won it. I think this team will just get stronger next year as boys look for more exposure to college coaches that DT can give them. TFC made a good run and so did DTRS.

So long to Tejanos and Andro Red. I wonder if those teams will stay together or implode. Welcome to D1 Amarillo Lightning and FCD Youth (fka Red West). Great to see that Coach Che's team is getting shot at D1. They have paid their dues many years in D2.

It was a fun season to watch pan out, especially with so many changes in this age group because of DA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeper96 4/29/2012, 7:20 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:. . .
So long to Tejanos and Andro Red. I wonder if those teams will stay together or implode.
Tejanos will not stay together.
May be new team again next year, but with this year results coach would have really hard time to find players at this age.

Keeper96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 4/29/2012, 8:47 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:Congrats to DTR for clinching the Grand Champion spot today. Very impressive that this virtually new team won it. I think this team will just get stronger next year as boys look for more exposure to college coaches that DT can give them. TFC made a good run and so did DTRS.

So long to Tejanos and Andro Red. I wonder if those teams will stay together or implode. Welcome to D1 Amarillo Lightning and FCD Youth (fka Red West). Great to see that Coach Che's team is getting shot at D1. They have paid their dues many years in D2.

It was a fun season to watch pan out, especially with so many changes in this age group because of DA.

What if there was a top team, I won't mention any names, that had several other teams, from the same club, in their same division and age group, and, just as an example, played one of those "brother" teams yesterday and that "brother" team was actually asked to intentionally lose the game.

I know, I know... I'm sure it didn't happen. The guy that told me about it, whose kid played on the winning team, must have been really pissed for some other reason. He must have had a bad day at work, or it was just sour grapes because his kid started on a top team, and he was just... well.. you know... unreasonable. Who knows?

He told me, and I know it just couldn't have happened, but the "brother" team, for example, played their starting keeping in the field, and jumbled the other players around so they would be out of position. Crazy, huh? There's just no way.

I mean... if it was true, how embarrassing could it be for the top team to have been caught doing something like that. And, how could you ask a bunch of boys to throw a game. I know... that's probably not what happened, if it actually did. The club management probably told the coach to do it while behind closed door, and the coach, doing the only thing he could do without letting on to his own parents and players, just moved everyone around. Afterall, they had no chance of being #1, so the game meant nothing to them. It would be easy. Let everyone just play and goof off. But, you know how things get outta hand, the "brother" team parents probably, like I said, this couldn't really have happened, were sitting over on the sideline wonder WTF was going on. Then, after the game, probably, one parent that is in tight with the coach just kinda asked WTF was going on. And, being a standup guy, the coach F'd up and told the dad.

Like I said... naa.... there's just no way this could have possibly happened.

FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 4/30/2012, 8:07 am

FlatBack4 wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:Congrats to DTR for clinching the Grand Champion spot today. Very impressive that this virtually new team won it. I think this team will just get stronger next year as boys look for more exposure to college coaches that DT can give them. TFC made a good run and so did DTRS.

What if there was a top team, I won't mention any names, that had several other teams, from the same club, in their same division and age group, and, just as an example, played one of those "brother" teams yesterday and that "brother" team was actually asked to intentionally lose the game.

I know, I know... I'm sure it didn't happen. The guy that told me about it, whose kid played on the winning team, must have been really pissed for some other reason. He must have had a bad day at work, or it was just sour grapes because his kid started on a top team, and he was just... well.. you know... unreasonable. Who knows?

He told me, and I know it just couldn't have happened, but the "brother" team, for example, played their starting keeping in the field, and jumbled the other players around so they would be out of position. Crazy, huh? There's just no way.

I mean... if it was true, how embarrassing could it be for the top team to have been caught doing something like that. And, how could you ask a bunch of boys to throw a game. I know... that's probably not what happened, if it actually did. The club management probably told the coach to do it while behind closed door, and the coach, doing the only thing he could do without letting on to his own parents and players, just moved everyone around. Afterall, they had no chance of being #1, so the game meant nothing to them. It would be easy. Let everyone just play and goof off. But, you know how things get outta hand, the "brother" team parents probably, like I said, this couldn't really have happened, were sitting over on the sideline wonder WTF was going on. Then, after the game, probably, one parent that is in tight with the coach just kinda asked WTF was going on. And, being a standup guy, the coach F'd up and told the dad.

Wouldn't have thought that DTR would need this type of help to beat up on little brother DTWW, but if you say so.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeperdad96 4/30/2012, 10:00 am

FlatBack4 wrote:

This did not happen. I saw the game. Oddly enough, it was the same score as in the fall. 3-0.

Keeperdad96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/30/2012, 10:04 am

Keeperdad96 wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:

This did not happen. I saw the game. Oddly enough, it was the same score as in the fall. 3-0.

Of course it is not at all possible that the coach would want to reward his team by letting them go out and have fun in a meaningless game. Most other coaches would do that but since it is the Texans it MUST be a conspiracy. It could not be that a smart coach would not play the starters alot in a meaningless game with the State cup next week. A smart coach wuld not reward the bench that has worked hard all year with a full game of playing time. And finally a smarter coach would definitely put the top team and play his best game so that the opponent has plenty of time to make adjustments for the game that will matter at State Cup. Nope. Nope. Can't be any of that because it is the Texans. How sad.

Congrats to the Texans from an Ody parent. Well done.

Last edited by my2cents on 4/30/2012, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 4/30/2012, 10:21 am

my2cents wrote:
Keeperdad96 wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:

Great. That's what I was hoping.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 5/1/2012, 4:54 pm

SPRING RESULTS

1. TFC 5 1 0 14 5 16

2. FCD 5 0 1 10 2 15

3. DTRS 4 1 1 14 7 13

4. DTR 3 2 1 9 4 11

5. AE 3 1 2 6 5 10

6. DTWW 2 1 3 8 11 7

7. ANDR 1 1 4 5 10 4

8. SLR 1 1 4 7 15 4

9. ODY 0 3 3 3 7 3

10. DFW 0 1 5 1 11 1
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/1/2012, 9:51 pm

CH1 wrote:SPRING RESULTS

1. TFC 5 1 0 14 5 16

2. FCD 5 0 1 10 2 15

3. DTRS 4 1 1 14 7 13

4. DTR 3 2 1 9 4 11

5. AE 3 1 2 6 5 10

6. DTWW 2 1 3 8 11 7

7. ANDR 1 1 4 5 10 4

8. SLR 1 1 4 7 15 4

9. ODY 0 3 3 3 7 3

10. DFW 0 1 5 1 11 1

Not sure what this says, or what's the point. CL season is over and done. Let's now focus on State Cup and then roster movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 5/2/2012, 8:34 am

Its "Banter", it’s not supposed to mean anything other than what it's worth.......BUT… It does show the teams that have progressed from the fall, especially from the beginning of the season.

In 6 spring games: Tejanos only scored 1 goal; Ody didn’t win a game; Andro & Solar could only muster 1 win; DTWW & AE proved they can deserve to be in DI; TFC/FCD/DTR/DTRS finished as the top 4. TFC went undefeated, FCD had shutouts in 5 of the 6, DTR & DTRS both doubled their opponent’s goals.

But no time to reflect on the spring…..it’s been over for 2 whole days…so let’s move on to some new “Banter” upcoming tourneys and who will stay together??????……. lol!
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 5/2/2012, 9:06 am

CH1 wrote:Its "Banter", it’s not supposed to mean anything other than what it's worth.......BUT… It does show the teams that have progressed from the fall, especially from the beginning of the season.

In 6 spring games: Tejanos only scored 1 goal; Ody didn’t win a game; Andro & Solar could only muster 1 win; DTWW & AE proved they can deserve to be in DI; TFC/FCD/DTR/DTRS finished as the top 4. TFC went undefeated, FCD had shutouts in 5 of the 6, DTR & DTRS both doubled their opponent’s goals.

But no time to reflect on the spring…..it’s been over for 2 whole days…so let’s move on to some new “Banter” upcoming tourneys and who will stay together??????……. lol!

It's interesting to note that Solar, one of the higher scoring teams in the Fall saw their offensive output drop like a rock, this, not surprisingly led to their inability to win many games in the Spring as their defense had been fairly porous all season.

I think someone previously mentioned Odyssey losing some players to injury during the HS season. That's a shame to see, it obviously hurt their offensive output in the Spring.

FCD showed the most improvement by far. Any clues what precipitated that improvement? They looked to be one of the weaker team at the start of the Fall season. Ended the year as one of the strongest squads. Pulling from DA? Team finally just gelled? Anyone?
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/3/2012, 9:18 am

CH1 wrote:Its "Banter", it’s not supposed to mean anything other than what it's worth.......BUT… It does show the teams that have progressed from the fall, especially from the beginning of the season.

CH1 thanks for the clarification. I just saw a bunch of numbers and had no idea what they meant. Interesting analysis heading into "tryouts".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2012, 10:00 am

soccerdad1 wrote:Ody needs to find a couple of forwards. They lost their main scorer before the Spring season began and have only scored 5 goals in 8 games (including Dallas Cup).

What is going on with this team? After seeing the results of State Cup, you have to wonder if there is more broken than it appeared a few weeks ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 5/7/2012, 10:12 am

soccerdad96b wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:Ody needs to find a couple of forwards. They lost their main scorer before the Spring season began and have only scored 5 goals in 8 games (including Dallas Cup).

What is going on with this team? After seeing the results of State Cup, you have to wonder if there is more broken than it appeared a few weeks ago.

Didn't Ody win Premier League? Doesn't that mean they are already heading for Regionals?
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER Empty Didn't Ody win Premier League?

Post by hammer's dad 5/7/2012, 11:02 am

FlatBack4 wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

Didn't Ody win Premier League? Doesn't that mean they are already heading for Regionals?

Didn't Ody win Premier League? Yes

Doesn't that mean they are already heading for Regionals? ???????? Don't know.....
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER Empty Ody to Regionals?

Post by Guest 5/7/2012, 11:17 am

Yes, they have a bye to Regionals. Sure hope they find a fix before making that trip. The trip to Greenville, SC could easily cost $1,000 per player, you would want it to be worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/7/2012, 12:30 pm

Ody did not do State Cup last year so they do not have a bye to Regionals. If they do have a bye would not USYSA or NTSSA have informed their manager and coach of the bye?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next