Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96' BANTER - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96' BANTER

+17
Maradona
scoregazam
prettymuneca
starbuck
soccerkraut
34blast
hammer's dad
DragonStryker
my2cents
Keeperdad96
off_the_woodwork
Keeper96
soccerdad1
FlatBack4
soccermom040
camjr
CH1
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

96' BANTER - Page 2 Empty Re: 96' BANTER

Post by my2cents 5/7/2012, 12:30 pm

Ody did not do State Cup last year so they do not have a bye to Regionals. If they do have a bye would not USYSA or NTSSA have informed their manager and coach of the bye?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 5/7/2012, 12:30 pm

The Texan's top team from Division 1, were not that impressive to me. They won twice by 1 goal. They are good, but I expected a complete stomp down of the D2 team they played. The D2 team made several mistakes that cost them the game. The D2 team totally controlled possession. Texans are a bit long ball centric to me.

Maybe DA really has impacted Classic League

The Team finishing 3rd in D3 beat Ody D1
Solar 4th in D2 beat D1 Solar 3-2.

Seems D1, D2, and D3 really aren't that different at U16. The exception being the bottom parts of the rosters.

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2012, 12:46 pm

my2cents wrote:Ody did not do State Cup last year so they do not have a bye to Regionals. If they do have a bye would not USYSA or NTSSA have informed their manager and coach of the bye?

My2..thanks for the clarification. Hope your boys can cure what ails them and get back to form.

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/7/2012, 1:05 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:
my2cents wrote:Ody did not do State Cup last year so they do not have a bye to Regionals. If they do have a bye would not USYSA or NTSSA have informed their manager and coach of the bye?

My2..thanks for the clarification. Hope your boys can cure what ails them and get back to form.
Thanks. After a 0 wins and 13 ties or losses spring season it looks pretty bleak at this point.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/8/2012, 12:07 pm

If ODY had a bye to regionals, why do state cup? It would have saved money and time for sure. Now they have that ill wind blowing before regionals... not good.

I heard Texans had pre-academy players join the state cup roster. Can anyone confirm?
That team is OK at best; that's not taking away anything from the two Solar teams in the bracket. Especially Solar Red... how did they not finish in the top two of D2?

ALSO
Has anyone heard a rumor about classic league relignment? Someone tried telling me that D1 was getting split up, and that the top 5 teams would be separate from the bottom half. So the new league would be a top divison of the top 5 teams, next division 10 teams(combination of bottom half D1 and top half of D2), and so on. This person must have started their Cinco de Mayo celebrations early in the day!
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkraut 5/9/2012, 7:51 am

my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

Thanks. After a 0 wins and 13 ties or losses spring season it looks pretty bleak at this point.

Not sure what happened but morale on the team seems to be at an all time low.
soccerkraut
soccerkraut
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer's dad 5/9/2012, 8:32 am

soccerkraut wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

Is their a change in the future??? Or does team keep drinking the cool-aid???
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 5/26/2012, 10:44 pm

hammer's dad wrote:
soccerkraut wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

Just keeps getting worse for poor Ody. Losses to mid- and bottom-table D3 teams today at KSMDT. Wow.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 5/27/2012, 2:35 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
soccerkraut wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

Just keeps getting worse for poor Ody. Losses to mid- and bottom-table D3 teams today at KSMDT. Wow.

So what the heck happened? Lose their good players or not keeping up with physical development? Got to be one of the two to fall this far for this amount of time.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER - Page 2 Empty need to add a couple more

Post by hammer's dad 5/27/2012, 3:10 pm

starbuck wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
soccerkraut wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

So what the heck happened? Lose their good players or not keeping up with physical development? Got to be one of the two to fall this far for this amount of time.

Might need to add a few more coaching issues, morale of team. This is a great group of boys and team is loaded with talent. This team has imploded on its self and one would wounder if their may be big changes in the next few weeks.... Question
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 5/27/2012, 3:41 pm

hammer's dad wrote:
starbuck wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
soccerkraut wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

Might need to add a few more coaching issues, morale of team. This is a great group of boys and team is loaded with talent. This team has imploded on its self and one would wounder if their may be big changes in the next few weeks.... Question

Just checked out your team and coach and I understand what you're saying now. Unfortunately, that coach has a reputation for chasing away players and being left with only the koolaid drinkers. My sympathies, but unless they've lost players or other teams have surpassed them in physical development, there's no reason they can't get back to a competitive level again.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER - Page 2 Empty I think

Post by hammer's dad 5/27/2012, 3:56 pm

starbuck wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
starbuck wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
soccerkraut wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

Just checked out your team and coach and I understand what you're saying now. Unfortunately, that coach has a reputation for chasing away players and being left with only the koolaid drinkers. My sympathies, but unless they've lost players or other teams have surpassed them in physical development, there's no reason they can't get back to a competitive level again.

I have heard they are loosing allot of players and I know some of their strongest players did not play this weekend.
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 5/27/2012, 4:03 pm

hammer's dad wrote:
starbuck wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
starbuck wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:
hammer's dad wrote:
soccerkraut wrote:
my2cents wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:

I have heard they are loosing allot of players and I know some of their strongest players did not play this weekend.

or, apparently, most of last season.....

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/28/2012, 9:50 am

I wouldn't count Ody out yet. Of the teams in their bracket, the Kicks beat another D1 team In the qtrs and advanced to the semis, the Flash advanced to the semis, ant the Comets lost by 1 to Solar (who have been advertising for guest players).
Yes the have lost some quality players, but I'm sure they will get more.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 5/28/2012, 10:02 am

soccerdad1 wrote:I wouldn't count Ody out yet. Of the teams in their bracket, the Kicks beat another D1 team In the qtrs and advanced to the semis, the Flash advanced to the semis, ant the Comets lost by 1 to Solar (who have been advertising for guest players).

Just to add to Soccerdad1's comment, Solar looks to have 1 guest player based on their gotsoccer roster who is listed as a Defender. That was definitely one of their needs early in the season as they produced a ton of goals but had trouble on the defensive end of things (of course in the spring they had trouble on both sides of the pitch). Unsure if the gotsoccer rosters were used, but if so, they have limited guest players for this tournament.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 5/28/2012, 4:47 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:I wouldn't count Ody out yet. Of the teams in their bracket, the Kicks beat another D1 team In the qtrs and advanced to the semis, the Flash advanced to the semis, ant the Comets lost by 1 to Solar (who have been advertising for guest players).

Always the toughest part of youth soccer.....recruiting the good players and then keeping them.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER - Page 2 Empty Odyssey 96 Boys CCL D1

Post by prettymuneca 6/22/2012, 12:46 am

I am not going to get into detail on this forum why this team lost it core group of players. However, at last nights practice we had 16 players out for tryouts with another 3 out of town that have committed. They are looking very healthy despite losing some of the stronger players that went to Academy contrary to the negativity that is on the post . This coach has developed players that came out of Plano a couple of years ago and developed them into a winning team from Plano D2 through to the Classic D1. They qualified for the Dallas Cup and won the Premier League West in their first year in D1. So I think a little credit should be given where it is due. I think that a lot of these players/parents were spoiled by their success and could not handle it when they lost a few games in the Spring Season. The team still finished 4th in Classic D1.

We still have a couple of spots open and the coach is looking for quality players that are willing to work hard with a coach that will improve their technical and tactical knowledge of the game. Players that will accept the challenge that D1 and their coach will provide for them.

Practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:15 pm and Saturdays at 10:15 am
2185 Golden Heights Rd. Ft. Worth, TX 76052

prettymuneca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer's dad 6/22/2012, 8:17 am

[quote="prettymuneca"]I am not going to get into detail on this forum why this team lost it core group of players. However, at last nights practice we had 16 players out for tryouts with another 3 out of town that have committed. They are looking very healthy despite losing some of the stronger players that went to Academy contrary to the negativity that is on the post . This coach has developed players that came out of Plano a couple of years ago and developed them into a winning team from Plano D2 through to the Classic D1. They qualified for the Dallas Cup and won the Premier League West in their first year in D1. So I think a little credit should be given where it is due. I think that a lot of these players/parents were spoiled by their success and could not handle it when they lost a few games in the Spring Season. The team still finished 4th in Classic D1.

We still have a couple of spots open and the coach is looking for quality players that are willing to work hard with a coach that will improve their technical and tactical knowledge of the game. Players that will accept the challenge that D1 and their coach will provide for them.

I agree with what you said "I am not going to get into detail on this forum why this team lost it core group of players" why do it here when it was never done when the boys were on a team. cheers

I don't think all your info is correct. As of last night none of the Odyssey boys that I know of have went to Academy. There are some that have been asked to play Academy but turn down the chance because they want to play High School soccer. Some of the players have gone to the Texans and some to Solar. All have committed to the teams that they have been working out with.

I think the truth also should be told about "Core Players" out of 18 players that started last year and 1 boy off the Plano team that played Primer league. I think all they have are 3 returning from the D1 team and that could be up to 5 if two of the boys don't stay with another club. There may be a few boys returning from the Plano team that will advance to them to the D1 team.

As far as the comment "players/parents were spoiled by their success and could not handle it when they lost a few games in the Spring Season" that is so far off base it needs to be addressed. There were coaching issues that many different parents tried to address and it fell on deaf ears the boys were also mentally beat down from all the yelling and carrying on.

I wish Odyssey good luck and hope that they have a team to play in D1 and Premier league. If not what will happen to their D1 and their Primer League slots?
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/22/2012, 8:30 am

prettymuneca wrote:I am not going to get into detail on this forum why this team lost it core group of players. However, at last nights practice we had 16 players out for tryouts with another 3 out of town that have committed. They are looking very healthy despite losing some of the stronger players that went to Academy contrary to the negativity that is on the post . This coach has developed players that came out of Plano a couple of years ago and developed them into a winning team from Plano D2 through to the Classic D1. They qualified for the Dallas Cup and won the Premier League West in their first year in D1. So I think a little credit should be given where it is due. I think that a lot of these players/parents were spoiled by their success and could not handle it when they lost a few games in the Spring Season. The team still finished 4th in Classic D1.

1. No Odyssey players went to Academy
2. The Odyssey parents that did leave have shown the class to not get on here and air any differences or grievances. In doing so they have shown respect for the club and the coach. For you to come on here under a brand new poster name and disrespect us in that way is either a very unwise move by a new parent to the team or a stab in the back to people that were your friends but amicably went their own way. I wish Odyssey nothing but the best going forward and would strongly suggest you go your own direction and do not make assumptions or disrespect those that left.
Since I started writing this reply you have already gotten one response that starts to air the dirty laundry. If this is from a new parent then back away quickly. If this is from one of the returners then I know it is one of two people, You know who I am . I am truly saddened and disappointed. Crying or Very sad

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 6/22/2012, 8:41 am

As Andromeda clearly illustrated last year, if you've got a D1 bye, it's not that hard to field a team. It should, however, be noted that it is substantially more difficult to field a competitive team.

And I must say, wow! the following quote, nothing like throwing your former teammates/friends under the bus.

I think that a lot of these players/parents were spoiled by their success and could not handle it when they lost a few games in the Spring Season.

And to add to what my2cents stated earlier, this doesn't exactly reflect well on the club as a whole. Especially when a lot of the parents of the kids you're disparaging and other people reading this thread have other kids in younger age groups who might be looking for Academy teams to play with.

Gotta love the off-season silliness that goes on in NTX soccer.

DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 6/22/2012, 9:23 am

my2cents wrote:
prettymuneca wrote:I am not going to get into detail on this forum why this team lost it core group of players. However, at last nights practice we had 16 players out for tryouts with another 3 out of town that have committed. They are looking very healthy despite losing some of the stronger players that went to Academy contrary to the negativity that is on the post . This coach has developed players that came out of Plano a couple of years ago and developed them into a winning team from Plano D2 through to the Classic D1. They qualified for the Dallas Cup and won the Premier League West in their first year in D1. So I think a little credit should be given where it is due. I think that a lot of these players/parents were spoiled by their success and could not handle it when they lost a few games in the Spring Season. The team still finished 4th in Classic D1.

1. No Odyssey players went to Academy
2. The Odyssey parents that did leave have shown the class to not get on here and air any differences or grievances. In doing so they have shown respect for the club and the coach. For you to come on here under a brand new poster name and disrespect us in that way is either a very unwise move by a new parent to the team or a stab in the back to people that were your friends but amicably went their own way. I wish Odyssey nothing but the best going forward and would strongly suggest you go your own direction and do not make assumptions or disrespect those that left.
Since I started writing this reply you have already gotten one response that starts to air the dirty laundry. If this is from a new parent then back away quickly. If this is from one of the returners then I know it is one of two people, You know who I am . I am truly saddened and disappointed. Crying or Very sad

VERY WELL PUT!!!!!!!!!
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96' BANTER - Page 2 Empty No Disrespect

Post by prettymuneca 6/22/2012, 1:50 pm

The post was not meant as a disrespect to anyone... Good luck to everyone with their future endeavors.

prettymuneca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 6/22/2012, 2:38 pm

Friendly parents + screaming coach = current state of affairs. Good luck all.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 7/6/2012, 2:18 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:Congrats to DTR for clinching the Grand Champion spot today. Very impressive that this virtually new team won it. I think this team will just get stronger next year as boys look for more exposure to college coaches that DT can give them. TFC made a good run and so did DTRS.

So long to Tejanos and Andro Red. I wonder if those teams will stay together or implode. Welcome to D1 Amarillo Lightning and FCD Youth (fka Red West). Great to see that Coach Che's team is getting shot at D1. They have paid their dues many years in D2.

It was a fun season to watch pan out, especially with so many changes in this age group because of DA.

FCD youth blew up the team and released many key contributors to make room for FCD premier players that were cut to allow Dymond to bring back his boys to the new 'premier' team. Probable damage to both squads.
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/6/2012, 3:12 pm

Goooal!!! wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:Congrats to DTR for clinching the Grand Champion spot today. Very impressive that this virtually new team won it. I think this team will just get stronger next year as boys look for more exposure to college coaches that DT can give them. TFC made a good run and so did DTRS.

So long to Tejanos and Andro Red. I wonder if those teams will stay together or implode. Welcome to D1 Amarillo Lightning and FCD Youth (fka Red West). Great to see that Coach Che's team is getting shot at D1. They have paid their dues many years in D2.

It was a fun season to watch pan out, especially with so many changes in this age group because of DA.

FCD youth blew up the team and released many key contributors to make room for FCD premier players that were cut to allow Dymond to bring back his boys to the new 'premier' team. Probable damage to both squads.

Back from where ?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 7/6/2012, 10:39 pm

my2cents wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:

Back from where ?

A few from Dymond's team from 2010-11 were playing up last year on the 95 Premier team, a few had gone to other 96 D1 teams, and several were playing academy. I have heard most of that team is now back, with a few other good pieces added. Yes most of last season's 5th place FCD Premier team was released and many of those ended up on Che's team, and so the domino's fall. I disagree with the "damage to both squads" comment though, as both squads are now more talented then last year. Some hard feelings? Sure, but that's life in D1. I imagine there were some cuts in Solar also with half of Odyssey coming over.

Also heard a few from last season's Premier and FCDY teams went to FCD Central D2 (ex-Comets), which should help them as well. And is it really true that some of the D1 American Eagles have defected to the Tejano's? Would like to hear a little more about that.... Shocked

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next